Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

tis that flu season I guess, hope all that is ill ,feel better soon, and recover completely!   still not much going on here,had supper, cleaned up supper,folded those small load things, all is well on this side of the planet  iguess,... Handyman layed the sheet he uses to cover the peppers, over the two bar high back bar stools, and Maxie thinks that is such a cool fort, right no,w he has about 9 toys stashed inside his "fort," he has had more fun with that sheet being his secret place, hate when he has to uise it again in another night or two, for a couple frost possibilities,then after htis week, the peppers wil ljust  tget picked, but we kept them growing, for a few more days of sunshine anyway..     

dancing is on in a few,i "l lprobably watch that,and then shower, and then lay down, cover up and flip cfhannels,tilli  i drift off to sleep.....Im sure handyman will beat me doing that, lol

I am night time shower-er. i do take a  shower though, now and then in the morning, but that is usualy handyman's time,he is a morning shower-er. and sometimes, i take a  shower at odd times of the day too, lol just so you know!!

so really wish there is something I could do for you sickies out there, maybe  a bowl of hot chiciken and rice souip, (recipe from a grandma I met once) she had the best soup ever.... or some hot tea,or hot coco,  a heating pad, some crackers with that soup, turn the tv down, and lean back on those overstuffed pillows,  Kleenex at your side, and just        sigh,,,,,,,,,,,and rest.......fix you right up...I would!!! . I would even lend you my little gold bell, for when you needed another blankee, or your pillows fluffed, too.

well on those pleasant thoughts, everyone feel better, ok, do as the doctor reccomends, and finish that soup!! he he he :ghug

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!

Just catching up...  I have been reading the posts but just a little overwhelmed to try to make too many posts..

Immafreak and Katiebug - I hope ya'll get to feeling better soon!

Nice to be inspired by the other swappers on here,, that is helping me to get the Christmas Spirit .. just a little apprehensive if I'm going to put the right things in because I've never done this kind of swap..

We brought my FIL home from the hospital to his house Wednesday as he wanted... He passed away yesterday morning and we will have his funeral service tomorrow at 3:00.. Not looking forward to this.. and just ready to get back to somewhat normal life... house has been full all weekend and some of the folks are tensious... I have to bite my tongue ALOT!! :reyes

But he sure will be missed... the best FIL...

Anyway I hope everyone has a nice day tomorrow!

Oh Hershey, I'm so sorry. I'm glad you got to bring him home like he wanted, though. I know that meant the world to him.  :hug

Hello all!

I spent yesterday at my youngest daughter's house, first to help set up for a party and then to enjoy the party. The party was a housewarming and gender reaveal so now I can finally tell a big secret that I've been keeping since August. My youngest daughter and her husband are expecting their first baby in April!  They are having a girl and we are all so excitied!  :yay  This will be my third grandchild and they are sooooo much fun.

Today I had planned to go to church and then go help my daughter clean up from yesterday since I left before the party ended. However, my stomach had other plans and I'm not venturing far from the bathroom. I feel ok but plan to stay home, rest and drink lots of fluids, I think it may be a combination of excitment, being tired and something I ate. I've already started sewing and crocheting for the baby so I will work on some smocking for a romper today.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Yay!!!!!  :yay  :hug More babies for our group!! 

Cshort, hope you get to feeling better and all the others not 100% as well.

Hershey, I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers to get through this tough times.

Katie, that would be wonderful. Thank you!

If y'all could say a prayer for my dad I'd appreciate it. He messed his back up when I was about 12 and during 2nd surgery, the dr slipped and almost cut his spinal cord in two. He's been in so much pain all these years but a few years ago, it go to the point he couldn't stand it anymore. He had 2 more surgeries in which that dr was shocked at the shape his back was in, he didn't believe it. Well, he installed hardware in his back and dad got some relief until lately, it started hurting again. He has a very bad bulging disc above the hardware and another surgery is scheduled tentatively for the 16th. He's in such pain he can barely walk and mom had to move him downstairs today as he can't make it up and down them now. Thank you all. 

