Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone!

Sopo, I hope you are feeling better.

Preparing for winter? Hmmmmm..... take out a sweater, ok I'm ready  :D

I've had a very nice day. My team at work did a potluck lunch today in honor of my birthday, we do lunches for everyone's birthdays. One of my coworkers made manicotti that was super yummy. Of course we had cake and ice cream too. My 2 aides gave me a cute card with a gift card for JoAnn's which I will have fun spending. My parents gave me a card with money so I will have even more fun shopping. And now I get to enjoy my evening crocheting. I hope everyone has a great evening.

:bday  :bday

I think you be a little onery with the taking out a sweater in preparation for winter comment.  :lol  :lol  :lol

The METWin! :dance I've been a fan since I was a tiny girl, and the stadium cheering for Utley made his strikeout very sweet! 

I'm exhausted, but pretty happy!

Anyway, Good morning, my friends! It's actually amazing how happy I am considering my (soon to be) Ex stole my children's computer last night. It was a Christmas gift to me 2 years ago, and he just took it! He's really one of the biggest dirtbags I can think of right now. Once again, my lawyer is going to have to force his lawyer to talk to him. I have an order of protection, and He had to stalk me to know when I was at a Fire Department meeting for an hour. Scary.

I hope to finish the final round of my squares today so I can start connecting. I love connecting squares-it makes me feel like I've accomplished something. It's friday, I haven't got a whole lot to do, so this could get done!

Have a great day!!

Happy Friday ladies! I hope everyone had a great week. I got almost nothing done yesterday, I ended up with a killer migraine (this is day 3, but yesterday was the worst for it), so today I'm hoping to get things done. It's supposed to frost tonight, so I have to get the plans inside. I'm going to do that here very soon, like, before 10 am lol. Then push another load of laundry thru the wash (I always have laundry :( it's a never ending battle in my house!). With any luck, I'll get the last couple loads done today and won't have any to do this weekend. I want to crochet and sew, not clean!!! LOL

I guess that's it for now, I hope everyone has a great weekend and I shall see you all later! :hugs

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Katie, thank you for the lovely card and note, it arrived today and made my day extra special.

It seemed like a really long day at work today but it's over now and I'm looking forward to my daughter and her family coming for dinner tonight.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I got the plants moved into the house yesterday and they all fit. :yay  :yay  Today I cleaned out the birdbath so we can get the bowl flipped over and bagged. At least today hasn't been as hot out and it seems as if there is a hint of a chill in the air.   I really need to get back to crocheting but just can't seem to get inspired to do much.  Looking forward to supper tonight although it kind of makes me sad too as it was something my dad often fixed for me as it was our favorite------ham and navy beans (beans from my garden), cornbread, wilted lettuce, and tomatoes.  I am glad we don't have cable so I am not forced to watch the baseball playoff game tonight.  I never liked watching baseball but didn't mind listening to it on the radio. 

katy I am glad you went to brunch.  I wish you would get back to feeling like your energizer bunny self.  Seems like this bout of sniffles has hung on way too long. 

Good morning everyone! Happy Saturday! 

Today is fall cleaning day. We finally had firewood delivered, so my sons will be stacking that, I'l be blowing leaves, and hopefully, we can make a dent in my yard. Because of all the issues here over the last few months, not much has gotten done. We're behind on all these things, but everyone seems to have a sense of helping, and I'm hopeful!

Later today, my baseball team has it's first playoff game. The boys are excited, we are close to last place, but I think we'll do ok today. Tomorrow may be a challenge, but heck, they're having fun, and my assistant coach is awesome, as are my boys, so it's all good, no matter what!

I'm almost done now with my squares last round. It's amazing how I get sidetracked when I sit down to crochet! I have so many plans for things in my head-I just need to block out the sound of closets and pantries calling me to empty them completely and rearrange them.  :lol  My kitchen pantry got a complete overhaul and beauty treatment yesterday. It looks wonderful and it feels good to get going on that stuff finally!

