Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning and Happy Friday ladies! I haven't gotten much done the last few days, but I haven't been feeling that good the last few days either. No fever, just sinuses and now a bit of a sore throat :( Hopefully it stops soon

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend! :hug s for all

Good afternoon everyone. Hope you all are having a good one. Because I am. I had a mammogram done this morning. Everything turned out just fine. I got home at 12 noon.  Just wanted to share with you all. Its a happy day. :jumpyay  Love Arlene :pink

Long & busy day ahead of me tomorrow. I have an Event in Independence MO for my It Works business so I hope that goes awesomely and I get some new business & maybe even a new distributor or 2! I am on my way to making $2000+ a month, so once I get all my numbers right & get to "DIAMOND" status, we can sign my husband up to sell under me also! Super exciting :) I love that I finally started sellng something that I love and that is actually working for me! I also love that the products are all natural and have helped me lose weight! It's also helped me cut out 95% of soda that I was drinking. There are some days where I just NEED a pepsi. (Okay not really but I really want one LOL!) Most days though, I don't have the desire to drink anything but water & my coffee of a morning.

Just finished a new book by one of my favorite authors, Melissa Foster. Having a book blog, I get ARC (Advanced Reader Copies) before the books are for sale, and this one was great!! All of her books are great but this one was extra steamy! It's called Wild Boys After Dark: Logan's book.. And wow!! I updated my Goodreads & I found out I'm about 56 books behind my goal of 150 read this year, so I don't think I'll make that. There are only 55 days left in this year so that would be one book a day + 1 book.. Worth a shot at getting there, but I really don't think it'll happen. It all depends on how many car trips we take lol. I always take my Kindle with me in the car, so I can read while hubby is driving! 

Off to work on this scarf a little bit until Hubby gets home & the boys also get home so we can go do some running around & so I can get a few last minute things I will need for tomorrow. 

Cross your fingers y'all... That I get some new business tomorrow :D

Good morning and Happy Friday ladies! I haven't gotten much done the last few days, but I haven't been feeling that good the last few days either. No fever, just sinuses and now a bit of a sore throat Hopefully it stops soon

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend! s for all

Hope you start feeling better soon!  :hug

Good afternoon everyone. Hope you all are having a good one. Because I am. I had a mammogram done this morning. Everything turned out just fine. I got home at 12 noon.  Just wanted to share with you all. Its a happy day.   Love Arlene

Yay!!!  :yay

Long & busy day ahead of me tomorrow. I have an Event in Independence MO for my It Works business so I hope that goes awesomely and I get some new business & maybe even a new distributor or 2! I am on my way to making $2000+ a month, so once I get all my numbers right & get to "DIAMOND" status, we can sign my husband up to sell under me also! Super exciting I love that I finally started sellng something that I love and that is actually working for me! I also love that the products are all natural and have helped me lose weight! It's also helped me cut out 95% of soda that I was drinking. There are some days where I just NEED a pepsi. (Okay not really but I really want one LOL!) Most days though, I don't have the desire to drink anything but water & my coffee of a morning.

Just finished a new book by one of my favorite authors, Melissa Foster. Having a book blog, I get ARC (Advanced Reader Copies) before the books are for sale, and this one was great!! All of her books are great but this one was extra steamy! It's called Wild Boys After Dark: Logan's book.. And wow!! I updated my Goodreads & I found out I'm about 56 books behind my goal of 150 read this year, so I don't think I'll make that. There are only 55 days left in this year so that would be one book a day + 1 book.. Worth a shot at getting there, but I really don't think it'll happen. It all depends on how many car trips we take lol. I always take my Kindle with me in the car, so I can read while hubby is driving! 

Off to work on this scarf a little bit until Hubby gets home & the boys also get home so we can go do some running around & so I can get a few last minute things I will need for tomorrow. 

