Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Waiting to hear if the 2 I've sent Linda have reached her yet. :)

Just wanted people to know that I am NO LONGER collecting squares for my girls afghans, apart from the 3 people who have said they'd send the finishing ones I need. If people want to send me a squares I am now collecting for myself (doesn't happen often that I do something for myself). I looking for 8" squares in browns, tans and creams for my "Chocco-ghan". :cheer

Skoggy, mine were on their way a few days ago,to finish up the girls', so expect them soon.. and I did list on the first post of this thread (after we communicated on the subject, )your new preferences, so everyone be sure to check at least weekly here, (clickable link to the first post for updates and changes thanks!) :manyheart as all changes or preferences and member status will be posted there first. thanks again....

and its still early in the month to get those pledges made and out, so don't wear your fingers out, plenty of time left! Good job to everyone that has already done so!:clap

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woot! I'll be stalking the mail lady!! :) Thanks! Have you received your replacements?? The carnival glass is gorgeous! Nicely done!

Don't stalk her just yet! I don't have any moolah for envelopes or postage right now. I'll let you know when they finally start their journey in your direction.

Waiting to hear if the 2 I've sent Linda have reached her yet. :)

Just wanted people to know that I am NO LONGER collecting squares for my girls afghans, apart from the 3 people who have said they'd send the finishing ones I need. If people want to send me a squares I am now collecting for myself (doesn't happen often that I do something for myself). I looking for 8" squares in browns, tans and creams for my "Chocco-ghan". :cheer

not yet,I'll be on the lookout now and let you know when they arrive

I recieved my second square from Katie today. This one only took 9 days to reach me! Thanks Katie!! The colour is gorgeous. I need to finish my crochet pledges/swap so I can keep bordering and start joining. I brought two more balls of black yarn yesterday cause I am itching to start putting this together.

With all the squares I have received this month and the two making their way to me now, I feel like birthday month (Sep) has come early!

post-26847-135897773583_thumb.jpg

Well Hello!

Moved my computer to a better set up so you should see me more often on here instead of me just lurking on my phone! :D I have some squares done and have pm'd for addys. Gonna try and hit the PO on Friday morning!

Kutie Katie sent me squares!

I'm at a new location for work and never updated my new address so they were over at the old location for a day or two...sorry Katie!

Just got them, four, yes four cotton squares that are wonderful!

I'm at work so no pic but just wanted to give Katie a HUGE thank you!

You made my day honey!

kuddles

Well, all the paperwork for the new house has begun. We are so excited to be buying our first home, but this is crazy. I knew there would be a TON of stuff to sign... but geesh, I didn't think there would be this much. We have signed over 120 pages just in the last two days. I'm waiting for a new packet to show up in my email for me to sign now, too.

At first, it was kind of fun to sign everything - because I haven't needed to sign my new married name much. So it was like a grown up way of doodling my crush's name on a notebook. But now... I'm already over the whole thing. I've told DH that if he will take care of reading the paperwork, making sure there's nothing too crazy in there, and just tell me where to sign... then I will deal with all the decorating, painting, changing flooring, arranging furniture, and unpacking once we are actually in the house. He seemed to think it was a good deal. Haha.

It's just so overwhelming.

That all being said, I hate to say it, but puffies may be few and far between for me for a bit. Between the downpayment and the closing costs... we will be pretty tight for a few months. After that though, you all better keep an eye on the mail boxes!! Because I'm not going to stop making squares... so I will have a ton of them to send out once we are in the house!! :)

Hope everyone is having a great day today! :)

I recieved my second square from Katie today. This one only took 9 days to reach me! Thanks Katie!! The colour is gorgeous. I need to finish my crochet pledges/swap so I can keep bordering and start joining. I brought two more balls of black yarn yesterday cause I am itching to start putting this together.

With all the squares I have received this month and the two making their way to me now, I feel like birthday month (Sep) has come early!

oooh my that one got there quick, must have had some good contacts!! I'ts lightish blue,and only looks gray, lol just for the record....

Well Hello!

Moved my computer to a better set up so you should see me more often on here instead of me just lurking on my phone! :D I have some squares done and have pm'd for addys. Gonna try and hit the PO on Friday morning!

