Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I'm doing ok I guess. Struggling with some serious downs from time to time but nothing that won't resolve itself. Seems like the further along I get the harder it is to deal without my medicine. Nothing life altering or threatening, just slight depression and sudden onset anxiety. But, I cry it out, and "pull up my big girl panties " and get on with my life.

I've been trying to crochet but nothing seems to look right so I just put it down and leave it. Eventually something I do will look right and will actually get finished.

There's a lot of big girl panties being pulled up around here, I think. I'm a big advocate of crying it out. Sometimes it just makes you feel better to give into it and it makes it easier to yank those puppies up and go on with what needs to be done!  :hug A lot of us in here have hit a yarny rut, so we're very familiar! You'll get your mojo back soon enough. We're all thinking about you!  :hug

oh gosh, started that last week, ha ha, as I have a great collection of them, so have to start early, lol, seriously, i only do the ones I use most often, but that in itself, seems like a lot, lol   

Katie, I thought about you when I changed our 4 clocks!  :lol  I had a feeling you'd started it a while ago and may even be still working on it. I do need to change the clock over the mantle, but that requires climbing behind the loveseat (since we can't use the fireplace, the loveseat sits in front) and up onto the little stoop thing of the fireplace. I'll get the gumption one of these days! 

Today we had lunch at the food court in the mall, made a trip to Barnes & Noble and then headed to Walmart to get a couple things we can't get at the usual grocery store. One of those things is my coffee creamer and now apparently Walmart doesn't even carry it anymore.  :cry I was so upset! I know it's a silly thing but man, I loved that creamer! I guess I need to find me a new flavor now. 

Tomorrow I need to run to Michaels or somewhere and get some white yarn. I was working on a stuffer for the stocking swap and ran out. I knew it was coming, I just wasn't expecting it so soon. I should've gotten it at Walmart but it never crossed my mind. And I need to finish up a little thing for the wish lists. I'm really excited about it, I just hope it works like I think it is! 

Okay, I'm off for the night. Time to get to bed so I can maybe consider getting a thing or two done tomorrow! I hope everyone had a good Monday!  :)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Justaddglitter, that is some ghan, I am so happy for you, being that close to assembly!!!!!! I hope you're doing another one, lol, as we want you to stick around for more squares!!! that is really brigh, and will cheer up any one that gets it!! wow, so pretty, i love all the colors!! you could really use about any color that is in the ghan, or a contasting one for interest, anyway you put it together, will be wonderful, trust me!! i hope to see another pic, when completed. FOr me, the hard part is not really in the making, or the ends, or the layout, it's 

dum dum dum,,,,, the border......sigh....but i work through it, one stitch at a time, and pretty soon, wala, tis ready for it's new owner!!!

Thanks! Yes, I think in the new year I'll get started on some more squares so I can hang around! lol Thanks for the input, we'll see what happens!  :yes

Other than emotions I'm doing really good. I'm 20 weeks tomorrow, so half way there ! Due date is March 24th. And she's a little girl :) Her name is Jade Emaline :) I go on the 10th for my 20week ultrasound and they should be able to tell me about how big she is.

Wow there has been a lot of chatting here the past couple of days and I haven't caught up with all of it. 

Katie, I'm fine with biggest square or birthday squares or any other wonderful idea that you come up with.

My body hasn't adjusted to the time change yet and I feel like I've been walking in my sleep. I'm hoping to finish weaving the ends on my grandson's afghan tonight. Not much else going on here.

Hello everyone!

I am super exhausted and not feeling well myself at all today so I am going to bed in the next little bit.. Thank you for all the prayers and I must say this place really sure helps a gal not to feel so alone.... My FIL's kidneys are surely failing now so,,, we are just getting through it...

Thank you Brenda and others for explaining the squares exchanges and yes I think I do want to join in this year!

ImmaFreak == so sorry about the down feelings... for sure!! But you hang in there!!! And I Love the name you have picked for your little girl!! She will be worth it all!!

JustAddGlitter -- those are some pretty squares and going to be a beauty when finished! I couldn't decide if I thought it might be better with an off=white border or a black border....

ImmaFreek hope you feel better. How much further do you have to go? What are you having boy or girl or maybe both? LOL I always wanted twins but never got them. I can wish them on everyone else. But it hasn't happened yet. I do hope and pray it will be over soon. Take care of yourself.

I have always wanted twins also. Never happened with me either & it won't unless we decide to adopt later on! 

Other than emotions I'm doing really good. I'm 20 weeks tomorrow, so half way there ! Due date is March 24th. And she's a little girl :) Her name is Jade Emaline :) I go on the 10th for my 20week ultrasound and they should be able to tell me about how big she is.

