Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

HEY KATIE - Look what turned up almost two months after it had been posted!!! I bet if a puffie could talk it would have a story to share :D

Thank you for my square! I love the colours. Now I will sit back and wait for it's sibling to turn up ... Hopefully not in October!

wow paula!!!! Im am shocked! it's a bit bendy for the long trip it must have had, but nothing that won't worki it'self out after a good lay flat!! Wow, still surprised, Im so glad it turned up, and hopefully the second replacement one will too, in a much better amount of time!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too funny about Max! My cats don't really pay much mind to my yarn, unless I leave a WIP out, then they like to lay on it. So, I keep my WIP's in a walmart bag, tied up, and then leave it on or near the couch (for easy access!). Of course, they like to lay on that too. Kitties love crinkly bags!

The real culprits are my little girls. They LOVE my yarn! Whether it is a string, a ball, a WIP, or a finished item, they love it all. Heck, they love the notions too! Hooks, hook cases, scissors :eek, yarn needles...all are subject to being pilfered, mistreated, and lost.

Speaking of lost, that last 2-in square turned up today. It was just laying there in the middle of the floor. I have NO idea where it was stashed! :think Oh, those girls! :manyheart

Tis the week of lost crocheted items!! Paula just got the square I sent her over two months ago!! wow, glad you found yours!!

ours was a calico too,sweetest cat we ever had

My dear daughter has a calico, ad Pixel is as orny as all get out but spoiled rotten and loveable! Her other cat, is, was, sorry she passed on, she was a main coon, and one of the lovingest kitties i have ever seen, RIP TUffy..

Seriously? Our calico is the most cantankerous cat I've ever owned!!! She is so anti-social she barely tolerates her own sister (we adopted littermates).

The sweetest cats I've ever owned were a brother-sister pair of siamese. Koko died 3 years ago at the age of 11 and his sister, Lily, died just 6 mos later. I still miss them :cry. They were the first cats that we had owned for more than a couple of years (they were also our first strictly-indoor cats).

Sniff...Okay! On a lighter note, I start my job tomorrow. Yay! Yes, I am actually very excited :D

My siamese is mellow, loving, never gets into trouble, or causes messes, he is just the perfect cat! Max then, on the opposite side of that, has never been lax in the PERSONALITY dept!! (Nice way of putting it, lol)

Very pretty!

We don't have kitties... just 3 pugs. They could care less about my yarn except to occasionally sniff it. Even if it happens to roll by them, they just look at me like, "You excpet me to get off of my lazy rear end and chase that??!"

Gotta love those pugs, those faces are just so expressive!!

I've always been a cat person, never really liked dogs. But I became a dog owner late June this year when a homeless and seriously neglected Jack Russel showed up at my house. He was very scared of people and ran away tail between the legs when approached. Long story short, I took him in and we bonded very quickly. I'm amazed by the capacity of a dog's love. He follows me everywhere I go and wont let me out of sight. Now he is my dog, my own Scruffy, always near to protect me. Then there's also my sun conure, a bright orange and yellow and green parrot. I also babysit my daughter's cat and dog while they are working.

Im so happy for both you and SCRUFFY, has been said, that once rescued, they never forget the good deed, and make the most loyal and loving pets!

I've always been a cat person, never really liked dogs. But I became a dog owner late June this year when a homeless and seriously neglected Jack Russel showed up at my house. He was very scared of people and ran away tail between the legs when approached. Long story short, I took him in and we bonded very quickly. I'm amazed by the capacity of a dog's love. He follows me everywhere I go and wont let me out of sight. Now he is my dog, my own Scruffy, always near to protect me. Then there's also my sun conure, a bright orange and yellow and green parrot. I also babysit my daughter's cat and dog while they are working.

That's a lucky scruffy!! :)

uh oh, as we speak, a little yellow tabby, female i think, small, has been hangning about the deck today, and uh oh number two, i fed her........Me thinks another kitty has found her place in life, we'll see.... if she is still about tomorrow, I dunno, probably have to bring her in.......lol

uh oh, as we speak, a little yellow tabby, female i think, small, has been hangning about the deck today, and uh oh number two, i fed her........Me thinks another kitty has found her place in life, we'll see.... if she is still about tomorrow, I dunno, probably have to bring her in.......lol

Oh take her in!! :)

She knew to come to you!! :)

Does anyone else have one of those days when nothing they're crocheting goes right?

I started a friendship square from memory and just realized I had made it completely wrong when I was on the 5th round.

I had to frog 3 rows of the shawl I'm making for my sister

And I messed up a square I'm making for a CAL I'm participating in.

Just one of those days.

Same here. I started a square for the friendship-ghan CAL and I've been alternating between being happy with it and sure it's going to lay flat when done and being really angry and sure it's going to be a sphere when done. This afternoon my feelings have been mostly spherical. :P

Don't do it!

Well, it's probably too late, isn't it?

kuddles

Does anyone else have one of those days when nothing they're crocheting goes right?

I started a friendship square from memory and just realized I had made it completely wrong when I was on the 5th round.

I had to frog 3 rows of the shawl I'm making for my sister

And I messed up a square I'm making for a CAL I'm participating in.

Just one of those days.

