Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well its 630 and they have rolled up the tarps over the field at the K so it looks like they are going to play ball.

Exciting!! I've been watching KSHB since 6. Got my nails done Royal Blue With a baseball accent nail. Turning off the computer, heading to the couch with my yarn to watch the Royals win (Hopefully!) 

Hi all! Another quick check in so I can get to bed and head to grandmother's tomorrow to put her desk together and set up her internet. 

I didn't get any yarn fun in today... I just had no motivation. I thought of one thing to work on and then realized I didn't have any white cotton. So the little motivation I did have went right out the window! I literally did a big fat nothing day! I'm okay with it! 

Well cross your fingers that my grandmother is in a good mood and not mad at me for having lunch with my uncle! I'd really rather she not bring it up at all, but we'll see how that goes. But they have pumpkin ice cream at the local ice cream shop I love there so at least I'll get my favorite ice cream! 

I'll check back in tomorrow night depending on when we get back. I hope everyone is having a good week!  :)

I'm the same way lately, I'll start and stop something, then spend my whole free time bored and looking for something to make and I end up with nothing. It's like scrolling through Netflix and not finding anything to watch until I don't have time to watch anything...except with yarn. lol

Hope you have a good visit with your grandmother!

:waving Good morning everyone!!

bgs -- we finally got rain... and it is still misting... but I'm not complaining, we NEEDED it!! Although I feel so badly for the flooding I have seen on my newsfeed..

Everyone seems to be in a slump the last day or so... yep me too! But life keeps moving along and sometimes we just need to take some time to take care of ourselves a bit and then we can move along with it... :ghug  to EVERYONE!!

I have so much catching up to do in this house that I'm afraid it will never get done!! But a wise older lady told me one time that when you die all it will amount to is " Well she sure did keep a clean house!" ... :laughroll  And she was SOO right!! and another slogan that I like is " A clean house is the sign of a dull life!" So I do what I have to and then do what I can , and try to make time for my crochet or me time and try not to sweat it!! LOL!!

Today is another on the road day though... We live in the middle of nowhere - literally.. so anything we have to do we have to DRIVE to do... like today... I will pick DD up at school at 2:00 and drive 1 hour and 45 minutes to her dentist appointment.. Just the dentist- a quick run in Walmart while there to pick up some Red Heart (if they have the colors I need) and then back home but will stop by halfway home in time to join my little GS at his church Fall Festival before getting home and to bed... when all I really want to do is sit and crochet! :yes 

Hope all have a wonderful day and Happy Crocheting!!

yarn_ monkey hope all goes well with your grandmother and she doesn't pressure you to take sides as its between them. I'm having a hard time with projects too. I get them started and don't want to finish them.

That was an exhausting game last night for the players and the fans. At least its not raining today.

I have some projects that I have started and they do need finished. I can not get out of this hole I am in.

Just so much happening and going on that I don't want to even get out of bed.

Today it's raining and cold outside. I am not ready for the cold. I can't stand being cold. I am freezing all the time.

I even keep a portable heater under the table where I work to keep warm. I sleep with 4 quilts and a electric blanket. Plus my sheet....I am freezing freezing all the time. It's crazy. I even wore long sleeve in the summer...

Hope everyone is having a good day.

:waving Good morning everyone!!

bgs -- we finally got rain... and it is still misting... but I'm not complaining, we NEEDED it!! Although I feel so badly for the flooding I have seen on my newsfeed..

Everyone seems to be in a slump the last day or so... yep me too! But life keeps moving along and sometimes we just need to take some time to take care of ourselves a bit and then we can move along with it... :ghug to EVERYONE!!

I have so much catching up to do in this house that I'm afraid it will never get done!! But a wise older lady told me one time that when you die all it will amount to is " Well she sure did keep a clean house!" ... :laughroll And she was SOO right!! and another slogan that I like is " A clean house is the sign of a dull life!" So I do what I have to and then do what I can , and try to make time for my crochet or me time and try not to sweat it!! LOL!!

Today is another on the road day though... We live in the middle of nowhere - literally.. so anything we have to do we have to DRIVE to do... like today... I will pick DD up at school at 2:00 and drive 1 hour and 45 minutes to her dentist appointment.. Just the dentist- a quick run in Walmart while there to pick up some Red Heart (if they have the colors I need) and then back home but will stop by halfway home in time to join my little GS at his church Fall Festival before getting home and to bed... when all I really want to do is sit and crochet! :yes

Hope all have a wonderful day and Happy Crocheting!!