Yay!! good for you!! Got your own nook now!!

Kutie Katie sent me squares!

I'm at a new location for work and never updated my new address so they were over at the old location for a day or two...sorry Katie!

Just got them, four, yes four cotton squares that are wonderful!

I'm at work so no pic but just wanted to give Katie a HUGE thank you!

You made my day honey!

kuddles

Oh ack, thought i had the current addy, so sorry, but glad they reached you!!

Well, all the paperwork for the new house has begun. We are so excited to be buying our first home, but this is crazy. I knew there would be a TON of stuff to sign... but geesh, I didn't think there would be this much. We have signed over 120 pages just in the last two days. I'm waiting for a new packet to show up in my email for me to sign now, too.

At first, it was kind of fun to sign everything - because I haven't needed to sign my new married name much. So it was like a grown up way of doodling my crush's name on a notebook. But now... I'm already over the whole thing. I've told DH that if he will take care of reading the paperwork, making sure there's nothing too crazy in there, and just tell me where to sign... then I will deal with all the decorating, painting, changing flooring, arranging furniture, and unpacking once we are actually in the house. He seemed to think it was a good deal. Haha.

It's just so overwhelming.

That all being said, I hate to say it, but puffies may be few and far between for me for a bit. Between the downpayment and the closing costs... we will be pretty tight for a few months. After that though, you all better keep an eye on the mail boxes!! Because I'm not going to stop making squares... so I will have a ton of them to send out once we are in the house!! :)

Hope everyone is having a great day today! :)

don't worry about squares, we'll be fine, but concentrate on moving and your new home!!! We'll see you when you get settled!!! Oh and those packets of papers you are signing, uh huh, know all about them, used to put them together and mail um out!! lol small world! Make sure you get a home inspection, or better yet, they do it!! it's just good sense!

Congrats, Kim! The paperwork for a new house is crazy, isn't it?? I'm glad everything's going well for you guys. What an exciting time! :D

i DITTO dat!!

Good morning everyone! I couldn't sleep and stood up early this morning, loaded the washing machine and started cleaning. Now I'm sitting in a nice fresh smelling house with the washing on the line, drying in the sun. Its a beautiful day here where I live, hard to believe it is still winter. I opened my windows and the fresh air and sunlight is streaming in. Love it. Hope everyone will have a awesome and happy day.:manyheart

Good morning all...

What great news Kim, that is awesome...Know you're on pins and needles just waiting for the closing...And now for the latest...I was able to hitch a ride to the PO yesterday and got Pineknott's pledged squares out...Checked my box on way home and to my surprise there was a package from Kerin (Kriekie)...It had beautiful stamps on it and contained two gorgeous squares...One was a lovely orange flowered square and the other a yummy brown and green (chocolate mint) square...Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...

Thank you to our kind leader, Katy, for the squares I received in the mail today. She has made the "leftover" squares needed for my daughters ghans. :hug They are lovely. I'll post a pic when I can.

Now thats totally it! I've received address requests from the other 2 people sending squares for little'uns ghans and thats no more flowery or baby squares for me. I'm going to finished this baby round ripple I'm doing and then its on with putting the ghans together... so watch this space. :cheer

Then its Chocco-ghan ahoy!!!! :lol

Afternoon! I'm taking a short break from making squares while I finish up my cotton ghan. I have 28 of the 49 squares together, so only a few more days until it's done. I'll share pics when it's done. Emma, I can't wait to see your finished ghans.

Good morning everyone! I couldn't sleep and stood up early this morning, loaded the washing machine and started cleaning. Now I'm sitting in a nice fresh smelling house with the washing on the line, drying in the sun. Its a beautiful day here where I live, hard to believe it is still winter. I opened my windows and the fresh air and sunlight is streaming in. Love it. Hope everyone will have a awesome and happy day.:manyheart

What a delightful day, I love to sit outside on nice mornings on the deck, saw a mama wild turkey and her four baby for three mornings in a row, lol Hope she watches out for cats, and foxes though, or no more little ones!

Thank you to our kind leader, Katy, for the squares I received in the mail today. She has made the "leftover" squares needed for my daughters ghans. :hug They are lovely. I'll post a pic when I can.