I've been having those days a lot lately.....and it has nothing to do with crochet!

Hang in there!

kuddles

I've been having those days a lot lately.....and it has nothing to do with crochet!

Hang in there!

kuddles

One of those days??? Shoot, that is me every time I crochet something!!! I start out with a pattern and then end up freestyling the end of it!!! I am alwasy frogging my projects. I have so many things started and then I didn't like it, went on to another project and the unfinished project I don't like sits there until I get disgusted looking at it and "rippit" again!!!

I have some puffies I will be getting out on Saturday!!!!

maybe the moon is in a crochet hostile position this week!! Could happen!

Little Mia, as I have come to call her, is not back yet, she may have went home, if she had a home, i dunno, but next i see her, I will claim her, lol

Going to a "moving away" get togehter later this evening, new house, new furnishings, new everything, this friend, lived all her life in the house she was born in! Owned some farm land from her parents. Her hubby passed on a couple years ago, (RIP JIM) and Now, she sold some of her land here, and is moving a couple hundred miles away, to be closer to her daughter and grandkids! Her new home was built to her specs, and most furnishings will be new as well! Im thrilled for her, a long time, but finally her dream came true! So not a sad, sorry to see you go party, (even though i will miss her,)but a congratz on starting your new life, in your new home party!!

Getting some things out of the closet, found Kim some squares,for her charity, but won't get those out this week, probably next as my giveaway ends friday too, and will mail out with that next week sometime!

Well tomorrow is clean the house day, lol and thursday is brunch bunch, and friday is another something to do, but forgot what right now, lol check calandar later!

Will make time to crochet though, have been looking at some patterns Id like to try, for something new to do, too........

Keep on hookin girls!!

I had it happen again last night after I posted my message. I ended up making a triangle instead of a square, so I just gave up. Gonna put together a row of my cotton ghan, and then attempt to figure out where I went wrong!

We're finally getting a good steady rain today.

aww, poor kim. lol

Forgot to ask, Hows the pledging going all?? ANd Pineknott, h ow many to date have you received?? That will renew our inspiration if we know, lol well, i can pledge a couple more if you need more, let us know where you're at, ok. thanks........

I'll answer

pledging is just for the square of the month,its usually put in a post here,saying however many you would like to give that person

when you want to make for

someone other than the"square of the month receipant" (sp?)

then you pm them for their address

hopefully I didn't muddle that up!

How do we do pledging? PM the pledgee? Is that just for the square of the month, or is it for anyone you want to make squares for?

For the pledge for the square of the month, we usually post it on the thread , something like this....

I pledge two 6 (8, 12 etc) squares to Pineknott. then when ready to mail out, pm her for her address...

Anyone else, you don't have to announce your pledge, just pm for an address when ready to mail...

I 've been putting the daily tally in my signature as I get them,the count is up to 11

need to get a picture of the last 4,will have to nudge Rene' again

'

Oh

I see that n ow duh, lol thanks Linda! Looks like Ill be pledging you two more!!!

I sent off 12 6" squares today. Post office says they should be there by Friday. :clap

wow lady, busy girl!! Do you want to receive squares as well cyn, if so, I don't have your info. If you are preferring to send and not recieve, I will post your name as a generous donor,like Bgs, and others, that regularly sends,and doesn't receive. thanks!!

I just wanted to say that I have finished my 2 pledged squares for Pineknott but I am waiting for some money to magically appear in my bank account before I can afford postage. I've got 4 other squares sitting here waiting to go out too, 2 for MrsMcKee, 1 for PiscesCrocheter and 1 that I haven't decided on a recipient yet (it is one of my Carnival Glass squares; the 8" one, not the one that was four squares stitched together. Takers?)

Waiting to hear if the 2 I've sent Linda have reached her yet. :)

Just wanted people to know that I am NO LONGER collecting squares for my girls afghans, apart from the 3 people who have said they'd send the finishing ones I need. If people want to send me a squares I am now collecting for myself (doesn't happen often that I do something for myself). I looking for 8" squares in browns, tans and creams for my "Chocco-ghan". :cheer

I just wanted to say that I have finished my 2 pledged squares for Pineknott but I am waiting for some money to magically appear in my bank account before I can afford postage. I've got 4 other squares sitting here waiting to go out too, 2 for MrsMcKee, 1 for PiscesCrocheter and 1 that I haven't decided on a recipient yet (it is one of my Carnival Glass squares; the 8" one, not the one that was four squares stitched together. Takers?)

Woot! I'll be stalking the mail lady!! :) Thanks! Have you received your replacements?? The carnival glass is gorgeous! Nicely done!

Pineknott - I still need to put your two in the mail box. I have it all packaged up,and ready to go. I just got excited about one of the squares and wanted to show my mom in the car. Lol. So I opened it really carefully, thinking I'd be able to close it up nicely and send it off. It would have probably been fine, but I'll add a little extra tape right now and get it out on my way home from work! :)

[quote name=

Forgot to ask' date=' Hows the pledging going all?? ANd Pineknott, h ow many to date have you received?? That will renew our inspiration if we know, lol well, i can pledge a couple more if you need more, let us know where you're at, ok. thanks........[/quote]

I fullfilled my pledge of 2 squares and mailed it on 11 August.

Archived