Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH! I can't believe I forgot to mention this before... In the house that is our favorite... I will get a CRAFT ROOM!! How exciting is that??? Do any of you have craft rooms?? I'm just so so happy we will be in our own home and not have to deal with being so unsure of where we are going to be and what is going on with the current rental house. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

That's fantastic Kim! It can feel so good to feel settled down somewhere!

I was hoping to have at least a partial craft room when we bought our first house (heh, our only house so far) but... turns out our hobbies take up too much space. So we kind of just ended up with a rotating storage room, depending on which non-bedroom we needed to have emptied out! Also, it turned out I much prefer working in the living room so I can be in the same room as the DH. And now that we have a little one... yeah, the craft room is basically out, and we're looking for a bigger place! (Hopefully then I'll have, not so much a craft room, but maybe a really big closet I can organise all my supplies in so they stay out of everyone else's hair! :D)

Kuddles, that sounds like a great trip! I got to go to a yarn convention near us with my mom once, and we both had way too much fun drooling over the yarn. I don't *think* I bought anything, though I grabbed a few business cards. Trying to be good with the budget and all. :angel

Kuddles, that sounds like a great trip! I got to go to a yarn convention near us with my mom once, and we both had way too much fun drooling over the yarn. I don't *think* I bought anything, though I grabbed a few business cards. Trying to be good with the budget and all. :angel

Yeah I just bought the 4 RH skeins but there were skeins there costing 10, 15, 20 + each! Too rich for my poor blood!

The family party was nice......a relative sings in a band on the side and they performed which was fun!

Baby K couldn't wait to get to bed though! Now I can catch up on here!

Hope everyone had a great day!

kuddles

OH! I can't believe I forgot to mention this before... In the house that is our favorite... I will get a CRAFT ROOM!! How exciting is that??? Do any of you have craft rooms?? I'm just so so happy we will be in our own home and not have to deal with being so unsure of where we are going to be and what is going on with the current rental house. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

That is super awesome! I used to have a craft "area" but, since we've moved to a smaller place, I've had to condense down to my 5-drawer tower, a large plastic storage container, a 12x12x12 cubby for my pattern books, and my grandmother's sewing stool. I crochet on the couch and my sewing machine is now located on the desk. I used to have an entire sewing desk devoted to the craft but now I only get the right "wing" of our L-shaped desk (and the sewing stool fits conveniently right underneathe).

I've packed a lot of stuff into that space though! The tower is completely full of yarn, the sewing stool has all my sewing notions, and the large container has all of my finished-but-unsold stuff, WIP, ribbons, fabric, embroidery and cross-stitch stuff, newspaper-bag plarn, and other misc craft stuff (like my gma's hairpin lace loom that I have no idea how to use!).

I have so many ideas floating around in my head but I don't have the materials for them all. I can't buy anything, well first because of money, but also because I don't have the space! I need to bust my stash before I can buy more :D

Hope that everything works out fine with the purchase. Its one of the best feelings to be a new home owner. I don't have a craft room, use a corner of my bedroom for it, but its very little space so I also use my diningroom and a corner of the lounge, it just depends on the type of craft I favour at that particular stage.

Ha, I always said, can't get a maid, cause I would have to CLEAN more if i did!! a

ANyway.... I am lucky enough to have a craft room, which comes in handy when you have cats, and I do, soooo, everything is in the craft room, and the kitties are only allowed in there now and then, under close supervision! Precious the siamese doesn't care about the stuff in there, just wants to be with me, where as Max the Tyrant, loves yarn balls, and has been known to sneak out with not only balls of yarn, but a skein or two as well dragging it out in his mouth!!

So, lucky for me, the door shuts,and the crafts and yarns are safe from nosy, curious, but lovable kitties!!!!!! The only one that behaves very well in there, is the doggie, and she is just wanting to be where I am as well! Never bothers anything, and goes out when I do!

Im not sure one room is enough though, lol as it just seems to encourage over buyage, and stash, lol, now, if I had two craft rooms.....................................:think:think

Ha, I always said, can't get a maid, cause I would have to CLEAN more if i did!! a

ANyway.... I am lucky enough to have a craft room, which comes in handy when you have cats, and I do, soooo, everything is in the craft room, and the kitties are only allowed in there now and then, under close supervision! Precious the siamese doesn't care about the stuff in there, just wants to be with me, where as Max the Tyrant, loves yarn balls, and has been known to sneak out with not only balls of yarn, but a skein or two as well dragging it out in his mouth!!

