Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why my photo uploads keep failing. I thought it was because they are bmp files so I saved them as JPEG but they still won't upload! GRR any ideas? I want to post a photo of the square Bubbe sent me.

Now my first row is put together I re-measured it on my bed. First count I didn't plan on putting borders around my squares. So the number is off. I only need 30 squares not 35. Also I somehow did not count one square. When I had them laid out on my table I realised my error.

So I only need 12 more squares to finish this ghan!!!

Sure is fun. Which begs the question. If the world ends on a certain date, would it end in our part of the world first? LOL

umm yes i think so, and therefore time to warn us!!

if she needs cotton, then I'll have to shop, I don't use it much

can't tell ya yet, lol see on Saturday, did you polish up the Yarn Hill Crown Linda???:cheer

I don't know why my photo uploads keep failing. I thought it was because they are bmp files so I saved them as JPEG but they still won't upload! GRR any ideas? I want to post a photo of the square Bubbe sent me.

Now my first row is put together I re-measured it on my bed. First count I didn't plan on putting borders around my squares. So the number is off. I only need 30 squares not 35. Also I somehow did not count one square. When I had them laid out on my table I realised my error.

wow, no help here on the pic thing, but only 12 more to finish, tell ya what, Ill start the ball rolling, and pledge ya one, for september anyway!!:cheer

Just lettin' y'all know I'm still alive...

well good to hear that, lol who would I ask my weather questions to if you weren't here, lol :hug

I'm glad everyone is doing ok. I have family that lives near Slidell and they haven't been home yet, but they think there will be water in their home. I'm waiting to hear more.

My niece is being induced in the morning!! It'll be my 3rd great nephew, and their first child. Hopefully I'll get to see them in October. They live so far away now.

I have several plastic needles as well as several metal yarn needles, but I still have a favorite that I use all the time. I also use a needle threader even though the eye is pretty big.

Can't wait to see who's next! I need to figure out how big I want my ghan to be and how many squares I'll need. I keep arguing with myself in my head. One side says "Big enough for the bed!!" while the other side says, "Just a Lapghan!"

Its been a great run,over 25 squares,thats wonderfully generous

yep,all polished and ready to go at 1200am saturday,when my reighn at Yarn Hill comes to an end...and the next person is :D:D:devil

I usually love being a day ahead of everyone. But in these circumstances it just sucks :(

I hope she wants cotton. I'm busting to pull out my little stash.

EDITED TO ADD - I joined my first row of squares last night! I joined in a bright blue with slip stitch. Looks cool!

if she needs cotton, then I'll have to shop, I don't use it much

No worries, when I'm the Square, you'll be able to use your cotton! Cotton rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kuddles

Good morning and hi y'all! (No I'm not from the south....but my grandmother was!)....

TGIF! Been a long hard week at work, plus my DD now has 'real' homework and she does not like it, especially the math! I can't blame her but it's an every night battle!

Any ideas from any of you to help it along? She is only 8, 2nd grade.....any pearls you could throw me would be great!

Hugs from kuddles

I'm glad everyone is doing ok. I have family that lives near Slidell and they haven't been home yet, but they think there will be water in their home. I'm waiting to hear more.

My niece is being induced in the morning!! It'll be my 3rd great nephew, and their first child. Hopefully I'll get to see them in October. They live so far away now.

I have several plastic needles as well as several metal yarn needles, but I still have a favorite that I use all the time. I also use a needle threader even though the eye is pretty big.

Can't wait to see who's next! I need to figure out how big I want my ghan to be and how many squares I'll need. I keep arguing with myself in my head. One side says "Big enough for the bed!!" while the other side says, "Just a Lapghan!"

Your family in Slidell probably will be flooded, the Northshore got hit with lots of rain. Most of the flooding is from the rain, since it moved soooooooooo slow!!! Our drive was flooded and apparently so was the main road for a while, but the water receded. There were several mobile homes on the main road that were by a creek and they were flooded. Saw a lone dog sitting on a porch, the water was to the top stop, he couldn't go anywhere. When I was coming back from the store, there were boats trying to get to the homes. Scary! This was my first hurricane ever, glad it wasn't a really strong one. If it would have been stronger, I'd have left my mobile home and found one of the REd Cross shelters to be in. Now it is back to work - feels good to have things back to "normal".

Once the post office is back up and running, will have some puffies to mail out! Ya'll have a great day and happy crocheting!!!

I haven't heard anything yet this morning.

My nephew did call and blame me (jokingly) for his wife's induction being canceled this morning. I had told him about a few of my friend's who had had their inductions canceled. They told her maybe next week. Wednesday, she'll be 41 weeks.

I haven't heard anything yet this morning.

