Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

BIG NEWS Y'ALL!!

I got my first squares today!!! You have no idea how excited I was!!

I had an especially rough day today at work and when I walked in, I saw the puffy sitting on my kitchen table. Hubby usually gets home before me and picks up the mail. I was so excited! I grabbed the package and ran to the office (hubby has been working really hard lately) and was jumping around saying "Do you know what this is?!?!?!" Of course he knew - he has only taken 4 puffies to the PO for me in the past week. He was so happy that I got one! :)

So big thank you to KATIE for sending my first puffy! :):D:D:D

well yay, glad you liked um!! You are certainly welcome!

Immafreak, Sorry to here about the ER visit.How stressful! Relax and enjoy your recovery time. :hug

Congrats Linda!!! I pledge 3 squares. I have a four large balls of RHSS just waiting to be used! (Guess what,one's carrot! LOL)

SKOGGY IT CAME!!!

I love my new square! The pattern and colour is gorgeous.Can't wait to continue my bordering. I think I am going to have to hurry up and start sewing some into strips.

wow nice pledges everyone!! Im so proud of us all for stepping up!! great eye candy, Paula, still waiting for mine???

2 more for Pineknott!! :cheerOn

I've been :crocheting like crazy lately- everybody wants owls and the state fair starts next month so I have to have all my stuff together to enter the crochet competition! I did so well last year that I have to do it again. :hook

Fortunately squares work really well at breaking monotony! :P

wow, gggrrrrrreat on the pledge, and good luck at the fair!! I know you'll win a blue ribbon, keep us posted!

I LOVE owls. When we have our bi-monthly markets, the owls are the first thing I look for!

Woohoo Mrs McKee! That first package is so exciting. Happy to report, so is every other puffie you recieve! It never gets old :D

It is it is, great fun to recieve, great fun to send!!

In other news.......stll no update from Lee *distinctives123* so don't know a final count yet! I have written an email, and a pm, so hopefully will get an update soon! Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry Katy.No sign of yours. I think it may be lost forever.Or will turn up when my ghans complete and force me to start another :D

I will replace them Paula, as soon as I can, so sorry about that. :think

Ye-HAW PINEKNOTT!!!

Put me down for two. Better get hookin'!

excellent pledge!! you go girl!! :cheer

Not your fault Katy. Wouldn't be surprised if the postie delivered to the wrong address. I have had to deliver 3 different pieces of mail because it has the right house number, different street since I moved in April. May turn up eventually.

Feeling the love today!! Just got home from the kids school open day to find the postie had left me another puffie. This one from Abigail!

Thank you Abigail,I love it!! It is perfect for my ghan!

post-26847-135897771235_thumb.jpg

Yay! I'm so glad your squares have finally arrived! I was getting concerned and slightly annoyed that they hadn't got to you yet! :cheer

2 more for Pineknott!! :cheer

I've been :crocheting like crazy lately- everybody wants owls and the state fair starts next month so I have to have all my stuff together to enter the crochet competition! I did so well last year that I have to do it again. :hook

Fortunately squares work really well at breaking monotony! :P

we still have a state fair? I thought they were doing away with it due to money problems.we haven't been to the newer location.

Thanks for the concern ladies and gents about me getting my puffies...I get them just fine as long as that little "#647" is included in my address...Most of my puffies fit in the mailbox, so don't you worry one bit...

Put me down for 2 squares for PINEKNOTT...

I received my first square and was so excited. I have had a rough summer and it seems to keep piling on. Unfortunately my brother isn't going to live long so my mind hasn't been on the squares. So it was nice someone was thinking of me. Thank you Katyallen8090 it made my day a little brighter.

I received my first square and was so excited. I have had a rough summer and it seems to keep piling on. Unfortunately my brother isn't going to live long so my mind hasn't been on the squares. So it was nice someone was thinking of me. Thank you Katyallen8090 it made my day a little brighter.

sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult time:hug

I totally understand.....

wow, first let me say I too am worried about Paula's squares reaching her, it's been since around the beginning of july I sent them off. Wait and see, and if my budget allows, Ill replace them for you Paula....

Nice squares everyone, such pretties!!!

Tomorrow is the first of August, and we get another biggest square!!!!! This gal posts at least a couple times a week, so I know this next one will go smoothly, lol And as for Lee, haven't heard yet a thing, will email tonight, and see how the count is going, curious to see how many were collected during the month !!

Kim still needs squares for her charity, I have found some ready to be mailed, but like Cindy, my budget for August is still up in the air! Broke my toe, extra expense,,, had to replace a car battery, extra expense, and had the a/c worked on, extra, so we'll see how it goes on mailing, lol I can usually eke out a few bucks, for that, so keep fingers crossed!

Cindy, did you move?? or in the process thereof? Are you the one whose landlord is filing bankruptcy and had to leave with little notice, or who was that?? well anyway, Ill be back a bit later, please have a great afternoon, still hot here, no rain in over a month, we're all drying up!

Oh so sorry to hear of your brothers illness, I am sending postive healing thoughts up to the Universe!

I totally understand.....

thanks Kim, I won't make you wait too awfully long for them, I promise!