I can relate to the more housework than you can get done. Besides that I am trying to remember what I did with something I put in a "better" place while cleaning and reorganizing. Sometimes I tell people our zip code is eieio. The closest little town is 8 miles away. It has one grocery store but you can't rely on getting what you need there anymore. For the past year it usually looks like its closing any day. Usually when we get in the car we are looking at a 50 mile drive one way and we have to allow time for getting stuck behind farm equipment road work and accident slowdowns

I have some projects that I have started and they do need finished. I can not get out of this hole I am in.

Just so much happening and going on that I don't want to even get out of bed.

Today it's raining and cold outside. I am not ready for the cold. I can't stand being cold. I am freezing all the time.

I even keep a portable heater under the table where I work to keep warm. I sleep with 4 quilts and a electric blanket. Plus my sheet....I am freezing freezing all the time. It's crazy. I even wore long sleeve in the summer...

Hope everyone is having a good day.

I hope something good comes along and that you get back on track. Its awful to feel so cold. Some of that can be due to low iron leading to low hemoglobin. I am hoping you are ok in that department.

Hey, everybody, I am checking in. Let you know I am still here. I am doing good. Its raining here. And been pretty cool weather. Except today was warm. Yesterday we had the heater on. Today we had air condition on Weird huh!. That is the way it is sometime here. Hope everyone is doing good. Just want to drop by and say hello to everyone.  Love Arlene    :ghug

Hi everyone!

The weather here today was gray and dreary, we had some rain too. Not much going on here just the same stuff on a different day. Have a great evening everyone.

hi all, just a fly by to say hi, lol, game is on, 0-0 s  SOfar, sheesh, last nigts game went 14 innings, but our Royals pulled it out and won by 1 i think,,,,,,NIC JOB rOYALS!! I THINK BOTH  teams are doing a wondeful job, and let the best team win, huh..........lol later squares, don't wanna miss a thing!!

Hi everyone! I got some beautiful squares from Katy today, thank you!!!  :ty  :manyheart

attachicon.gifkaty.jpg

Hope everyone is okay and having a good day!  :ghug

Those are very pretty squares.

I'm attempting to upcycle/recycle a necktie into a little wrist purse/phone case. It's a challenge that the sewing guild group is doing for our meeting next week. We are each to upcycle a necktie or placemat into something else. Not much else going on here.

Snowbear you need to thank Mary Jo for the yarn over on the wishlist thank you thread and they don't use names there so we just use the term FGM (fairy god mother).

katy no game tonight. Its a travel day and it will take 4 wins out of 7 possible games for the champs. They have 3 games scheduled in NY and 2 more scheduled back in KC if it takes them all 7 games.

Whew! We didn't get home until after 11 last night so obviously I didn't make it back in here. We got my grandmother all set up and hooked up. The computer had 85 software updates so we got those started and then went out to get some dinner and when we came back it had them all downloaded and was installing update 13. Geez. So we made sure she knew how to get online and check her email and her eBay and then we left. We had to stop for my ice cream when we left and on the way there, (I was driving) I got pulled over for the first time ever and the officer said I was going 9 over the speed limit! I almost had a cow. I had my cruise control set at 3 over! I never speed down that road because it's dark and hilly (which is why I had the cruise set because you can really pick up speed on some of those hills) and very rural so there are animals. Plus I know when I was living there for school someone was trying to get their mail and was hit and killed. He asked me all the questions about what I was doing up there since I live 2+ hours away and where I was headed and all of that and finally let me go and just told me to get my speedometer calibrated. I can't even tell you how mad I was. We checked my speedometer with the GPS and it was spot on. The car is only 10 months old so I doubted it was wrong anyway. DH and I think he just ran my plates and saw I was from "the big city" and wanted to see what I was doing there. It's where I grew up and everyone there thinks that Richmond is just crime and drugs and murder. I'm just glad I didn't get a ticket!!  :yes I haven't had a ticket since I was 18 and in an accident and I've never been pulled over!

One of our friends decided last night that she's going to have a Halloween party on Saturday so I'm working on a minion hat tonight. All the ones I've seen that I liked are paid and I just can't justify buying a hat pattern that I should be able to figure out on my own. I've  :frog  :frog  a big portion of it twice but now I think I'm on the right track. I should have most of it done tonight and then put together tomorrow. 

Tomorrow DH and I have to go to the grocery store so I need to get my list together and then it's back to the minion hat. I hope everyone is having a good week so far!  :)

Archived