Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi Rosie

I haven't been back to my home state of NY in Many years,miss it but I don't travel well anymore

after living in Bklyn for years we moved out the island,went to Newfield HS in Selden

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, all! Thank you for the welcomes! I feel warm and fuzzy!  :manyheart

Linda: I live about 15 minutes from Selden. I've been to Newfield many times for various sporting things. I'm in Miller Place, a block from the Mt Sinai border. 

SO, Last night as I was crocheting while watching Monday night football (I'm a total football addict) I realized that I have SO MUCH YARN that I have put away and have no idea what I have. There's 2 stashes! Yay! So, I had trouble sleeping while thinking about it all night, so I just went through the smaller (and easier to access) one. GOSH! I found all my tie dye yarn! Plus-my autumn color yarn! I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself. There's tons (ok, maybe 25) 4 inch squares already made, of all kind of tie dye color, so I'm going to consider making an afghan of all colors, kind of like a shabby hippie chic type of thing. I really need to finish at least one of my ongoing projects first though, so, as the squares aren't going anywhere-it can wait.  :reyes maybe. we'll see.  ;)

Today, my high school buddy is coming to visit, so I'm all excited about that. I have no car, and no snacks, so maybe I'll just make an apple pie or something real quick. I have tons of apples, hmmmm...maybe an apple crisp...ugh, now I'm hungry. 

Have a great day, all! 

Another cloudy day. I got around early this morning and am at the laundromat washing cat blankets and rugs. Then I have other errands to run. We could use a little rain but I am afraid people are going to get stuck on our road. They are redoing the ditches and redefining the road. It looked like there are several inches of fine loose dirt on a large stretch of the road close to where we access the highway. I hope they get gravel on it before it rains and I think rain is in the forecast for Thurs evening.

Welcome Rosie! 

Hi all, just dropping in for a minute. Hope you allure having a great week! 

See you all soon! :hugs

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the group Rosie.

Today was better at school but I'm still tired, must be hanging over from yesterday :lol . My sewing guild meeting last night was fun, I always have a good time at those meetings, the ladies are all very friendly and helpful. I hope everyone has a great evening.

wow, apple pie, quick and easy, wow, i like this rosie, lol, quick and easy for me, would probably be , i dunno, ummm, Ritz crackers and a tin of onion dip, lol.....you must be a really good baker! I like to bake, but have to be in the mood, you know, more so in cold weather, when the oven feels good being on for a bit, lol.... have fun with your buddy!!! and i share your joy at your yarn find, lol,,,,,,,,ooooh, would love to help sort,and count,and stack!!

Good morning, all! Thank you for the welcomes! I feel warm and fuzzy!  :manyheart

Linda: I live about 15 minutes from Selden. I've been to Newfield many times for various sporting things. I'm in Miller Place, a block from the Mt Sinai border. 

SO, Last night as I was crocheting while watching Monday night football (I'm a total football addict) I realized that I have SO MUCH YARN that I have put away and have no idea what I have. There's 2 stashes! Yay! So, I had trouble sleeping while thinking about it all night, so I just went through the smaller (and easier to access) one. GOSH! I found all my tie dye yarn! Plus-my autumn color yarn! I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself. There's tons (ok, maybe 25) 4 inch squares already made, of all kind of tie dye color, so I'm going to consider making an afghan of all colors, kind of like a shabby hippie chic type of thing. I really need to finish at least one of my ongoing projects first though, so, as the squares aren't going anywhere-it can wait.  :reyes maybe. we'll see.  ;)

Today, my high school buddy is coming to visit, so I'm all excited about that. I have no car, and no snacks, so maybe I'll just make an apple pie or something real quick. I have tons of apples, hmmmm...maybe an apple crisp...ugh, now I'm hungry. 

Have a great day, all! 

Oh m y, that sounds like a mess for sure, if it rains on top of that, i know we used to live near a gravel road, and it was hec when it rained, lol, thank goodness, we didn't have to use it too much in bad weather.........

