Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Thanks everyone :hug

The body has been released from the coroner so now his Dad and brothers can start planning the funeral. Still no news on what happened though. It must be unbearable for his immediate family. Spoke to my Mum today and she said that my Stepdad has finally cried and the shock is starting to wear off abit but without the closure, I reckon it will take a very long time to settle in. You know... not knowing the hows, whys, whens etc.

Its gonna be a long process.

My thoughts are with those of you in the path of Isaac. I hope that you don't get hit too hard, if at all. :hug

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here are the beautiful squares I got yesterday from Karin and Cindy!! LOVE them!! :)

[ATTACH]58075[/ATTACH]

Can't wait to have enough to start putting a row or two together to begin to see what it will look like. :)

Hope everyone has had a great day! It's almost Friday!! :) Woot!

Any big plans for the weekend??

Very pretty! Spent yesterday at Cedar Point in Sandusky. After being whipped around between 70 and 93 mph, I feel very sore today.

Hi all, just popping my head to our lovely Square Abode :)

Please could you spare a thought or a prayer for my Stepdad's family over the coming days. My Stepdad's oldest nephew was found dead in his apartment last night. So far there have been no answers as to how it happened but we are waiting on the autopsy. The chap was just a little younger than myself (he was 27).

Hope everyone has a good day / weekend.

Prayers are with you.

Praying for you and your family Emma!!!

Well, now they are telling NO and the northshore of Louisiana to be prepared for the Isaac! Supposedly it will hit next week, but I am praying hard now that it turns or dies in the gulf!!! I am so not ready for a hurricane!! Money has been tight and I haven't been able to save any to go somewhere. Of course where I am at, we won't get the ocean water, but the president of the parish I live in said last night that we might get category 1 or 2 winds if it hits NO. So if I disappear for a while next week, you all know why!!! All I know if God didn't bring me almost 1000 miles for me to die here, so just gonna trust Him!!!!

Anyways, ya'll have a great weekend....

Kim, those are beautiful squares.

Skoggy, I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Pineknott, I mailed your squares yesterday after work and arrived home to find a beautiful square from you in my mailbox, thank you!

We are under a tropical storm warning. I'm waiting for my dad to get back from securing his boat and then we'll decide if shutters and boards are going up. It's going to be a long, wet weekend.

Be careful and use your best judgement. I've been through some tropical storms and hurricanes, and it's best to be over prepared and safe.

Linda, thank you so much for the beautiful squares I received yesterday! They're perfect!

I also got inspired from a flower pattern I found and I have made up some squares to send out.I will be asking for addresses soon. Here is a preview. They will be all diferent of course :)post-44625-135897775027_thumb.jpg

I also got inspired from a flower pattern I found and I have made up some squares to send out.I will be asking for addresses soon. Here is a preview. They will be all diferent of course :)[ATTACH]58127[/ATTACH]

Awesome flower square. Love it!

Thanks everyone :hug

The body has been released from the coroner so now his Dad and brothers can start planning the funeral. Still no news on what happened though. It must be unbearable for his immediate family. Spoke to my Mum today and she said that my Stepdad has finally cried and the shock is starting to wear off abit but without the closure, I reckon it will take a very long time to settle in. You know... not knowing the hows, whys, whens etc.

Its gonna be a long process.

My thoughts are with those of you in the path of Isaac. I hope that you don't get hit too hard, if at all. :hug

Hugs and prayers for your family. :hug

I also got inspired from a flower pattern I found and I have made up some squares to send out.I will be asking for addresses soon. Here is a preview. They will be all diferent of course :)[ATTACH]58127[/ATTACH]

Nice flower!!!! Love it!

I just got FIVE beautiful squares in the mail from pineknott. THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!! :cheer I really love them. Made my day. :hug

Ohh lovely, you hit the jack pot!! Linda has certainly been busy, love the colors!!!!!

