Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Carol you're welcome. I can't believe the PO got it to you so quickly.

katy your breakfast supper sounds really good. We do that sometimes too.

It doesn't seem like I accomplished much today but it took me all day to get it done.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brenda, where did you get that ribbon at?! I love the minnie mouse! My DDOwould have high-jacked it from me already...and she's only 2!

Oh! And before I forget again...all of you lovely ladies helped my nickname her! I remember when I was prego with her and everyone called her Babybug, well, her official nickname is Jazziebug. I kept forgetting to tell you all that lol (I blame my ADD!)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful evening, and in going to get off here and go do...something. Not sure yet. Goodnight all!

Nice package carol, bgs spoils us all like that, lol Maggie stillwaiting  to make yorub day squares, did you need 12 inch or 8 inch please, lol,,,,,,,,i know brights, but size wize i have connflicting info it seems lol.....thanks in advance, once i get your answer, im off to the 12 inch land!!!

Hope all goes well lacey, let us know, ok.. ROsie, are you  fire woman?? maybe an ent or whatever they call the medical personell??

Carol, sounds like a good way to close up the season, a trip to mouse land, lol.

hi ya yarnscrapper, aned katiebug, good to see the both of your posts!!!!!!

got a few things done today, but other than those things noting really pressing, so no pressure, lol,

had breakfst for dinner tonight, we selldom get breakfast so we tr y to have it once in a while for supper, lol....Pancakes, and sausages, toast, and hashbrowns, and it was really good for a change!!

tomorrow, nothing pressiing to do either, so another sort of nothing day!! Gotta throw those in now and then for balance, right,l lol

everyone, take care, bgs sounds loike a dandy shelter for your bonsai trees, nice and protected from winter weather.

OVER AND OUT FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!

I love breakfast for any meal I can get it! Unfortunately DH isn't much of a breakfast food person outside of breakfast time and he's not much for eating in the morning, so I don't get it very often. Whenever he's gone at dinner time, I make myself some sort of big breakfast.  :D

Brenda, where did you get that ribbon at?! I love the minnie mouse! My DDOwould have high-jacked it from me already...and she's only 2!

Oh! And before I forget again...all of you lovely ladies helped my nickname her! I remember when I was prego with her and everyone called her Babybug, well, her official nickname is Jazziebug. I kept forgetting to tell you all that lol (I blame my ADD!)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful evening, and in going to get off here and go do...something. Not sure yet. Goodnight all!

Yay! We'll have a Peanut and a Jazziebug!  :manyheart

Just a quick check in tonight. We went to my grandmother's yesterday and took her the computer and came up with a plan for the internet and picked out a desk for her. I'll order it and have it shipped and Sister can drag it into the house while we're at Dad's. Today we ran errands and got ready to head out of town and we leave tomorrow at 9! So now it's probably time to pack and head to bed so I can actually be ready to leave when we're supposed to!  :lol We always leave late, so we plan on leaving earlier than we actually want to leave. 

I should be checking back in, but in case I don't get by, I hope everyone has a good weekend!  :)

The ribbon came from the sewing section at Hobby Lobby

Awesome! I'm going to have to go looking. There's only 1 Hobby Lobby in my area that I know of, so I may have to make a special trip!

Well, I'm off for now. Gonna go yarn until the little one is awake. Hope you all have a breath day!

lol Katy! It's 12 inch squares although I think 8 inch was indeed floating around there somewhere before settling on 12! lol Thank you for asking!  :hug

Speaking of, I got a beautiful square from bgs today, thank you!!! :manyheart

post-50331-0-76618200-1444406296_thumb.jpg

immafreak: I hope you and the baby are doing well today!!!

Here's a quick shot of my girls from today, my oldest turns 7 tomorrow so I let them sugar it up at Dunkin' Donuts. LOL

post-50331-0-21978900-1444406345_thumb.jpg

Love to you all! Have a great weekend!!! 

ok maggie, thanks, lol, i will get to work, do you want all solids colors brights, or mix it up,. ;p;     love the pic of the donut eaters, lol they are adorable~~

lol Katy! It's 12 inch squares although I think 8 inch was indeed floating around there somewhere before settling on 12! lol Thank you for asking!  :hug

Speaking of, I got a beautiful square from bgs today, thank you!!! :manyheart

attachicon.gifLINEcamera_share_2015-10-09-11-51-56.jpg

immafreak: I hope you and the baby are doing well today!!!

