Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Very nice squares! Since I am back and kinda rested now (it's a shame when you to take an extra day to just rest when you get back from vacation!), I can get my squares finished and mailed out! While in Indiana, I found a book I thought I had lost forever (Yeah!). It is a scriptureghan, but it is all squares! I will have to browse through that as well, finding some stitches I have never done before!

There is a lot of nice eye candy that has been posted lately! I like looking at the different squares cause it gives me some ideas on some that I want to do up as well!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had been hankering to use some cotton, only see ONE PERSON on the list collecting cotton squares,,,,,,,hummmm 1 plus 1 equals 2 Squares going out!!!!!!!!!! Heads up cotton lover!!!!!!!!! :cheer:clap

I know! I had lots of cotton, never even thought about making a ghan in cotton (that will probably be my next project, as it will be a lot cooler here in the south than the WW ones!). I had to pull my cotton out and make some while on the train. They seemed to whip up quicker than the ww ones did!

That is a beautiful square!

Took me a few to remember where I got the pattern, but it's right here

here are the squares I received from Katie

Very pretty!

here are the squares I received from smith

Gorgeous!

I know! I had lots of cotton, never even thought about making a ghan in cotton (that will probably be my next project, as it will be a lot cooler here in the south than the WW ones!). I had to pull my cotton out and make some while on the train. They seemed to whip up quicker than the ww ones did!

I'm working on an afghan in cotton. All variegated with white borders. I have 5 more squares to make, and then I can start putting it together. But I have plenty of cotton left over. Here's some of my cotton squares from when I first started making it. I was packing up right before we left PA, and I had laid out all of my motifs.

post-54847-135897771979_thumb.jpg

OH NO!!! I must have miscounted my squares because I'm short two 6-in squares and one 4-in square. I also have one extra 8-in square. I still haven't found that stray 2-in square.

Otherwise, I'm done stitching! Now I just need to add a border. What kind should I do? I can go most of the way around except for the 16 inches I'm missing.

The girls are so cute! They are playing peek-a-book under the ghan!

om my so many pretty squares to gaze at and drool over!! Cindy, can't wait to see it done!! TO sum it up, everyone sure does a great job making squares, that's for sure, and following through on pledges too, Im just so excited to see some of these finished up too.......

Pineknott you are welcome certainly, and glad you can use them....

welcome back anne and snowflake!!

Thanks for fulfilling your pledge Brenda!

cotton was fun for a change, and your cotton squares ABigail look gloriously beautiful! Love it, how do you think it will work out, do you think it will have a good drape, and wash well, i always wondered about an all cotton ghan?? You'll have to let us see the finished ghan as well, sure looks pretty, that's for sure!

Emma I pmd y ou regarding your remaining squares needed, got it covered~

thanks for the pics pineknott, they are all lovely!

here are the squares I received from Katie

here are the squares I received from smith

I'm working on an afghan in cotton. All variegated with white borders. I have 5 more squares to make, and then I can start putting it together. But I have plenty of cotton left over. Here's some of my cotton squares from when I first started making it. I was packing up right before we left PA, and I had laid out all of my motifs.

Those are all beautiful squares!

cotton was fun for a change, and your cotton squares ABigail look gloriously beautiful! Love it, how do you think it will work out, do you think it will have a good drape, and wash well, i always wondered about an all cotton ghan?? You'll have to let us see the finished ghan as well, sure looks pretty, that's for sure! !

It's going to be 84" by 84" without the border, so it should drape nicely. Honestly, I'm going to be scared to death to wash it because of bleeding. I'm doing a little bit of research into it. I know there's a way to set it, but it may require me removing the rows of white, setting, and then adding them back on. Though I'm not even sure how that would work since it's variegated. Honestly, I haven't worked with cotton that much until lately, and I never thought about it bleeding until I made a bath pouf. I haven't quite decided what my joining method is going to be, or how I'm going to do my border, but I'm keeping my eyes open to get some ideas. I will definitely share it when it's done, whenever that may be, lol.

Emma I pmd y ou regarding your remaining squares needed, got it covered~

Thanks Katy :) Thats it! All my squares are now spoken for!!!!! Time to get them stitched together.

Now then, I've spoken to Katy about this and she has said its okay for me to collect squares for MYSELF! I never really do anything for myself so it makes a nice change. I thought that as I'm going to still be in the group and send squares to people, I might aswell make something for myself. :) So, for little ole me, I'll be after 8"-ers in browns, tans and creams. Suppose you could say it will be a chocolate themed ghan :lol

I had been hankering to use some cotton, only see ONE PERSON on the list collecting cotton squares,,,,,,,hummmm 1 plus 1 equals 2 Squares going out!!!!!!!!!! Heads up cotton lover!!!!!!!!! :cheer:clap

Well Katie my head is up, poking through the clouds and looking around!

Cotton is my 'new' love these days!

Woot!

kuddles

Ahhh the touch, the feel, of cotton.....la la la

kuddles

Here is the almost-finished ghan! As you can see, I'm missing two 6-in, one 4-in, and one 2-in. I've already bordered around most of it but when I get the rest of the squares, after I finish bordering, I think I'm gonna go back around with a reverse sc.

(I figured out what happened with one of my 6-in and why I have an extra 8-in. I had a 7-in that I counted as a 6-in but then forgot that and put it in as an 8-in. Oops!)

post-48303-135897772366_thumb.jpg

Oh wow, Cindy, that's beautiful! :clap

Sorry, I haven't officially joined this thread yet (wanted to check out my patterns and yarns to see if I could squeeze a square or two in this month for Biggest Square before signing up), but when I saw that picture it was just so cool I had to say something!

