Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:yay Pineknott! I pledge 1 square! So busy this month. Boss on vacation and another coworker has jury duty. Registering my son for school and getting all the necessities! Also pledge 1 square for Emma's new baby and 2 for her FIL and MIL Harley blankets. Going to get all those done this month and sent out. And hopefully finish my MIL's shawl. Busy busy!

:yay Pineknott! I pledge 1 square! So busy this month. Boss on vacation and another coworker has jury duty. Registering my son for school and getting all the necessities! Also pledge 1 square for Emma's new baby and 2 for her FIL and MIL Harley blankets. Going to get all those done this month and sent out. And hopefully finish my MIL's shawl. Busy busy!

wow, you are ambitious! lol, great pledges!! :hug

I think we should all brag on our loved ones! What is something your significant other does for you that just makes you smile ear to ear? Why is your loved one special?? :)

Mine is a sexy beast! :devil

I have a few package to go out this weekend =)

Well, on the train, they shutting the lights off soon. Kuddlekubs, i think I am done with yours, need to measure but looks about right. Emma, half done with the first as well. I will have more done before this trip is over! cant wait to get home and send out some puffies!

Thanks Amanda! :):hug

That leaves only 1 6"-er needed!!! Still need 2 for Felicia's blanket. :cheer

Mr Skoggy is fantastic! I'm into the third trimester now so he's a gem with doing all the housework. I just look after Felicia and cook dinner. :D:hug

Well, on the train, they shutting the lights off soon. Kuddlekubs, i think I am done with yours, need to measure but looks about right. Emma, half done with the first as well. I will have more done before this trip is over! cant wait to get home and send out some puffies!

Woot! Let me know if you need my new address but Katy does have it....

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning ladies and gents...I just went to pour my first cuppa Joe and couldn't believe my eyes...Coffee looked mighty weak..thought pot was clogged or something like that...Checked it, and would you believe I was so excited to check my Cville email that I forgot to put the coffee in the filter??? Boy did I feel like a dummy...Is there a Cville Anonymous anywhere? If so, I need to get there fast.

On our way home from the PO yesterday we stopped at a little out of the way second hand shop...very well organized; it had a little bit of everything. I picked up 2 unopened packages of manilla envelopes (9x12 and 13x10) and a lovely Glenfiddich Scotch whisky tin (to put my inscense sticks in)...All for $2.00...I felt as though I had hit the jack pot...

The gentleman owner told me he buys unclaimed storage lockers so he's always getting new stuff...I inquired about yarn and he said his wife has a bin full at home and he could have it in this weekend, if I wanted it...How wonderful...I told him about the Cville Swap and now I have an excuse to get daughter to take me there this weekend...

I think we should all brag on our loved ones! What is something your significant other does for you that just makes you smile ear to ear? Why is your loved one special?? :)

*My hubs is better at the cloth diapers than I am!

*He treats our 2 girls like princesses and me like a queen.

*He plays "My Little Pony" with our 4 yo

*He gets up with the baby in the morning so that I can sleep in (I have sleep apnea and fibromyalgia; a terrible combo!).

I've got about 1/4 of my ghan stitched together. It is getting really hot to work with now though!

What a find Estee!! I love it when I take the time to stop on a donation run, and actually look around the shop, and find SOMETHING I didn't know I needed, till i saw, or needed, and never thought id find! what a high, huh, we are sick people us yarnies here on YARN HILL! lol but , something to be said about being yarn junkies, huh! :D

I got Paula's replacement square done yesterday, it's blue, lol but forgot about getting it to the post office, cause I hadn't gotten it packed up yet, but will do that early next week, i think this time Paula, I will get it delivery confirmed dang it! :eek

No word from Lee....sigh......hope to hear something soon.....And Pineknott, are the puffy's starting to roll in now!!!!!!!!! Keep a count, we'll be asking for that at the end of the month!! he he he, gotta love squares, huh!

oh, ran across this link on another thread, thought I would pass it along, it's what colors go with what colors, on the red heart site, here's the link.....

http://www.redheart.com/files/MultiColorCoordinates.pdf

:clap

well, more later, I have that homemade pizze to tend too, lol, i cooked up the crumbled hamburger yesterday, so only have to do the crust, and top it, and put it in the oven for a short time!! See you all after while, keep cool, cooler weather moving in here for the weekend, they PROMISED we would get cooler, so we will see...( insert raised eyebrows and doubtful face here!!)

.I know someone putting in a fence in the neighborhood, and the workers have to dig a partial hole, for the posts, fill with water, let it seep down, dig a bit more fill it up again, yada yada, the ground is so dry, even 12 inches to 16 inches down! wow. that's the dryest i think we have been in a long long time! makes me thirsty now.....lol :hug

*My hubs is better at the cloth diapers than I am!

*He treats our 2 girls like princesses and me like a queen.

*He plays "My Little Pony" with our 4 yo

*He gets up with the baby in the morning so that I can sleep in (I have sleep apnea and fibromyalgia; a terrible combo!).

I've got about 1/4 of my ghan stitched together. It is getting really hot to work with now though!

oooh, cant wait to see a pic!!

My Sweetie does alot of the cleaning and picking up after the kids, basic around the house stuff. He takes care of me when Im sick, and the kids if they are sick. He helps with homework ( mine and the kids :) ) does all the grocery shopping. All I have to do is laundry and make his lunch for work. And he puts up with my yarn all over the place LOL and takes me to JoAnns and walmart at 4am if I just "have" to go :D

Feeling the love today!! Just got home from the kids school open day to find the postie had left me another puffie. This one from Abigail!