Here's a quick shot of my girls from today, my oldest turns 7 tomorrow so I let them sugar it up at Dunkin' Donuts. LOL

attachicon.gifdonutgirls.jpg

Love to you all! Have a great weekend!!! 

hi ya arelene, did you post your pics here on the ville, i didn't get an email....... Jazziebug, cute.....

hi all, justa  silly question for you all, when you are not expecting company, but maybe someone calls and wants to pop in ffor a quik visit and gives you very little time to do any major house work, and so what are the things you most do to make the house more presentable. I usually make sure it's vacuumed,( or at least, i pick up the cat toys off the floor that are streen about, most normal for my lifing room floor, lol ) and dishes and counters are clean and clear, then give the main bath a  really quikie once over, counter sink and stool, mostly just close the shower doors, and straighten the rugs, then i presume it is presentable and clean for others.

i ask, cause once i went to a co workers house, ( a long time ago, ) and we were going to grab a sandwich or something, well, the kitchen table, had a crock pot on it, and was a aoml full of dirty dishes, and whatever was in the crock pot, wasn't going to come out with out hours of soaking, and I was not sure I wanted to eat anything there, that's just me, i guess, thing is she knew we were doing this, the day before, ?? wonder why she didn't clean up a little bit, i just had a diet coke, and a few chips, passed on anything else, and never went back......

Now another time, and another friend, we went to her house, she microwaved some home made soup, poured our diet coke into an ice filled gass, and buttered up some rolls for the soup, her house was spotless, as always, lol and she really made it seem to be a very pleasant lunch,.. She remained and is still a good friend to this day!! some people have so much to learn, or simply don't care, huh.........oh well, just a random thiought, but when i think about that girl, and I try not to often, ( we really didn't become good friends, ) lol i think of that flrlthy kitchen........yikes..........

hi all, justa  silly question for you all, when you are not expecting company, but maybe someone calls and wants to pop in ffor a quik visit and gives you very little time to do any major house work, and so what are the things you most do to make the house more presentable. I usually make sure it's vacuumed,( or at least, i pick up the cat toys off the floor that are streen about, most normal for my lifing room floor, lol ) and dishes and counters are clean and clear, then give the main bath a  really quikie once over, counter sink and stool, mostly just close the shower doors, and straighten the rugs, then i presume it is presentable and clean for others.

i ask, cause once i went to a co workers house, ( a long time ago, ) and we were going to grab a sandwich or something, well, the kitchen table, had a crock pot on it, and was a aoml full of dirty dishes, and whatever was in the crock pot, wasn't going to come out with out hours of soaking, and I was not sure I wanted to eat anything there, that's just me, i guess, thing is she knew we were doing this, the day before, ?? wonder why she didn't clean up a little bit, i just had a diet coke, and a few chips, passed on anything else, and never went back......

Now another time, and another friend, we went to her house, she microwaved some home made soup, poured our diet coke into an ice filled gass, and buttered up some rolls for the soup, her house was spotless, as always, lol and she really made it seem to be a very pleasant lunch,.. She remained and is still a good friend to this day!! some people have so much to learn, or simply don't care, huh.........oh well, just a random thiought, but when i think about that girl, and I try not to often, ( we really didn't become good friends, ) lol i think of that flrlthy kitchen........yikes..........

some people just aren't good homemakers,but people that bash them think they are better

for me.if you show up unexpected don't expect a cordial welcome,yes you may have to do high hurdles to get past the den mess,you may find dishes in the sink,I can't stand for long periods,so it takes me longer to get things done,but did you come to see me or my house??

Happy Saturday, friends! Just a quick stop by before my sons baseball game. 

It's been one of those days that "tweaks" my nerves, I'll come back and share that whole thing later on! 

I hope you all are having a great day, and are feeling the wonder of Autumn!

