Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

katy I really enjoyed doing the birthdays as everyone got the chance to be special and because I could work ahead since we had the list with everyone's birthday. Hope the Royals win tonight. I am ready for the season to be over but realistically I was going to happy if they could just win one in NY and then win the series at home in game 6 on Tues. Can you believe the number of broken bats?

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!

Katy allen,, I hate to sound so silly, but reading over the first post, not sure if I really understand.. The last time I was doing this Sue was doing it and you were just coming aboard... We just had a list of everyones names and the kind of square they were collecting. Seems like now it's done differently, so could you explain to me the way its done now. what is the birthday squares and what is the biggest square? It is still an awesome place though and would like to be a part. Thank you!

Hi everyone!

Katy allen,, I hate to sound so silly, but reading over the first post, not sure if I really understand.. The last time I was doing this Sue was doing it and you were just coming aboard... We just had a list of everyones names and the kind of square they were collecting. Seems like now it's done differently, so could you explain to me the way its done now. what is the birthday squares and what is the biggest square? It is still an awesome place though and would like to be a part. Thank you!

Until this year we did Biggest Square. Katie would draw a name at the end of the month and that person was Biggest square for the following month. There was a list in the first post of who wanted what sort of squares and we'd have a new Biggest square every month. This year we did birthday squares and whoever had a birthday in the particular month got the squares that month. I hope that makes sense.  :)

DH and I had a Halloween party to go to last night. We had a pretty good number of trick or treaters before we left around 7:30 and then it seemed to die out, so we headed on to the party. I noticed that most of the houses on our street had already cut their porch lights off so I guess everyone figured they'd just skip our street. DH was wearing a Batman mask (we love dressing up for the trick or treaters) and one little girl said "look mommy! A kitty cat!"  :lol One little boy, not much older than Peanut, face planted into the railing coming up our stairs. Fortunately he was more scared than hurt and a Reese cup made him feel all better. 

Today we woke up late and went to the movies with some friends and had burgers for dinner. I'm not sure what we'll get into tomorrow but I'm sure I'll come up with something. I need to get started on the stocking swap, lots of planning to do, so I might work on that. 

I hope everyone had a good weekend!  :skeleton

What a comeback! Way to go KC

Michelle we still have the list and you can send to anyone on the list you want. katy came up with the idea of biggest square where she would draw a name and we would focus on sending to that person hoping we could get some ghans completed. It also helped keep me focused because if I did not crochet anything else that month I made squares for our Biggest. After a few years everyone collecting squares had been a Biggest Square. This year we focused on people in their birthday month and included those that send squares but not collecting squares(by sending them at least a birthday card)

But who you send to and what is up to you. Also so sorry about the news on your FIL. My dad passed away from cancer Sept 1 and my mom passed away from cancer 22 years ago so I understand that how am I going to get through this again feeling. We will be here for you.

Good morning all! I'm meeting a girlfriend this weekend for some Fall type baking. We meet up to do Christmas baking but we both love pumpkin so much we decided to start a Fall baking day too. lol Hope you all have a great day! 

Hi folks!

Sorry I've been MIA! My son spilled orangina on my laptop, then my boyfriends dad passed away suddenly on 10/23, so along with an upcoming court date to prepare for, I had funeral stuff to do, and no way to get online!! 

Congratulations to Royals fans, last night turned into a great sudden win for you all! Matt Harvey lost the game for us. I'm disappointed, but heck-We have a great team, and next year to look forward to. I just wish even ONE of my teams could have pulled off a win! Jets, Mets, Islanders, Packers and even my bf's Giants all lost. (Although I'm actually a Saints fan, I wanted him to have a reason to smile. )

I've been slowly working on the afghan, but with such a bust 2 weeks behind me, I've been missing my hooking time. I'll get back to it later on, after laundry and vacuuming. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful monday! 

How about them Royals? What a 9th inning comeback! The fireworks were going crazy after that 12th inning was finally over! So awesome! Now I can finally wash my shirt I've wore all series. While I'm super happy that the Royals won, I am super proud of the Mets too. What a team! Hard team to beat! 

Yesterday went to church.

Came home fed the pups then did dishes and got someting to eat.