Another cloudy day. I got around early this morning and am at the laundromat washing cat blankets and rugs. Then I have other errands to run. We could use a little rain but I am afraid people are going to get stuck on our road. They are redoing the ditches and redefining the road. It looked like there are several inches of fine loose dirt on a large stretch of the road close to where we access the highway. I hope they get gravel on it before it rains and I think rain is in the forecast for Thurs evening.

hi ya katie, good to see ya, how things going girl!!

Welcome Rosie! 

Hi all, just dropping in for a minute. Hope you allure having a great week! 

See you all soon! :hugs

Hello everyone!

Today was better at school but I'm still tired, must be hanging over from yesterday :lol . My sewing guild meeting last night was fun, I always have a good time at those meetings, the ladies are all very friendly and helpful. I hope everyone has a great evening.

oh, sounds like a less than fun start of your week, hope as it progresses, things get better,!!

Just finished cooking supper and doing the dishes. So I thought I would make a fast check in before on to the next thing.
Hope all is well with everyone and those of you sick get well soon.

hi y Sandra, glad to hear you are getting along, like the rest of us all I guess, one day at a time, huh!

Hello everyone!

Hey Katy! Things are going pretty good. Trying to get in the mood to yarn some more. I really need to finish my scarf and my DS's blanket. I've been trying to work on his never-ending granny square, but I'm still just.....not wanting to, I guess? I have been embroidering tho, I'm on my 3rd design on the sheet. Planning on making it into a quilt. Eventually LOL.

I'm going to try mind-setting myself tomorrow to crochet some. Hopefully it will work, at least for a while anyway. One round or row is better than none at all!

How have you been tho?

And reading back thru the thread, I apparently missed a couple birthdays, so..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADIES!!!

Hi all!

I tried to read the whole thread, but I realized that with 743 pages, well, I'll have to take it slow-I have projects to make! I just joined this thread, but have been around the forum reading and admiring everyone's beautiful work. 

My name is Rosie, I have 4 great (read insane) kids, 2 adorable (read drooling barking butt wagging) dogs, and 4 fantastic (read totally insane and wrecking my house) cats. I love to crochet, and since right now my personal life has taken a stressful turn (divorce proceedings which have turned into a nasty fight), crocheting has been my stress reliever!

My truck broke down on Saturday and I just got the estimate, which is causing some additional stress, but heck-I always feel everything will be ok-I just have to get through the rough waters to get to smooth sailing!

I'm glad to be here on this thread, and hope to get involved in the conversations with you all.  :)

:welcome

oh yarnmonkey, package went out, he said expect it possibly thursday or friday, so heads up, it's finally coming your way!!!

Yay! Thank you!!  :hug

Apparently I haven't posted in a couple days... I always read and keep up but I guess i have trouble remembering to respond!  :reyes

It's been a busy couple days here... DH and I had football on Sunday, as usual, but a friend of mine got tickets and sat a few seats down the row from us. It turned out the people in between didn't come, so she got to scoot over and sit with us! I like football, but having a buddy there makes it even better! Yesterday DH and I ran errands and today we had to pick our things up from the state fair and then it was a Peanut day. Sister and I just hung out at the house and watched Despicable Me with Peanut. He was watching Cars when I came in and when the movie went off, after he danced to the credit music, he put his hand up and looked at Sister like "okay, it's over... Are you going to change it?" So she asked if she wanted to watch the Minions. He ran over to his toy box and pulled out the stuffed minion he got at the fair, hugged it and gave it a kiss. So obviously we had to watch Minions. He's started doing this new thing where when he does something he thinks is funny, he gets this big grin and covers his mouth with both hands and laughs. He looks like a little  :devil  and it's adorable! I need Sister to get a picture of it for me. 