Thank you Abigail,I love it!! It is perfect for my ghan!

Omigosh, I can't believe you got it that quickly! Especially as I was reading over all of the older posts, and everyone was concerned about squares not reaching you, and there's mine!! Yay!! Glad you got it, and that you like it :)

This week has really been hard for us. My husband has been trying to get a job ever since we moved to Ohio in June, and he just got turned down for it, so it's back to square one. He and I both are ready to pull our hair out.

I will also pledge 2 squares for Linda this month. I feel like I have about 5 million WIPs right now. I got an afghan finished this week, and realized that part of it had come undone, and I had to rip a decent size section out to fix it. I've never had that happen before. I was so mad, lol. Well dinner is ready, and I'm starving.

Welp, I don't have a sweetie, yet. LOL! So, can't brag on him, and I don't have kids, so can't brag on them either!! I was talking to the Pastor who was ministering at our service tonight that right now, I don't have to worry about a husband or kids. If I want to get up and go, I can. If I need to work at the church all day, I can. While I know I will be blessed with one, I am grateful for this time as well!

morning all.

Happy Saturday! My plans today, are to run a couple errands, and maybe grab a bite to eat to bring home, finish my folding laundry I washed this am, it was so cool, thought I would get it done early....Then, I dunno, crochet for a while I guess, maybe something decent will be on tv, while I crochet...

My complaint of the day is: that all the money we spend for cable, or dish, or satilite, whatever you have, there seems still to be not much on! I tell ya, in years before, when Cable first came onto the scene, seems there were way better things on, way less commercials,and it didn't cost an arm and a leg either! ah well, that's progress for ya,huh.......Don't we have enough reality in reality, without watching other's realities!! lol :devil

well, that was my rant I guess, for the day, I allow myself one, I think i just wasted it though, probably something better will come along, and Ill have to griin and bear it, cause I already used up my one rant a day quota!!!!! dang it!!:angry

One of my errands, is getting some envelopes, and some zip locks for my mailing purposes! Im out of both size envelopes, and no zip locks for a while now! :eek

Oh and I checked the addy i used Paula, and it is exactly what you recently sent me, so I dunno, but you will have another on it's way next week!

Then maybe Ill play in the yarn bins for a while too!! Check with ya all later!:hug

Welp, I don't have a sweetie, yet. LOL! So, can't brag on him, and I don't have kids, so can't brag on them either!! I was talking to the Pastor who was ministering at our service tonight that right now, I don't have to worry about a husband or kids. If I want to get up and go, I can. If I need to work at the church all day, I can. While I know I will be blessed with one, I am grateful for this time as well!

Being single without kids and being able to serve God at the drop of a hat really is a blessing! I know I'm always thankful for my single sisters who can pick up the slack where us married mothers cannot. Right now, my biggest ministry is raising my kids to be servants of the Lord (and minister to my hubby who has denounced christianity and now claims agnostic).

Happy Saturday!

Taking a break from yard word to get a cold glass of water and check in on the 'Ville.

Hope everyone is having a super day! We're trying to cut down a bazillion little trees on the property and get our yard looking like a yard and not a forest. It's soooo humid and hot....yuck! My sweat is sweating!

I hope some folks are getting the puffies I sent out. I know Skoggy got hers but haven't heard from any of the others.

Stay cool and have a good one!

I can officially start stalking the mailbox,Smith pm'ed that hers was sent out

I have to play catch up with my hats today,took the day off yesterday cause I just plain ran out of steam,with these extreme temps,can't wait till Nov.Sept and Oct can still be kinda warm.

Katie, we gave up our cable2 yrs ago,I miss the Ice Road Truckers and Army Wives and thats it.

Hi Ladies! :) Guess what?? I have some amazing eye candy for you!! Here are the squares I received yesterday from Estee and Bubbe!! Thank you so much you two!! I absolutely love them! Don't they look great?? My little stack is looking good!

post-61835-135897771394_thumb.jpg

Hubby and I went to look at houses with the realtor today - No luck. We were out there from 9:30 to 3:00! Long, HOT day. We have learned we either need to increase our price range or change our location. We'll see how that goes...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! :)

wow, nice eye candy! :eek Thanks for sending us a pic! Squares should start rolling in Pineknott real soon, these girls are quick with a hook, you know!

Before i forget to mention this, I am doing another kleenex box cover giveaway! It's pink, white, hot pink, and a bit of rose, trimmed in white, oh well here, take a look, if you're interested, I wanted you all to get a chance, so tell me in that thread, if you want to be in the running for a random chance to win it! thanks all, off to do something productive, crochet!! lol :cheer

you can see it here! :hug

Hi Ladies! :) Guess what?? I have some amazing eye candy for you!! Here are the squares I received yesterday from Estee and Bubbe!! Thank you so much you two!! I absolutely love them! Don't they look great?? My little stack is looking good!

[ATTACH]57518[/ATTACH]

Hubby and I went to look at houses with the realtor today - No luck. We were out there from 9:30 to 3:00! Long, HOT day. We have learned we either need to increase our price range or change our location. We'll see how that goes...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! :)

Yeah! You are getting a nice little nest!

Archived