Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I completely know where you are all coming from as far as finances. While I am going to visit my family on tomorrow (only because I have to pay for my ticket there, my pastor and his family are coming back the same time I am and he rented a car, all I have to do is share the drive). No money to spend there, but at least I get to stay with my mother! After that, it is really crack down on my spending. I won't even be joining any swaps for a while. Gotta watch what I spend, have to fix my car, the air conditioner in it went out, needs a tune up and some sensors, 4 new tires. That and I am restarting my fans and trying to get out of debt so paying those bills as well. George is going to be screaming really loudly from me pinching my pennies so tightly!!! I just know that bigger and better things are getting ready to come my way. What I see now is temporary, but God has better for me than I am living right now! Stay encouraged everyone!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies and gentlemen...Sun out with a vengeance after an early morning rain...I do so love to read your chatter every morning while having my coffee...It's my daily ritual...go potty, feed cat, make coffee, take meds, turn on laptop, check e-mail and read Cville Friendship Square (Biggest Square) posts...

I will be sending out Skoggy's 2 pledged squares and Mrs McKee's squares tomorrow...They are in their envelopes and just waiting for my daughter to take us to the PO...She is off from work on Thursdays so I do my running around then...

I can so relate to those unexpected expensives,we've had our fair share of them since April,mostly car related.

I'd like to but never have enough to get in the 'ville swaps that go on,I try to do a few roak.if you want,come over to team big heart or team insanity,I posted pics of the hats I've done so far

oh I will do that, right after I get finished here! Love to see your hats!

Good morning everyone! I checked in to see who the biggest square is, but maybe I'm too eager and early. Still sound asleep, hmmm? :D

This is a very scary, crazy and exciting month for us, as we are starting our own business from scratch. Its been a dream of my daughter and me to start a business together - hair, nails and beauty. She's the creative one and I'm the one with the financial background. Yesterday afternoon we found the perfect space in a busy street and later the new salon furniture was delivered to my house. Its stacked behind me where I sit in front of the computer. Luckily it will only be for this month, as we are planning to open God willing the 1st September - Spring day in South Africa. So, we are just a little bit nervous to start the new venture, but also confident and excited. My daughter has been in the salon business for 10 years now, gathering experience and a solid and loyal customer base. I'll have to stop babbling now and will check in later. See you

Excellent and exciting news, we all wish y ou well!!

Good morning ladies and gentlemen...Sun out with a vengeance after an early morning rain...I do so love to read your chatter every morning while having my coffee...It's my daily ritual...go potty, feed cat, make coffee, take meds, turn on laptop, check e-mail and read Cville Friendship Square (Biggest Square) posts

I will be sending out Skoggy's 2 pledged squares and Mrs McKee's squares tomorrow...They are in their envelopes and just waiting for my daughter to take us to the PO...She is off from work on Thursdays so I do my running around then...

...Ah tht is so cute, I only find one problem with the order of your morning routine, ha ha, I understand feed the cat comes pretty high up on the list, as I have two, and I understand the using the facilities too comes up there towards the top, LOL buuuuuttttt email before VILLE!!!! ack!!!!!!:eek and a hearty lol!

Oh dear, I almost forgot to post the Aug. Biggest Square!!!!!!!

Well, without further ado, let me announce August's Biggest Square!!! someone, insert drum role here_________

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheerCONGRATZ LINDA!!!!!!!!!!!

It is, one of our regulars,PINEKNOTT!!! , I am excited! Now from what I hear, she needs quite a few yet, and she likes 8 inchers, Red Heart super saver preferred, in ANY color or pattern!!!!!!!! Sooooooooo versitile, and easy to please, isn't she!!! Ok so there you have it, Pineknott, Congratz lady, hope August brings you a huge batch to finish that 4 years in waiting ghan!! lol

oh, and I open the pledging at 2 eight inchers, out of what needed Linda, I think she said 60..I just knew it was a lot, Linda, correct me if Im wrong! and ...Let the games begin!!!!!!!

Thanks Lisa & Katy for the support and words of encouragement.

I mailed puffies today for Estee and Crochetlady 2012. Lee's puffie was mailed on the 31st JUly.

Estee, the PO clerk asked me how will your PO hand you the parcel without a surname? Dis I miss something because I addressed it just to Estee? I told her not to worry, you will get it, but now I'm not so sure anymore:think Ah well, if it go missing or something, I will send you another.

Thanks Lisa & Katy for the support and words of encouragement.

I mailed puffies today for Estee and Crochetlady 2012. Lee's puffie was mailed on the 31st JUly.

Estee, the PO clerk asked me how will your PO hand you the parcel without a surname? Dis I miss something because I addressed it just to Estee? I told her not to worry, you will get it, but now I'm not so sure anymore:think Ah well, if it go missing or something, I will send you another.

