Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Bubbe! Speak and they doth appear!!! I got your puffy this morning. Thank you, my friend, for the 2 squares and the added extra. :hug I love the varigated colour on the bigger square.

post-54070-135897770768_thumb.jpg

And yes, that is Felicia's hand in the shot :D She is about to swipe it :lol

Nearly there :woo

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add: Snowflake pledged one of each and I've had another pledge for one of each.

2 more of each needed now and thats it! :D

Bubbe! Speak and they doth appear!!! I got your puffy this morning. Thank you, my friend, for the 2 squares and the added extra. :hug I love the varigated colour on the bigger square.

[ATTACH]57413[/ATTACH]

Wow!~ It got there super quick! Glad you like and hope they will work out for you.

Very pretty eye candy......

[ATTACH]57413[/ATTACH]

This morning I received a lovely large puffy from bgs. Thank you so much I love them all! The ladybug for my little ladybug is fabulous! :c9:hug

You are welcome. :hug:hug I can't believe they got there so fast.

wow, first let me say I too am worried about Paula's squares reaching her, it's been since around the beginning of july I sent them off. Wait and see, and if my budget allows, Ill replace them for you Paula....

Nice squares everyone, such pretties!!!

Tomorrow is the first of August, and we get another biggest square!!!!! This gal posts at least a couple times a week, so I know this next one will go smoothly, lol And as for Lee, haven't heard yet a thing, will email tonight, and see how the count is going, curious to see how many were collected during the month !!

Kim still needs squares for her charity, I have found some ready to be mailed, but like Cindy, my budget for August is still up in the air! Broke my toe, extra expense,,, had to replace a car battery, extra expense, and had the a/c worked on, extra, so we'll see how it goes on mailing, lol I can usually eke out a few bucks, for that, so keep fingers crossed!

Cindy, did you move?? or in the process thereof? Are you the one whose landlord is filing bankruptcy and had to leave with little notice, or who was that?? well anyway, Ill be back a bit later, please have a great afternoon, still hot here, no rain in over a month, we're all drying up!

Hi Melia, nice to see your posts again! Well, we simply refer to Puffy's as a manilla envelope, holding a square or two, that's all! Some use bubble envelopes, some use reg, in a zip lock, or wrapped in something in the envelope, but never the less, they are always more puffy that flat! ha ha, so that is a puffy!!!!!!!

just a quick Hello

busily working on my Greek games challenge on # 8 hat of 20

well that is a great start, are you crocheting them, knitting them, or looming them??

Just to add: Snowflake pledged one of each and I've had another pledge for one of each.

2 more of each needed now and thats it! :D

yay, you're getting there!

Cindy, did you move?? or in the process thereof? Are you the one whose landlord is filing bankruptcy and had to leave with little notice, or who was that?? well anyway, Ill be back a bit later, please have a great afternoon, still hot here, no rain in over a month, we're all drying up!

Katy, That is me! Our landlords filed bankruptcy last week. We got the paperwork last night in the mail, so we have been looking over everything trying to figure out what all the legal jargon means. So confusing. Luckily, hubby has a friend who is a lawyer, so he will take a look at it for us and make sure there's nothing too scary in there. :) From my understanding of the papers, nothing is finalized with their bankruptcy process until at the very least September 5th, but most likely nothing can really be done until December!!! So that means, we can stay in our house until December RENT FREE!!!! That would be HUGE for us! Hopefully I'm reading it all correctly and that's what it means! :) We'll see.

i have a question what are puffys? i keep seeing it metioned but i dont know what it means....

I asked the same thing shortly after I joined a few weeks ago! :) Ever wondering about something, just ask. Everyone is so nice! :)

Oh! Sorry for all the posts, but one more thing...

I have started a charity in my local area - Houston. I'm collecting scarves and hats for women, children, and babies to take to my local women's shelter. I know it's hard to think about the winter months when it's so darn hot out right now. But it does get quite cold in Houston too.

I posted a thread about it under the charity section if you are interested. I'll also take squares of any color, size, or pattern if you don't have time to make a wearable. I don't mind doing the sewing to put them all together to make a ghan.

I'd really appreciate any help. I have participated in many upon many charity crochet projects by donating items I've made. But this is the first time I'm the leader in a group, so I'm really excited to see how this all goes! :) Thanks, friends!! :)

Katy, That is me! Our landlords filed bankruptcy last week. We got the paperwork last night in the mail, so we have been looking over everything trying to figure out what all the legal jargon means. So confusing. Luckily, hubby has a friend who is a lawyer, so he will take a look at it for us and make sure there's nothing too scary in there. :) From my understanding of the papers, nothing is finalized with their bankruptcy process until at the very least September 5th, but most likely nothing can really be done until December!!! So that means, we can stay in our house until December RENT FREE!!!! That would be HUGE for us! Hopefully I'm reading it all correctly and that's what it means! :) We'll see.

ah yes, so it was, ha ha, thanks for the memory help! Hope it all works out in your favor!

