Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

kriekie/Karin

I received your lovely squares today,the santa and the stamps will be saved treasures

thank you

You're welcome, glad you received it.:)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, Katy! Two squares arrived this afternoon! :clap

They're so pretty (Me: "Look, aren't they pretty, hon?" Matthew: "Piddy!")

I didn't really have much in mind yet when I picked blue and green, but this is going to be great!

:hook:manyheart

Very pretty!

Yesterday was so crazy. I made 3 40 minute trips to and from my brothers house to help him move and ended up with a horrid migraine. I'm better today, though I think we're all exhausted. I did get to buy some new pants from Fashion Bug today though. The one close by is closing in 2 days, so I got some awesome deals! Haven't had much time to crochet. But I know I'll be pulled back in soon. I can never resist the temptation!!

Cindy, I know it is going to be a big transition for you, but it is going to be worth it. Don't give in, don't crumble. Look at the things you do have that don't have wheat in them and then maybe google and see if there is something you can make with them to fill you up. Just keep remembering how terrible you were feeling beforehand and how you don't want to feel that way again. I am praying that God gives you strength to get through this!

afternoon.....

I am on my way out to do a few errands, out of cat food, is number one on the list before they get hungry again......sigh...

And then back to home base to continue my latest kleenex cover, in purples this time, for a possible giveaway in Sept....and here to tell everyone that I have chosen Sept. BIggest Square, and will email her today or tomorrow, for her acceptance, and keep the choice quiet till the first of Sept, ha ha, when Pineknott turns over said Yarn Hill Crown to the new biggest square!

also, got my personal ghan done, in Snowflake's colors, and might have a square or two to send your way Snowflake, as I had a couple left over, will take a pic later today, turned out as lovely as I had in mind, and once seeing it, Snowflake won't want to wait any longer and start making a whole bunch of turq, black and white (I also added a grey, and a varigated turq and white) squares to complete her own!

so im off, be back later gang!! Keep those hooks hummin!!

Hey Katy! No fair copying!!! LOL

I will take all the squares I can get. I don't have but a few so far. Gonna have to start making some on my own as well instead of making everything else for everyone. I am not only working on the squares for in here, but started making my Christmas gifts for my nephews. I am making stocking hats (never made hats before or mittens and will be making them as well) for my nephews who live in Indiana. Got their favorite colors already picked out. We will see how my first attempt will look like!

Quick hello, you've been chatty today while I've been working!

Hugs to all in the path of the storm, hope it misses you! And I agree, Cindy, you CAN do it girl! Keep the faith!

It's hot again here, up to 90......no air on for I think 2 weeks, now it is back on. Oh well, could be much worse!

Hugs to all! Have a great nite!

kuddles

My very first week in Virginia is when Hurricane Isabelle hit! (Sept 2003) I even had the joy of experiencing my ceiling caving in on me. Right on top of me! Thankfully, it was only soggy drywall material and insulation. Managment had it fixed the next day, even without power! I hope you don't have to go thru that though.

I got my 6-in squares from Katie! I'll post pics of them and the finished ghan later. EEP! I'm almost done! :clap

I'm going nuts over here, ladies. I WANT WHEAT SO BAD! Almost everything in my pantry has some sort of wheat product in it. It makes me want to cry. I don't have any money to spend on groceries and our foodstamps haven't come thru yet. I'm so hungry and I don't know what to eat. This is so hard........:cry

Cindy,was it Isabelle that flooded the tunnel here?

that was the first time we had been without power for 3 days since we got here in '85

If you get a chance to read elizabeth Hasselbeck's book,dealing with gluten,its very informative,she was the one that was on survivor ,and now on the View

Here are the beautiful squares I got yesterday from Karin and Cindy!! LOVE them!! :)

post-61835-135897774872_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to have enough to start putting a row or two together to begin to see what it will look like. :)

Hope everyone has had a great day! It's almost Friday!! :) Woot!

Any big plans for the weekend??

More pretties!! Love them!!

Poor CIndy, but there are lots of choices besides something with gluten in them. My daughter eats many vegies, and fruits, eggs, and chicken, for snacks, things as grapes, raisins I don't think yougurt has any gluten in it, nor does ice cream, chocolate pudding, and other snacks. Im not for sure, just saying what she eats, and she wasn't told not to eat gluten, but she is very health conscious, so decided not to do much of it on her own.Much luck finding something for your tummy!!

Cindy, I know it is going to be a big transition for you, but it is going to be worth it. Don't give in, don't crumble. Look at the things you do have that don't have wheat in them and then maybe google and see if there is something you can make with them to fill you up. Just keep remembering how terrible you were feeling beforehand and how you don't want to feel that way again. I am praying that God gives you strength to get through this!

Thank you so much! :manyheart I know I don't want to go back and so far I have been very good about not eating what I shouldn't.

Cindy,was it Isabelle that flooded the tunnel here?

that was the first time we had been without power for 3 days since we got here in '85

If you get a chance to read elizabeth Hasselbeck's book,dealing with gluten,its very informative,she was the one that was on survivor ,and now on the View

Yes, that was the one! Wasn't it crazy? And thank you for the book info. I'll check it out.

Poor CIndy, but there are lots of choices besides something with gluten in them. My daughter eats many vegies, and fruits, eggs, and chicken, for snacks, things as grapes, raisins I don't think yougurt has any gluten in it, nor does ice cream, chocolate pudding, and other snacks. Im not for sure, just saying what she eats, and she wasn't told not to eat gluten, but she is very health conscious, so decided not to do much of it on her own.Much luck finding something for your tummy!!