I have a lady wanting me to make a romper, sweater and ugg boots for a Waldorf doll. I have a pic of what she wants but can't find a pattern. What is the best way to find it? Any ideas? 

Here's to a good week for us all. 

I had to Google a Waldorf doll and apparently they're 16" dolls? Which apparently seems to be an odd size for doll clothes... I found several Pinterest boards, but they all seem to be knit. Could you maybe take American Girl patterns and make them smaller? I think they're 18" dolls... I know that's hard without having the doll in hand to measure...  :think

attachicon.gifYarnscrapper,2015.JPGattachicon.gifMs. Ann.JPGattachicon.gifNikki's squares.JPGattachicon.gifMaggie's squares,2015.JPGattachicon.gifKatie's squares.JPGattachicon.gifBrenda's squares.JPGattachicon.gifCarol's square's 2015.JPG

Hey ya'll I just wanted to share what squares I have. Since I finally know how post pictures. Thanks to you all. Thanks for the squares. I am going to put them together one day. Hopefully collect enough for a friendgran afghan.

Those are lovely! I'm glad you figured out how to post pictures.  :)

Hi ladies! I hope those that are under the weather are feeling better!   I had a day of baking with a friend of mine yesterday, went really well and I'm trying not to eat any of it. LOL   My hands are pretty swollen tonight so I'm trying to lay off the hook, lol, but I want to crochet!!! lol Hope you've all had a great weekend! 

That's why I don't bake- I'll eat it all!!  :yes I hope your hands are doing better today! 

Not much to report here today. I was working on a Wish List thing and bought buttons last trip to Joann's. Well I guess I pulled the yarn out and trashed the bag without realizing the buttons were still in the bottom because I went to get them and use them and they've disappeared. So emergency trip to Joann's before the post office and they had run out of those particular buttons. Bought some different ones and off the package went. Sheesh. I guess I wasn't meant to use those particular ones! 

Last night I finished the stocking for the swap and today I've been working on Thing #2. I'm loving this swap! The $10 limit is really making me get creative! So far so good though! 

Tomorrow is another day with Sister and Peanut, a trip to Walmart and Dollar Tree mainly, and most importantly those Peanut snuggles. Sister has a picture of us up on the wall and she said yesterday evening he was staring at the picture. She said "do you see Tee Tee?" He laughed and smiled and nodded his head, came to her, grabbed her hand and pulled her to the door.  :manyheart  I love that little boy! 

Okay off to work on Thing #2. Hope everyone had a good Monday!  :)

Sorry I've been MIA girls! I just got internet back and hope to get back into it all! Thanks to all who sent me lovely squares! Love all you girls!

Hi all and Happy Tuesday!

Hershey, I'm so sorry to hear :hug

I'm feeling somewhat better but still coughing and a stuffy nose. Hopefully hat will go away soon. Almost have another project done, but I won't post pics until Sissy has her surprise! I'm itching to tap the attachment button tho!

Hope everyone is feeling well or better! :hug s everyone!

Having teeth pulled is for the birds. I still had 3 wisdom teeth left and they had been giving me some pain lately so I had my cousin (who owns a dentistry) pull them yesterday. I go back next week for a check up on how they're healing and some fillings next Wednesday and have to get an impression for an implant that he's going to let me guinea pig for him (he just got his machines, so I will have to pay what it costs him...) for a tooth that I also had to have removed in the front. Rosalie threw a golf ball the other day, right as I was yawning and it hit my mouth & caused my tooth to break off. THankfully it wasn't painful. 

I woke this morning & Michael (9) informed me that the right side of my face looked "fat" because he didn't know of another word for it. Lol. My face is swollen (my cheek anyways). 

