Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I received two squares in the post!! The stain glass one is from Rene and the varigated one is from Linda. I love them!!

Oops forgot the second one.Here is Linda's

Those are very pretty squares.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful squares! Love that stained glass one. :)

Right... I've decided... my next big project is going to be the Lion Brand Tree of Life afghan for Mr Skoggy. Just need to order the 15 skiens of yarn, wait for the delievery and off I go. Well... I did say I wanted something to get my teeth into and he really really really wants me to make it for him. :manyheart

just popping in to say hello.

The pain from the inflammation caused by the gluten has finally all left my body and I'm feeling great! Well, at least in my joints. Ragweed has hit me hard this year and I'm really doing terrible. I feel like my head is going to pop! And my throat is so sore. Bleh! This too shall pass, though.

As for "yarnded" Link (that is what dd calls the Link ami I'm making) is nearly finished! I finished the doll, his shield, and a bomb. All I have to make now is his sword. I don't like how it is coming out so I may do some modifying :D. I've done a lot of that this project!

Just wanted to pop my head in....still stitching away on the homeless blankets. Thanks so much for your support guys I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly appreciate it. I have posted more progress pics...go take a look.

Thank you so much pineknott for the 51 squares....whew some kind of beautiful.

Katie.

well I was true to my word,when I told you I was going to stuff the largest puffy envelope I had with as many as I could fit.

I have to crochet almost every day to keep the ol fingers flexible,getting old is the pits.

I think I learned from the marathon tucking section,cause most times I use three colors in my squares,after I have about 10 made to go ahead and tuck those ends.

Katie.

well I was true to my word,when I told you I was going to stuff the largest puffy envelope I had with as many as I could fit.

I have to crochet almost every day to keep the ol fingers flexible,getting old is the pits.

I think I learned from the marathon tucking section,cause most times I use three colors in my squares,after I have about 10 made to go ahead and tuck those ends.

well again, wow, you do wonderful work!! Your colors are always so compatable too!! :manyheart

got 5 beautiful and bright squares from pineknott thankyou :clap [ATTACH]58546[/ATTACH]

wow, they are beautiful!! Linda does such good work, and the colors are great!!!!! Im a color person, so this really trips my sense of fun!!!!! :clap

Katie.

oh also, i tend to only hide the end when I am for sure not gonna take it out again, for something! lol I learned to do that, by trial and error! I have tucked a huge huge number of ends in my lifetime, probably more than I ever thought I would, lol but honestly, it is zen like almost, my mindless meditative chore, I guess. As are granny squares in general i guess, I do them, cause I don't have to think too much about it, if I do traditional ones!! Also, it is known to lower blood pressure, and keep your heart healthy! Perks!! Yay!

got 5 beautiful and bright squares from pineknott thankyou :clap [ATTACH]58546[/ATTACH]

Beautiful squares.

:hugooops, almost forgot, we have a new member!! Her ville name is Bhazell, and she would love 6 inchers, in fall colors, to complete a project!! Please everyone welcome Brittney to our lovely square circle!!!!!!!!:manyheart:welcome:hi:flower

Welcome Brittney.

Monday at 832PM My sister in Law had her baby :cheer His name is Noah and weighed in at 9 pounds and is 22 inches long ! So needless to say with all the commotion I havent been on in a few days havent even touched my computer LOL but now im back YAY Hope everyone is well

Monday at 832PM My sister in Law had her baby :cheer His name is Noah and weighed in at 9 pounds and is 22 inches long ! So needless to say with all the commotion I havent been on in a few days havent even touched my computer LOL but now im back YAY Hope everyone is well

Woo Hoo!

kuddles

:hugooops, almost forgot, we have a new member!! Her ville name is Bhazell, and she would love 6 inchers, in fall colors, to complete a project!! Please everyone welcome Brittney to our lovely square circle!!!!!!!!:manyheart:welcome:hi:flower

Welcome Bhazell !! :hug

Hi everyone...Welcome Brittney and congrats to Imma on her new nephew...What a huge baby...Oh my aching uterus !!!

I was able to hitch a ride to the mailbox and found to my surprise not one but two puffy packages...Each contained two gorgeous squares...Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Pineknott and cshort...You both hit the nail on the head...I got a kick out of the 'tickled pink' one and the 'watermelon' one made me run to the fridge for fruit...The 'lavendar and purple' grannies are spectacular and reminded me of 'grape' colors...I wish I could post pix of them, but don't have the capabilities...

This is gonna be one colorful ghan...

The Link ami is done! Check out my handiwork here. Now to finish weaving in ends on my ghan....

Welcome to the group, Brittany!

Welcome to the world, Noah!

Lovely eyecandy ladies! Great job! Keep up the good work!

Does anyone have a small ball of RHSS light grey they'd be willing to send to me? I want it for the squares for Estee but I can't seem to find it around here. Grrr...:angry

Thank you all for the greetings :), Im super excited to be apart of this group and promis to try to keep up with the post, and to try to send out lots of squares in between taking care of my new baby on 7/26. Thanks again for the warm welcomes

Archived