Yes I agree, over preparedness, is always better than underprepared, please all of you in the projected path, be careful, and let us know if you can when it is past you.........We here in the heart of the country are getting some very much needed rainy today, grass might even start greening up again, who knows....might be too little too late for growing things, but great to hear it rain on the roof again, been awhile!

We have a confirmation on Sept. BIggest Square, she was "Tickled PInk" to put it mildly, but vowed to keep it a secret till announced on the first! And the best part, she only needs bout 20 or so to finish her ghan!! I think we can do it, don't you all!!!!!!!!

WEll, im off to Joannes, no, maybe Michaels, to look at a couple things, so Ill be checking in later.........have a great day all, and a safe weekend!

I just got FIVE beautiful squares in the mail from pineknott. THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!! :cheer I really love them. Made my day. :hug

Wow - great squares!

This is one of the best squares I've ever seen!

kuddles

Those are all very pretty squares!

LOVE all the squares!!

Wow only 20 needed for the next biggest square. I love how we are getting these ghans finished!

Have a safe weekend to everyone that is in the line of the hurricane.

LOVE all the squares!!

Wow only 20 needed for the next biggest square. I love how we are getting these ghans finished!

I know i know, I love that fact too, that we can be a part of so many other's finsihing process, and invaribally the final product!

Hello Ladies. I know I haven't been active lately but I am hoping to get busy very shortly on squares again and actively engaging with your guys. I've got the books out and trying to decide what squares I want to make so I'm at least heading in the right direction. All everyone is doing well.

Hello Ladies. I know I haven't been active lately but I am hoping to get busy very shortly on squares again and actively engaging with your guys. I've got the books out and trying to decide what squares I want to make so I'm at least heading in the right direction. All everyone is doing well.

Hi Pat!

kuddles

Good morning all! Woke up early, couldn't sleep.......so checking in with my peeps!

Planning a trip to Joanns.....have not one but two coupons for 60% off fabric so I can feed my other addiction! Of course, I'll have to check out the yarn while there!

Have a great day!

kuddles

Good morning all...I have my eye on Isaac today...My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...to my daughter's place...My cat (Tweak) has her safety car seat, food and blankets...Of course I'll take my crochet WIP and meds along too...I'm not worried about this storm but I am skeptical about the off shoot tornados...The RNC has been delayed a day however the Greeting Party planned at Tropicanna Field for today is still a go...I'm checking the downtown road closures...What a mess for those folk attending church in that area...

What a lovely square Amy...Do tell where you found that pattern...I might want to have a go at it...Oh, Skoggy...my heart aches for your loss...I lost my youngest son three years ago...He was 27, barely getting started with his adult life...Prozac got me through it...I think of him daily and wonder what it would have been like if he had survived...I don't think I will ever get over losing him...I pray for you and the family that you can accept the loss and know it was not in vain...Your separation is only temporary...

Well, enough...got to get a bite to eat and watch for the winds to pick up...Will probably leave later on today when the weather starts coming in...God bless and keep you safe, whether you are in the path of Isaac or not...

Well my plans to sew and crochet through Isaac have taken a detour this morning. I have a small storage area in my bedroom where I keep Christmas decorations and I have a plastic container where I'm keeping things I'm making for gifts along with my friendship squares. I went to put my square from pineknott in the container and stepped in a puddle, apparently the roof is leaking. So now I will be doing a lot of mopping today. The rain has stopped for a bit so I had a few minutes to pop in. I hope everyone else in Isaac's path is prepared and staying safe and dry.

Good Morning ladies! DH and I had a horrible nights sleep. Somehow, a cricket got in the house and kept waking us up.

Abby those squares are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see who the next biggest square is! I can't believe that autumn is almost here either .. but then this is my first September up north in 8 years.

Everyone be careful and stay safe :)

All the squares are so pretty!!! Love seeing all the pictures. Cant wait to see finished friendship-ghans!:manyheart:cheer:hug

i hear ya, can't wait either! :clap

welcome back Pat! nice to see your post! :hug

Good morning all! Woke up early, couldn't sleep.......so checking in with my peeps!