I know I have lots of options but I just don't have very many right now. I don't have the money to go out and buy more food until my food stamps come in. As far as options go, more things are gluten-free than are not! Just, not in my pantry right now!

Hi all, just popping my head to our lovely Square Abode :)

Please could you spare a thought or a prayer for my Stepdad's family over the coming days. My Stepdad's oldest nephew was found dead in his apartment last night. So far there have been no answers as to how it happened but we are waiting on the autopsy. The chap was just a little younger than myself (he was 27).

Hope everyone has a good day / weekend.

Here are the beautiful squares I got yesterday from Karin and Cindy!! LOVE them!! :)

[ATTACH]58075[/ATTACH]

Can't wait to have enough to start putting a row or two together to begin to see what it will look like. :)

Hope everyone has had a great day! It's almost Friday!! :) Woot!

Any big plans for the weekend??

Nice!!! Won't be long now! That yellow square is awesome!

Plans for the weekend? We met with the realtor about our other house that is for sale. He had a list of 'to-do' for us. So we're going to be working over there tonight and all day tomorrow...whoopie. :angry

That place is killing us! Even just going over there sucks the life out of you. The house will have been on the market for 2 yrs this Nov. Sitting there empty has caused it to age and look really awful.

Not to mention that working over there means no crochet time and no time to work in the house we're living in now. :rant Sorry for the droning on. I'm just soooooo ready for that place to be in our past!

Please could you spare a thought or a prayer for my Stepdad's family over the coming days. My Stepdad's oldest nephew was found dead in his apartment last night. So far there have been no answers as to how it happened but we are waiting on the autopsy. The chap was just a little younger than myself (he was 27).

So sorry Skoggy! Your family is definitely in my prayers! How scary...

Nice!!! Won't be long now! That yellow square is awesome!

Plans for the weekend? We met with the realtor about our other house that is for sale. He had a list of 'to-do' for us. So we're going to be working over there tonight and all day tomorrow...whoopie. :angry

That place is killing us! Even just going over there sucks the life out of you. The house will have been on the market for 2 yrs this Nov. Sitting there empty has caused it to age and look really awful.

Not to mention that working over there means no crochet time and no time to work in the house we're living in now. :rant Sorry for the droning on. I'm just soooooo ready for that place to be in our past!

Ugh! Totally understand your frustrations! Hopefully the new improvements on your to do list will spruce the place right up and the right person will pop in and buy it.

Good morning all!

Kim, great squares!

Emma, prayers sent!

I am pleased it is Friday. Long week and ready for some fun! IF my DD cooperates! Back to 93 today and tomorrow! Hot!

Have a great day!

kuddles

So sorry to hear about something so tragic. Praying for the family.:hug

Praying for you and your family Emma!!!

Well, now they are telling NO and the northshore of Louisiana to be prepared for the Isaac! Supposedly it will hit next week, but I am praying hard now that it turns or dies in the gulf!!! I am so not ready for a hurricane!! Money has been tight and I haven't been able to save any to go somewhere. Of course where I am at, we won't get the ocean water, but the president of the parish I live in said last night that we might get category 1 or 2 winds if it hits NO. So if I disappear for a while next week, you all know why!!! All I know if God didn't bring me almost 1000 miles for me to die here, so just gonna trust Him!!!!

Anyways, ya'll have a great weekend....

I just saw this....I'm so sorry about this news Emma. The Rev. & I will put you and your family on our prayer list. Peace and comfort.

:hug

Skoggy, that's terrible news. I hope the autopsy can provide some answers. :hug

Bubbe, you've got me nervous now. We're trying to get our house ready for sale since we've outgrown it, but I don't want it to sit on the market for two years! :eek

I'm going to try to get some work done on the house this weekend, in fact. We know we need to move, but we're not doing very well at getting ourselves in gear to get the place ready to list. Made some progress... just not enough. (Still planning to do yarn work too though; I haven't completed any projects but I've worked on a few different ones through the week, and just that I've gotten that far is making me feel so much better compared to the months when I wasn't doing anything!)

So sorry to hear that Emma. Your family are in our prayers. :hug

Best of luck on the house selling soon Bubbe.

The spring-like weather has hit here somewhat. It's lovely to sit outside of a morning with a cuppa in the warm breeze. Now the weather is getting warmer I need to spend a weekend giving the courtyard a big tidy. Other then a sweep it hasn't been touched since I moved in and the garden is seriously overgrown. Problem is there is a spiky vine growing on the old falling down fence and it has over run the garden bed.I am worried that is the only thing holding the fence up!

After I get some good soil, the kids want to turn the garden into a veggie patch. Lots of dirty fun coming our way. It will be just our luck that after we have it all planted, our MIA landlord will come back and decide to fix the fence.

Today though I have to go do some shopping. We are going to a park in the middle of town to pick up a meat order. I can do some crochet while the kids play. Then late afternoon we have plans to hit another park with an oval to play some frisbee. Then it's a quiet movie night with the kids. I'm hoping to get plenty of crochet in today.

Bubbe, you've got me nervous now. We're trying to get our house ready for sale since we've outgrown it, but I don't want it to sit on the market for two years! :eek

)

The area I live in has a tanked real estate market. Don't worry - you'll probably do fine.

Kim, those are beautiful squares.

Skoggy, I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Pineknott, I mailed your squares yesterday after work and arrived home to find a beautiful square from you in my mailbox, thank you!

We are under a tropical storm warning. I'm waiting for my dad to get back from securing his boat and then we'll decide if shutters and boards are going up. It's going to be a long, wet weekend.

Archived