Aww! Girls are so much fun! My girl was born in March too, the 31st, which is our wedding anniversary & also was Easter that year!

We went to the World Series parade today.. Talk about CRAZY! Over 500,000 people were in attendance. I was so afraid of how people would act with my boys and stuff, but surprisingly, everyone was really nice. We stuck Connor up a tree so he could see, but once it started, Michael ended up not being able to see either, so he went up the tree and Connor went on his dads shoulders. Rosalie fell asleep, but to be able to be there was awesome! Got to see all the players fairly close up, got to see the awesome TROPHY! Memory we will remember forever!

Carol, Linda, how are you both??? and Viking, if you are lurking out there somewhere, please come in and visit us, we miss you, and your cute stories about little viking!!!!! how old is he now, it he is school, i think that he might be, but don't know what grade.  ...

doing fine,just chillin a bit

We went to the World Series parade today.. Talk about CRAZY! Over 500,000 people were in attendance. I was so afraid of how people would act with my boys and stuff, but surprisingly, everyone was really nice. We stuck Connor up a tree so he could see, but once it started, Michael ended up not being able to see either, so he went up the tree and Connor went on his dads shoulders. Rosalie fell asleep, but to be able to be there was awesome! Got to see all the players fairly close up, got to see the awesome TROPHY! Memory we will remember forever!

I wondered if you went.   It was a beautiful day for it.  It's not always so nice this time of year.  How long did you wait in your spot and how far did you have to hike in from where you parked?   At one point I have heard 800 000 people.  We watched it on tv.  dh actually works in the area where they held the rally and was scheduled off today.  For a brief moment he thought about going in and going to it.  He normally parks his car at a park and ride and then buses on downtown.  They were changing the bus schedule and stops around and he was afraid of being stranded downtown.  He could have driven in and easily parked as their parking lot is gated for the employees only and it would have been a short walk over to the rally area but  decided he would be able to see it better on tv.   It was incredible when they showed  the aerial  shots on tv you could see that the area was absolutely filled with people.  Then they showed people parking in the medians and  on highway ramps.  And so far from what I have heard there really hasn't been any incidents---fights, fires, etc.  I remember 30 years ago when they had the parade I was at work (hospital just blocks from the stadium) and didn't even get to see it on tv.   I don't do being in crowds so well anymore and I just can't imagine being in the middle of so many people.  . 

I wondered if you went.   It was a beautiful day for it.  It's not always so nice this time of year.  How long did you wait in your spot and how far did you have to hike in from where you parked?   At one point I have heard 800 000 people.  We watched it on tv.  dh actually works in the area where they held the rally and was scheduled off today.  For a brief moment he thought about going in and going to it.  He normally parks his car at a park and ride and then buses on downtown.  They were changing the bus schedule and stops around and he was afraid of being stranded downtown.  He could have driven in and easily parked as their parking lot is gated for the employees only and it would have been a short walk over to the rally area but  decided he would be able to see it better on tv.   It was incredible when they showed  the aerial  shots on tv you could see that the area was absolutely filled with people.  Then they showed people parking in the medians and  on highway ramps.  And so far from what I have heard there really hasn't been any incidents---fights, fires, etc.  I remember 30 years ago when they had the parade I was at work (hospital just blocks from the stadium) and didn't even get to see it on tv.   I don't do being in crowds so well anymore and I just can't imagine being in the middle of so many people.  . 

We parked just south of 24 highway, between Admiral & 24th (I think. I don't know roads too well lol) and walked to 9th & grand by the courthouse. It wasn't a horrible walk. We left our house at 10, got there around 11 (in our spot) and honestly, the worst thing was the traffic. As we were leaving, we were heading for 70 on the Paseo, and a lady's brakes went out in her car & she cut the wheel really hard & slid into the car 3 cars in front of us. I'm not sure how but somehow she managed to get out of her vehicle (my guess is she wasn't wearing a seat belt) and had to chase her car down, that had her 3 kids in it.

Overall, it was a great experience that my boys for sure won't ever forget. Here's my Album on facebook if you want to look at any of the pictures. They aren't great, because we weren't close, but it was FUN! 

What a beautiful name! March 24 is a good day, I think. My birthday is the 21st, so I'm biased.  :)

That would be an awesome thing to see! I saw like Brenda that there were 800,000 people there! I can't even imagine being in that crowd or dealing with that traffic. The aerial pictures were amazing! 