Cross your fingers y'all... That I get some new business tomorrow

Good luck at your event!! And oooh a steamy book! I might have to check that out!  :D

Hi all. Just checking in. I'm officially sick :( dr said its a sinus infection and bronchitis:( and I feel awful.

Oh no!! I'm so sorry! Sinus infections are the worst! Get lots of rest and stay hydrated. I hope you feel better quickly!  :hug

Not much to report today... DH and I ran some errands, post office and Costco and that sort of thing, not exciting. And on my finished Thing for the stocking swap, I decided it needed a little extra oomph, so I added something to it. Now I'm really excited about it!! I can't wait to post it in Show & Tell!  :manyheart

Tomorrow we have to make a trip to the grocery store and I'll be working on the stocking. I started one and don't like it, so I'll pull it out and start over when I have the energy tomorrow. I'll check back in tomorrow night! Hope everyone has a good weekend! 

Hello everyone. How y'all doing today?

No nap, real tired, listening to the Cowboys game against the Horned Frogs (really? what a weird name) and feeling 15 kinds of frustration and anxiety today. Not sure why (and yes, the Pokes are ahead so not that) but I just hate that feeling. Can't seem to shake it. 20 things should be doing but just bleh...

I need to work on my stocking stuffer swap, scarves for Chase the Chill Oklahoma, squares, tried to organize extra bedroom/craft room but there's just too much stuff and not enough places to store. lol I have a ton of yarn ends, not really enough to do much with but just overwhelmed with them. My mom said make a multi colored scarf. I don't know. still bleh. lol 

oh well, tomorrow's a new day. Hope you all enjoy the weekend. hugs

Hi all. Just checking in. I'm officially sick :( dr said its a sinus infection and bronchitis:( and I feel awful.

aw big hug to all those in need of healing, and feeling better soon, and congats to snowbear, a good report for sure, and goodluck to jelssicali at her event, and all others feeling blah, so sorry!! I DIDN'T get too much done today, for a saturday, used to be i could whir around the house for a couple hours, and all would be done, lol don't know if Im slower now, or messier, ha ha ha..

just dusted the living room, the only thing i didn't dust this am, so all is done and good for another week or so, ha ha..

Jessica, you are a nov bday, aren't you, cause i found some squares I made for you in your colors, in Sept, so  I will be sure to send them along sometime early next week, ok.... pink grey and or white, 6 inch, right?? 

Sopo also found one 12 " all completed, in blues, when you were doing your ocean colors, do you still want 12 in shades of blue, cause if so, I will mail that  out with Jeddica's,okie dokie.....wellnot with, but at the same time, lol

other than that, i have Dec squares all ready to go out come Dec, and then i think '

we'll start over in January, and go over the list one more time, please make sure you check your info on the first post, and make sure I am current on the prefs and also, do I have your current addy for sure, if you have moved, or something, be sure to let me know,thanks.....well, nothing more to share rightn now, been sort of a lay back day around here....talk to you all later, have a good weekend!!!

Jessica, you are a nov bday, aren't you, cause i found some squares I made for you in your colors, in Sept, so  I will be sure to send them along sometime early next week, ok.... pink grey and or white, 6 inch, right?? 

I think you had said previously you were going to put me down for December. THINK being the operative word lol. Pink, Grey or White 6" correct. Prefer Solid Colored squares :D

Hi everyone!

Just catching up...  I have been reading the posts but just a little overwhelmed to try to make too many posts..

Immafreak and Katiebug - I hope ya'll get to feeling better soon!

Nice to be inspired by the other swappers on here,, that is helping me to get the Christmas Spirit .. just a little apprehensive if I'm going to put the right things in because I've never done this kind of swap..

We brought my FIL home from the hospital to his house Wednesday as he wanted... He passed away yesterday morning and we will have his funeral service tomorrow at 3:00.. Not looking forward to this.. and just ready to get back to somewhat normal life... house has been full all weekend and some of the folks are tensious... I have to bite my tongue ALOT!! :reyes

But he sure will be missed... the best FIL...

