Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Yarn_monkey

it seems in this area,toward the end of the month,they are adding to the city's revenue by writing more tickets

Its not just me that thinks that,heard others mention it as well,A couple of years back I got pulled over in Portsmouth on my way to the military base,my city sticker had expired a day or two before

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks bgs, got ahead of myself, it's friday today,lol, so the game will be on for sure this evening... I think and correct me again, if Im wrong, but t hought well had it in my head, that  they only have to take 3 outta 5 games to win, mayb that as the league championships games, not  not sure about that,bit either  way, lets play BALL!! lol 

and the practicce of filling a quoya for tickets, hey really did used to have a quota each month, but seems now, most of the law enfrorcemnts have abandoned that practice, cept for maybe the hiway patrol, and weight station officers, lol   and most of thier tickets anyway, are given on the freeways,and interstates so i hear. lol Least around here anyway.

glad youre back yarn monkey though, ticket or no ticket, lol

Hey, everybody, I am checking in. Let you know I am still here. I am doing good. Its raining here. And been pretty cool weather. Except today was warm. Yesterday we had the heater on. Today we had air condition on Weird huh!. That is the way it is sometime here. Hope everyone is doing good. Just want to drop by and say hello to everyone.  Love Arlene    :ghug

oh good for you snowbear, already a wish fullfilled on you wish list.. wish list thank you thread

ONe thing thing you might not have known, is that you need to post in the wish list thank you thread, above link .

as some people sending and granting wishes, don't vistit this thread often, and would not come here normally to read a thank you, they would go to that thread, where all postings are made on wish list wishes, and thank yous, so if you might post it over there, to thank her, she would very well be more apt to see it there, then here, and know it has arrived and you like it, thanks hon, that link above, thank you!! ..

post-40621-0-56947500-1446245714_thumb.jpg

I ran across this pic o f m y dd, at the tender  age of 2 months, not only was and still is, the cutest  baby in my world, lol,she is also wearing the very first baby set i made, back in 85'    It is a sweater, short ruffled diaper cover, ( tights worked well for the legs, lol) a bonnet, and booties, and is the first i ever made, then after that turned out ok, i made more, for a couple neigbors back then,that ordered them from me, and  that loved them, and  the ghan, i made as well, she looks tiny and lost in it all, but fair to say, she grew just enough to become a charming and lovely young lady of  30 now, (ack)  I still have the outfit, and a couple other things from those days!!

do any of you have and kept things you madee, you are keeping still too???

katy your daughter is beautiful and the set you made is amazing especially since it was the first things you ever made.  I would have kept that set too.  The World Series is 4 out of 7 games.  They have all 7 scheduled if they need that many.  3 in NY and 2 back in KC. 

yarn_monkey glad you didn't get a ticket.  We have one area we have to travel through frequently that always has speed traps set up on the highway.  There have been times when they have had to pay money to the state because they collected more than the state allows them to collect. 

Beautiful girl Katy.  Today is my girl's 25th bday. Gosh time flies. And in OK, yes some cops have a quota. There are a lot of small towns here that have crooked cops too. :(  

I'm coughing less but still coughing. Tired of that but life goes on. Been working on the Christmas wish lists some more. We've had rain rain all day but we needed it. Was almost back to drought so this should help. Hope you're all well. 

Hello everyone!! :waving

Hope you all are well!!  I have checked in and ready your posts but wouldn't have to time to make a post myself and to tell the truth just been really overwhelmed lately!

Nikki - I hope things will get on the upswing concerning your grandmother and family.. I know how it feels to always be feeling like your playing peacemaker and stuck right in the middle.. :hug :hug  to you!! And :eek  on your being stopped episode!! We have some cops right around here like that too!! I want to tell them there are plenty of places you know about where you can be of service to the society and catch the real bad guys but I keep quiet... I also try to remember that it is really a tough job and I would not make a good cop at all!!

katyallen brenda and jessicali --- glad ya'll have been enjoying your games!! :)  brenda, you do understand how it is to live out in the "country"! :lol  katyallen I LOVED the squares you sent to JustAddGlitter! Especially that cheery looking one on the right of the picture!! :drool  :drool and the pretty baby set shown with your beautifull DD!! and yes my DD is 15 but I saved a sweater and blanket that I did for her when she was born also...

Hello to snowbear, cshort and pineknott!!

Sopo -- I hope you get to feeling better!!

Owlvamp -- :hug :hugI know how you feel....  .But we will keep fighting and not give up!! Life is a gift and we will make it!! you will too!! sending well wishes and prayers your way!!