I didn't get into much today, just ran out for the white yarn I needed to replace and one other thing for my swap partner and I've been working on The Thing for the swap all evening. I really need someone to explain to me why they attach buttons to the cards with those little metal fasteners. I think I'm going to have to get the needle nose pliers out to make them come off there.  :ohdear That will have to wait till tomorrow. I'm done for tonight!  :yes

Tomorrow Peanut has an appointment with the pediatrician for some shots he's behind on. It took Sister some time to get his Medicaid straight so now he's got to get caught up. Poor kid. I'll go with them so he has somebody to hug on when Mom makes him get those awful things.  :lol I hate hearing him scream like that, but I don't mind when he reaches for me because Mom did a bad thing! Lol 

Off to bed now so I can get up early for the appointment. I'd almost forgotten I needed to be up early so good thing I remembered! I'll talk to you all tomorrow!  :)

Yay! Girls are fun! Although I have no way to compare...I had 2 girls and then we stopped. lol I hope lil Miss Jade takes it easy on her mommy!  :yes

We're finishing up school and then it's off to ballet! I drive so much, I should really start charging by the mile.  ;)

Hi ladies! Wow! So much to catch up on, and I had witty responses to a few of them...and then forgot! That figures: lol

Thus far, I have ImmaFreek's surprise done, one for another friend, and still need to make 3 more! (I know 5 people having babies!) This is crazy!

Aside from that, I have a couple WIPs going. Only 1 big one, thank goodness :) Right now, I'm taking a break from yarning, and waiting for the gas company to show up. They came by yesterday and weren't paying attention I guess, and shut off our gas instead of one of the neighbors. Go figure.

So yeah...lol I hope we are all ok or on the mend! :hug s all and i shall see you soon!

Hi ladies!! It has been awhile since I have been on Crochetville!!.  I have been very busy the last month or so, but I really don't know what I have been so busy with!!

I have been trying to sew a little bit...I made a black pencil skirt and it was a "skirt fail"...LOL. One, it was too small; two, I scorched the fabric with too hot of an iron; and three, The fabric raveled by the zipper and there is a 'hole' in the seam. Too funny for words. But it was good practice. Now it's a dress for me, but I don't think it will fit either. HAHA

Katie, I like the biggest square method.

Gotta go back to work. TTYL

hello fellow squares, busy times, parades, and such, my goodness, i Know why Omaha has a soft spot foreKC Royals, as it was explained to me, we have the minor leage of the kc Royals here, where the boys pretty much get sharpened up to move on to your Royals, now as i understand it, our Omahs Royals, have since changed thier name to the StormChasers now, but i remember seeing them play a few years ago, here at our stadium, but now they have thier Own Stadium here, and they are the storm chasers, but we have that connection still, iguess, as a lot of the boys start out, and or shapen up in the minors, before moving on up to the majors..

With that said, lol, we watched on tv too, it was great, all those dang people, so many people! glad it turned out nice Jessican, and the boys, what a treat for them, huh!!!

Im not used to this time thing either, blah, hate it getting dark outat 5 or so...

made me laugh, the pencil skirt, lol what a shame thouh, keep trying yarnscrapper!!

Lacy that is a lovely name for the new baby girl, i too have nothing to compare boys to girls, but i enjoyed having a girl, i am afraid, if i had a boy, i would have been lost in many ways, lol as i don'teven know what boys playwith these days!!

My daughter did all the girly things, barbies, legos, lite bright, and video games, where the mayor  on the game once threw her out of town, as her job was to light the light house every morning, 700 am     (REAL TIME TOO) and she missed it one day, so he threw her out of town......She made a come back, im told and played to OWN that town, and the first thing she did,,,,,,,, was fire that mayor!! lol

working away, got my donation all boxed, forget to get pics, and not gonn get it all out again, lol but there was quite a bit there, lol..

hats and scaves, some gloves, some booties, some fingerless gloves, then I added in some things like bars of soap, mini toothpaste, and things i could find at the 99 cent bin at walmart, and it was a good donation, oh besides some flannel shirtts handman did not wear anymore, and some slippers, and stuff like that.      

Ill be back maybe later, got a couple more things to say, lol...

everyone that wants to do the birthday thing again, has won out, so i will aski you all to re confirm addys, and prefereces with me before Dec, thanks...........

Hello everyone.

I finally finished the Lego afghans last night, they took longer than I expected but the grandkids love them so it was worth it. This is the link to the afghan post http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/155709-lego-afghans/

Tonight I am starting a new sewing project which hopefully won't take too long. I also have a round ripple afghan in progress.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful evening.

Hello everyone.

I finally finished the Lego afghans last night, they took longer than I expected but the grandkids love them so it was worth it. This is the link to the afghan post http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/155709-lego-afghans/

Tonight I am starting a new sewing project which hopefully won't take too long. I also have a round ripple afghan in progress.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful evening.

carol, both of those are just so cute, i love the grandaughters all colors one, and the blue/green, how boyish, bet they do love them!!

until a yr or two ago,Norfolk had a farm team for the Mets, then the franchise was sold to Baltimore now its,a oriole farm team,and Jimmy just doesn't understand why I don't go to any more games ha ha not my team, Bud

Welp, this morning I woke up to ants around my refrigerator door. ANTS. REFRIGERATOR. DOOR.  :yuck  :rant  :tryme  :cry  Yuck gross die yuck kill gross yuck! 