~Rosie

Dropping in to say a quick hello this lovely Saturday afternoon! I'm spending my day cleaning, hopefully I can yarn this evening for a while. I got 2 sides of my DS's 'ghan done yesterday (I'm doing it in sides so I don't tangle the yarn, seems to be the only way it works for me!), and then I found my thread stash earlier! I gotta find a few hundred doily patterns now! *happy dance*

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and I shall see you all later :hugs for all

i wsn't really bashing anyone sorry if it came across that way, I i just thought, sheesh, why would you invite someone over, if you knew your place was a mess iand no, it is not something I would do at all, but how can one as a guest,  have an appetite seeing the condition the food may have been prepared in?  not for me, but  i, ididn' t mean to put her down, and you bet, I am a better housekeeper, but that doesn't make me a better person, ha ha. needless to say, i didn't become friends with her, but not for that reason, lol she was also a gossip, and a trouble maker,not to mention rude to our clients, and imcompetent in her job  and she  didn't last long on the job... okie dokie,

glad everone is having a good weekeend so far, we are thinking of sort of remodeling the craft room, just know it will be a lot of trouble, lol, but if he is willing to do the work, and the labor, and pay for it, lol, Ill think about it!! mainly, just extending a double closet, and putting up some shelving, and such, so we will see,. that is all, it's all in converstion now, the actual planning stage will come a little later,lol..

made a most delicious meat loaf, with ground beef, and groud sausage mixed together, onion, peppers,and salt and pepper, and wochester sauce and egg, and a little ranch dressing and mixed it up , and laid a few peices of bacon over the top, and that was really good, made a big one, so plenty of leftovers,peobably enough for a wole nother meal, we had baked potatoes with it, and a vegie,and i didn't get my cookies done today, but tomorrow is anothe day, it's a 3 ingredieent peanut butter chocolate chip cookie,well four ingredients, if you wanna count the choc chips, lol theyare just as good without them though. Just so happen to have some, so will probably use them... with a cold glass of milk, what else could you ask for, lol

that is tomorrows fun thing, lol and nothing much else planned for tomorrow,there is an arts and craft fair going on, but it's all the way in CO. Bluffs, ia, which is  only a 30 or 40 minute drive, but i don't think ill go, just not up to it, and have lots of things planned to do here anyway, but would love to see some of the booths, oh well,maybe next time!!

Hello everyone. I'm home again, it was a fun and tiring weekend but its a good tired. Yesterday was a fun Disney day and today it was church then out to lunch with the grandkids before I drove home. Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend.

well i finally decided toI  trim up tht ghan with another row or two, so pics soon, lol it is done!!   i also finished up on maggi's 12 [NCH squares, so hope to get those posted next week for her..   so cleaned up the craft room from those two projects, and sat a while, and tried to put another ghan together in my head, lol, but that is about all, cookies will wait till tomorrow, i suppose, busy day sort of today, but relaxing now.....hope all  of youare  having a real nice weekend, and enjoy your tomorrow!!

oh forgot to  show you my latest little project is cleaning up some more yarn balls, they just seem to never go away, here is a pic of my ball basket, ive been working, lol just sayin!!

post-40621-0-09323400-1444616978_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone.

ImmaFreek, sorry your hip is hurting hope it stops soon.

Katie, your making progress on those balls, the squares are very pretty.

Nothing exciting here, work and grocery shopping. I'm very tired today, I text my daughter and told her I have Disney lag, it's worse than jet lag.

Have a great evening!

hello :juggle humm, sorry about the hip pain, and don't know what could be causing it, do you?? hello to all else, thread has been quiet, hope all is well with everyone..

Nothing new here to say either, regular routine monday, windy day,. but clear and sunnsiney most of the day.. well, have put aside the ball basket, till it gets more in it lol, i ran it down pretty low the last few days, not much to chose from now, lol oh i should go in the other room and get that finished ghan, as i am changing sheets, but the light is so bad, it's dark here, so will probably wait till tomorrow, im getting anxious to see how it looks on camera,lol   I think she'll like it, Ill send her a  pic of it after  take a pic, so she can be the first to see it, then ill post for here, hows that????  Magie, i think i am posting out your package tomorrow,if all works out, now they are woking on the other end of the neighborhood, so i think i  can get out easier, ill message you when it is on it's way!! 

hope you had a ball carol!!

Happy Tuesday-after-a-long-weekend, folks!

I'm exhausted to say the very least-I stayed up to watch my Mets win last nights game, so I am happy, but sleepy. I have to wake my oldest kids up for school and work in a few, so I figured I'd pop in and see how everyone is doing! 

Immafreak-I really hope the hip pain subsides. Take care of yourself and rest it! 

Cshort-I hope you had the best time at Disney! I've never been there, but I hope someday to get there! 

