Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hey everyone! We finally have been getting some rain the last 2 days! Still hot though. I've spent the morning fixing my project book, editing and moving stuff around. I finally came up with a perfect method so I can edit all I want to without crossing stuff our, or ripping out pages. Guess I'm going yarn shopping today :)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Red Heart package is on its way!!! Yay! Can't wait. :woo Got a variety of yarn and even got some size 10 fiery red thread for some more thread crochet. Brought a fantastic dragon doily pattern from Ravelry... can't wait! I :heart dragons. :)

Does mean, however, that those specifically requesting RHSS squares will be getting them within the next month. Watch out for PMs. Also, the Tax Man was very kind to us on friday (gotta love backdated monies) so I'm going to send out quite a few puffies now I KNOW I can afford them with no worries.

The weather over here in my part of the UK has been nice and warm, but not overly so. Enjoyed getting out and about without having to wrap up incase of rain. Mr Skoggy is off work next week so we are hoping for good weather for a trip to Edinburgh Zoo and a couple of days on the beach maybe.

My bump is 26 weeks old this week so nearly at the third trimester... time to buy baby clothes! It's nice this time as we know what we are having. Last time we were just buying neutral coloured items but this time is pink pink pink (and purple, flowers, bunnies and kitties :lol)! :manyheart:hug

Hope you are all well, my American buddies! :hug

Hi all,

and welcome to our new member! Our new member is Owlvamp! (Sandra) so please welcome her! She likes 12" in reds, blues, greens, white, black or brown. Not sure if she wants solids or not, but you can pm her and ask! HOPE to see you around the thread Sandra, any questions, just ask!!:clap

dragonracer :hug

Welcome Owlvamp :cheer

For the flat braid method try google or crochet.about.com and search it there. its really quite easy once you get the hang of it and I thinks its very pretty :)

hello people of crochetville! i'm sorry i haven't gotten on in a long time been busy with work and then enjoying time with my family in my free time. but im back! :clap

Woot! Got an awesome square from Bubbe the other day. Thank you so much! :c9

You are very welcome!

Well I'm trying to type on a different computer than what I'm used to. The keyboard is so bunched up. My laptop just stopped working and gave me a black screen with an error message....the hard drive is dead dead dead. The hubs is trying to retrieve stuff off it but it may be a loss. My pics, my patterns, my everything! :( totally sad.

But on a lighter note....I'm getting another little pile ready for the PO.

I tell ya - crochet is better than therapy and way cheaper. Computer fries? No worries, just crochet!

I tell ya - crochet is better than therapy and way cheaper. Computer fries? No worries, just crochet!

That's totally true! My husband called this morning to tell me he heard from our landlords. We are currently renting a house but knew we wanted to buy soon. The landlords themselves have been great. However, they're in a bit of a financial bind and have decided to file bankruptcy and let the house we are renting from them go back to the mortgage company! So while we are happy we can stay rent free now, we aren't sure how long we can actually stay. Probably only until September. So we have a month to buy our first house. Luckily, we have already been looking at potential houses we'd like to buy and have been talking with lenders. So we are off to a decent start. Still, it was very stressful news and I caught myself thinking "I just need to crochet for ten minutes....then I can deal with this." :)

So I'm off to make the slippers I've been wanting to make! :)

This morning I received a lovely large puffy from bgs. Thank you so much I love them all! The ladybug for my little ladybug is fabulous! :c9:hug

post-54070-13589777075_thumb.jpg

Now... with a quick tott up... I only need 5 more of both sized squares! So, if you want to send me any squares please say so in the thread so that I (and others) can keep an eye on how many more I need.

5 more 8" baby girl colours preferably purples (got lots of pinks)

5 more 6" flower patterns, no colour preference

This morning I received a lovely large puffy from bgs. Thank you so much I love them all! The ladybug for my little ladybug is fabulous! :c9:hug

[ATTACH]57408[/ATTACH]

Now... with a quick tott up... I only need 5 more of both sized squares! So, if you want to send me any squares please say so in the thread so that I (and others) can keep an eye on how many more I need.

I am going to be working on something for you when I am on the train this weekend (I have LOTS of purple yarn!!). I already have a flower one I am in the progress of finishing! So, I will have one of each for you!

hello people of crochetville! i'm sorry i haven't gotten on in a long time been busy with work and then enjoying time with my family in my free time. but im back! :clap

welcome back Melia!

You are very welcome!

Well I'm trying to type on a different computer than what I'm used to. The keyboard is so bunched up. My laptop just stopped working and gave me a black screen with an error message....the hard drive is dead dead dead. The hubs is trying to retrieve stuff off it but it may be a loss. My pics, my patterns, my everything! :( totally sad.

But on a lighter note....I'm getting another little pile ready for the PO.

sorry about your puter Bubbe, and possibly losing everything crochet! That is so sad.....