Anyhow, my friends, Have a wonderful weekend!! I hope to get back on here today when I can.  :ghug

I haven't kept up with the Mets this season,it would be nice if they won,its been a dry spell for them since '86

one highlight of a summer trip was when we went to Cooperstown,to the baseball hall of fame

Hey all! So far it's been a pretty nice weekend :) had a bonfire at the neighbors house last night, we burned more yard junk, so we had to keep putting stuff in every few minutes to keep it going, but it was nice and the kids had fun. This morning I helped Mom clean up a little bit, and now, I'm playing in my yarn and making dinner. I almost have little guys 'ghan done. One, maybe 2 more rounds, finally, and then edge it, wash it, and put it on his bed. I found a really pretty patent on craftsy and printed it out. Made a sample swatch of it and showed it to my mom the other night. She loves it and is insisting I show her how to make it, so I'll do that before starting little miss's 'ghan, hopefully early next week.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! :hug for all!

The METWin! :dance I've been a fan since I was a tiny girl, and the stadium cheering for Utley made his strikeout very sweet! 

Anyway, Good morning, my friends! It's actually amazing how happy I am considering my (soon to be) Ex stole my children's computer last night. It was a Christmas gift to me 2 years ago, and he just took it! He's really one of the biggest dirtbags I can think of right now. Once again, my lawyer is going to have to force his lawyer to talk to him. I have an order of protection, and He had to stalk me to know when I was at a Fire Department meeting for an hour. Scary.

I hope to finish the final round of my squares today so I can start connecting. I love connecting squares-it makes me feel like I've accomplished something. It's friday, I haven't got a whole lot to do, so this could get done!

Have a great day!!

katy dh pointed out that in the movie Back to the Future that the cubs win the world series in 2015. Wouldn't that be weird if they did?

No crazy talk ladies - The ROYALS are gonna win it this year!! They're up 2-0 in their current series :D Woot Woot!!

katy dh pointed out that in the movie Back to the Future that the cubs win the world series in 2015. Wouldn't that be weird if they did?

That's what my DH said too and so he's rooting for the Cubs. I pay no attention to baseball, just doesn't interest me, so I'll go with whatever he says and pray he doesn't decide he needs to watch it. Football I like and it's all the sport I can handle. 

Have a great day!!

Wow! I'm glad all he got was the computer! Because if he's willing to go to all of that, to the point that you need a protective order, that's scary! Please stay safe!  :hug

DH and I made it home yesterday about dinner time and got all unloaded. I'm not unpacked yet, but I'll get there! I just hate unpacking. My friend canceled out on meeting up today so I went over to Sister's to say hi to Peanut. I missed him awful bad while we were gone. He was taking his nap when I got there but when Sister brought him downstairs and he saw me, he came a running with his hands up! I even got a kiss right off the bat instead of having to beg like usual.  :manyheart  I swear, he almost makes me want one of my own! 

Tomorrow Sister is coming over early and she and I are off to meet our uncle for lunch. He wants to talk about the fight he and my grandmother had and I guess his side of the story. He usually is very private and doesn't tell anybody anything, so I have no idea what will come of all this. Apparently the two of them haven't been speaking for months and it's all come to a head, I guess. Sister and I aren't looking forward to it at all, but we'll see what happens. 

Well, off to bed now so I can rest up for tomorrow! I'm glad to be back home so I can check in regularly again!  :)

That's what my DH said too and so he's rooting for the Cubs. I pay no attention to baseball, just doesn't interest me, so I'll go with whatever he says and pray he doesn't decide he needs to watch it. Football I like and it's all the sport I can handle. 

Wow! I'm glad all he got was the computer! Because if he's willing to go to all of that, to the point that you need a protective order, that's scary! Please stay safe!  :hug

DH and I made it home yesterday about dinner time and got all unloaded. I'm not unpacked yet, but I'll get there! I just hate unpacking. My friend canceled out on meeting up today so I went over to Sister's to say hi to Peanut. I missed him awful bad while we were gone. He was taking his nap when I got there but when Sister brought him downstairs and he saw me, he came a running with his hands up! I even got a kiss right off the bat instead of having to beg like usual.  :manyheart  I swear, he almost makes me want one of my own! 