Katyallen-WOW! You've made quick work of those skeins! Lovely job! 

So, my (soon to be) Ex is enjoying being a miserable man and giving my 14 year old a hard time about his grades-which my son is used to. But he told him he's not a good student because he's living with a horrible person who's a terrible mother. Sigh. Now that's the second of my sons who refuses to talk to or see him. He was going to see them on Saturday, but my daughter told him not to bother. She didn't want to see him either. (She's 19, and if she doesn't go, my 9 year old isn't going!)

My baseball team (I'm the coach/manager) for my 9 year old had a game on Saturday, we lost, but the kids all came off the field smiling and having fun-THAT is always my goal. Lord, those kids make my heart happy. Good boys-all 12 of them. 

Sunday, I had a drill with the engine company from my firehouse- (I'm a volunteer EMT with the town fire department) I was the only EMS member that showed up, but I learned with them, and had a blast. Good men. Later Sunday, the man I'm seeing took me out to watch the Giants game. I'm a Jets fan, but he watches and cheers for my teams so I watch his too.  

Yesterday was spent Pumpkin picking with the kids and my bf, we had hot cider donuts. OMGosh they are the most delicious things ever. I must find a good recipe. We got a TON of Pumpkins and little decorative gourds. Carving will be Friday evening along with roasted pumpkin seeds and Cider. 

Well, have to wake the first wave up. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

~Rosie

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday! Just dropping in say a hello and hope everyone is having a great start to their week :) I finally got the 4th side of that 'ghan done last night, soon I'm going to start the next round. (I'm loving this never ending granny square thing! I have problems changing yarns and ending rounds and starting new ones) Soon, from the looks of it, I will need to figure out how I'm going to edge it. Thinking maybe 2 rounds of hdc, done the normal way of actual rounds?

Hope your hip feels better soon sissy!

Wow Katy! You made quick work of those yarn balls! (So happy I proof read right now!)

Well, I'm off to start the rest of my day. Already got my son off to school and now I should probably go get my things together for my little class thing this afternoon. I'm doing an "Active Parenting" class with my son's school to learn different techniques for disciplining with out yelling and whatever. It's interesting, actually. And I ran into some old friends and team mates from softball! Well, off I go. Have a good day all :hugs !

I have no idea where last week went. It started and then it was gone. Fri we went to visit dh's cousins on Wichita and Mound Ridge KS which is about 5 hours away and we came back on Sun. We hadn't seen them for 7 years. Since we were gone for 2 nights we loaded up kitty's crate, litterbox, etc and left her with my sister. Dh's cousin felt the tremors from the earthquake in OK about 4 am Sat. I was awake and had even been up but being a bit wobbly and in unfamiliar surroundings I didn't pick up on it. Yesterday we set up the scaffolding and cleaned the chimney. Looks like we need to replace the stove pipe that is in the wall.

katy you do such a good job of keeping those balls of yarn under control. I wish I was a better housekeeper. I live on a gravel road and the dust is horrible. You can dust in the am and there will be more by afternoon. Then its awful hard to not track in grass and leaves unless people kick their shoes off at the door. Our biggest problem is we have too much stuff for our very small house. Dh built this place having only himself in mind living here. There is very little closet and storage space. I know I tend to be a hoarder. It doesn't help that I know if I need something I don't have on hand I will have to drive at least 10 but more likely 30 miles one way to get it. On the other hand I have been in people's homes that were so tidy and clean that I was uncomfortable because they looked like they were for show and not lived in. I jave been trying real hard to not bring more of anything home but when my aunt passed I couldn't refuse the yarn and her patterns and now I am trying to not bring home many of my dad's things.

post-40621-0-55213100-1444760372_thumb.jpgpost-40621-0-78386100-1444760387_thumb.jpgpost-40621-0-86227300-1444760450_thumb.jpgpost-40621-0-48588200-1444762222_thumb.jpg

here is the man ghan I completed, itss ize  measures aoubt45 by 48, plus the trim,. of 3 inches all around, and is made for a single hospital bed, for a man in extended care, He wanted it to fit across his bed, at the bottom, and go about half way up, the bottom half of him, gets cold!!  THis should fit the bill, it reaches all the way across width wize on my queen bed, and more than half way up my queen length wise, so I think that will be dandy.. I emailed a pic to my friend, and she thought it turned out deliciously warm, and cozy, so a happy camper, lol... Glad it's done, seemed i made a lot of the same colors of squares, and my personal favortite, is always COLORS, lol, but this 5 color ghan worked out well, and  turned out good in my mind and the mind of it's recipients!! Always stress over making something for my freinds, and until it's done, i worry if they will like it, lol             enjoy the pics, next ghn, is in the planning stages still, in my head, but there, none the less......

usedup at least six full skeins of yarn, plus a couple patials for the trim, and red and green squares, all in all, a stash buster, and a long time for me anyway, but made the dead line by a couple days, so that is good!!

the colos are all red heart, I used Aran -                            2+ sks.