That's totally true! My husband called this morning to tell me he heard from our landlords. We are currently renting a house but knew we wanted to buy soon. The landlords themselves have been great. However, they're in a bit of a financial bind and have decided to file bankruptcy and let the house we are renting from them go back to the mortgage company! So while we are happy we can stay rent free now, we aren't sure how long we can actually stay. Probably only until September. So we have a month to buy our first house. Luckily, we have already been looking at potential houses we'd like to buy and have been talking with lenders. So we are off to a decent start. Still, it was very stressful news and I caught myself thinking "I just need to crochet for ten minutes....then I can deal with this." :)

So I'm off to make the slippers I've been wanting to make! :)

Good for you, chin up, keep crocheting!

[ATTACH]57408[/ATTACH]

Oh what wonderful news, a few more and you will have completed TWO!

and I had a tiny part in helping, amazing!!

I am going to be working on something for you when I am on the train this weekend (I have LOTS of purple yarn!!). I already have a flower one I am in the progress of finishing! So, I will have one of each for you!

Skoggy, did you recieve the ones I sent, I think on or around the 20th, july? If not, lemme know, Ill send more! If you did, Im sure I just missed your posting earlier on, so sorry in advance. ha ha.

Ok, now skoggy only needs four more, two of each, any takers?????????

Ohhh more news, sent out 4 puffy's today! One is going to S. Africa, one to Nc. one to uh. i forget the other two, lol but rest assured they are coming! The S Africa one might take up to three weeks or so says the knowing Lords of the Postal Counter! wow, but considering how far it has to go, not bad i guess...... and on the first, you all will know who the August Biggest Square of the month is!!!!!!!! woo hoo, can't wait!! I hope we can gather a good amount for her, says she needs quite a few.......hummmmm.......something to think about!

question for you all, do you make some squares too for the afghan you are collecting for? I end up making some myself in most cases, but wondering if you all do the same and do you then put another row on all the squares to tie them together color wise, or leave them as is?? I have done both, and all of them turn out beautiful, so just wondering... thanks for you imput!

Skoggy, did you recieve the ones I sent, I think on or around the 20th, july? If not, lemme know, Ill send more! If you did, Im sure I just missed your posting earlier on, so sorry in advance. ha ha.

Ok, now skoggy only needs four more, two of each, any takers?????????

Yep I did Katy and I did post a pic of them and they are included in my totals. :)

Thanks Snowflake for pledging me 1 of each. :hug

That makes 4 of each now - 4 8"-ers and 4 6" flowery ones. :hug

I'm going to be slow on sending squares out. We are super strapped for cash from now through Sept. We currently have no way of paying all of our bills in Sept :sweat. So, I can't afford postage. I've set aside a couple of dollars for the Biggest Squares, but that is it.

I'm currently at my MIL's house. I brought my squares with me in a duffle bag! I decided on brown as my bordering color. I'm adding a row of sc to all of my squares and whipstitching them together. I've already got a 20"x20" square done! Its so exciting! To answer your question, Katie, I haven't made a single square for my own ghan. It is purely made up of friendship squares!

So, my 4 yo is begging me for a "squares blanket" too. I guess I'm gonna have to start collecting again for my girls! I'll let you all know what we decide on.

I sent out two squares to Skoggy on Saturday. One of each size....one 8 and one 6. So that will mark off one more.

Thank you Bubbe :hug

3 more of both :D I'm so excited! :cheer:hug:cheer

[ATTACH]57408[/ATTACH]

Fabulous squares~

kuddles

My packages from Katy and Skoggy still have not arrived yet. Fingers crossed it's soon. Or reach me at all!

So I had an interesting phone call this morning. One of the post office ladies rang me to tell me I had a package at the PO and could I come up please. (I live around the corner.)

Very unusual. My package was a very damp,dirty, ripped open puffie.At first I thought it might have been my AWOL package from Katy.Nope turns out it was the package I sent to Lee weeks ago. I have been waiting for a pm from Lee to say my package had arrived and it hadn't even left the state,let alone the Country!

The PO lady thinks it might have fallen from the crate at Newcastle when we were having constant rain a few weeks back. Lee's details were washed away but thankfully some of my address was still readable. Lee's purple square is gone and the blue one is a mess. I don't know if it is salvagable but I am going to give it a few washes and if it turns up ok I will keep it for my ghan.

So Lee if you get to read this, I will get on to making replacement squares and send them out as soon as I can.

It amazed me how the post office from Newcastle just bubble wrapped it all up and sent it back to scone when only my house number and town was readable.

My packages from Katy and Skoggy still have not arrived yet. Fingers crossed it's soon. Or reach me at all!

Just checked the tracking and all it says is "Your item has reached the destination country". I'm so sorry that its taking so long Paula :(:hug

Emma they very rarely scan them. The online store I usually use always sends a tracking number through. It usually is scanned at the post office when it's lodged and then when I sign for it. Good for confirmation it has been posted but no good for tracking LOL.

Archived