Tomorrow Sister is coming over early and she and I are off to meet our uncle for lunch. He wants to talk about the fight he and my grandmother had and I guess his side of the story. He usually is very private and doesn't tell anybody anything, so I have no idea what will come of all this. Apparently the two of them haven't been speaking for months and it's all come to a head, I guess. Sister and I aren't looking forward to it at all, but we'll see what happens. 

Well, off to bed now so I can rest up for tomorrow! I'm glad to be back home so I can check in regularly again!  :)

Thank you! I'm trying to keep everyone safe, and keep my sanity. Living with uncertainty is stressful for me and the kids! 

I hope your meeting with your uncle goes well! 

I haven't kept up with the Mets this season,it would be nice if they won,its been a dry spell for them since '86

one highlight of a summer trip was when we went to Cooperstown,to the baseball hall of fame

I would be over the moon if they won. I was raised in Queens, so Shea Stadium was just a short subway ride away. I went all the time! I bleed blue and orange! 

No crazy talk ladies - The ROYALS are gonna win it this year!! They're up 2-0 in their current series :D Woot Woot!!

We'll see! THMETS looked really good last night. I hope it lasts! 

Good Morning! I hope everyone stayed warm last night-it was a chilly one! I lit a fire in the wood burner, and my pellet stove was going as well! 

Yesterday was a pretty fun day, I cleaned a bit in the morning, then I had the Homecoming parade! I drove the Ambulance in it, with lights and sirens and had a great time! Afterwards was the football game, and we won against our arch rivals-we made it look easy! I had a baseball game with my son in the afternoon, and while we froze while losing- we are all friendly with that teams coaches and players so everyone had fun anyway. That's what's it's basically about when the boys are just 9 and 10 years old! 

Today I have the Fire department juniors that I instruct. My EMS prospects are 3 girls who are 15. It's pretty chilly this morning, so I'll probably be going over CPR and splinting long bones, which I can do inside the firehouse. I have some onto for them about cardiac patients and Stroke recognition as well so they'll have a full morning!  I love these girls, they enjoy what I love so we all get along grandly. A few weeks ago we had a joint vehicle extrication drill with the boy juniors, and we had so much fun and they learned so much. These girls will be able to join the department at an earlier age, and skip half of their probation time because they will already know what our full members know. It's a great program and I'm proud to be a part of it. My two older sons are in the boy juniors and they enjoy seeing their mom do what they want to do. (I was in a truck company years ago, so these whipper-snappers think their mom is cool.  :lol  I'm actually the worlds biggest dork, but they have time to figure that out!)

We're also carving pumpkins later on today! That's going to be fun too (I hope) I'm going to bake the seeds and we can have a yummy snack. 

I hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday, and enjoys these crisp autumn days!

Hello everyone.

I attended a drop spindle spinning class yesterday and think I may have a new addiction. I really enjoyed the class and spinning but I need a lot of practice. This morning it was off to church and now I'm working on an afghan. Hope everyone has a great day.

Good afternoon and happy Sunday all! Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend, as am I! Tho I did still have laundry to do :( but that's ok. And I have a pic of Boo and Jazz on the afghan I'm making him, but I can't figure out how to post pictures with my tablet on here. It's really frustrating me, but either I will figure it out, or I'll have to describe it in detail lol

I hope everyone has a great rest of their day! :hug for all

Its another lovely day out. I am at the genealogy library now. They have a nice big room with tables where I enjoy sipping on a diet coke between crocheting and looking out the windows over at the golf course. This evening we plan on stopping at Powell Gardens for Glow Jack o Lantern Fest.

