Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

ha ha ha Katie,ones with #'s weren't in my choices

we are far removed from this storm,it was raining solid and sideways ,but needed to do a library run this evening,and roads were flooded in many areas

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Paula if you wait, you'll find out without all the aggravation! That is what I do!

kuddles

I am way too impatient! But I have to. Alot of people have the number recieved but not how many still needed in their signature. Would you be surprised to find that I wake up during the night to check who the biggest square is every month? I know, I'm sad. LOL

I am way too impatient! But I have to. Alot of people have the number recieved but not how many still needed in their signature. Would you be surprised to find that I wake up during the night to check who the biggest square is every month? I know, I'm sad. LOL

You are too funny!!

Stay safe all!

kuddles

ditto.

ha ha ha Katie,ones with #'s weren't in my choices

we are far removed from this storm,it was raining solid and sideways ,but needed to do a library run this evening,and roads were flooded in many areas

smartie!! Yes, the flooding is something to worry about. Im not to familiar with hurricanes, but they look so huge and foreboding, do they always turn counter clockwise?? Do they go the other way on the other side of the earth?? Where is JIm Cantorie anyway, when you need him! stay safe all!

Good morning! Saw New Orleans on the news, raining hard and that wind! Wow! Hope all are inside and safe!

Chicago is in for more heat! By Friday, 95! This is insane! But then guess what? RAIN all weekend! Even the holiday!

Oh well, I'm not in the path of the storm so all is well!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Well...Isaac came and went...This morning is beautiful...Now to pray for the peeps in the path of Isaac's remainder...Hoping all in NO are safe and the damage was minimal...

For those of you that keep losing your favorite weaving in needle...I take a piece of brightly colored yarn , attach it to the needle then attach it to my favorite yarn snipping scissors...If I lose my scissors I'm SOL...The bright yarn is easy to spot and I usually put both needle and scissors in my notions can when not in use or else right on the table next to my recent WIP...Since I've done this I havent lost either...However I do have a pill bottle filled with other "not often used" needles...

Hope all have a great day...

smartie!! Yes, the flooding is something to worry about. Im not to familiar with hurricanes, but they look so huge and foreboding, do they always turn counter clockwise?? Do they go the other way on the other side of the earth?? Where is JIm Cantorie anyway, when you need him! stay safe all!

Hurricanes are east of the International Date Line and typhoons are west. If a hurricane crosses the IDL, they get redesignated as a typhoon. They spin counter-clockwise north of the equator and clockwise south of the equator. Its called the Coriolis Effect (it also affects which way the water swirls when it goes down your sink/tub/toilet drain!).

For those of you that keep losing your favorite weaving in needle...I take a piece of brightly colored yarn , attach it to the needle then attach it to my favorite yarn snipping scissors...If I lose my scissors I'm SOL...The bright yarn is easy to spot and I usually put both needle and scissors in my notions can when not in use or else right on the table next to my recent WIP...Since I've done this I havent lost either...However I do have a pill bottle filled with other "not often used" needles....

My problem is 2 little girls with sticky fingers!

Nah, the Coriolis effect only works on big things, like weather. Your tub and sink and whatnot are so small that things like imperfections in the surface, leveling, the design of the bowl, all have a much greater impact on how the water goes down. :spin (Thank you, Bad Astronomer!)

I have a guess for next month too, and it *didn't* have any numbers in it either. :D

Hurricanes are east of the International Date Line and typhoons are west. If a hurricane crosses the IDL, they get redesignated as a typhoon. They spin counter-clockwise north of the equator and clockwise south of the equator. Its called the Coriolis Effect (it also affects which way the water swirls when it goes down your sink/tub/toilet drain!).

My problem is 2 little girls with sticky fingers!

wow thanks cindy, i too looked it up and found out the same things. Now, my next weather question is this, lol didn't tsunamies used to be just called.....tidal waves?????

Nah, the Coriolis effect only works on big things, like weather. Your tub and sink and whatnot are so small that things like imperfections in the surface, leveling, the design of the bowl, all have a much greater impact on how the water goes down. :spin (Thank you, Bad Astronomer!)

I have a guess for next month too, and it *didn't* have any numbers in it either. :D

Lets see, with so much guessing going on, another hint is in order.....oh, here's one...... she does have yarn at her house! there ya go, he he he, who said this was gonna be easy, huh!!! :think

Good morning! Saw New Orleans on the news, raining hard and that wind! Wow! Hope all are inside and safe!