It is FALL when bugs are suppose to go off and die somewhere and then rise again to torture me in the spring. I demand my bug-free season!!! 

Okay, deep breath...lol. I'm going back out there and am determined to have a great day! Hope you all have great days too!  :D  :ghug

Ants are horrid. I go feed my 2 horses  and the other day, I found red ants crawling on me when I drove off. YUCK. A few days later, daughter went with me, and then we went to eat. She screamed and was hitting her chest, one had bit her. I gave her a time teasing her. 2 days later we go feed again and are driving off and one bit me twice on the hip. Not so funny then. Still welped a week later and hurting. 

I am reading just not replying much. Too much to do and never enough time or especially energy. And on top of it, I've just started a chapter of Chase the Chill here in OK. It's a project most people work on all year making scarves to tie around trees in winter for homeless and here it is November and me just finding it. I've put the word out on facebook to get others to pitch in and it's had a good response. Our police say we don't have homeless here, just transients because of the bus, train and interstate but in my mom's town, there are quite a lot so I've been trying different scarf patterns trying to find the fastest so I can get some worked up. 3 so far and I keep thinking, that sure isn't much but I guess that's 3 people that will be warmer this winter. 

Well, sever storms heading this way so need to do chores before it hits. Y'all have a good one. 

Ants are horrid. I go feed my 2 horses  and the other day, I found red ants crawling on me when I drove off. YUCK. A few days later, daughter went with me, and then we went to eat. She screamed and was hitting her chest, one had bit her. I gave her a time teasing her. 2 days later we go feed again and are driving off and one bit me twice on the hip. Not so funny then. Still welped a week later and hurting. 

I am reading just not replying much. Too much to do and never enough time or especially energy. And on top of it, I've just started a chapter of Chase the Chill here in OK. It's a project most people work on all year making scarves to tie around trees in winter for homeless and here it is November and me just finding it. I've put the word out on facebook to get others to pitch in and it's had a good response. Our police say we don't have homeless here, just transients because of the bus, train and interstate but in my mom's town, there are quite a lot so I've been trying different scarf patterns trying to find the fastest so I can get some worked up. 3 so far and I keep thinking, that sure isn't much but I guess that's 3 people that will be warmer this winter. 

Well, sever storms heading this way so need to do chores before it hits. Y'all have a good one. 

We have storms heading this way too. 

Hope everyone's having a good day! I got an order through Etsy yesterday & I swear that was the fastest hat I've ever made! Just got to make the scarf to match then I can mail it to KY! I love that I'm able to make $ with what I love doing - x3! I blog, crochet & sell some of my favorite products & I love them. 

Red ants suck. I had one bite me on the foot while we were at Peace River in Arcadia Florida over the summer looking for sharks teeth & gators, and I have scar now :( 

hi all, i have \battle3 those teeny tiny little black ants, best thing i found to get rid of them at first sight of one, iis

t Terra or Terre, anyway, you put some down it's like a getl, mine came i n a squeezy bottle, but they come with the spots of cardboard or whatever, that you use to put the gel on, i just cut up a ziploc inro small slquares and put it on that, then leave them a couple places like around the under sink area, top of the cupboard, window sill, and they eat it and take it back to their nest, and the colony totally dies, no more ants, i love it, you never see them again, after you put it down, mine usually came first sign of spring, and warmer weather.. I do it every srping, and never have seen another tiny ant around. I think i got it at walmart....

ive heard abou fire ants, but we so far don't have them here, so good for that huh..

Hi Carol..

Ihear that Linda!

be safe to those in those storms way, gonna get quite a bit or rain I think it said.......all for now, more later!!!!

Hi ladies! Just a quick check in since I'm on the tablet. Typing on this thing is slow going and the forum doesn't always cooperate with it the way I'd like.

Katie we've used that ant stuff too and it works real well. We only had one time where they just kept coming so I had to get the caulk gun out and seal some holes around a kitchen window. We just have black ants though thank goodness. Dad has fire ants and they are nasty creatures! He gets big hills in the yard that he has to bust open and pour poison into. He showed me when we were visiting last time and it gave me the heebies!

Nothing to report today except I finished The Thing for the stocking swap so now I'm going to start the actual stocking. I can't wait to show what I finished, though, because it's so stinking cute!

Okay off for now because my fingers are cramping trying to type on this thing! Lol I hope everyone has a good Friday!

Archived