Snowbear you need to thank Mary Jo for the yarn over on the wishlist thank you thread and they don't use names there so we just use the term FGM (fairy god mother).

katy no game tonight. Its a travel day and it will take 4 wins out of 7 possible games for the champs. They have 3 games scheduled in NY and 2 more scheduled back in KC if it takes them all 7 games.

I didn't know where the wishlist was. I now know. If I can find it again. I have trouble finding stuff still. I am making progress, though. Sorry.   Love Arlene   :embar           

Hello!

I'm spending the day weaving ends on an afghan for my grandson. The grandkids along with my daughter and son-in-law stopped by this morning to drop off their cats for me to care for while they are on a cruise with my son-in-law's parents. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Hi all! How is everyone? Well, I hope! Stopping in to say hi, give out :hug s and wish everyone a Happy Halloween! I have a small project I'm working on right now, but can't post it because it's a surprise for Immafreek hehehe

Hope everyone stays safe and has a great weekend!

Thanks bgs, got ahead of myself, it's friday today,lol, so the game will be on for sure this evening... I think and correct me again, if Im wrong, but t hought well had it in my head, that  they only have to take 3 outta 5 games to win, mayb that as the league championships games, not  not sure about that,bit either  way, lets play BALL!! lol 

and the practicce of filling a quoya for tickets, hey really did used to have a quota each month, but seems now, most of the law enfrorcemnts have abandoned that practice, cept for maybe the hiway patrol, and weight station officers, lol   and most of thier tickets anyway, are given on the freeways,and interstates so i hear. lol Least around here anyway.

glad youre back yarn monkey though, ticket or no ticket, lol

Yay! Royals won tonight. One more Game & They have WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!! My fingernails are still painted Royal Blue with a Baseball Accent nail.. I did them the day of Game 1 for the series & won't change it til it's over!! Also got my #35 HOSMER shirt yesterday ($5 at a roadside shop = DEAL!) and wore that today..

Yesterday was an amazing day for me. I've been a HUGE Days of our Lives fan since I can remember, and I got to meet a part of the cast last night at a mall in Overland Park, Kansas!! Brady Black, Maggie Horton, Abe Carver, Kimberly Brady, Chad Dimera, Abigail Devereaux and Eric Brady were the ones I got to meet! I got tons of pictures, along with a SELFIE with Chad & Abby!! My whole day was made when Brady gave me a kiss on the cheek!! (SWOON!) 

Snowbear you need to thank Mary Jo for the yarn over on the wishlist thank you thread and they don't use names there so we just use the term FGM (fairy god mother).

katy no game tonight. Its a travel day and it will take 4 wins out of 7 possible games for the champs. They have 3 games scheduled in NY and 2 more scheduled back in KC if it takes them all 7 games.

I didn't know where the wishlist was. I now know. If I can find it again. I have trouble finding stuff still. I am making progress, though. Sorry.   Love Arlene   :embar           

NO problem arlene, thanks !

katy your daughter is beautiful and the set you made is amazing especially since it was the first things you ever made.  I would have kept that set too.  The World Series is 4 out of 7 games.  They have all 7 scheduled if they need that many.  3 in NY and 2 back in KC. 

yarn_monkey glad you didn't get a ticket.  We have one area we have to travel through frequently that always has speed traps set up on the highway.  There have been times when they have had to pay money to the state because they collected more than the state allows them to collect. 

aw thank you, mom's do the silliest things, huh, like she wanted to get all fussed up that, day, she didn't , she wanted to sleep, lol

Beautiful girl Katy.  Today is my girl's 25th bday. Gosh time flies. And in OK, yes some cops have a quota. There are a lot of small towns here that have crooked cops too. :(

I'm coughing less but still coughing. Tired of that but life goes on. Been working on the Christmas wish lists some more. We've had rain rain all day but we needed it. Was almost back to drought so this should help. Hope you're all well. 

wellhello everyone,Happy 25th sopo to your daughter!

yes, thank you bgs, hopefully, after the Royals win last night,I think they have won 4 games of the seven, so maybe  tonight, will be the final needed, is that right? I enjoy watching the games, but really when it gets so exciting, I have to look away almost, like last nights final two innings, sheesh, might need a pacemaker for tonight, to keep me heart beating correctly, all these highs and lows, give it a work out to be sure.....

Thanks for the compliments on baby J and her outfit, if she knew, she would kill me, so I will take off the pic soon, in case she finds out, lol...

Hey ya hearshy, keeping busy i see, are you in the market for more squares and if so, do let me know, Ill get you on the list, as time will have it, we are not doing birthdays after Dec, and will most likey return to biggest square, (whatever the members decide,) or something else, but you are welcome to put your name on our list for then if you like, just send me some info, as listed on first post,and Ill get you on....

I got Rosie on,thanks Rosie. ..

