Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

LOL, then you would LOVE my kitchen!!! It is full of yellow and white and green, with LOTS of SUNFLOWERS!!! I think kitchens should be yellow as well!!!

Oooo, I agree - yellow is such a fresh pretty color for a kitchen.

Got 4 puffies out today. So glad to have them winging their way to their new homes.

I went through some boxes and tubs and found soooo many little bits of yarn. I've started to make scrap squares. I hope and pray no one would be offended if they got one. I'm trying to put the colors together in a ROY G. BIV style so they will be really colorful. If you don't want a scrap square - speak now or forever hold your hook.

Well off to the magical land of Laundry Mountain. Where elves wash your clothes in mountain streams and pixies fly them through the air to dry them. Oh and don't Forget the gnomes that dutifully fold the clothes and put them away. :2magic NOT!

post-58472-135897772502_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice eye candy everyone!! The scrap ones are beautiful~ Welcome back crochetlady2012! Skoggy, great news on the win!! someone looking out for ya~! happy hookin ladies, oh, CIndy, your remaining needed 6 inchers went out this am!!!!!!! so head up Darlin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just pm'd Katie - I'm in! :D

I also agree that yellow is a good kitchen colour. My mom redid their kitchen in yellow and white and it's beautiful. Our master bedroom is yellow - we kept it the same color as the last place, because we couldn't think of anything we liked better. So nice to wake up to that sunny shade ... er... hue!

Bubbe, those scrap squares are awesome. I think I used that same blue variegated to make a unicorn!

Just pm'd Katie - I'm in! :D

I also agree that yellow is a good kitchen colour. My mom redid their kitchen in yellow and white and it's beautiful. Our master bedroom is yellow - we kept it the same color as the last place, because we couldn't think of anything we liked better. So nice to wake up to that sunny shade ... er... hue!

Bubbe, those scrap squares are awesome. I think I used that same blue variegated to make a unicorn!

welcome to our group

Got 4 puffies out today. So glad to have them winging their way to their new homes.

I went through some boxes and tubs and found soooo many little bits of yarn. I've started to make scrap squares. I hope and pray no one would be offended if they got one. I'm trying to put the colors together in a ROY G. BIV style so they will be really colorful. If you don't want a scrap square - speak now or forever hold your hook.

Well off to the magical land of Laundry Mountain. Where elves wash your clothes in mountain streams and pixies fly them through the air to dry them. Oh and don't Forget the gnomes that dutifully fold the clothes and put them away. :2magic NOT!

oh,when I saw your squares ,my eyes lite up,I really like them

Oh my I needed a big smile today and you gave me one! LOL

kuddles

Hi ladies. Welcome VikingRunner. This is the best group.

Great going on winning first prize Emma! What a prize!

My kitchen in my old house was yellow as well. So cheery. My new one is all wood and slate. Complete with wooden blinds. I may have to hunt down some yellow thread and make some filet curtains.

Most exciting thing for me this week would be the kids Book Week Parade. My boy in grade 1 had to dress in green and gold to support our Aussies at the Olympics. My girl in grade 3 dressed as a granny from a book her class is reading. I sprinkled flour in her dark hair to make it grey, but by the parade most of it had rubbed off because of her hat. My girl in grade 5 was just a girl in a book her class is reading. I had to buy her a new dress as she has grown so much since last summer. Then my boy in grade 6 was dressed as wolverine/Logan. Complete with Jeans, white singlet and mad hairstyle. He looked brilliant. My boy hates any type of attention and wouldn't take his jumper off to walk up the catwalk :D So the effect was kind of ruined. It was a good day.

Today I am going to and art show my little nephew's Pre-school is putting on as a fundraiser. We buy the kids works of art for a couple of dollars. Then I'm coming home to work on my filet swap project.

Bgs

thank you for my two squares,I think thats my first heart square and the other one is a new to me square:hug

You are welcome. I am so glad they made it safely. The "other one" is the trebling granny square pattern found here at Crochetville.