Toilet in down stairs bathroom has a leak. So hubby and I ripped the toilet up cleaned all the wax off and replaced it. Tore up the carpet around the toilet. The leak is fixed. Then daughter fixed lunch and we ate. Cleaned counters off and did more dishes and vaccumed the floors. Washed laundry and cut hubby's hair.. Dog sitted for a friend for 9 hours.

Back up this morning and it's raining. YUCK!!!

Thank you Nikki and bgs for explaining!! Sounds so much fun!!

Michelle we still have the list and you can send to anyone on the list you want. katy came up with the idea of biggest square where she would draw a name and we would focus on sending to that person hoping we could get some ghans completed. It also helped keep me focused because if I did not crochet anything else that month I made squares for our Biggest. After a few years everyone collecting squares had been a Biggest Square. This year we focused on people in their birthday month and included those that send squares but not collecting squares(by sending them at least a birthday card)
But who you send to and what is up to you. Also so sorry about the news on your FIL. My dad passed away from cancer Sept 1 and my mom passed away from cancer 22 years ago so I understand that how am I going to get through this again feeling. We will be here for you. and thank you Brenda for your compassion and prayers!! Our sorrows do help us know how to comfort others better, do they not?

Yesterday went to church.
Came home fed the pups then did dishes and got someting to eat.
Toilet in down stairs bathroom has a leak. So hubby and I ripped the toilet up cleaned all the wax off and replaced it. Tore up the carpet around the toilet. The leak is fixed. Then daughter fixed lunch and we ate. Cleaned counters off and did more dishes and vaccumed the floors. Washed laundry and cut hubby's hair.. Dog sitted for a friend for 9 hours.
Back up this morning and it's raining. YUCK!!!     Ohhh but owlvamp!! look how much you got accomplished!!!!  :clap :clap :)

katyallen, I think it would be fun to be back in again!! only I need to wait until after the first of the year to actually send out... get a little of this other stuff behind me right now as I am also in the stocking swap... I will send you all my info tonight hopefully cause Im fixing to leave to go get DD at school!!

Happy Crocheting!!

katyallen, I think it would be fun to be back in again!! only I need to wait until after the first of the year to actually send out... get a little of this other stuff behind me right now as I am also in the stocking swap... I will send you all my info tonight hopefully cause Im fixing to leave to go get DD at school!!

Happy Crocheting!!

No worries you don't even have to send out to be on the receiving list.  Many people go in spurts depending on their life issues and I know you are going to have a lot on your plate. No  matter how bad it gets please check in with us because we will be thinking about you and hoping all is well if you go mia.   I forgot to mention that katy does not send out an entire list with addresses on it.  We now contact each other through pm's for addresses and that makes it much easier for katy.  Also the people in charge of Crochetville do not want us sending out address lists.  I have contacted katy in the past to verify an old address I had or to request an address of someone that was taking a long time to respond to my request in a pm.  

All right looks like I am back in business.  Last week I couldn't post from this computer.  I could get here but not post.  All I was getting was a plain box and all the little icons at the top were missing.  

I never went to sleep last night.   I got too wound up watching the game so I stayed up and put away my Halloween things and got my Thanksgiving stuff out.  My back and knee still ache from Sat.  My sisters and I worked on cleaning out my dad's garage.  Not sure if he would be considered a hoarder as he kept all kinds of things to take apart and sell for scrap and he knew how to pack the most stuff possible in any size space.  I kind of feel like the Royals cheated me out of Halloween again this year but at least they won this time.  Didn't get to watch my Halloween shows or make to the house up town that goes all out decorating because dh wanted to watch the games.  I better get moving or I might nod off.  

:cat

wow losts t comment on, yes, I agree, both teams were in superb playing abilities, and did a fine job, bats broken lots, errors missing balls, and bases, lots, but still what a game huh!!!!

second, thankyou Benda and nikki, and hearsshey, if you have any more questions, pm me, but those two, covered it pretty well, i was just going to mention, I have most addresses, but don't give them out usually unless there is some sort of request. or inquiry from one of our members, but other than that,    what they said, ditto!!!

Owl, im tired already, just reading all you accomplished, my daily list, would not be that productive,Im sure, lol unless make bed, eat breakfast, sit in chair, chochet,  vacuum, crochet, answer phone, answer door,do dishes,  fix and eat lunch, accounts for calorie burning chores, lol    

I'm good either way on how we do the squares going forward for next yar! :)thanks jess, your vote counts!!

ok, thanks brenda, your vote too is in...