This soft diet though is going to starve me to death. One can only handle so much soup, etc. I made myself a bowl of Tuna Salad, but had to leave out the yummy pickles. So I've got tuna, scrambled eggs, mayo, mustard, salt, and red pepper flakes (I like my spicy food lol). 

KatyAllen, December is perfect for me. Thanks love <3

Hello!

Not much happening here. Work, post office, walmart and now I'm home. I'm planning to do some embroidery tonight and since tomorrow is a holiday and I have the day off I can stitch a little later tonight, if I can stay awake  :lol .  I want to spend tomorrow in my sewing room. Have a great night everyone.

Hope your mouth (and face, lol) are better today, Jessicali! Doing the stocking swap, I was looking through the swaps archive and found a bunch I did. The Ville used to do some major swapping! The boxes we sent around were HUGE. lol Fun times!

It's very quiet here today, everyone must be keeping busy. I've enjoyed the day finishing the embroidery for the baby outfit and I started putting it together. Tomorrow it's back to work and then a quick stop at the mall to pick up a birthday present for my niece. I'm taking Friday off to attend the funeral for my son-in-law's grandfather.

Happy Veterans Day everyone!! Cold and windy here! Winter is on it's way. I made some minestrone soup yesterday. New recipe and it was great!!  Two weeks ago I tried to make some vegetable soup and it was awful !!!! I threw it down the disposal :lol .  I have been very busy with work and no time for hooking or sewing or... :no  But I love my job so no complaints. 

Take care everyone!

Hi all. Im finally starting to feel better, i guess. Im still tired and this cough is driving me bonkers, but its slowly going away. I had my 20 week ultrasound yesterday, and she is definately a little girl :) and quite stubborn. She didnt want to change position so the tech could get the last picture of her heart that she needed, nor could we get a good picture of her face because she kept putting her arms up and hiding from us. But they said all is good and she weighs about 12 ounces and is perfect. I go back in 6 weeks to make sure that the placenta is working properly( because of all the issues in the beginning ) and to make sure she is gaining weight properly, but as of right now everything is great. 

Ive started a rainbow-ish bavarian crochet blanket for baby, hopefully i get more of that done than i did of the sophies universe that i started 3 of and havent finished any of those. :/ 

hello all, hearshey so sorry for your loss....

caol g0tta slow down,let your body recoop, in time, you will feel all ;better

Congrats on the new grand baby too....

got a  few things done today, between lets see, the rain, the hail,the rain, the tornado watch, the tornado warning,rain, and then snow today, oh and did i mention the gale force winds all day and all night tonight, made for quiite interestin day, then after all that, the sun came out for a few minutes@@@@@@@@ talk about a varried weather report, huh.... we went minute to minute there for most of the day, thank goodness though, no volcanic eruptions,or earthquakes.;   knock on wood!!

ooooh, take care jessica, poor baby!!

Triibble welcome back, you were missed.. Are you still in need of some squres>>

KATIEBUG, CAN'T WAIT to see what you made for Immafreak!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh im am gtting tired, lol, so i will sign off for now, so all take care!! have a great day tomorrow!!

Hi all! Just a quick check in tonight. I've got to get to bed early! 

I've been working hard on the stocking swap... I've got Things 1 and 2 done, plus the stocking, had a little trouble with Things 3 and 4 but they're finally done too. Thing 3 I didn't like the way the pattern was written so I had to wing it a little and Thing 4 I was making up completely based on the picture in my head. That only works about half the time for me, but it came out pretty good. One piece I'd do differently if I did it again, but it serves it purpose and still looks nice, so that's all that matters.  :yes

Sister and I ran around yesterday and Peanut was mainly happy to just hang out with me. He tried to carry the carton of milk for Sister and didn't get 2 steps with it before he said "forget that!", put it down and walked off. She's going to have to get him a leash because he doesn't want to hold hands and he doesn't want in the cart and he definitely doesn't want to be held! But those little legs move way faster than ours do, so he needs his independence and to still be kept in check! 