So, lucky for me, the door shuts,and the crafts and yarns are safe from nosy, curious, but lovable kitties!!!!!! The only one that behaves very well in there, is the doggie, and she is just wanting to be where I am as well! Never bothers anything, and goes out when I do!

Im not sure one room is enough though, lol as it just seems to encourage over buyage, and stash, lol, now, if I had two craft rooms.....................................:think:think

Too funny about Max! My cats don't really pay much mind to my yarn, unless I leave a WIP out, then they like to lay on it. So, I keep my WIP's in a walmart bag, tied up, and then leave it on or near the couch (for easy access!). Of course, they like to lay on that too. Kitties love crinkly bags!

The real culprits are my little girls. They LOVE my yarn! Whether it is a string, a ball, a WIP, or a finished item, they love it all. Heck, they love the notions too! Hooks, hook cases, scissors :eek, yarn needles...all are subject to being pilfered, mistreated, and lost.

Speaking of lost, that last 2-in square turned up today. It was just laying there in the middle of the floor. I have NO idea where it was stashed! :think Oh, those girls! :manyheart

isn't that funny about the maids,people over in Sicily( americans) used to do the same thing

when we had cats,one was crazy for yarn,the other one couldn't be bothered with it

she would sit on my lap and head butt my arm,she wanted petting not watch me crochet

Too funny about Max! My cats don't really pay much mind to my yarn, unless I leave a WIP out, then they like to lay on it. So, I keep my WIP's in a walmart bag, tied up, and then leave it on or near the couch (for easy access!). Of course, they like to lay on that too. Kitties love crinkly bags!

The real culprits are my little girls. They LOVE my yarn! Whether it is a string, a ball, a WIP, or a finished item, they love it all. Heck, they love the notions too! Hooks, hook cases, scissors :eek, yarn needles...all are subject to being pilfered, mistreated, and lost.

Speaking of lost, that last 2-in square turned up today. It was just laying there in the middle of the floor. I have NO idea where it was stashed! :think Oh, those girls! :manyheart

oh too cute, be nice to them, they are future Hookers!!! he he he

isn't that funny about the maids,people over in Sicily( americans) used to do the same thing

when we had cats,one was crazy for yarn,the other one couldn't be bothered with it

she would sit on my lap and head butt my arm,she wanted petting not watch me crochet

awww, kitties know exactly how to get wht they want....when they want it, lol

Guess what friends??

We went house hunting again today... and we didn't find a house. WE FOUND TWO!! I don't even need to tell you guys how excited we are! The realtor is working on an offer for our favorite house as we speak... type? Read? Either way, we are super happy! Today was a much more successful house hunting day! So much happier to end the day with two possible houses instead of looking at 9 and not liking any. Just so great!

Just wanted to share the great news! :)

Yay for you!! I can't wait til we get to start house hunting here..hopefully by the end of the year. I have every intention of having a craft room. I have been planning one now since January, and every time I come up with an idea, I write it down. I also have an entire board on :pinterest dedicated to craft room ideas. I'm still contemplating yarn storage because I hate the way mine is stored now, but I have lots of other great ideas.

"...when they want it..." Yeah, isn't that the key! My calico will only tolerate attention when she wants it and it is her idea. It's usually when we are trying to sleep or doing homework!

ours was a calico too,sweetest cat we ever had

ours was a calico too,sweetest cat we ever had

Seriously? Our calico is the most cantankerous cat I've ever owned!!! She is so anti-social she barely tolerates her own sister (we adopted littermates).

The sweetest cats I've ever owned were a brother-sister pair of siamese. Koko died 3 years ago at the age of 11 and his sister, Lily, died just 6 mos later. I still miss them :cry. They were the first cats that we had owned for more than a couple of years (they were also our first strictly-indoor cats).

Sniff...Okay! On a lighter note, I start my job tomorrow. Yay! Yes, I am actually very excited :D

HEY KATIE - Look what turned up almost two months after it had been posted!!! I bet if a puffie could talk it would have a story to share :D

Thank you for my square! I love the colours. Now I will sit back and wait for it's sibling to turn up ... Hopefully not in October!

post-26847-135897773025_thumb.jpg

Seriously? Our calico is the most cantankerous cat I've ever owned!!! She is so anti-social she barely tolerates her own sister (we adopted littermates).

So funny, I also had a calico years ago that was a stinker! She nipped when I tried to pet her, had an attitude.....well just not a pleasant cat! My Maine Coon though was the biggest, sweetest almost dog like cat in the world! He used to chase my dog! They slept together snuggled up!