Until this year we did Biggest Square. Katie would draw a name at the end of the month and that person was Biggest square for the following month. There was a list in the first post of who wanted what sort of squares and we'd have a new Biggest square every month. This year we did birthday squares and whoever had a birthday in the particular month got the squares that month. I hope that makes sense.  :)

DH and I had a Halloween party to go to last night. We had a pretty good number of trick or treaters before we left around 7:30 and then it seemed to die out, so we headed on to the party. I noticed that most of the houses on our street had already cut their porch lights off so I guess everyone figured they'd just skip our street. DH was wearing a Batman mask (we love dressing up for the trick or treaters) and one little girl said "look mommy! A kitty cat!"  :lol One little boy, not much older than Peanut, face planted into the railing coming up our stairs. Fortunately he was more scared than hurt and a Reese cup made him feel all better. 

Today we woke up late and went to the movies with some friends and had burgers for dinner. I'm not sure what we'll get into tomorrow but I'm sure I'll come up with something. I need to get started on the stocking swap, lots of planning to do, so I might work on that. 

I hope everyone had a good weekend!  :skeleton

you always seen to have so much fun!!!

But who you send to and what is up to you. Also so sorry about the news on your FIL. My dad passed away from cancer Sept 1 and my mom passed away from cancer 22 years ago so I understand that how am I going to get through this again feeling. We will be here for you.

I too, have been an "orphan" both parents gone, and I still miss them, we are here,  prayers going up..

Good morning all! I'm meeting a girlfriend this weekend for some Fall type baking. We meet up to do Christmas baking but we both love pumpkin so much we decided to start a Fall baking day too. lol Hope you all have a great day! 

ohhh food fun, i lke that!!!

Congrats to the KC Royals

really !!,there were so many bats broken,things just aren't made like they used to be

Either that or those boys are hitting way too hard, ha h ha....

Hi folks!

Sorry I've been MIA! My son spilled orangina on my laptop, then my boyfriends dad passed away suddenly on 10/23, so along with an upcoming court date to prepare for, I had funeral stuff to do, and no way to get online!! 

Congratulations to Royals fans, last night turned into a great sudden win for you all! Matt Harvey lost the game for us. I'm disappointed, but heck-We have a great team, and next year to look forward to. I just wish even ONE of my teams could have pulled off a win! Jets, Mets, Islanders, Packers and even my bf's Giants all lost. (Although I'm actually a Saints fan, I wanted him to have a reason to smile. )

I've been slowly working on the afghan, but with such a bust 2 weeks behind me, I've been missing my hooking time. I'll get back to it later on, after laundry and vacuuming. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful monday! 

aw sowwy bout the orange mishap, na yeah,you'd think ONE of those teams would hav won, lol

you think if I phoned someone, they would route that parade through omaha??????? lolol

Happy Crocheting!!

All right looks like I am back in business.  Last week I couldn't post from this computer.  I could get here but not post.  All I was getting was a plain

we start off watching together, but one, ususally him always falls asleep before the end, not last nite though, and when the win came, fireworks went off here too, for a while!! Omaha has always held a spot in her heart for your KC Royals!!

ok, am i caught up.... so far it's leaning towards birthday squares again, but all votes are not in yet.

so far here today, gathering up stuff for my next sat donation for the homeless shelter, not as much as usualy so will supllement it with a couple store bought things, as this allergy season, has taken it's tole on me, and my supply o keleenex, not to mention, Musinex, cough lozenges, orange juice,  and a vast array of pills, and such too!!

But i will still have a donation, of some warm winter wear, some other little things. and waht ever i think of in the mean time......lol

that is of course the first sat, of the month, so I have a few more days...... 

I dind't sleep well either last night, too ramped up from the game, that'll teach me, but i wouldn't have missed it for anything..