Tomorrow DH and I are headed to my grandmother's to take the computer. I think I found her a desk, but I want to make sure she likes it and then I'll order it and have it delivered because none of the ones Walmart has in stock that are the type she wants can be picked up the next day. I think I know what we're doing on the internet now, I just need to see if she wants it set up on her own plan under her own name or if she just wants to put it on mine and then she can pay me for it every month. I wouldn't do that for anybody, but my grandmother is different!  :yes

When we get back tomorrow night, I'll have to pack and then Friday morning it's off to my dad's to spend a week. Whew! I probably won't mess with taking my whole laptop, but I'll have my tablet so I can check in and visit still.  :)

Okay, off to bed so I can get up and get going in the morning! Depending on when we get back tomorrow night, I'll try to check in.  :yes

Oct puffies mailed yesterday. We are seeing some blue sky today with puffy white clouds. We are resetting the concrete blocks that form the winter shelter for most of our bonsai trees so then I can get them mulched in.

Hi ladies, I have been MIA for awhile. The past month has been hectic but very good. I went out of town to visit  my grandson for a week, then my Dad came here to visit for a week.

I'm in a crochet funk right now, but I have been getting back into sewing after a 10 year hiatus from it. Fabrics have really changed in that stretch of time  :lol .

Everybody take care; TTYL

hi ya carol, did you have a better day today!!! you're half way done with the week, so that makes it a good day, right!!

Hi ladies, I have been MIA for awhile. The past month has been hectic but very good. I went out of town to visit  my grandson for a week, then my Dad came here to visit for a week.

I'm in a crochet funk right now, but I have been getting back into sewing after a 10 year hiatus from it. Fabrics have really changed in that stretch of time  :lol .

Everybody take care; TTYL

yeah, missed ya yarnscrapper!! welcome back

quick fly by hello

hi linda loo!!

And reading back thru the thread, I apparently missed a couple birthdays, so..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADIES!!!

Hi ya  katie!!

glad to hear you are keeping busy bgs, and getting ready for the new season, do the trees stay outside, in a protected area all winter??

well, am feeling better the last coupla days, not so nasaly congested, i hate when I can't breathe through my nose well, I tend to i dunno, get panicky,  it's like not the same to breathe thru my mouth, ok, I know I know, weird huh,..

oh well,tomorrow is a new day,I think ill get out a bit, need a few things, least that is the plan, lol

we seem to have two seasons here in nebraska, winter,and roadwork, lol everywhere you go, you end up detouring, or going around, or tuning around, or backing up, which i totally  hate, can't back up well,not sure I know any women that can, lol, men can,nothing to it, but I am just not good at it!!   sooooooooo i avoid it altogether if possible,lol..

had a visit from a neighbor up the road, she said she got knocked down the other week, by two big dogs, she has a  little long haired chihuahua, but said she won't be wlking by here much withher, untill the people that own the two big dogs reinforce their fence and such..... Ihave seen the dogs, they look all happy,and fun loving, but seeing that little dog,probably excited them, and they rushed over to see, no one got hurt, thnk goodness.but still you know.......Hopefully nos, th owners will keep better care and watch them more when outside, make sure they are secure.....

ok,that's all, getting tired, havea a good day everone!!

katy the tropicals like my ficus come in the house. Others like junipers, maples, yews, and pines stay outside but need protected. We have concrete blocks stacked to form walls on three sides and open on the south side. I mulch the trees in and a landscape timber goes across the south side. Two bench tops go across the blocks to set trees on in the summer or for protection when we have snow and ice. The blocks protect them from the wind and you have to make sure their soil doesn't get too dry. Wintering in the midwest is challenging because it could be -10 one day and 50 degrees the next. I hear you on the roadwork. We can't go anywhere without going through multiple work zones. We have neighbors that have a pack of large dogs that terrorize the area. They just let them roam. They got rid of one because it kept going over and trying to kill another neighbors dog.

They have run over and barked at me while I am on our property. At least they got rid of the goats. They were always over here or in the road.

Good Morning, everyone!

So far it's a crisp autumn morning, here on Long Island. My favorite time of year! I am a busy busy girl today, it's my oldest child's, my only daughter's, 19th birthday. I'm taking her to lunch at a vegan restaurant (which is absolutely amazing even for a carnivore like myself)  After that I have food shopping to do, and tonight is department election nominations in my Fire Department, so that'll be a long meeting!

