Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Ok, well, my tablet is back to not letting me post pics! Grrr :( But, his afghan is finished and now adorning his bed. I did a row of hdc to edge it. It looks really good! I'll keep trying to post the pics for you all, and the pic of the one I started for DD. Her's'll be really nice too!

I hope everyone is either well or feeling better! :hug s for all!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brenda, very close, they must live near the ferry that crosses from AR to MO and back. I was just up the road from that. ;) 

Nice afghan. very cool. 

hi ya heaarshy! good to have you back, i remember you!!i welcome back  to you too, good o see you!!

NIice ghans up there, wow, you have been very busy, they look just wonderful and warm! 

Hi yarnmonkey, glad things might have sorta kinda a little bi tworked out some!!! you are wonderful to try to help, sometimes that works, other times.....well.....can't hurt anyway, lol.

Ive never had pumpkin seeds as a snack, do you bake them????

but i did have a coal black cat, named Punkin, lol         

Game  four is next!! The Royals final score for game three, was 14 -2!! wow...

im watching the cubs and the mets now,  come on cubbies!! ireally don't care who wins, but it is more fun, if you chose a team to root for, ha ha....Idont even know thier cities, like is it chicago CUbs, and New yORK mets???? I know the royals are KC, and the

Blue Jays are out of Toronto, but havent followed really anyone, till the end, I like the end, he he he.........

and i don't care about stats, or stuff, just like to watch the game, a little popcorn, and a diet coke.. 

my shower can wait a bit..........he he he.............enjoy your vening riends!

Yes! Come on, Cubbies! It all looked so promising coming into the post-season. And now they're just falling apart. *sigh*

oh dear Holly, it's not looking good for the cubs,,,,,,,,,,,,in other matters,

got the pic posted for the giveaway, go on over to that thread,and take a look if you are intersted....    here's that link.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/155612-kleenex-box-covers-giveawaywill-chose-two-winners-randomly/

Hi everyone!!

Special hi to Holly and Howieann!! Looks like we all came back together! :ghug

KatieBug I love your "granny square"afghan... those tails hanging are interesting.. Looks like you're just dropping your thread and picking back up later or something instead of cutting after each "round" etc...  But its' pretty!!

hi ya heaarshy! good to have you back, i remember you!!i welcome back  to you too, good o see you!!  Awww...katyallen thank you!! :hug  You sure know how to welcome one back and I remember you too!!! :yes Good to be back and recognize so many names....and anxious to learn everyone else!!

NIice ghans up there, wow, you have been very busy, they look just wonderful and warm! 

Hi yarnmonkey, glad things might have sorta kinda a little bi tworked out some!!! you are wonderful to try to help, sometimes that works, other times.....well.....can't hurt anyway, lol.

im watching the cubs and the mets now,  come on cubbies!! ireally don't care who wins, but it is more fun, if you chose a team to root for, ha ha....Idont even know thier cities, like is it chicago CUbs, and New yORK mets???? I know the royals are KC, and the

Blue Jays are out of Toronto, but havent followed really anyone, till the end, I like the end, he he he.........

and i don't care about stats, or stuff, just like to watch the game, a little popcorn, and a diet coke.. 

my shower can wait a bit..........he he he.............enjoy your vening riends!

Today was rough! I did a lot of :juggle  jobs today and seems like I just dropped the ball on every one and to top it off this fibro had my elbows, wrists, and finger joints hurting so even tonight I cant' crochet one stitch... :ohdear   Oh well.... Tomorrow will be better! It was nice to just take a bit out this evening though and look at all the eye candy on this site and check out things!! :) Wishing all a good night!

Hey hershey! Yeah, you don't tie off after the "round", because, technically, the round doesn't end. With the way it works, it spirals kinda and you can one go so far before having to drop the yarn and go back to the next color. It's awesome :lol

I hopeeveryone is having a great night! I'm fixing to crochet a cute little crown for Jazziebug. I'll try to post a pic when it's done. It's only a few rounds, so it shouldn't take too long lol

Have a breath night all! :hug s

I lived on the AR MO border too. Lead Hill / Diamond City area on Bull Shoals Lake. After 20 years and finding out my great grandma is buried there, I always claim Harrison as my home town. <sigh> still praying to go visit. But for now, will thank God for a home even if it's in Oklahoma. lol Seriously though, too many without one to not be thankful. 

Nikki, a variation of the c2c is instead of 3 dc in each box, do a 1dc, ch 2, 1 dc.  I've been doing this with Caron SS and it makes a more open but  really nice soft spongy scarf. 

Thanks Brenda. Well another day my friends. 

Oh that's similar to the Fortune's Shawlette I made a while back! I think I'll use that for this one lonely skein of RH Unforgettable. Thanks!  :)

I need the overalls to be newborn.

thanks for the links to the hats. Going to go check them out.

Maybe this pattern would work?

hi ya heaarshy! good to have you back, i remember you!!i welcome back  to you too, good o see you!!

I think this is going to be one of those "other times"... my grandmother texted me yesterday and asked for another favor. She wants me to get online and print her off another will so she can change it and write my uncle out completely.  :(  I'm just at my wits end over here. I have no idea what to do anymore. I can't believe this is all over a misunderstanding about a snack. They can't even agree on the snack, she says chips and he says ice cream, and it's blown so far out of proportion that they haven't spoken since June and now it's to the point where she wants to write him out of the will. I haven't even texted her back yet. I don't know how to tell her she's overreacting and we need to figure this whole thing out. 

