Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow, nice eye candy! :eek Thanks for sending us a pic! Squares should start rolling in Pineknott real soon, these girls are quick with a hook, you know!

Before i forget to mention this, I am doing another kleenex box cover giveaway! It's pink, white, hot pink, and a bit of rose, trimmed in white, oh well here, take a look, if you're interested, I wanted you all to get a chance, so tell me in that thread, if you want to be in the running for a random chance to win it! thanks all, off to do something productive, crochet!! lol :cheer

you can see it here! :hug

And being a winner of one of Katy's tissue boxes, I just tell you how wonderful they are! Mine is sitting in my DD's room and she loves it!

kuddles

Working on the first of Linda's squares. I quite like working with the RHSS. It's so thick!!Plus my 5mm hook is making an appearance for the first time in a long time. My 4mm is my hook of choice.

Got a beautiful square in the mail from Bubbe yesterday! We forgot to check the mail and my dad had my puffy sitting on the kitchen table waiting for me when I came down for coffee!

Thanks, Bubbe!!! :hug And for once my colors turned out accurate!

post-11765-135897771736_thumb.jpg

Working on the first of Linda's squares. I quite like working with the RHSS. It's so thick!!Plus my 5mm hook is making an appearance for the first time in a long time. My 4mm is my hook of choice.

ooh so glad you like RH, it and ILTY is about all i get anymore, Vanna's once in a whilte, don't get Caron much anymore, too slick to work with! Glad you are enjoying working with it!

Got a beautiful square in the mail from Bubbe yesterday! We forgot to check the mail and my dad had my puffy sitting on the kitchen table waiting for me when I came down for coffee!

oh pretty square!!!!!!

You are welcome! I found that pattern on The Crochet Dude's site...it's called Cat Tracks. It's my latest patty to obsess on..hehe!

(Oops...have to Edit myself - This was one like his. His is better. )

That is a very pretty square.

Hi ya all, got a question i thought I would run by all of you..:think

To be able to qualify for biggest square, would you think that the person would have to be accepting squares, not just in for instance, like me Im just sending, (i never put my name in the hat) but someone that actually needs to collect to start or finish an afghan?? Woudln't matter to me if it were her first or her fifth as long as she is collecting, she is elligible, right??? Lemme know, when you can, thanks! :manyheart

Yep I think so.If someone isn't collecting and wants a chance to be biggest square, they should give you their preferences to be put back on the front page as active.

Yep I think so.If someone isn't collecting and wants a chance to be biggest square, they should give you their preferences to be put back on the front page as active.

I agree!

Hi all, wow! Im so excited. My heart is pounding at a rate of one million per minute! I'm scared that I will get a heart attack. Its snowing SNOW. For the first time in my life I see snow. (i'm 54) O.K. admit it is only a very light dusting of snow, but who cares. We danced in it for the few minutes it lasted. Hope to get more, but no, just checked, the sun is coming out again.

Hi all, wow! Im so excited. My heart is pounding at a rate of one million per minute! I'm scared that I will get a heart attack. Its snowing SNOW. For the first time in my life I see snow. (i'm 54) O.K. admit it is only a very light dusting of snow, but who cares. We danced in it for the few minutes it lasted. Hope to get more, but no, just checked, the sun is coming out again.

Wow! That's so neat. It's hard to even think about snow when we are having 100 degree days here in Texas! Actually, this summer's heat hasn't been too bad just yet. Not as bad as previous summers anyway.

I guess when I think of South Africa,snow is not one of the things that comes to mind,I grew up in New York,when at times we had waist high blizzards,where I'm at now in Virginia,we don't get much snow,too close to the coast,but inland Virginia can get some heavy snows

wow Karin! Snow is fun to play in, so long as it doesn't last too long, and isnt too cold outside to boot!!

Thanks for the opinions, I think you're right, so there goes a requirement, gotta be actively collecting, otherwise, why would you want to be elligble for biggest square?

So it shall be done.

On to more biz at hand, weather here, normal, hot, maybe a few sprinkles later on, but nothing to count on! Trees and grass are in dormant stages now, too late to save them this year, hottest 7 months in Nebraska history, and July took the prize for the hottest month EVER in Nebraska....I really suspect this is a precursor to what might soon become our normal from here on out...

How is everyone coming on thier pledges, and did everyone fullfill thier pledges for Lee last month, I still have not heard, it's like he dropped off the face of the planet, I hope all is ok. those of you that may have an inside track to Lee, please let us know, if you know when and if he will be back? thanks......

Pizza here, gotta run, keep cool!!

I remember my first snow. I was 18. It was in southern California, so yeah, it didn't happen very often! I still get excited over snow even though now I live in Illinois and they get plenty! It is still a novelty to me.

Fireflies are also still a novelty. I didn't see my first ones until I was 20 and living in upstate New York. So beautiful!

ETA: I GOT THE JOB! YIPPEE!

I remember my first snow. I was 18. It was in southern California, so yeah, it didn't happen very often! I still get excited over snow even though now I live in Illinois and they get plenty! It is still a novelty to me.

Fireflies are also still a novelty. I didn't see my first ones until I was 20 and living in upstate New York. So beautiful!

Oh that is so neat, your first firefly, wow. I can remember in the summer, chasing through the back yard, putting them in a jar, but we always felt that they should be free, so we would let them go again, when we had to go in for the night...

I can remember seeing my first humming bird though, it was at least 10 years ago, hovering in my flower bed, at first I thought it was quite a large bee, but the colors were wrong, and then I saw the longggg beak..And her daughter was in the other flower bed, smaller, but Im thinking they were mother daughter, lol Wonderful little creatures!! :manyheartThanks Cindy, for stirring up that delightful memory! Haven't seen another one to this day.............

wow Lee!! Good to hear from you! I hope you got quite a few squares from the BIggest Square last month, and we will be looking forward to a total, when you can , and so sorry you have been ill....:( and glad you are back among us Squares!!!!! DOn't be a stranger now, lol......:devil

Lee emailed me the total, but the email sat in my spam folder for a day or two,( i have corrected that and he is no longer going to my spam! So sorry Lee!) just now got it, and he says he has recieved 17 to date, which he was very happy to have gotten. Told me to pass on a thank you to all that sent him something! So here it is, Thank you!! from Lee. Our July's Biggest Square!

Wow on the snow Krieke! I have seen snow once in my life. We have to go two hours away into the mountains, called Barrington Tops, to see it. My car is not 4WD but one day I want my kids to see snow.

I have one round of my second square to finish, plus one more square for Linda. Then I need to rework Lee's squares and send them out with Mady's square that has been sitting here forever waiting for a spare $30 to be sent.

Archived