Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Also, I have lost 3 lbs since tuesday. YAY!! I don't know if it is the new job, the new gluten-free diet, or both. Either way, YAY!! Okay, 77 more to go.......

Congrats on the weight loss....no matter what the reason! I've heard others that lose weight when going glutten free...hmmmm maybe I should do it just for that reason!

Stay safe all and have a great day!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning all...I have my eye on Isaac today...My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...to my daughter's place...My cat (Tweak) has her safety car seat, food and blankets...Of course I'll take my crochet WIP and meds along too...I'm not worried about this storm but I am skeptical about the off shoot tornados...The RNC has been delayed a day however the Greeting Party planned at Tropicanna Field for today is still a go...I'm checking the downtown road closures...What a mess for those folk attending church in that area...

Estee... Tell me more about this kitty safety car seat! I have two little kitty babies and have always said they should make car seats for pets... More than just the seat belts for giant dogs. Would love to know more about it!

And good for you for taking your kitty with you. I just don't understand how some people can leave their pets behind in an emergency like this.

You should be out of the woods though. I know we talked before about you living very close to my in-laws. DH is a meteorologist and has been keeping a watchful eye on Isaac for his parents. He called them yesterday to tell them they are safe from a hurricane. Of course, the track has changed so much so quickly. Still lots of wind and rain for you.

We are watching for our own sake now, the more and more it curves toward Texas. Hoping it stays away from our new house. Since we haven't closed on it yet, we don't have an active insurance policy on it yet!! Makes me nervous!

It's still raining and I'm still mopping. Dad doesn't think the roof has a leak, yay! he thinks the wind and rain direction and speed was pushing the rain under the eaves and causing is to run down inside the of my bedroom. Thankfully school was canceled today so I can stay home and keep on top of the mess and hopefully the rain will be done soon.

Prayers for those who are still in Isaac's path.

Good morning all. I got this beautiful square from pineknot! I love it!

As for Isaac, well, the lower parishes of Louisiana are already shut down and evacuating. The State has also shut down. I guess if the electricity goes out and I have to sit in the dark and heat, I might as well get some crocheting done!!! I will just place everything within reach! They have already shut the state down. Not sure what is going to happen, but praying really hard that it dies or turns back. Got no where to go, really, if it hits, as my aunt lives on the other side of the state in the gulf and looks like she is going to get some of it as well. So, if ya'll don't mind, pray the hurricane don't hit! LOL

Ya'll have a great day and happy crocheting!!!!

post-2747-135897775521_thumb.jpg

The sun is out now and Isaac has decided he likes Cajun food...I feel soooo sorry for those folk in New Orleans...Yesterday the RNC welcoming party went off with out a hitch here in St Pete at the Trop...We have had rain and gusty winds...The areas that usually flood have flooded, but hot like NO...I've been at my daughter's since about 3 PM Sunday...Tornado warnings were dropped at 9AM today so I'll probably just spend the day here and return home this evening...

Tweak's safety carrier is made by Rubbermaid...I've had it for a while...It is nylon fabric and screening and has a zippered front opening...There are padded carryring strapsand several places to secure a seat belt...It is so much easier for me to handle than the hard transporters...I always put a bed pad (like those wet pads) in the bottom...just in case...They are easier to clean up...I'm sure you can find the soft sided carriers at one of your local pet stores...I think I was fortunate enough to find it at Big Lots...

Hope all are safe and sound...

Tweak's safety carrier is made by Rubbermaid...I've had it for a while...It is nylon fabric and screening and has a zippered front opening...There are padded carryring strapsand several places to secure a seat belt...It is so much easier for me to handle than the hard transporters...I always put a bed pad (like those wet pads) in the bottom...just in case...They are easier to clean up...I'm sure you can find the soft sided carriers at one of your local pet stores...I think I was fortunate enough to find it at Big Lots...

I have two of those (we have two kitties) and I found them at my local Walmart for a very good price.

As for Isaac, well, the lower parishes of Louisiana are already shut down and evacuating. The State has also shut down. I guess if the electricity goes out and I have to sit in the dark and heat, I might as well get some crocheting done!!! I will just place everything within reach! They have already shut the state down. Not sure what is going to happen, but praying really hard that it dies or turns back. Got no where to go, really, if it hits, as my aunt lives on the other side of the state in the gulf and looks like she is going to get some of it as well. So, if ya'll don't mind, pray the hurricane don't hit! LOL

praying for your safety

glad the square got to you before all this mess

Beautiful square! Keep safe!

I finally got a job!! Not sure when I'll start though. I had to be finger printed, so I have to pass that check, but I don't know of any reason why I wouldn't. It's raining here today, which is nice for a change. I've got to go with my DH, so he can, ironically, get fingerprinted too for a hazmet endorsement, so I'll be crocheting away in the car.

Kim--Hooray on getting a job! I was shocked that I wasn't fingerprinted for my new job. It is a city position (public library). They did a background check and drug test but thats it.