Hi everyone! well Im back from a 5 day vacation in Branson, and I have missed you guys soooooo much, not having internet and all. Ill have to read back on all the posts that I missed in a while, but for now I must get the children fed and put to bed.

Glad so many of you agree about yellow kitchens and just yellow being a happy color.

Oh wow, I wish I LIVED in Laundry Mountain!! That sounds absolutely wonderful!! :)

If anyone finds this wonderful place, please please let us all know!!

VikingRunnerGirl is in!! according to her pm, she would like, well here... Ill just quote her,

"Let's see, color would be something blue or green in each square, but any other colors along *with* those are fine too!

Weight = worsted, any material. Except... except Red Heart SS solids. I just... it's too rough, and though the variegateds have beautiful colors, the solids aren't nice enough to put up with the texture.

Any size!"

We're glad your here! Welcome to the group!!! :cheer

Good morning all! I am off to Stitches Midwest this morning, without child! Woot! Can't wait to touch all the yarn in the over 300 vendor booths!

Probably can't afford to buy anything but it's fun to look!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Wow! Looky looky what I received! Been to the PO to mail Pineknott's & aussie Paula's puffies and there it lay waiting for me in my post box. A puffy from Katie. No less than 6 squares. Thank you so much , Katie, they are darling!:hug

post-61734-135897772587_thumb.jpg

Good morning all! I am off to Stitches Midwest this morning, without child! Woot! Can't wait to touch all the yarn in the over 300 vendor booths!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Lucky you! Have a fun day.

Good morning ladies!! Headed to the PO to send out a few puffies. If it doesn't seem like they are your squares - wrong size, color, etc... just let me know. I have had a terrible TERRIBLE migraine all morning and wasn't quite with it when I was putting the puffies together. Doing too many things at once.. Sooo if you get what seems to be the wrong puffy, let me know. :) If it's the wrong square, but will work with what you're making, it's yours to keep and I'll replace others. :)

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Jealous!! Have a great time! Take pictures! Never been to a crochet event like that before - definitely want to go to one. Let's see what it's like!

Well off to the magical land of Laundry Mountain. Where elves wash your clothes in mountain streams and pixies fly them through the ir to dry them. Oh and don't Forget the gnomes that dutifully fold the clothes and put them away. :2magic NOT!

I think they're beautiful!

Congrats, Emma, that's pretty awesome!

Welcome VikingRunnerGirl!

Wow! Looky looky what I received! Been to the PO to mail Pineknott's & aussie Paula's puffies and there it lay waiting for me in my post box. A puffy from Katie. No less than 6 squares. Thank you so much , Katie, they are darling!:hug

These are lovely, bright and cheery :)

Now your ruined the fun!!! I was gonna tell you when the elves, pixies and gnomes got done at your house, send them my way!!!

Hey all, I'm back! The show was VERY geared towards knitting.......but I did meet our own Amy at the Crochetville booth and stopped at the Crochet Dude's booth although didn't speak with him. I did buy 4 skeins of yarn at the Red Heart booth which was with the Crochetville booth......

But it was fun! If I knit as well, I would have been in heaven even more! LOTS of purdy yarn!

Well, gotta get ready for a family party next that is tonite.......

Later!

kuddles

wow exciting stuff going on here! Glad you liked the squares Karin, didn't think they would get there that fast!!

And yarn in booths, make my heart pound faster, lol glad you had fun kuddles!

No gnomes, or elves, or pixies here, wonder how you get one of them, do they take orders for them??

Cooler day, out and about today, will return later!! have a great day!

Guess what friends??

We went house hunting again today... and we didn't find a house. WE FOUND TWO!! I don't even need to tell you guys how excited we are! The realtor is working on an offer for our favorite house as we speak... type? Read? Either way, we are super happy! Today was a much more successful house hunting day! So much happier to end the day with two possible houses instead of looking at 9 and not liking any. Just so great!

Just wanted to share the great news! :)

Archived