Ah I miss my Garfield and my dog!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

I just love hearing about all the pets. :)

We have two fur babies. Our black burmese kitty, Gracie, I adopted while in college. We both really needed each other. She has no idea she's a cat. Pretty sure she thinks she's a dog. She will come when you call her, "bark" at you - you can really have a whole conversation with her, and she follows me around the house at my heels.

Then, last October, DH and I decided she needed a friend. She would meow at our door all night long. I wish she could snuggle in the bed with us but hubby has severe allergies and it just wouldn't work so she isn't allowed in our room. We found a perfect 6 month old Red Tabby to bring home. Named him Pi. DH and I are pretty big nerds. :)

Took awhile for them to warm up to each other, but now they're the best of friends. They're both interested when I crochet, but know better than to go after the yarn. I've just learned Tunisian though and Pi can't help but go after the long hook. :)

DH and I are pretty big nerds. :)

Hehe nought wrong in that! :D Same here with Mr Skoggy and I, and we have Mini-Geek as well. :P If we get another cat (I so wish we will), if its male we want to called it Freeman (as in Gordon Freeman from the Half-Life games) and Jaina if its female (Jaina Proudmore character from World of Warcraft). The pet I loved the name of was one of Cornsnakes I had about 5 years ago. Not nerdy or geeky but still fantastic. I had an Amel-Motley hatchling who was slightly deformed, he one eye bigger than the other. I called him Mad-Eye as in Mad-Eye Moody from Harry Potter. :D

Awww.... I want a furry or scaley companion again but our apartment at the moment is too small. Oh well, next year we get a house and then we can animal friends living with us :D

Well, I don't have an animal, kinda wish I could have one but then again, kinda glad I don't. I am hardly ever home, so it wouldn't be fair to them! I want, though, a cat, but I also want one of those little dogs you see women put in their purses! Something cute and cuddly! Bigger, though, than the teacup size!

As far as a craft room, I have a three bedroom mobile home but I one of the ladies moved in and her son has the other room. Once she moves out, and if I can still afford this place, I want to turn one room into a guest room (I want my mom to move down here and have her stay with me) and the other is my craft room. Of course, if my mom doesn't move down here, that room is still going to have a bed in there plus my crafts. You never know when I might be up crafting all night and end up falling asleep! I might have to move my bedroom to the smaller rooms and make the larger room the crafting room. I want a section for crochet, a section for cross stitch, a section for sewing, a section for fans, a section for jewelry and a section for floral arrangements. Oh shoot, maybe I need to just sleep on the couch and turn all three bedrooms into crafting rooms!!!

When those gnomes and pixies show up at someone's house, send them my way when you are done please and thanks!!!

So funny, I also had a calico years ago that was a stinker! She nipped when I tried to pet her, had an attitude.....well just not a pleasant cat! My Maine Coon though was the biggest, sweetest almost dog like cat in the world! He used to chase my dog! They slept together snuggled up!

Too precious! I love doggy and kitty pals!

I just love hearing about all the pets. :)

We have two fur babies. Our black burmese kitty, Gracie, I adopted while in college. We both really needed each other. She has no idea she's a cat. Pretty sure she thinks she's a dog. She will come when you call her, "bark" at you - you can really have a whole conversation with her, and she follows me around the house at my heels.

I've just learned Tunisian though and Pi can't help but go after the long hook. :)

Dh and I are nerds too! :P Hey, its the best crowd to be in!

I love your story about Gracie. It reminds me of Koko. He would play fetch (only with beanie toys though) and he liked to stick his head out the window of the car (while safely harnessed and restrained!).

Too cute about Pi and the long hook! My sweatheart, a long-haired "tuxedo" cat, loves to bat at my knitting needles! I love the playful look in her eyes!

HEY KATIE - Look what turned up almost two months after it had been posted!!! I bet if a puffie could talk it would have a story to share :D

Thank you for my square! I love the colours. Now I will sit back and wait for it's sibling to turn up ... Hopefully not in October!

Very pretty!

We don't have kitties... just 3 pugs. They could care less about my yarn except to occasionally sniff it. Even if it happens to roll by them, they just look at me like, "You excpet me to get off of my lazy rear end and chase that??!"

I've always been a cat person, never really liked dogs. But I became a dog owner late June this year when a homeless and seriously neglected Jack Russel showed up at my house. He was very scared of people and ran away tail between the legs when approached. Long story short, I took him in and we bonded very quickly. I'm amazed by the capacity of a dog's love. He follows me everywhere I go and wont let me out of sight. Now he is my dog, my own Scruffy, always near to protect me. Then there's also my sun conure, a bright orange and yellow and green parrot. I also babysit my daughter's cat and dog while they are working.

Archived