Anyway I hope everyone has a nice day tomorrow!

Hello all!

I spent yesterday at my youngest daughter's house, first to help set up for a party and then to enjoy the party. The party was a housewarming and gender reaveal so now I can finally tell a big secret that I've been keeping since August. My youngest daughter and her husband are expecting their first baby in April!  They are having a girl and we are all so excitied!  :yay  This will be my third grandchild and they are sooooo much fun.

Today I had planned to go to church and then go help my daughter clean up from yesterday since I left before the party ended. However, my stomach had other plans and I'm not venturing far from the bathroom. I feel ok but plan to stay home, rest and drink lots of fluids, I think it may be a combination of excitment, being tired and something I ate. I've already started sewing and crocheting for the baby so I will work on some smocking for a romper today.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Cshort, hope you get to feeling better and all the others not 100% as well.

Hershey, I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers to get through this tough times.

Katie, that would be wonderful. Thank you!

If y'all could say a prayer for my dad I'd appreciate it. He messed his back up when I was about 12 and during 2nd surgery, the dr slipped and almost cut his spinal cord in two. He's been in so much pain all these years but a few years ago, it go to the point he couldn't stand it anymore. He had 2 more surgeries in which that dr was shocked at the shape his back was in, he didn't believe it. Well, he installed hardware in his back and dad got some relief until lately, it started hurting again. He has a very bad bulging disc above the hardware and another surgery is scheduled tentatively for the 16th. He's in such pain he can barely walk and mom had to move him downstairs today as he can't make it up and down them now. Thank you all. 

I have a lady wanting me to make a romper, sweater and ugg boots for a Waldorf doll. I have a pic of what she wants but can't find a pattern. What is the best way to find it? Any ideas? 

Here's to a good week for us all. 

aw big hug to all those in need of healing, and feeling better soon, and congats to snowbear, a good report for sure, and goodluck to jelssicali at her event, and all others feeling blah, so sorry!! I DIDN'T get too much done today, for a saturday, used to be i could whir around the house for a couple hours, and all would be done, lol don't know if Im slower now, or messier, ha ha ha..

just dusted the living room, the only thing i didn't dust this am, so all is done and good for another week or so, ha ha..

Sopo also found one 12 " all completed, in blues, when you were doing your ocean colors, do you still want 12 in shades of blue, cause if so, I will mail that  out with Jeddica's,okie dokie.....wellnot with, but at the same time, lol

other than that, i have Dec squares all ready to go out come Dec, and then i think '

we'll start over in January, and go over the list one more time, please make sure you check your info on the first post, and make sure I am current on the prefs and also, do I have your current addy for sure, if you have moved, or something, be sure to let me know,thanks.....well, nothing more to share rightn now, been sort of a lay back day around here....talk to you all later, have a good weekend!!!

Sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you feel better soon.  :hug Love Arlene

post-62818-0-95200700-1447021285_thumb.jpgpost-62818-0-79140100-1447021048_thumb.jpgpost-62818-0-52761200-1447021071_thumb.jpgpost-62818-0-54949300-1447021101_thumb.jpgpost-62818-0-50135800-1447021119_thumb.jpgpost-62818-0-15460100-1447021239_thumb.jpgpost-62818-0-13331600-1447021255_thumb.jpg

Hey ya'll I just wanted to share what squares I have. Since I finally know how post pictures. Thanks to you all. Thanks for the squares. I am going to put them together one day. Hopefully collect enough for a friendgran afghan.

post-62818-0-58562800-1447021160_thumb.jpg

post-62818-0-46896400-1447021179_thumb.jpg

Hi ladies! I hope those that are under the weather are feeling better!  :hug  I had a day of baking with a friend of mine yesterday, went really well and I'm trying not to eat any of it. LOL  :P  My hands are pretty swollen tonight so I'm trying to lay off the hook, lol, but I want to crochet!!! lol Hope you've all had a great weekend! 