Hows everyone doing on their square making?? I finished up a couple, dusted and vacuumed my craft room, emptied the trash , scooped the cat box, cooked some crumbled up hamburger to have for home made pizza tomorrow night, did dishes, ummm,. made my bed, folded some clothes from the dryer, and did i mention,,,,CROCHETED!! lol

one of these days, when it is cooler, I will dig in my craft room closet, find the right bin, and pull out the scarves and hats and stuff and send them along to a couple charities on the thread here, but too hot to get all sweaty and lift stuff, wait till I have help, lol

I mean, isn't that one of the top reasons we keep men around,,,,,lifting heavy stuff, killing spiders, pooper scooping the yard????? what job (s) specifically belong to a male in your house, besides, you know building, and stuff!! Oh and i forgot, putting a new belt on the vacuums!! Man, I absolutely can not do that! Impossible! lol:eek

I mean, isn't that one of the top reasons we keep men around,,,,,lifting heavy stuff, killing spiders, pooper scooping the yard????? what job (s) specifically belong to a male in your house, besides, you know building, and stuff!! Oh and i forgot, putting a new belt on the vacuums!! Man, I absolutely can not do that! Impossible! lol:eek

My hubby is also great at distracting the kiddos while I clean the house. If it was the other way around, the house would never get clean. Not because I can't distract the kids but because he can't clean!

I've applied for lots of jobs but haven't heard back from any of them until today. I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY MORNING!!!!! :cheer It is part-time and minimum wage but a job is a job. Anything that will help pay the bills is a blessing at this point! Bonus: it is at a library, and I'm a bibliophile, so I know I'll love it!

My hubby is also great at distracting the kiddos while I clean the house. If it was the other way around, the house would never get clean. Not because I can't distract the kids but because he can't clean!

I've applied for lots of jobs but haven't heard back from any of them until today. I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY MORNING!!!!! :cheer It is part-time and minimum wage but a job is a job. Anything that will help pay the bills is a blessing at this point! Bonus: it is at a library, and I'm a bibliophile, so I know I'll love it!

Yaaaaaaay!! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!! :)

Hi everyone, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I seen the dr today and she is scheduling me for an ultrasound on september 6th. she wants to give the cysts time to heal on thier own, then if they dont we will discuss surgery and other options. so I just have to relax and wait till then. but I am doing ok for now :)

what job (s) specifically belong to a male in your house, besides, you know building, and stuff!! Oh and i forgot, putting a new belt on the vacuums!! Man, I absolutely can not do that! Impossible! lol:eek

My hubby is absolutely, positively beyond amazing. He does MOST of the housework. I work very very long hours. I'm a nanny for two little ladybugs and work from 6 am to about 5:30 (depends when the parents get home) M-F. By the time I actually get home, it's a 12 hour day minimum. Needless to say, I'm exhausted. However, I usually come home to hubby in the kitchen loading/unloading the dishwasher, dinner started, and a load of laundry going. I know he's amazing - sorry ladies, he's all mine!! :) :) :) :)

He knows those are all things I do at work and really don't want to come home to, so he takes care of it. And guess what?? He is actually HAPPY (genuinely happy) to do it. He takes such good care of me.

I do all the vacuuming though because he has such bad allergies, it would not end well. He is allergic to cats (yes, this man loves me so much that he does the house work AND lets me have my two fur babies even though he is allergic!) So I make sure to vacuum right before we leave the house on weekends. That way all the crud I kick up vacuuming has time to settle again before we come home.

I love bragging about my amazing husband. :) Everyone tells me that he does this because we are still in the "honeymoon phase" of marriage. We have only been married 3 months. But I don't buy it. This is just him. :) He does it from a place of love, not from wanting to be praised for it.

I think we should all brag on our loved ones! What is something your significant other does for you that just makes you smile ear to ear? Why is your loved one special?? :)

Hi everyone, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I seen the dr today and she is scheduling me for an ultrasound on september 6th. she wants to give the cysts time to heal on thier own, then if they dont we will discuss surgery and other options. so I just have to relax and wait till then. but I am doing ok for now :)

Glad to hear you're okay now. Keep us posted about the surgery. We will be thinking of you! :hug

quite welcome! Glad you liked the puffy!

aw, hang in there for a while yet, glad you are a bit better though....

My hubby is absolutely, positively beyond amazing. He does MOST of the housework. I work very very long hours. I'm a nanny for two little ladybugs and work from 6 am to about 5:30 (depends when the parents get home) M-F. By the time I actually get home, it's a 12 hour day minimum. Needless to say, I'm exhausted. However, I usually come home to hubby in the kitchen loading/unloading the dishwasher, dinner started, and a load of laundry going. I know he's amazing - sorry ladies, he's all mine!! :) :) :) :)

He knows those are all things I do at work and really don't want to come home to, so he takes care of it. And guess what?? He is actually HAPPY (genuinely happy) to do it. He takes such good care of me.

I do all the vacuuming though because he has such bad allergies, it would not end well. He is allergic to cats (yes, this man loves me so much that he does the house work AND lets me have my two fur babies even though he is allergic!) So I make sure to vacuum right before we leave the house on weekends. That way all the crud I kick up vacuuming has time to settle again before we come home.

I love bragging about my amazing husband. :) Everyone tells me that he does this because we are still in the "honeymoon phase" of marriage. We have only been married 3 months. But I don't buy it. This is just him. :) He does it from a place of love, not from wanting to be praised for it.

I think we should all brag on our loved ones! What is something your significant other does for you that just makes you smile ear to ear? Why is your loved one special?? :)

That sounds wonderful. On July 31st me and my hubs celebrated 30 yrs. He's always been the one that did things for no reason and has always loved me in spite of myself.

You go ahead and brag all you want! And make sure that he hears it...it's good for the old ego. :manyheart

Archived