Tomorrow Sister, Peanut, our cousin and I are driving out of town to meet our grandmother, 2 great aunts and another cousin for lunch. DH is staying home. He said that's just too much estrogen for him!  :lol  I can't say I blame him. I'd bow out too if I was him!

Okay I'm headed off to bed so I can get up and get going early. I'll try to check back in tomorrow!  :)

Just stopping in to say hi and Good Morning!! I got behind schedule yesterday on my stocking stuff, since my printer is out of ink until the weekend so my patterns are on my computer and my computer died due to no power for over 7 hours yesterday due to Windpocolypse 2015 lol. We had some crazy high winds (highest recorded was 70mph) It was INSANE! SO Busy Busy Busy today!! I've got a list a mile long to work on! 

Have a good day, I'll stop back in this afternoon/evening!

Thanks for all the well wishes on my mouth. Still a little swollen, he gave me a more powerful numbing stuff so I think that's probably why. Rosalie FINALLY decided she was done nursing... I had said from the beginning when she was born that I would go as long as she wanted but I didn't expect her to go 2 1/2 YEARS... But we're done, and I'm a little sad lol. She's my last baby... so anyways, I think that's why I'm still a little swollen, but the pain is pretty much gone. 

hey you squares,how you alll soing maggi, funny never have anythi9ng new to say either, but i post too!! HopEYOU ARE ALL BETTER, or getting there anyway, sandra, welcome back, hope you difficulities work themselve out soon, we miss you when you don't post too much.....

Immafreak, yeah, i hear that, the sophie's universe looked so interesting,but it came during a slump, and Ill be darned if I could even work up the interst to try one, lol, some other time maybe....but goodluck onyour bavrian,hope that goes quickly for you......

Jessica,getting better we hope, and who else, carol, good for you, made nice use of your day off, huh..

the weather here was windy, rainy, both ith and witheout hail, tornado ey, inot to mention some snow, and then the sunshine for a few minut4es at te end of the day,just reminding us I guess of a few of the weapons MOther Nature has in her arsenol still.........Old BIrd,shewill never yield to the likes of humans,Im afraid.............

Hows iti going wih bgs, yarnmonkey,yarnscrapper, katie bug, tribble, and all those else I am strugging to name,lol 

It was chilly here today, but handyman finallay picked the rest of the pepper crop,so no sheet tonight, he said the ones remaining would probably not have a long enough time anyway to grow bigger, so might as well pick what is there and say goodbye to them, till spring.....

we got so many peppers off those few plants, I couldn.t even count them all, throughout the season, so they  did wonderful...

in other news, a brunch member, her daughter, won some sort of a baking contest, and won and she was awarded 30,000 bux, so that was a nice thing to hear....

im really out of sdtuff to say, so im gonna go and find something to do, hope all is great with all of you, i.llseeya later................

Good morning, all! Thank you for the welcomes! I feel warm and fuzzy!  :manyheart

Linda: I live about 15 minutes from Selden. I've been to Newfield many times for various sporting things. I'm in Miller Place, a block from the Mt Sinai border. 

My husband's family used to live in Mt. Sinai, when he was a kid! They're in Port Jefferson now.

I'm in a crochet funk right now, but I have been getting back into sewing after a 10 year hiatus from it. Fabrics have really changed in that stretch of time  :lol .

I found this most intriguing; what sort of changes would you say you're seeing? I definitely wasn't sewing ten years ago so I don't know what was out there then! :D My sewing machine's foot pedal died, and I basically can barely use it right now (it has an air bulb kind of thing, that I have to poke at to get it to return to starting position every time I stop the machine - made sewing Little Viking's birthday blanket super frustrating!). I ordered a new one from Singer, but it hasn't come yet, and I'm starting to go bonkers. Because of COURSE now all I want to do is sew things!

