Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Congrats Estee!! :)

I've sent to Estee before and I really like sending to her. Well, of course I really like sending to all of you! It's so much fun to put a puffy out there.

Not sure how many I can pledge just yet... I just joined my first swap this month too. I'm going to start on a square for Estee now though. So I guess I'm pledging at least one. :)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just made this one:

for you, Estee!! :) I used yellow and green though - the flower is yellow, then green lacey-ness around it, then a thick yellow border. I got it as close to 8 in square as I could. It got a little tricky because when I was done it was more of a rectangle.. So I did some hdc along two opposing sides and just slip stitched the other two opposing sides. It worked pretty well, but the corners were fussy. I think I did pretty well and am pretty happy with it for it being my first time at a square like this. It turned out pretty well though. Might try to get a picture later if you want. I won't ship it out until I get a chance to add a couple others in there for you.

Congratulations Estee! I'll send 2 - 8 inch squares.

I mailed 3 puffies yesterday to ImmaFreek, dragonracer3 and Lil_Mama06.

Thank you :) I will post as soon as I get the puffy :)

And congrats to Estee !!!

Woo Hoo I love your early posting!! It's only afternoon here!

Ok I pledge two 8" squares. I saw the perfect pattern for this this morning! Very excited as I can pack my supplies and make these tomorrow on the train. Would be excellent to actually have these one's posted at the beginning of the month for a change!

Yep! It's Saturday now in the UK!!! :cheer

Congrats Estee!

I'll pledge 2 8"ers for you! :hug

Just popped on to see who the new square is.....Yahoooo to Estee!!!!!!:clap:cheer

I'm pledging two squares! :crocheting

Still working over at our old house...ugh. Guess that will be the theme for us all weekend long. But I did get a few squares put together last night for a scrap-ghan I have been messing with for a month.

Now Estee - off to find something for you!

Congrats Estee,enjoy your reign as you are now crowned, Newest Square on Yarn Hill

I pledge 2 8" squares

Like I said before "I am tickled pink" and soooo excited !!! I just can't wait to drive the postman NUTZ...and also the nozy neighbors ... We will have them guessing for a while as to what in the world makes me so "mail worthy"... All they get is scads of advertizement flyers and I get neat little packages ...Absolutely LOVE IT ....

Congrats Estee! Put me down for 2 8 inchers

wow, i counted at least 17 plus in pledges already! Looks like we may meet your goal of 20 yet and it's early!!!!!!!!!

No hurry Linda, whenever you have a final count, lemme know!!! You did well! Aren't these ladies and gent terrific squares makers!!!

I have my 2 squares done,now just to wait two days to get them in the mail

I don't know what was in my coffee this morning, but I got my two squares for Estee done. I'll get them in the mail ASAP. :)

:clap WOW, that was some quick work you little hookaholics you! lol I was able to get mine in the mail Sat am, after thinking all this time it was closed on Saturday, (the post office) I guess I misunderstood it, it's that they don't deliver here on Saturday, duh, but if you run into town, they are open I think till noon! Sooooo Estee, here comes a couple squares!! Keep a log of how many and stuff you get for the final count at the end of your reign!!!!!!! Good work you talented people you!!!!!!!!!! :hug

hI ALL,

well I see everyone is keeping busy hooking squares, which is a good thing! Promise of rain today but never really materialized, so just clouds for now. Maybe a sprinkle or two a bit later.

Been sorting things, and such, and putting things back in order, shampooed a carpet or two, and thats about it for my weekend. Gotta make a run to the thrift store tomorrow, drop off some things, and see if there is something there I don't know I need, till i see it, ha ha.......have a great evening everyone, keep those hooks flyin!!

hI kIM,

at last count, there were more than 20, I believe, give or take a couple! No, didn't know about the book series, do let us know what you think of it though!!

Another hot one here today, no rain to speak of. Ive heard on the news that farmers are having to collect from their farm ins. to survive, so you know, that shortage is going to hit us all eventually, and prices on everything will go up.....

Well, all for now, will check in later! have a great afternoon

So far, as my count goes there are 18 pledged 8 inchers and 2 pledged 6 inchers...If anyone else feels like they want to send a square or two they most certainly will be used...I'll just make my ghan larger...Thanks for the pledges everyone...can't wait for those little puffy packages to start arriving...

So far, as my count goes there are 18 pledged 8 inchers and 2 pledged 6 inchers...If anyone else feels like they want to send a square or two they most certainly will be used...I'll just make my ghan larger...Thanks for the pledges everyone...can't wait for those little puffy packages to start arriving...

well yay then, I guess you are doing pretty well! Mine went out on the first! Hope you get them today!!

Archived