yarn_monkey don't forget to sign up for the wishlist

Hello, everyone. I am felling good today.  I have been doing a lot of crocheting. Making Christmas present. I am working on some for my family. Not sure what to make for my 2 picky sisters. One like bears. The other like roosters. I am also practicing on my knitting. My sister's husband Mother had some stuff she didn't need anymore. He gave me a while lot of more knitting needles, books. So, now I really got to learn to do something with knitting, one day.  His Mother is 100 yrs. old. She is still getting around a little. She sure don't look 100 yrs. old. So, anybody got any idea with crocheting. Something with bears, roosters on it.   Or a way to crochet a bear or rooster in a crochet piece. I don't know how to put animal or anything into potholder or dishtowels. So, any ideas. Anybody. Sorry I keep asking you all. Love Arlene :hug

Hello, everyone. I am felling good today.  I have been doing a lot of crocheting. Making Christmas present. I am working on some for my family. Not sure what to make for my 2 picky sisters. One like bears. The other like roosters. I am also practicing on my knitting. My sister's husband Mother had some stuff she didn't need anymore. He gave me a while lot of more knitting needles, books. So, now I really got to learn to do something with knitting, one day.  His Mother is 100 yrs. old. She is still getting around a little. She sure don't look 100 yrs. old. So, anybody got any idea with crocheting. Something with bears, roosters on it.   Or a way to crochet a bear or rooster in a crochet piece. I don't know how to put animal or anything into potholder or dishtowels. So, any ideas. Anybody. Sorry I keep asking you all. Love Arlene :hug

You could buy kitchen towels with bears and roosters then crochet a topper onto it or a holder where you can change the towel. I have purchased appliques and sewn them to towel toppers or purchased special buttons when I couldn't crochet that special something

Yay! I did figure it out!!! GO ME! LOL

So cute!!  :yes

I hope you feel better tomorrow!  :hug Here are some patterns I found... Bear Coasters, Bear Potholder (and the beehive potholder that goes with it), Chicken Coasters, Chicken Potholder, and another Chicken Potholder. I hope those help!  :)

Brenda, I'm going to go work on that wish list as soon as I finish this post!  :D

Well, Sister and I had lunch with Uncle today. It went okay. We got his side of things and I have even less of an idea of what caused it all than I did to begin with. Sigh. Oh well. Can't fix everything, right??

After lunch, Sister and I needed retail therapy so we had a stop at Joann's and a stop at Target. I got 2 skeins of RH Team Spirit at Joann's and 2 skeins of Paton's Glam Stripes. The Glam Stripes was marked down to $1.97 and it rang up at $.97!  :yay  I'm thinking about a pineapple shawl with it. The team spirit yarn will be a scarf for football games.  :yes

Tomorrow, DH and I will have to go pick up the new computer desk for my grandmother. We should probably make a trip to the grocery store, too, but we'll surprise DH with that later!  ;)

Okay, off to work on this wishlist! I hope everyone had a good weekend! 

wow big lotta posts here ha ha i have been messing with yard stuff, also cleaning up and going through things as we only have this huge dumpster in our neighborhood a few more days, and it takes anything, so about 20 trips down there already, lol, not ounting the leaf bags, and today im paying for it, althouh the alergies are more manageable, cept when someone nearby mows or something....Hi Jessicali, good to see you girl!!! 

Carol, spinning huh, lol......good luck

bgs, yes, the royals will pull it off this time, i rooting unfortunatley for the cubs, as i flet bad for them, they haven't done a series since 1908   edited

anything else i missed ommnenting on, i had it alld down once, and lost my post,,,,,,,,,grrrrrrrrr, now Im just too short on time and patience to re write it all again, lol...

I am going to do another give away,as i found two or three plastic canval kleenex covers, so look for that soon!! Im alsofinishing up a brithts granny ghan to, just have the edging to do........days to decide how, lol.......

oh i know, does anyone use felt quite a bit?? and if so, how could one incorporate felt into something with yarn, lol, I have found some, so was wondering, as something in side me says, don't give it up just yet katie!

any ideas, remember now, i don't sew........a little handstitchin such as putting toether squares,but thst is as good as it gets, lol

wonering if it would be good to line insdie of a potholder, just tack it down,and put the two sides ofi it together!!

Archived