Hi everyone!  :waving 

I just re-found the Ville over the weekend and it is good to be back!! I remember many of you sent my daughter and me squares. I put hers together for her but never got around to making mine.. :no  After Christmas is behind me, that would be a great thing for me to do..

I have been reading the last couple of days or so posts to try to catch up.. I remember a lot of your usernames. :)  and bgs -  I do genealogy also.. Sorry I know nothing about your locale as I'm down here in Alabama and havent gotten to ever travel that far north.

oh well, just wanted to pop in and see how everyone was getting along. 

I think we've missed each other in our past C'Ville lives, but welcome back!!  :waving

Well, DH and I have picked up my grandmother's desk, I've got her internet all set, just have to get the air card and set it up. I went to Sister's house this afternoon and watched Peanut while she went with her boyfriend to a doctor's appointment an hour away. I got lots of snuggles and I learned today that every time he hears a plane fly over, he waves at it.  :lol  Sister lives near the little county airport, so you hear small airplanes several times a day. Every single time he hears them, he says "bye bye" and waves. He doesn't even have to be outside, just sitting in the living room he'll wave. 

I'm pretty sure there was something on the agenda for tomorrow, but now I can't remember what it is. I'll be calling my dad to get his opinion on my grandmother, even though it's not his mom, he's known her for almost 35 years so hopefully he can help me. Okay, off to get a little more hooky time in before bed. Hope everyone is having a good week!  :)

Oh that's similar to the Fortune's Shawlette I made a while back! I think I'll use that for this one lonely skein of RH Unforgettable. Thanks!  :)

Maybe this pattern would work?

I think this is going to be one of those "other times"... my grandmother texted me yesterday and asked for another favor. She wants me to get online and print her off another will so she can change it and write my uncle out completely.  :(  I'm just at my wits end over here. I have no idea what to do anymore. I can't believe this is all over a misunderstanding about a snack. They can't even agree on the snack, she says chips and he says ice cream, and it's blown so far out of proportion that they haven't spoken since June and now it's to the point where she wants to write him out of the will. I haven't even texted her back yet. I don't know how to tell her she's overreacting and we need to figure this whole thing out. 

I think we've missed each other in our past C'Ville lives, but welcome back!!  :wavingHi yarnmonkey!! Thank you!! :) Have read a couple of your posts (grandma and uncle).. I feel your pain...It has been that way all of my life in my family.. makes me go :thair

Well, DH and I have picked up my grandmother's desk, I've got her internet all set, just have to get the air card and set it up. I went to Sister's house this afternoon and watched Peanut while she went with her boyfriend to a doctor's appointment an hour away. I got lots of snuggles and I learned today that every time he hears a plane fly over, he waves at it.  :lol  Sister lives near the little county airport, so you hear small airplanes several times a day. Every single time he hears them, he says "bye bye" and waves. He doesn't even have to be outside, just sitting in the living room he'll wave. 

I'm pretty sure there was something on the agenda for tomorrow, but now I can't remember what it is. I'll be calling my dad to get his opinion on my grandmother, even though it's not his mom, he's known her for almost 35 years so hopefully he can help me. Okay, off to get a little more hooky time in before bed. Hope everyone is having a good week!  :)

Well got DH taken to school this morning, came back and worked out a square (round) on a Christmas afghan I'm making and I am determined now to get up and get SOMETHING accomplished today!! But I just had to check the Ville before I start! :U 

Happy Crocheting everyone!!

i was certainly pleased with the Royals though!! hope they can do that again!!

Last night was terrible for the Royals lol. however the night before was pretty darn good!! 14-2!! WOWZERS!. Hoping Friday night they can kick some Blue Jay butt though, since they'll be on home field!!! Looking at getting tickets to the game (we're about 15 minutes from the stadium with no traffic...) but I'm not sure if DH and I will be able to get away with out the kids.. I can't feature paying $500+ for tickets for the 5 of us to go though lol. His mom hasn't been too well, so it's looking like we're out of a baby sitter, but never know! 

Happy Thursday! I got these awesome squares from cshort, thank you!!!  :hug

attachicon.gifLINEcamera_share_2015-10-21-13-32-18_resized.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well!

You're welcome!

Hi everyone! Work has been wearing me out this week so I haven't done much else. Tomorrow is a teacher planning day so hopefully I will get caught up on some paper work and hopefully won't feel so busy and tired next week.

Good evening all! I had a long day today...lots of grocery shopping and then parent teacher conference. Thankfully, the little guy is doing pretty darn good! Then I made dinner and got that cleaned up lol now I'm too tired to yarn. :(

Oh! I got that crown made last night, but I have to remake it. It's big enough that I can wear it! But I got that figured out, so now I just need to get it done again lol

I'm off to bed now tho, and shall see you all later! :hug s and good night!

OK Peeps, I know we have what square colors we want on front page but I just went through 21 pages of posts trying to figure out someone's favorite color and still came up blank. Any other ideas? Don't want to ask...

Sopo, send Katy a pm and ask her. She poorly has it somewhere!

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm just kinda sitting here right now, trying to decide what to make for dinner. I can't decide if I want mostaccioli, chicken lasagna rolls, or left overs. I don't even know if we have enough left overs actually. :lol guess I'll figure it out. Either way with the first 2, I'll need cheese!

:hug s all, I'm off to decide! Have a great weekend!

Happy Friday!  :dance

My youngest daughter and her husband were planning to come for dinner tonight but while I was in the grocery store shopping for dinner my daughter text and said they went out to dinner last night and she has been sick since 4 this morning so they will not be coming. This weekend is the annual luncheon and classes for the Sewing Guild chapter I belong to so it will be a fun weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Archived