Hello everyone!! :waving

Hope you all are well!!  I have checked in and ready your posts but wouldn't have to time to make a post myself and to tell the truth just been really overwhelmed lately!

Nikki - I hope things will get on the upswing concerning your grandmother and family.. I know how it feels to always be feeling like your playing peacemaker and stuck right in the middle.. :hug :hug  to you!! And :eek  on your being stopped episode!! We have some cops right around here like that too!! I want to tell them there are plenty of places you know about where you can be of service to the society and catch the real bad guys but I keep quiet... I also try to remember that it is really a tough job and I would not make a good cop at all!!

katyallen brenda and jessicali --- glad ya'll have been enjoying your games!! :)  brenda, you do understand how it is to live out in the "country"! :lol  katyallen I LOVED the squares you sent to JustAddGlitter! Especially that cheery looking one on the right of the picture!! :drool  :drool and the pretty baby set shown with your beautifull DD!! and yes my DD is 15 but I saved a sweater and blanket that I did for her when she was born also...

Hello to snowbear, cshort and pineknott!!

Sopo -- I hope you get to feeling better!!

Owlvamp -- :hugI know how you feel....  .But we will keep fighting and not give up!! Life is a gift and we will make it!! you will too!! sending well wishes and prayers your way!!

well safe to say, no matter what the outcome, Games' On tonight, lol....Again, no secret here, Im roootin for the Royals, of course, but the games played in ny, are cool, so many famous faces out there watching, lol, and that Bilyl Joel night, was cool!!!!  Huge stadium, packed full!!

Play me a song piano man, you know he was a piano man in a bar long ago, lol just saying......

and its soft and its sweet, and I knew it complete, when I was a younger kaie!! lol

happy25th Sopo's daughter!!!   time does fly for sure, so those of you with little ones, sit back and enjoy them while they are still your babies!!!

This is a new month, and we have two  members with birthday days this month, Vikingrunner girl, and Honex, although not sure if Honex still collecing as I haven't been able to reach her and confirm for months now, but I know Viking is still out there somewhere, lol, so happy birthday to November birthday girls!!!!!!!!!!!

which brings me to another quandry, as the end o dec, we will have no more birthdays, do you all wanna go back to biggest square, or do you want to run the birthday thing again,or do you have an idea or or or, do let let me know, your vote counts, thanks squares!!!  if your bday is in november, please let me know, I have the feeling I missed someone,,,????????thanks.

happy25th Sopo's daughter!!!   time does fly for sure, so those of you with little ones, sit back and enjoy them while they are still your babies!!!

This is a new month, and we have two  members with birthday days this month, Vikingrunner girl, and Honex, although not sure if Honex still collecing as I haven't been able to reach her and confirm for months now, but I know Viking is still out there somewhere, lol, so happy birthday to November birthday girls!!!!!!!!!!!

which brings me to another quandry, as the end o dec, we will have no more birthdays, do you all wanna go back to biggest square, or do you want to run the birthday thing again,or do you have an idea or or or, do let let me know, your vote counts, thanks squares!!!  if your bday is in november, please let me know, I have the feeling I missed someone,,,????????thanks.

I completely missed my birthday month :'( /sadcryface\

I like the Biggest Square one, personally!

oh i know jessica, that was because I could not reach you via email, or mesage, to confirm you were still with us, and your addy.nd preferences, but .I can put you on Dec, for your bday, if you like,, that way we could at least catch you up?? iwill need confimation addy, and prefs though ok, thanks....

I completely missed my birthday month :'( /sadcryface\

I like the Biggest Square one, personally!

lemme know ok, thanks!! and vote noted, thanks jess.

oh i hear that sandra, i have all my pics sorted, and albummed, so seldom see many of them, but this one I found in my drawer, she needed a baby pic for something, and when she gave it back to me, i stuck it in there for safe keeping, ha ha, finally turned up, think Ill leave it out now. ha ha.....

ok all, jessicali missed her B-day month, due to I couldhn't reach herby  email or mess, but she is back with us now, so I added her Sept Bday, to the end of the Dec list, so as to try to catch her up......her info is posted and she will be a dec bday girl!!  i still have no word from honex, afte many emails, and messages, so mail at your own risk, as i do not have an updated addy or pref. on her anymore. thanks

Drgnlady 5  I am awaiting a reply, but she has a bit of time left to show herself, lol, and confirm.....Ill le you all know, when i hear any more new developements!! :ty 

game is on, tony Bennet doing a song first, america the beauriful, boy he must be old, .. I haven't heard anything about him for years.        Ok, Play Ball     Go Royals!!!!!!! :cheer  :clap  :clap:cheer  :yes   :yes  Take that Crown KC!!

Archived