Oh! Sorry for all the posts, but one more thing...

I have started a charity in my local area - Houston. I'm collecting scarves and hats for women, children, and babies to take to my local women's shelter. I know it's hard to think about the winter months when it's so darn hot out right now. But it does get quite cold in Houston too.

I posted a thread about it under the charity section if you are interested. I'll also take squares of any color, size, or pattern if you don't have time to make a wearable. I don't mind doing the sewing to put them all together to make a ghan.

I'd really appreciate any help. I have participated in many upon many charity crochet projects by donating items I've made. But this is the first time I'm the leader in a group, so I'm really excited to see how this all goes! :) Thanks, friends!! :)

How nice, I do many things in my local area, and that way save on postage as well, but Im sure many others will chip in as well, good luck, a really generous ambition to tackle! Ill help if I can !

Hi Melia, nice to see your posts again! Well, we simply refer to Puffy's as a manilla envelope, holding a square or two, that's all! Some use bubble envelopes, some use reg, in a zip lock, or wrapped in something in the envelope, but never the less, they are always more puffy that flat! ha ha, so that is a puffy!!!!!!!

thank you! and it is great to be back on here :hug

wow, first let me say I too am worried about Paula's squares reaching her, it's been since around the beginning of july I sent them off. Wait and see, and if my budget allows, Ill replace them for you Paula....

Nice squares everyone, such pretties!!!

Tomorrow is the first of August, and we get another biggest square!!!!! This gal posts at least a couple times a week, so I know this next one will go smoothly, lol And as for Lee, haven't heard yet a thing, will email tonight, and see how the count is going, curious to see how many were collected during the month !!

Kim still needs squares for her charity, I have found some ready to be mailed, but like Cindy, my budget for August is still up in the air! Broke my toe, extra expense,,, had to replace a car battery, extra expense, and had the a/c worked on, extra, so we'll see how it goes on mailing, lol I can usually eke out a few bucks, for that, so keep fingers crossed!

I can so relate to those unexpected expensives,we've had our fair share of them since April,mostly car related.

I'd like to but never have enough to get in the 'ville swaps that go on,I try to do a few roak.if you want,come over to team big heart or team insanity,I posted pics of the hats I've done so far

Good morning everyone! I checked in to see who the biggest square is, but maybe I'm too eager and early. Still sound asleep, hmmm? :D

This is a very scary, crazy and exciting month for us, as we are starting our own business from scratch. Its been a dream of my daughter and me to start a business together - hair, nails and beauty. She's the creative one and I'm the one with the financial background. Yesterday afternoon we found the perfect space in a busy street and later the new salon furniture was delivered to my house. Its stacked behind me where I sit in front of the computer. Luckily it will only be for this month, as we are planning to open God willing the 1st September - Spring day in South Africa. So, we are just a little bit nervous to start the new venture, but also confident and excited. My daughter has been in the salon business for 10 years now, gathering experience and a solid and loyal customer base. I'll have to stop babbling now and will check in later. See you

Good morning everyone! I checked in to see who the biggest square is, but maybe I'm too eager and early. Still sound asleep, hmmm? :D

This is a very scary, crazy and exciting month for us, as we are starting our own business from scratch. Its been a dream of my daughter and me to start a business together - hair, nails and beauty. She's the creative one and I'm the one with the financial background. Yesterday afternoon we found the perfect space in a busy street and later the new salon furniture was delivered to my house. Its stacked behind me where I sit in front of the computer. Luckily it will only be for this month, as we are planning to open God willing the 1st September - Spring day in South Africa. So, we are just a little bit nervous to start the new venture, but also confident and excited. My daughter has been in the salon business for 10 years now, gathering experience and a solid and loyal customer base. I'll have to stop babbling now and will check in later. See you

Congrats on the business!!! I know that this is a very exciting time for you! I know it will be successful as we women love to get our nails and hair done!!! :D I know that God is going to bless ya socks off in this venture!!!

I was going to email you about this. I also work as a Paralegal and we do bankruptcy, foreclosures and evictions. When I did my own BK, it took about four months from the date of filing, but I had no assets and filed Chapter 7 (which is the quickest). I am going to email you cause there is a something you might want to consider thru this.

Archived