Chicago is in for more heat! By Friday, 95! This is insane! But then guess what? RAIN all weekend! Even the holiday!

Oh well, I'm not in the path of the storm so all is well!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Hi ya Kuddles, yes, rain here to on Saturday, but not as much as they are getting down south! What a mess, huh. :eek

Well...Isaac came and went...This morning is beautiful...Now to pray for the peeps in the path of Isaac's remainder...Hoping all in NO are safe and the damage was minimal...

For those of you that keep losing your favorite weaving in needle...I take a piece of brightly colored yarn , attach it to the needle then attach it to my favorite yarn snipping scissors...If I lose my scissors I'm SOL...The bright yarn is easy to spot and I usually put both needle and scissors in my notions can when not in use or else right on the table next to my recent WIP...Since I've done this I havent lost either...However I do have a pill bottle filled with other "not often used" needles...

Hope all have a great day...

Nice hint Estee. I usually have more than I need as I keep buying them, and sticking them into a relatiely unused pin cushion, but hey, I k now where they are should I lose the one Im using!! he he he. I also have a bunch of plastic blue yarnie needles, as they came two to a pack with the hooks I got for the knitting looms! I got needles lol :manyheart

wow thanks cindy, i too looked it up and found out the same things. Now, my next weather question is this, lol didn't tsunamies used to be just called.....tidal waves?????:think

Tsunamis and tidal waves are two different things. Many people use the terms interchangably but that is incorrect. A tidal wave is created when correlating factors between the sun, moon, and earth cause a disturbance in the ocean. Because of the specifics needed to form a tidal wave, the almost always occur in lower latitudes. Also, they occur in shallow waters closer to shore and sometimes peter out before making it to shore. Tsunamis are formed by a deep sea disturbance like an earthquake or landslide. They can form anywhere and can travel for hundreds or thousands of miles.

hi everyone, just checking in briefly. Still have power, but seems the hurricane isnt going anywhere. It is back to a tropical storm. I live a little less then an hour from NO and they just said it is just getting to Batonement Rouge. power has gone out twice but came back on in about 10. gonna have to let my landlord know that there is a leak in the bathroom. need to find my ruler so as I am crocheting I make the right sized squares. have a great evening all!

hi everyone, just checking in briefly. Still have power, but seems the hurricane isnt going anywhere. It is back to a tropical storm. I live a little less then an hour from NO and they just said it is just getting to Batonement Rouge. power has gone out twice but came back on in about 10. gonna have to let my landlord know that there is a leak in the bathroom. need to find my ruler so as I am crocheting I make the right sized squares. have a great evening all!

wow. good to hear from someone going through it, hope all calms down soon for ya, keep hooking, keep safe, thanks for checking in!!

glad to know you are safe,hope the leaks are attended to soon as possible

well, the eletricity went out during the night but is back on. Still raining but the wind gusts are down to less than 30 mph, so they can get people back with power. this was my first hurricane and I made it through! the main thing they talked about is that the flooding and breaches in the levees was cause it moved soooo slow and kept the rain in the same spot. now everything moves north so looks like lots of people are gonna get lots of rain!

I'm glad your safe Lisa. Keep us updated when you can.

Linda I sent your squares off today. One day to spare lol. Should reach you in about two weeks.

thanks,I'll be on the lookout for them

:2hugok, you all have had two clues, in case anyone missed them, here they are again..

1. she has NO numbers in her name:P

2. She keeps Yarn at her home:eek

and now 3, and then the big reveal on Saturday!! :cheer

she lives East of the Mississippi River!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!! see map here join us here Saturday when we reveal, (big echo-y voice announces) September's Biggest Square-air-air-air !:manyheart

I usually love being a day ahead of everyone. But in these circumstances it just sucks :(

I hope she wants cotton. I'm busting to pull out my little stash.

EDITED TO ADD - I joined my first row of squares last night! I joined in a bright blue with slip stitch. Looks cool!

I usually love being a day ahead of everyone. But in these circumstances it just sucks :(

I hope she wants cotton. I'm busting to pull out my little stash.

you are ahead of us one day, isn't that something! SO your today, is our tomorrow! Our tomorrow, would then be your today, and yesterday, would have been your two days ago. wow.....time travel is fun! :devil

Archived