MY YARN NEEDLE IS MISSING!!!! :eek WHAT TO DO????

I feel like I barely made a dent in the number of loose ends to weave in and now my needle is missing. This makes #3. Yes, 3 missing in 3 mos. Sigh...

WOW that sure is pretty!!

Beautiful square! Keep safe!

I finally got a job!! Not sure when I'll start though. I had to be finger printed, so I have to pass that check, but I don't know of any reason why I wouldn't. It's raining here today, which is nice for a change. I've got to go with my DH, so he can, ironically, get fingerprinted too for a hazmet endorsement, so I'll be crocheting away in the car.

Congratzs on job!!

everyone that is the path of this storm, please play it safe! Talk more later!

Thanks!! I'm pretty excited!

Kim--Hooray on getting a job! I was shocked that I wasn't fingerprinted for my new job. It is a city position (public library). They did a background check and drug test but thats it.

MY YARN NEEDLE IS MISSING!!!! :eek WHAT TO DO????

I feel like I barely made a dent in the number of loose ends to weave in and now my needle is missing. This makes #3. Yes, 3 missing in 3 mos. Sigh...

I'm surprised too. They even made my mom get fingerprinted to teach a children's class at church. I think it's required by law here.

I would be very upset if I lost my yarn needle. I have several, but I always use the one. It's my favorite :)

Just wanted to jump on and let anyone in the path of the storm to please be careful. Our prayers are with you.

We lived in La. for 3 yrs. (Ft. Polk) and even just the regular thunderstorms were horrendous! We never had to go through a gulf hurricane. Of course we were up state enough to be protected.

So worried...please give us updates when you can!

I hope everyone in the path is safe. Went through it last year here and it was so hot and muggy with out electric for a whole week. It really was awful. My prayers are with all.

Well, Isaac will soon be upgraded to a hurricane, looks like a category 1. I am working today for half a day and then we are shutting down. It is looking like the hurricane is going to go towards Baton Rouge a little more, which is where I work at. I live on the North Shore and part of my parish is being evacuated due to Lake Ponchatrain. Thankfully I don't have to, but being in a mobile home, I might go to the Hammond Middle school, which is where the Red Cross is setting up. Ponchatoula is to the south in the parish. When the electricity goes out, I won't be able to update anyone as I don't have a car charger for my phone (it got stolen out of my car two days after I moved into my home - Welcome to Louisiana! LOL). If I can find some place that has electricity, I will charge my phone and let everyone know I am alright. First, though, I am calling my family as they are already worried! It is what it is, and I am trusting God to keep me safe. He didn't send me all here to let me die!!! Thanks everyone for your prayers, as I continue to pray for everyone else in the path. Have a great week all, may many squares and WIP be finished.

Linda, I have two squares that I am finishing up for you as well, I will get them out as soon as I can. Unfortunately, it looks like it won't be until after the 1st of September since the post offices will be closed for us - I don't know how long they will be since I've never been in a hurricane.

It feels good to put a package in the mail, doesn't it? Even just a little one.

Hope we get to hear from all our hurricane people soon - or eventually, at least. Sounds like it's getting pretty scary in some places!

Cindy, I went to weave ends in on some squares the other night and discovered I can't find any of my yarn needles either! I used the largest tapestry needle I had and grumbled every time the yarn wouldn't thread nicely. :grumpy

And congratulations on the new job, Abigail! :clap

ack,only 4 more days,this month has gone by so quickly.

I have one solid guess to where the crown of yarn hill will go next and two maybes

Oh no you dont!! he he he! But here's a hint........Lets see, ok, there are no numbers in her ville name!!

It feels good to put a package in the mail, doesn't it? Even just a little one.

Hope we get to hear from all our hurricane people soon - or eventually, at least. Sounds like it's getting pretty scary in some places!

Cindy, I went to weave ends in on some squares the other night and discovered I can't find any of my yarn needles either! I used the largest tapestry needle I had and grumbled every time the yarn wouldn't thread nicely. :grumpy

And congratulations on the new job, Abigail! :clap

yeah, i always feel I have accomplished something, if I am mailing out a puffy!!

Hi everyone. Hope you all stay safe :hug

Congrats on the job :woo

Just wanted to peek in and say hi soooo. Hiiiiiiiiii :)

Good to see your post Lacey! HI!

I got a gorgeous square along with some other goodies from Bubbe in the post on Monday. I haven't had a chance to get on the computer until today but I wanted you to know they arrived in speedy time.

I have been keeping updated on the cyclone VIA the news and it's not looking good. I really hope you ladies who are in the path of this thing,and your families, are all staying safe. You are all in my thoughts. :hug

RE Sep biggest square - I am tempted to now go through everyones profiles one by one to figure this out. Give me 15minutes spare time and a pen and I'll process of elimination this thing!

GRR why didn't my photo upload?

Archived