Now thats totally it! I've received address requests from the other 2 people sending squares for little'uns ghans and thats no more flowery or baby squares for me. I'm going to finished this baby round ripple I'm doing and then its on with putting the ghans together... so watch this space. :cheer

Then its Chocco-ghan ahoy!!!! :lol

ha, excellent emma, so glad you got all your squares! I loved being a "hero" and thinking of starting a hero list, lol me and mrsMckee I think, and someone else, so far on the list, and when we need a hero, one will pop up again! Looking forward to seeing the finished pieces!!

Afternoon! I'm taking a short break from making squares while I finish up my cotton ghan. I have 28 of the 49 squares together, so only a few more days until it's done. I'll share pics when it's done. Emma, I can't wait to see your finished ghans.

wow, no kidding, Im very interested in seeing it, being all cotton, as I am wanting to try one, so many questions for you, and looking forward to seeing it!!

I recd 2 sqs yesterday all the way from South Africa. Thank You

Oh how nice, we all know who was the sender, lol as we only have one from S. Africa, so far! Thank you for posting a thank you!! :hug

well, brunch started here at 9, and it was 130 till the last guest left, (lol my sister stayed on a while, and visited!) Went well, they loved the food, and the cake and had a very nice time....

Now, back to the crochet room, have missed my hook desperately!! Time to feel the yarn again, in my hands, ohhhhh and the best part too, one of the gals (regulars) brought me TWO BAGS of yarn, and some thread too!!!!!! wow........I was i seventh heaven!! Can't wait to go through it, and see what is what!!!!!!!! Took all my will power not to excuse myself from the table, and go look at the yarn!! lol Mid bite, yet! but i didn't! And another reg. brought me a memo pad, with a bunny tangled up in all colors of yarn balls!! It's going in the craft room, near the phone!

GLad to see everyone's doing well, and hooking along, we still have time, and I have pledged Pineknott two more squares!!!!!! Both orange! LOL JUST KIDDING LINDA!!!!!! so time to get busy!!!!!!!! The yarn be a calling!!!

Just a quick hello, been so crabby all day! At least I was at work while I was and the boss was mostly out. Otherwise he might not still be alive!

I started (barely) the owl cardigan by the Hook Hound last nite....for my DD. Trying to make it small enough from the ladies size small.....down two hook sizes......

Well, I better get ready for our nightly walk.....have a great evening all!

kuddles

Just a quick hello, been so crabby all day! At least I was at work while I was and the boss was mostly out. Otherwise he might not still be alive!

I started (barely) the owl cardigan by the Hook Hound last nite....for my DD. Trying to make it small enough from the ladies size small.....down two hook sizes......

Well, I better get ready for our nightly walk.....have a great evening all!

kuddles

Sorry you have had a rough day!!! Is it a full moon, cause I been kinda crabby myself! Oh, I know what my problem is! I am going through withdrawals from not crocheting like I should be! Guess tonight instead of working I will go work on some more squares!!!

Ya'll have a great and blessed evening!!!

Sorry you have had a rough day!!! Is it a full moon, cause I been kinda crabby myself! Oh, I know what my problem is! I am going through withdrawals from not crocheting like I should be! Guess tonight instead of working I will go work on some more squares!!!

Ya'll have a great and blessed evening!!!

LOL Just life really....you know how sometimes it just creeps up and gets ya? Then ya gotta be crabby for a bit, then pull up your big girl panties and move on!

My 'moving on' hasn't happened yet.....hoping for tomorrow!!!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

I've been having a crappy week so far. Discovered last night that it could be, um, hormonally related... so that's sort of good, really; at least now I know WHY I've felt like punching people at work. :grumpy

I got to seven inches on my first pledged square for Pineknott, and I have now decided I have to start over. :sigh I absentmindedly used a too small hook and rather than redo it, thought I'd just keep going and add rows if I needed. Well, going from round to square... it lays pretty well flat at seven inches, but no matter what I try for the next row, it ripples, and ripples, and ripples some more.

Going to do it with the proper hook this time... Then it shouldn't take so long! At least I shouldn't have to frog it three times again....

I also have this little voice in my head that keeps telling me "It's already like August 24th! You'll never get two squares done by the end of the month!" :bang

Archived