I just addressed mine to 'Estee' as well a few weeks ago and she got them just fine. Should be okay. :)

:clap its me:clap

its so exciting,dusted the crown off,after it traveled from Tx

yep Katie was right,easy to please color wise,just keep it light on orange,not a fav

pretty much any acrylic 'cept simply soft

I received two squares today from a mystery person in NE,It said happy Aug.

so I'm thinking it from the leader of square hill

really liked them,love color changes

again excited its me,and do you know how hard it was to not say anything,thats why I was missing alot,cause I can be a blabber mouth

Congrats Linda !

Hope everyone is doing well. I myself had to go to the ER lastnight. I was sitting at the kitchen table and my pants suddenly got very tight and were hurting, so i loosened them up and my belly had expanded and was so hard that it looked and felt like i was 9 months preg in a matter of seconds. Needless to say I was terrified. Well to make it short, the ER did a CT scan and found that I have ovarian cysts and that I had a rupture other than what they could see on the image.

But I am home and resting and doing ok :):hug for everyone

Congrats Linda !

Hope everyone is doing well. I myself had to go to the ER lastnight. I was sitting at the kitchen table and my pants suddenly got very tight and were hurting, so i loosened them up and my belly had expanded and was so hard that it looked and felt like i was 9 months preg in a matter of seconds. Needless to say I was terrified. Well to make it short, the ER did a CT scan and found that I have ovarian cysts and that I had a rupture other than what they could see on the image.

golly,that had to be freaking scary,glad you are home and resting

great, you got um! I cant remember what they look like now, but i hope I didn't use any orange in them, lol So, the ball is rolling!! GO Hooks!

okay mystery solved,it was you

no orange,they were blue, yellow,baby print,and purple

Congrats Linda !

Goodness!! Glad you are okay. Did you have to have surgery or will it heal on its own?? You just rest up! Good thing crocheting isn't an intense activity! :)

Congrats Linda !

Oh my!!!! I am glad you are home and resting. Praying that everything is going to be alright! Relax, get some rest, put your feet up!!!!

Congrats Linda!!! I pledge 2 (I hope to finish all the squares I am pledging on the train tomorrow as I am on my way to Indiana!). If I get more done, I will send them on as well!!!
COOL!!! Have a great trip!

Congrats Linda !

thats kinda serious, hope you are doing better, did they schedule a surgery or anything.?

okay mystery solved,it was you

no orange,they were blue, yellow,baby print,and purple

wow reallly, i don't remember those, lol oh wait, i do i do, my bad, lol thanks for the jolt to the old memory!

Congrats Linda !

OMG!! Been there, done that, no fun! I'm glad you are doing alright though. I have Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome (PCOS) so ovarian cysts are a way of life for me. I've only had 1 rupture, thankfully, but it was AWFUL! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I think I need another scan myself. I also have endometriosis and it likes to recur in the form of endometriomas (blood cysts) on my left ovary. My last 2 cycles have been exceptionally painful on the left side so I think it is back once again. Also, ovarian cancer runs rampant in my family so I need to be checked regularly. It is hard right now though since I don't have medical insurance and the VA doesn't think the annual scans are necessary. Ovarian pain is so scary!

Katie--I'm still around. I'm just visiting my in-laws and have only sporatic access to the internet.

Linda--Congrats! I pledge 2 squares! I sold some of my books to a used book store so I have a couple of dollars to spend on postage. Yay!

BIG NEWS Y'ALL!!

I got my first squares today!!! You have no idea how excited I was!!

I had an especially rough day today at work and when I walked in, I saw the puffy sitting on my kitchen table. Hubby usually gets home before me and picks up the mail. I was so excited! I grabbed the package and ran to the office (hubby has been working really hard lately) and was jumping around saying "Do you know what this is?!?!?!" Of course he knew - he has only taken 4 puffies to the PO for me in the past week. He was so happy that I got one! :)

So big thank you to KATIE for sending my first puffy! :):D:D:D

Immafreak, Sorry to here about the ER visit.How stressful! Relax and enjoy your recovery time. :hug

Congrats Linda!!! I pledge 3 squares. I have a four large balls of RHSS just waiting to be used! (Guess what,one's carrot! LOL)

SKOGGY IT CAME!!!

I love my new square! The pattern and colour is gorgeous.Can't wait to continue my bordering. I think I am going to have to hurry up and start sewing some into strips.

post-26847-135897771232_thumb.jpg

2 more for Pineknott!! :cheer

I've been :crocheting like crazy lately- everybody wants owls and the state fair starts next month so I have to have all my stuff together to enter the crochet competition! I did so well last year that I have to do it again. :hook

Fortunately squares work really well at breaking monotony! :P

I LOVE owls. When we have our bi-monthly markets, the owls are the first thing I look for!

Woohoo Mrs McKee! That first package is so exciting. Happy to report, so is every other puffie you recieve! It never gets old :D

Archived