So draggy today, like i said, spent some time in the craft room sorting and boxing up some stuff, and then took a break, went to the store,  ame back with Maxie's treats, Heaven forbid we run out for ONE DAY, sheesh......

he is so spoiled, that cat, gotta love him though you know...... :cat  :cat allfor now ladies and lurkers alike, lol     till tomorrow then, with that series under our belt, Im afraid it's gonna be  bit boring for tv tonight, ha ha.......

wow i had a post, answering everyione, and tried to post and it came back, i exceeded the limit on too many quoted boxes asnsered, ok well, so I dleted some of them, till it took it, so if you are looking for the answer to your post, you're gonna have to read through all this post, cause it won't let me post that many, lol    

ah, well, time for something else now, so i will say goodnight to all, and to all, a good night.and to all those that need prayers for hard time, and struggles,losses, and sickness and or injuries,  consider it done...... :manyheart  :yes

I'm doing ok I guess. Struggling with some serious downs from time to time but nothing that won't resolve itself. Seems like the further along I get the harder it is to deal without my medicine. Nothing life altering or threatening, just slight depression and sudden onset anxiety. But, I cry it out, and "pull up my big girl panties " and get on with my life.

I've been trying to crochet but nothing seems to look right so I just put it down and leave it. Eventually something I do will look right and will actually get finished.

I'm doing ok I guess. Struggling with some serious downs from time to time but nothing that won't resolve itself. Seems like the further along I get the harder it is to deal without my medicine. Nothing life altering or threatening, just slight depression and sudden onset anxiety. But, I cry it out, and "pull up my big girl panties " and get on with my life.

I've been trying to crochet but nothing seems to look right so I just put it down and leave it. Eventually something I do will look right and will actually get finished.

That is really tough to deal with, I hope it gets better for you! I finally had to cry uncle and get on something. You can only be postpartum so long before people start saying...but your youngest is 4? LOL I'll be thinking about you!  :hug

Hope the hookin' mojo comes back soon! I can't stand when that happens!!!  :no

Okay so I FINALLY got out my squares to see what I had and how many I might need to finish things up...looks like I just need to make one square, thank you ladies so much!!! 

post-50331-0-27948700-1446515961_thumb.jpg

Now I just need to get off my hook and put everything together...I was thinking to put a border around each square, then put them together to make it bigger. What do you think? White? Black? Suggestions?

:ghug Other than your emotions everthing is still okay?  I kind of lost track on how far along you are but keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. 

oh poor Lacey, hang in there girl, it's worth it!! Do you know the sex of the baby, or did you say, and i mised it???/ How much more to go, doy ou have a delivery est. yet??

Don't forget to change your clocks back an hour. Just reminding you all. OK. :)

oh gosh, started that last week, ha ha, as I have a great collection of them, so have to start early, lol, seriously, i only do the ones I use most often, but that in itself, seems like a lot, lol   

Carol, Linda, how are you both??? and Viking, if you are lurking out there somewhere, please come in and visit us, we miss you, and your cute stories about little viking!!!!! how old is he now, it he is school, i think that he might be, but don't know what grade.  ...

Snow bear, saw your pics, you do beautiful flowers! If you wanted to give them a home, Im sure your local nursing homes would be thilled to add them to thier "prizes" when they play bingo and such, i do a lot of that myself... they love little trinkets...

Justaddglitter, that is some ghan, I am so happy for you, being that close to assembly!!!!!! I hope you're doing another one, lol, as we want you to stick around for more squares!!! that is really brigh, and will cheer up any one that gets it!! wow, so pretty, i love all the colors!! you could really use about any color that is in the ghan, or a contasting one for interest, anyway you put it together, will be wonderful, trust me!! i hope to see another pic, when completed. FOr me, the hard part is not really in the making, or the ends, or the layout, it's 

dum dum dum,,,,, the border......sigh....but i work through it, one stitch at a time, and pretty soon, wala, tis ready for it's new owner!!!

Okay so I FINALLY got out my squares to see what I had and how many I might need to finish things up...looks like I just need to make one square, thank you ladies so much!!! 

attachicon.giffriendshipquilt.jpg

Now I just need to get off my hook and put everything together...I was thinking to put a border around each square, then put them together to make it bigger. What do you think? White? Black? Suggestions?

I love that pretty aqua one, and I see mine too, that is going to be a stunner!

ImmaFreek hope you feel better. How much further do you have to go? What are you having boy or girl or maybe both? LOL I always wanted twins but never got them. I can wish them on everyone else. But it hasn't happened yet. I do hope and pray it will be over soon. Take care of yourself.

Archived