Planning a trip to Joanns.....have not one but two coupons for 60% off fabric so I can feed my other addiction! Of course, I'll have to check out the yarn while there!

Have a great day!

kuddles

Hi ya kuddles, have fun at Joanns!!!!!! :lol

Good morning all...I have my eye on Isaac today...My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...to my daughter's place...My cat (Tweak) has her safety car seat, food and blankets...Of course I'll take my crochet WIP and meds along too...I'm not worried about this storm but I am skeptical about the off shoot tornados...The RNC has been delayed a day however the Greeting Party planned at Tropicanna Field for today is still a go...I'm checking the downtown road closures...What a mess for those folk attending church in that area...

What a lovely square Amy...Do tell where you found that pattern...I might want to have a go at it...Oh, Skoggy...my heart aches for your loss...I lost my youngest son three years ago...He was 27, barely getting started with his adult life...Prozac got me through it...I think of him daily and wonder what it would have been like if he had survived...I don't think I will ever get over losing him...I pray for you and the family that you can accept the loss and know it was not in vain...Your separation is only temporary...

Well, enough...got to get a bite to eat and watch for the winds to pick up...Will probably leave later on today when the weather starts coming in...God bless and keep you safe, whether you are in the path of Isaac or not...

I used to love that song, My bags are packed Im ready to go, Im standing here, outsdie your dooor,,,,hate to wake you up to say goodbye!! ( sorry if I put that song in everyones head for the day, he he) :)

Oh you be safe ms. estee, and take care of that kitty too! You know what to do in these situations to prepare better than I would, so I trust you have what you need to leave quickly with!

Well my plans to sew and crochet through Isaac have taken a detour this morning. I have a small storage area in my bedroom where I keep Christmas decorations and I have a plastic container where I'm keeping things I'm making for gifts along with my friendship squares. I went to put my square from pineknott in the container and stepped in a puddle, apparently the roof is leaking. So now I will be doing a lot of mopping today. The rain has stopped for a bit so I had a few minutes to pop in. I hope everyone else in Isaac's path is prepared and staying safe and dry.

Oh wow, that sucks! Hope it doesn't get the yarn wet! Ya gotta get one of those wet dry vacs,(really no pun intended there!) much easier on the back!

Good Morning ladies! DH and I had a horrible nights sleep. Somehow, a cricket got in the house and kept waking us up.

Abby those squares are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see who the next biggest square is! I can't believe that autumn is almost here either .. but then this is my first September up north in 8 years.

Everyone be careful and stay safe :)

Well crickets, I have a long time disdain of, I don't like anything that hops, and would not have probably slept without certainly finding it, and spraying him dead!! So I sympathize..... Isn't it funny, that their chirp seems to come from a totally different place every time you hear it!! Hard to locate them!

Well, i am thinking of going out for a bit, stayed in yesterday cause of the rain, maybe even if I just take a drive for a burger or something, but I am a little restless so need to go out for a bit, talk to you all later, and stay safe! :manyheart

Hi there pat! Hope to see you around here soon. :hi

All the squares are so pretty!!! Love seeing all the pictures. Cant wait to see finished friendship-ghans!:manyheart:cheer:hug

You should join us! :)

cshort - a leaking roof! How terrible! Hugs!

Katie - thanks, I had fun at Joanns except most of the fabric was on sale so couldn't use but one of my coupons! Curses!

Have a good nite! Stay safe all!

kuddles

Just dropping buy to let y'all know that I'm STILL working on those tails. Argh! Such tedious work! I hope to finish by tomorrow because I start school on tuesday. Eep!

Also, I have lost 3 lbs since tuesday. YAY!! I don't know if it is the new job, the new gluten-free diet, or both. Either way, YAY!! Okay, 77 more to go.......

Good luck to all of you in the path of Isaac. We've had a steady rain all day long and it is marvelous! The drought has hit us pretty hard so the rain is blessed relief. I know the local farmers are doing happy dances!

Archived