I'm trying to get some projects done, but with all these different projects-it's hard to know which one I want to do at any given moment. I'm like a raccoon with something shiny. But I'm making progress on decluttering my stash so that's a good thing. I'm desperate to do Sophies universe, but can't afford the yarn right now.  :P

Anyhow, I'll drop back in later to see what's going on. I hope all of you have a wonderful day!

Hi everyone!  :waving  We're getting into the seasonal swing already, Nutcracker rehearsals have started and my turning 7 this weekend DD has been asked to be a Little Angel this year. We're really proud of her! The weather can't decide if it's Fall or Spring around here. lol I hope everyone is doing well, I'm so sorry I haven't been around more often.  :ghug

and how are you feeling these days LACEY!!  HOW IS OUR OLITTLE MAMA TO BE DOING!

And TRIBBLE, HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU, AND ANGEL SEEMS LOsT IN WORK THESE DAYS, AS DOES POOR kimgoodie, and so many others of us it's been a long time hearing from you, come in and catch up with us, pweety pwease!!!

Doing ok as far as I know. Although I've been having what I assume are Braxton Hicks contractions since Friday, and some other weird things going on. The dr isn't too happy but neither too concerned at the moment but the want me in the office to get checked today. So I should say concerned but not worried at this point. I'll let you all know after I go in.

Doing ok as far as I know. Although I've been having what I assume are Braxton Hicks contractions since Friday, and some other weird things going on. The dr isn't too happy but neither too concerned at the moment but the want me in the office to get checked today. So I should say concerned but not worried at this point. I'll let you all know after I go in.

Love you sissy! Let me know what they say!!

Hi ladies! Checking in before I try to yarn for a few mi lutes instead of sew, then go hose off the front porch for my mom. She's been asking me for a week or better to do it...I really need to stop procrastinating about it and just do it. So I think I will in a couple hours when it's done warming up

Hope everyone is having a great day: hugs for all!

Brenda, You are amazing! Thank you soooooooooo much for the gift! I love it!!!   :ty  :day

I came home from work to a package from Brenda in my mailbox. The package contained a piece of adorable lady bug fabric, 3 super cute rolls of ribbon and a very sweet card. 

post-4459-0-21007700-1444341332_thumb.jpg

Katie, I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Immafreek, I hope every thing went well at the doctors.

Rosie4, Birthday lunches are  the best lunches, hope you and your daughter had a great time.

Justaddglitter, that is great news about your daughter being asked to be an angel. I remember being crazy busy from this time of year through Christmas with music rehearsals for my girls when they were younger.

My dad was planning to go out of town this weekend which meant I would need to be home with my mom but he told me this morning he is not going. So I am headed to my daughter's house after work tomorrow for the weekend. We are going to spend Saturday at Disney, our passes will be expiring in a couple of weeks so this will probably be the last trip for a while since we are not renewing the passes right now. 

I will try to pop in over the weekend but in case I don't, I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Nice package carol, bgs spoils us all like that, lol Maggie stillwaiting  to make yorub day squares, did you need 12 inch or 8 inch please, lol,,,,,,,,i know brights, but size wize i have connflicting info it seems lol.....thanks in advance, once i get your answer, im off to the 12 inch land!!!

Hope all goes well lacey, let us know, ok.. ROsie, are you  fire woman?? maybe an ent or whatever they call the medical personell??

Carol, sounds like a good way to close up the season, a trip to mouse land, lol.

hi ya yarnscrapper, aned katiebug, good to see the both of your posts!!!!!!

got a few things done today, but other than those things noting really pressing, so no pressure, lol,

had breakfst for dinner tonight, we selldom get breakfast so we tr y to have it once in a while for supper, lol....Pancakes, and sausages, toast, and hashbrowns, and it was really good for a change!!

tomorrow, nothing pressiing to do either, so another sort of nothing day!! Gotta throw those in now and then for balance, right,l lol

everyone, take care, bgs sounds loike a dandy shelter for your bonsai trees, nice and protected from winter weather.

OVER AND OUT FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Archived