Hello everyone...

Just trying to DO something today! I am wiped out with no mojo after this weekend..but we will be back in groove before long I am sure. I did manage to get more done on the stocking for the swap this morning. Thank you sopo  and others for your prayers and well wishes!!

cshort -- I sure hope you are over that nasty stomachbug!! :yuck

sopo -- praying for your dad's back and that the upcoming surgery will be successful and give him more ease and mobility...

snowbear -- what beautiful squares you got!! :yes 

JustAddGlitter -- hope your hands get to feeling better.. I know how hard that can be..

Happy Crocheting !

I think you had said previously you were going to put me down for December. THINK being the operative word lol. Pink, Grey or White 6" correct. Prefer Solid Colored squares :D

ok, do nyou want me to wait till Dec then, i think they are solids, well a majority of them are.the ones I can remember, lol . They will then go out in Dec, lol, or late NOv..........h e he he..

attachicon.gifYarnscrapper,2015.JPGattachicon.gifMs. Ann.JPGattachicon.gifNikki's squares.JPGattachicon.gifMaggie's squares,2015.JPGattachicon.gifKatie's squares.JPGattachicon.gifBrenda's squares.JPGattachicon.gifCarol's square's 2015.JPG

Hey ya'll I just wanted to share what squares I have. Since I finally know how post pictures. Thanks to you all. Thanks for the squares. I am going to put them together one day. Hopefully collect enough for a friendgran afghan.

love them all, what size are you colecting again arlene???

Thanks Katie. Love ya. :)

wow arlene, i don't know if im happiest about your lovely squares, or the fact that you learned how to post pics!!! Both deserve a WELL DONE you are just full of good news this week@@@@@@@@@

hi hearshey,, good to see  you posting, we are gluttons for two things here, ok three,

Pix, posts, and squares, ha hah a.. oh not to mention first and foermost Yarn of couse, that goesw ithout sayiing.

Got a load of whites washin, didn't reallyl hae enough for a load, so went around gahtered up anything to wash, that bleach won't hurt, and got enough for a load, i hear the washer stopped, so next the dryer, and then, all that folding of small stuff, sigh,,, i would rather fold the big towels load, then the small white loads with hankercheifs,underwear, cleaning towels and rags, white sox, etc. lol

Nothing much more going on around here today, just a quiet, sunny but cool day, good day to stay in and do nothing I don't want to do, that usually doesn't work out for me, and being idle,is boring, lol,,,,,,,SOI  will find something to do, take all, and to all those not feeling well, or nursing injuries of some sort,      HUGS!!

i will no doubtbe back later!!

Hi ladies! I hope those that are under the weather are feeling better!  :hug  I had a day of baking with a friend of mine yesterday, went really well and I'm trying not to eat any of it. LOL  :P  My hands are pretty swollen tonight so I'm trying to lay off the hook, lol, but I want to crochet!!! lol Hope you've all had a great weekend! 

I hope your hands are better.

Hello everyone...

Just trying to DO something today! I am wiped out with no mojo after this weekend..but we will be back in groove before long I am sure. I did manage to get more done on the stocking for the swap this morning. Thank you sopo  and others for your prayers and well wishes!!

cshort -- I sure hope you are over that nasty stomachbug!! :yuck

sopo -- praying for your dad's back and that the upcoming surgery will be successful and give him more ease and mobility...

snowbear -- what beautiful squares you got!! :yes 

JustAddGlitter -- hope your hands get to feeling better.. I know how hard that can be..

Happy Crocheting !

I hope you get your mojo back.

It was back to work for me today. My stomach seems to be ok but I had been living on toast, crackers and rice until a few minutes ago, I just ate some chicken tenders with rice and beans and it tasted soooo good. Not much else going on here. Have a good evening.

Archived