I've started catching up on posts I missed but I've got a long way to go, and I wanted to check in tonight before my computer kicks me off the internet. Our birthday party went really well! Not quite how I planned... I had a lot more games in the wings (I had deliberately overplanned there anyway), but the kids spent a lot of time just running around. I was bummed out that I missed a great photo op when all of them decided to go up in the same tree at the same time... Eight kids up in one of our mimosas! It was a costume party, so everyone was dressed up, including Daddy Viking and me. Since LV wanted Darth Vader this year, Daddy decided to be a Jedi and I was a stormtrooper. One of LV's friends who is also a Star Wars nut was ALSO Darth Vader for Halloween, and the two of them were just about overwhelmed with delight when they realised that our costumes meant they were the boss of me. :lol

With party prep and house stuff going on, I've been stalled out on any yarn work for a long time now. I'm making myself get back into it though, because I'll never get my in-law's Christmas afghan finished if I don't! And I really want to have it done for them this year.

I just got a new bookshelf for my craft room, so hopefully I'll be able to get it organized enough that it's usable. Since I got it painted and all the stuff put in, almost the entire floor has been covered and there are piles everywhere. Which is great fun when the dog chases the cat into the room, let me tell you. :P

Gosh, I'm not sure what else to say right now... Think I'm just going to sign off. I'll try to catch up more tomorrow!

Good morning all! I'm finally feeling almost totally better! Go me! :Lola

How is everyone? Well, or better, I hope! I don't have too much to do today, just laundry right now. And that will hopefully go pretty quickly...I wish. Other thank that...I think I may need to sweep the kitchen, but I'm not sure, will need to check Lol

Well, I hear the tiny one calling, so I shall see you all later! :hug s

Hi everyone. Thanks for prayers for my dad as the entire situation is getting worse. I didn't get home till midnight last night taking him a queen bed to use downstairs cause he can barely make it to the bathroom much less upstairs. 

Am planning to have lunch today with a friend I haven't seen in 20+ years. She is going through some tough times as well and hoping it cheers her up. I tell you, the weight of the world it seems. 

Been working on stocking swap and a few other things. Hope you're all well. 

Hello everyone!!

Just feeling a bit blaise so finding it real hard getting in the groove today... I have however folded 1 load of sheets, got 1 load of clothes in dryer and and a load of jeans in the washer. And I have just gotten back from my DS's with a mess of turnips and mustard greens he wanted me to come get! So the day isn't TOTALLY wasted! Right?!?

Got my hair cut yesterday...So not happy with it!! Way too short on bottom and too long on top and can't do anything with it.. It was my DIL that did it so i can't even complain about it! :no  Oh well, I should have what I want with it in about a year! :reyes

Nikki -- that Christmas stocking swap is FUN, is it not? and Peanut sounds just like my little GS's..So cute!

Good morning JustAddGlitter!! And thank you for the condolences!!

I sure hope you are feeling better with your mouth jessicali!!

:hug   Owlvamp -- things have just GOT to go to improving for you!!  I hope your weekend is good for you..

KatyAllen and the others that had such bad weather, I am glad you are safe! And after reading your post, maybe I need to take up cooking more!! :lol

"I found this most intriguing; what sort of changes would you say you're seeing? I definitely wasn't sewing ten years ago so I don't know what was out there then!"  by VikingRunnerGirl...

Interesting question Viking. I had a hard time coming up with an answer!! LOL. The biggest thing is that most fabrics are craft or quilt oriented. And half the stores are nothing but fleece!!  Fabric for apparel is not a top priority it seems.(?) So the selection is less. But I have been pleasantly surprised at how fashionable the apparel fabric is. Those are the biggest things I noticed.

Even though I had Wed off for Veteran's Day it seems like a long work week. I'm glad it's Friday. This weekend is going to be shopping for a new Christmas tree. The old one is getting to be so difficult to put together; back breaking difficult...So it's a new prelit, fold up like an umbrella type this year. :ctree

Have a great weekend everyone!

Archived