Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh Kim this looks outstanding! Great job!

kuddles

wow, that looks fab Kim! Nice job!! Im glad Linda you are still collecting for AUg biggest Square, you've got about half a month left, then the crown will go to another deserving person, who will it be next time?? :think

You all do know, that I chose at random, assigning the month's elligible (those that have not won yet and are still active) members each a number, then running the random number generator! In the event that the member chosen is not interested (what!!):eek or doesn't reply to my email, I would move on to the second number chosen as back up! :clap

The member numbers are never the same as i mix um up each time, so everyone has an equal chance!

Just sayin. lol Have a great weekend everyone!!! :cheer

Your afghan is beautiful!

Wow Kim, that is beautiful!

I also want to say "hi" to everyone. I know I haven't been around much. I'm still trying to get back on my feet. At least I've managed to stay out of the hospital so far this month, LOL! But I think I'm going to have to call it quits for the group for now, I'm sad to say. Maybe once I get stronger I'll be able to get back into it, but for now I have to concentrate on other things. I do have a few squares done up that I need to get out. I'll try to send those soon. Take care everyone and thank you to all that have sent me squares. When I (ever) get mine blanket put together I'll post a pic! :hug

What a lovely ghan :) I love seeing everyone's pics.

Hope everyone is doig ok or gettin better :hug

Thanks ladies! I finally managed to wrestle the laptop from my hubby. My brother is borrowing mine.

I've been thinking about getting some black yarn and starting on my friendship squares. I've got some I need to mail out as well. I also have a few other projects I need to finish before October 20th. My brother-in-law is having a surprise birthday party for my sister, and I have some stuff for her and my niece that I need to finish up.

It's nice and cool here. Hope you all have a nice Sunday.

thank you Katie,look forward to them

I did a tally of all squares I had received previous to this blitz it was around 35 and with the 19 so far from the Square of the month,has me at about 54,I think it was 72 total I was aiming for.I leaned on Rene' again and she said she would get the pictures up for me tomorrow

Wow Kim, beautiful ghan! Well, I didn't get to the PO on Friday, got called into work :( I have Monday off so after hubby's doctor appointment and my son's kindergarten assessment test I'll get them out. Sorry to have to make you wait Emma and Linda! But fear not, they can't call me in tomorrow! :D

It's finished! I finally finished my cotton ghan last night. I didn't end up putting as an elaborate border on it as I originally planned, but I'm still happy with the way it turned out. It was really difficult to get good pics of it. The room is too small. One day I'll have my own house and I can put it on my own bed, but for now, it will be packed away until I'm not sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

That is outstanding!

well, that is a good question..I hate to weed anyone out just cause they don't post too often, truth is, I may not see it, so I update now and again, and check out when they were last on the Ville at all, doesn't matter what thread or post, just so that they are still out there, and I will get a confirmation email back. lol thanks for asking that question, it's hard to keep track of everyone so I may miss someone posting on this thread, or when they post, just active on the ville, I guess is my point. Anywho, hope that helps! I usually check after a member has been chosen, and if they hadn't been seen on the ville for a couple months, I would probably TRY an email, and then if no answer, would move on to my back up numbered member.... Does that help at all, lol

Katyallen you are doing a fantastic job of monitoring things and keeping everything fair and balanced. Thanks for what all you do!

im sorry that i havent posted this sooner, but thank you bubbe for the puffy i got last week it is the most adorable square i have ever seen i will most definately find a place for it

http://m1058.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/melia821/2012-08-13_20-03-14_878.jpg.html?newest=1

im sorry that i havent posted this sooner, but thank you bubbe for the puffy i got last week it is the most adorable square i have ever seen i will most definately find a place for it

http://m1058.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/melia821/2012-08-13_20-03-14_878.jpg.html?newest=1

What an adorable square!!

Katyallen you are doing a fantastic job of monitoring things and keeping everything fair and balanced. Thanks for what all you do!

Well thanks Bubbe, we have such good people here, couldn't do it without ya all!

that certainly is a cute square, i can almost here the WHoooooooo!!

thank you Katie,look forward to them

I did a tally of all squares I had received previous to this blitz it was around 35 and with the 19 so far from the Square of the month,has me at about 54,I think it was 72 total I was aiming for.I leaned on Rene' again and she said she would get the pictures up for me tomorrow

Aw, don't lean on dear Rene too much, lol, but we do love pics here, maybe if you make her something special for dinner???? he he he.

Wow Kim, beautiful ghan! Well, I didn't get to the PO on Friday, got called into work :( I have Monday off so after hubby's doctor appointment and my son's kindergarten assessment test I'll get them out. Sorry to have to make you wait Emma and Linda! But fear not, they can't call me in tomorrow! :D

Good going Nira, gosh you are sure working a lot, but still time to make and mail puffy's!! thanks!!!!!

I know with some of us, it's hard to either find the time to make them,or the money to send them, but you all have really done such a splendid job for the biggest square each month, plus whatever else you do in your "spare time" and i use that term mildly!! So my thanks goes out to all of you, for making this work so successfully!:tophat

Hats off to all of YOU!!!!! and a hearty Pat on the Back! :manyheart

Abigail, that is simply gorgeous!!!! Makes me want to do a cotton ghan even more!!!

Kuddlekubs, your puffy will be out tomorrow. Was going to try to get it out today but was late coming to work due to some accidents on the highway and a stalled 18 wheeler leaking fuel!!! Oh, and LSU started school again today, so traffic was a beast!!! Guess I go back to leaving about 2 hours before I have to get here, the drive is supposed to be 50 minutes!!! LOL. The joys of having to commute!!! Time to start bringing my squares again and work on them while we are stopped!