Painted Desert variga.  3 +  sks

Cafe Latte                       2 +sks

Ranch Red                       a partial sk, about half or more sk. 

Med Thyme                      a partial sk, abouth half or more of a sk.

Coffee brown,                a big ball for the trim last row,,,,,,

gotta tell ya, looks pretty good on the botom of my bed, lol color wise of couse, h eh he, whod' a thought, huh, ...

GOes off with her tomorrow, to go to her hubby aftter that over the weekend, so i better not get too attatched to it, lol 

I have no idea where last week went. It started and then it was gone. Fri we went to visit dh's cousins on Wichita and Mound Ridge KS which is about 5 hours away and we came back on Sun. We hadn't seen them for 7 years. Since we were gone for 2 nights we loaded up kitty's crate, litterbox, etc and left her with my sister. Dh's cousin felt the tremors from the earthquake in OK about 4 am Sat. I was awake and had even been up but being a bit wobbly and in unfamiliar surroundings I didn't pick up on it. Yesterday we set up the scaffolding and cleaned the chimney. Looks like we need to replace the stove pipe that is in the wall.

katy you do such a good job of keeping those balls of yarn under control. I wish I was a better housekeeper. I live on a gravel road and the dust is horrible. You can dust in the am and there will be more by afternoon. Then its awful hard to not track in grass and leaves unless people kick their shoes off at the door. Our biggest problem is we have too much stuff for our very small house. Dh built this place having only himself in mind living here. There is very little closet and storage space. I know I tend to be a hoarder. It doesn't help that I know if I need something I don't have on hand I will have to drive at least 10 but more likely 30 miles one way to get it. On the other hand I have been in people's homes that were so tidy and clean that I was uncomfortable because they looked like they were for show and not lived in. I jave been trying real hard to not bring more of anything home but when my aunt passed I couldn't refuse the yarn and her patterns and now I am trying to not bring home many of my dad's things.

i dunno, daughter alwaya called me a neat freak, lol well if the dust cloth fits, dust with it, lol, dust was my problrm too for some years, livingm not far from a gravel road,m ight as well say gravel and dust road, so i know what that is like trust me, now with all this road work, going on, its becoming like that again, lol can't win, dust will always win bgs..... I just do the best I can, and dust when i can, all you can do, right....

as for leaving food out, or dishes dirty in the sink, (i don't have a dishwasher here, and dont need one either, as I thought it was a great waste of time, energy, and water, bck in the day, they were not as efficient as probably they are now, Im the dishwasher, lol works out ok with me, but i do like the sanitary-ness of the dishwashers, i think dishes get more sterilized in that hot water, and the steam than handwashing, so see, 6 of one, half dozen of another, lol )

the rest of the house, seems to stay presentable, and tidy, but i do clean the bathrooms at least a couple times a week, lol

all in all, whatever works for you, i say, tTake my freind now, she has always been scattered about cleaning and such, with great amounts of things on her counter, like bills, and mail, and stuff, but she doesn't cook much either, so I say, is at least clean, just cluttered, and to each his own, lool. I l ike things to be in their own place, for the most part in my house though.. My mom was a lay the bills here, and trhrow the papers there,and leave that tea or coffee cup on the talbe till the nex t day, or whenever  kind of person, and used to drive me nuts, lol, maybe that is were its coming from, i dunno.........

rosie i watched the mets and cards too last night, and although not a real fan of either team, i had to root for st. louis, only cause their uniforms looked brighter and cleaner, and that bright red cardinal  across the front, lolol See above post, do you think  neat freak is too mild a word for me

at!!ha ha ha, but was a good game, none the less,Ir really only watch when the world series are on, but nohting much else was on tv last night, lol          glad your team did good though@!! :clap

Archived