My nephew did call and blame me (jokingly) for his wife's induction being canceled this morning. I had told him about a few of my friend's who had had their inductions canceled. They told her maybe next week. Wednesday, she'll be 41 weeks.

Hopefully she won't need to be induced. I had to be induced with both my girls and it SUCKED!!!!! Both times my water broke but labor never started, even after 12 hours. Being induced is absolute HELL. It also increases the risk of c-section (which is already higher for her since this is her first; first time moms have a higher risk of c/s).

count on two more squares coming your way,we piggybacked it in Rene's filet swap pkg.

Happy long weekend, friends!! :)

Any fun plans for Labor Day?? DH and I have decided to do NOTHING!! With all the house stuff lately, and more house stuff to come, we have given ourselves the weekend off! :) That doesn't happen very often. Well, DH will probably work from home some. He has two big projects with work that he's managing right now. And I do have a haircut tomorrow, but that's fun. I think I'm going to cut 8 inches off. I haven't had a haircut in over a year! Last time, I got 13 inches cut and I donated it to locks of love. So once my hair grew out a bunch, I wasn't far from being able to donate again. So I figured I'd just wait awhile longer so I had enough inches. It's driving me nuts though. I'm tired of just throwing it up in a pony every day bc it's just too much hair to style.

So I'm thinking I'll go pretty short this time! I'm excited!!

Ok, first things first, before the big reveal...:eek

We will have a new Biggest Square here in a couple minutes, but wanted to say, that I think everyone did a terrific job with August's Linda, (Pineknott) and wanted to remind Ms. Linda, we will need a total count of the squares you received so I can post your name and total on the first post of this thread!!! Whenever you get a chance, and thanks for being AUgusts Biggest Square!!

Ok, with that said..........

The crown has passed.

September's Biggest Square, is...........

ESTEE!!!! Congratz Estee, and I hope you get enough to FINISH THAT GHAN!! :cheer

Her particulars are as follows......and I quote.

"any size will do and any colors too...I figure I need at least the equivalent of 20 eight inchers...I'm making a big crazy ghan..."

I figured it was near enough midnight to post, and wanted to get this out there for all to see!! The pledging opens with me, pledging two eight inchers!! Good Luck to the new Biggest Square, and everyone making squares for her!!

Im Pledging two 8 inchers, :manyheart

20-2, total of 18 eight inchers, or equivalant needed... I think that means it could be four 4 inchers and that would count as an 8 incher, Im not sure, pm Ms. Estee for clarification, lol:think

Again, Congrats to Ms Estee, everyone HAVE FUN! ANd let the hookin' begin! :hook

Woo Hoo I love your early posting!! It's only afternoon here!

Ok I pledge two 8" squares. I saw the perfect pattern for this this morning! Very excited as I can pack my supplies and make these tomorrow on the train. Would be excellent to actually have these one's posted at the beginning of the month for a change!

We will have a new Biggest Square here in a couple minutes, but wanted to say, that I think everyone did a terrific job with August's Linda, (Pineknott) and wanted to remind Ms. Linda, we will need a total count of the squares you received so I can post your name and total on the first post of this thread!!! Whenever you get a chance, and thanks for being AUgusts Biggest Square!!

The crown has passed.

ESTEE!!!! Congratz Estee, and I hope you get enough to FINISH THAT GHAN!! :cheer

"any size will do and any colors too...I figure I need at least the equivalent of 20 eight inchers...I'm making a big crazy ghan..."

I figured it was near enough midnight to post, and wanted to get this out there for all to see!! The pledging opens with me, pledging two eight inchers!! Good Luck to the new Biggest Square, and everyone making squares for her!!

20-2, total of 18 eight inchers, or equivalant needed... I think that means it could be four 4 inchers and that would count as an 8 incher, Im not sure, pm Ms. Estee for clarification, lol:think

Again, Congrats to Ms Estee, everyone HAVE FUN! ANd let the hookin' begin! :hook

Just popped on to see who the new square is.....Yahoooo to Estee!!!!!!:clap:cheer

I'm pledging two squares! :crocheting

Still working over at our old house...ugh. Guess that will be the theme for us all weekend long. But I did get a few squares put together last night for a scrap-ghan I have been messing with for a month.

Now Estee - off to find something for you!

The crown has passed.

It may take awhile to post a final total because some are still travelling

as of right now there are 5 outstanding

Lee

Nira

Paula

yarn monkey

cindysweetthings

I think that was all the pledges

Like I said before "I am tickled pink" and soooo excited !!! I just can't wait to drive the postman NUTZ...and also the nozy neighbors ... We will have them guessing for a while as to what in the world makes me so "mail worthy"... All they get is scads of advertizement flyers and I get neat little packages ...Absolutely LOVE IT ....

Archived