That cotton afghan is gorgeous! Haven't been around for a few days. Trying to get my filet swap project finished so I can get it sent out. I thought I almost had it complete, then got to my last row of the pattern and lo and behold, I had miscounted the stitches further down when I was on the train on Sunday. Now I have to go back and rip about seven or so rows.GRRRR Lesson learnt, don't count when I am dealing with fighting children! But I went to a craft fair the same day and it was AMAZING! All the details are on my blog.

Bubbe that owl square is adorable!! Brilliant job.

I recieved a most gorgeous square from all the way over in South Africa. Thank you Krieke. The square is beautiful and your cute little gift tag has pride of place on my fridge. When I get 5 minutes I am going to attach a magnet to it so it can be a true fridgie.

post-26847-135897774256_thumb.jpg

Abigail, that is simply gorgeous!!!! Makes me want to do a cotton ghan even more!!!

Kuddlekubs, your puffy will be out tomorrow. Was going to try to get it out today but was late coming to work due to some accidents on the highway and a stalled 18 wheeler leaking fuel!!! Oh, and LSU started school again today, so traffic was a beast!!! Guess I go back to leaving about 2 hours before I have to get here, the drive is supposed to be 50 minutes!!! LOL. The joys of having to commute!!! Time to start bringing my squares again and work on them while we are stopped!

Ooooo a puffy is coming, a puffy is coming! Woot!

But ugh about that traffic! Living in the Chicago area, I sure do understand! Hope it gets better!

kuddles

I recieved a most gorgeous square from all the way over in South Africa. Thank you Krieke. The square is beautiful and your cute little gift tag has pride of place on my fridge. When I get 5 minutes I am going to attach a magnet to it so it can be a true fridgie.

Love the colors! Gorgeous square!

kuddles

good morning to all,and to others on the other side of the world good evening.

Didn't realize how bad the lighting was in the den,till I was tucking ends at the kitchen table yesterday,and one square had three different whites going on,the center one I left,but the others I riped out and restarted,I'm trying to tidy up the ends on 2 two gallon bags worth of 6 inch squares,I'm getting tired of moving those bags around the room,they need to be done and outta here

Didn't realize how bad the lighting was in the den,till I was tucking ends at the kitchen table yesterday,and one square had three different whites going on,the center one I left,but the others I riped out and restarted,I'm trying to tidy up the ends on 2 two gallon bags worth of 6 inch squares,I'm getting tired of moving those bags around the room,they need to be done and outta here

LOL! Oh, I know the joys of bad lighting, except my incident was in clothing! A few years back I put on a pink and brown shirt with what I thought were brown pants. They were actually Olive and I didn't see it until I was getting out of my car at work! Needless to say, I did a quick call in and went home!!! LOL

I SO sympathize! The older I get, the worse it gets too!

kuddles

just 10 days left and my reign on knotty hill will be over and the crown will be passed on to a new biggest square

I did up 4 puffies today,probably mail tomorrow mailed 8/22 they should arrive Saturday

cshort

abbynormal

snowflake

abigail1280

That cotton afghan is gorgeous! Haven't been around for a few days. Trying to get my filet swap project finished so I can get it sent out. I thought I almost had it complete, then got to my last row of the pattern and lo and behold, I had miscounted the stitches further down when I was on the train on Sunday. Now I have to go back and rip about seven or so rows.GRRRR Lesson learnt, don't count when I am dealing with fighting children! But I went to a craft fair the same day and it was AMAZING! All the details are on my blog.

But that was super fast delivery, can't believe you already received it. I'm delighted that you like it.

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. Felicia has come down with Chickenpox (do you call them that in the USA?), I've been Grandma-sitting whilst she is up here visiting and my Mum has been out at work and... to top it all off... we've had a huge problem rear its ugly head in our apartment causing health concerns and the need to move ASAP! Jeez, if its not one thing its another at the moment. It seems like all I do is pop onto this thread and complain about stuff recently. Sorry about that.

I haven't crocheted in a couple of days because I'm either completely knackered, Felicia has been clingy or I've been getting early nights.

Bleh..... Please can I be dealt a new hand? These cards are crap!

That is outstanding!

Thanks!! :)

Thanks Paula and I love both of these squares you ladies have recieved!

Oh I completely know that feeling! My husband and I are staying in the basement at my mom's until we buy our own home, and it's pretty dark down there. I had been trying to finish up an afghan and I took it with me when DH and I went to Columbus for a weekend. I have started keeping my motifs on dowl rods so I can keep them neat, and easily keep track of how many I have. While I was in the car, I looked down, and half of my motifs on the dowl rod where white instead of soft white!!:eek Luckily I only had to redo about 10 (out of 77) of them. Most of the afghan was already put together in the proper color, though there were 2 motifs I had to remove.

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. Felicia has come down with Chickenpox (do you call them that in the USA?), I've been Grandma-sitting whilst she is up here visiting and my Mum has been out at work and... to top it all off... we've had a huge problem rear its ugly head in our apartment causing health concerns and the need to move ASAP! Jeez, if its not one thing its another at the moment. It seems like all I do is pop onto this thread and complain about stuff recently. Sorry about that.

I haven't crocheted in a couple of days because I'm either completely knackered, Felicia has been clingy or I've been getting early nights.

Bleh..... Please can I be dealt a new hand? These cards are crap!

Yes, we call them chickenpox! Poor Felicia! I remember having them when I was in first grade. Missed career day because of it.

Oh my!!! LOL!!! I've not done that but....I've been hooking while getting sleepy and crocheted my hair into a square once. I stood up to go to bed and there was a square dangling from my hair. Right after that a sweet friend on here sent me a box of hair bands. LOL!

Archived