Everybody's squares look amazing all pieced together like that!

Emma, I have to finish the edges for your flowery square and that one is done! I have never done a flower before, so I hope it turns out ok! I think I am going to rip out the purple one I have and redo it, though, but your squares are well on the way!

Kuddlekubs, your square will be in the mail this weekend, I got your address. Makes me want to do a cotton ghan myself!

cindy, that is beautiful! I love all the different colors, sizes, and designs.

I haven't forgotten about you, Linda. Your squares are next!!!

Those are awesome! Most of my cotton is like that, I like all the multi colors! Some bright, some not so bright! I was mostly using them as wash clothes but now I am seriously thinking about getting some more and making a lot of squares for another ghan!!!

Oh Cindy! Your ghan looks absolutely wonderful! :cheer:manyheart

And, Lisa, no need to rush or anything. I'm going to start piecing together the ones I have and will leave a gap for yours :)

Started my first Round Ripple today. An old school friend has just had her 2nd baby girl and I thought I'd make something for the little bunny. Liking it so far... although I've only done the centre so far. :D

Here is the almost-finished ghan! As you can see, I'm missing two 6-in, one 4-in, and one 2-in. I've already bordered around most of it but when I get the rest of the squares, after I finish bordering, I think I'm gonna go back around with a reverse sc.

(I figured out what happened with one of my 6-in and why I have an extra 8-in. I had a 7-in that I counted as a 6-in but then forgot that and put it in as an 8-in. Oops!)

Cindy, it's really lovely!!

Those are awesome! Most of my cotton is like that, I like all the multi colors! Some bright, some not so bright! I was mostly using them as wash clothes but now I am seriously thinking about getting some more and making a lot of squares for another ghan!!!

Michael's has their cotton yarn on sale this week. I conned hubby into stopping on our way home and I picked up some more skeins. Unfortunately, I was only able to find 3 colors I didn't already have. I believe I just need to find one more.

Cindy, it's really lovely!!

Michael's has their cotton yarn on sale this week. I conned hubby into stopping on our way home and I picked up some more skeins. Unfortunately, I was only able to find 3 colors I didn't already have. I believe I just need to find one more.

LOL! I need to go to the Hobby Lobby here in BR, a couple weeks ago they had a TON of yarn on clearance. Hopefully there is still some there and they have some cotton in there. I usually use the I Love This Cotton, but have started using the Sugar N Cream lately. I usually get that on sale at Michaels. My Pastor said I was a Yarnaholic!!! :lol

Thanks Katy :) Thats it! All my squares are now spoken for!!!!! Time to get them stitched together.

Now then, I've spoken to Katy about this and she has said its okay for me to collect squares for MYSELF! I never really do anything for myself so it makes a nice change. I thought that as I'm going to still be in the group and send squares to people, I might aswell make something for myself. :) So, for little ole me, I'll be after 8"-ers in browns, tans and creams. Suppose you could say it will be a chocolate themed ghan :lol

woo hoo, good for you girl! I will get that posted on the list right away, glad you decided to do something for yourself, those colors will be lovely toghether, is cream going to be an option as well as browns and tans oh nevermind, i just read it in your post and it is, great, that will be so rich looking!! can't wait to get started on a couple~ :hook

Well Katie my head is up, poking through the clouds and looking around!

Cotton is my 'new' love these days!

Woot!

kuddles

lol, well, might take a few days, but package went out this am!! He said possibly a week but probably 3 days, since you are not that far from me.......hope you love them~~!

wow, simply stunning! I knew it was going to be beautiful, but this is really stunning, you did a wonderful layout!! And whom is going to step up to the challenge of getting the rest she needs to her .... I will do two 6 inchers if that's ok with everyone, I hate to hog these, lol but there are more needed, a four and a two....any other heros out there on Yarn Hill???????

Oh wow, Cindy, that's beautiful! :clap

Sorry, I haven't officially joined this thread yet (wanted to check out my patterns and yarns to see if I could squeeze a square or two in this month for Biggest Square before signing up), but when I saw that picture it was just so cool I had to say something!

Everybody's squares look amazing all pieced together like that!

welcome vikingrunnergirl, we are a good group, when you decide you wanna join, just zip me out a pm, and Ill get you added!!

Emma, I have to finish the edges for your flowery square and that one is done! I have never done a flower before, so I hope it turns out ok! I think I am going to rip out the purple one I have and redo it, though, but your squares are well on the way!

Kuddlekubs, your square will be in the mail this weekend, I got your address. Makes me want to do a cotton ghan myself!

cindy, that is beautiful! I love all the different colors, sizes, and designs.

I haven't forgotten about you, Linda. Your squares are next!!!

Snowflake, you are a hookaholic, lol good job lady!! :clap

LOL! I need to go to the Hobby Lobby here in BR, a couple weeks ago they had a TON of yarn on clearance. Hopefully there is still some there and they have some cotton in there. I usually use the I Love This Cotton, but have started using the Sugar N Cream lately. I usually get that on sale at Michaels. My Pastor said I was a Yarnaholic!!! :lol

a yarnaholic, yeah, sooooo....you got a prob with that pastor??? Good, I didn't think so!! lol :laughroll:angel:devil

Archived