Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone! I miss you all dearly! I'm starting to get some energy back, slow but sure, so hopefully I'll be back soon. I want to thank Kim (Abigail1280) for the beautiful square she sent me. It was so nice of her to send it even after I dropped out of the group and it is sooo pretty!!! It really made my day too. I didn't get to read much, but I see some congrats are in order!!!, so Congrats yarnmonkey!!!!! and Happy Birthday to Kuddles too!!! Take care everyone! :hug

post-16860-135897776879_thumb.jpg

I've been busy tidying ends under and doing assembly line puffy stuffing,one more to go and they are out the door tomorrow,managed to clear 2-2.5 gal bags of 6" squares,only three squares didn't make it in,just couldn't get anymore into those puffies

Thanks Katie!

kuddles

tell us all about your special day tomorrow!

Hi Everyone! I miss you all dearly! I'm starting to get some energy back, slow but sure, so hopefully I'll be back soon. I want to thank Kim (Abigail1280) for the beautiful square she sent me. It was so nice of her to send it even after I dropped out of the group and it is sooo pretty!!! It really made my day too. I didn't get to read much, but I see some congrats are in order!!!, so Congrats yarnmonkey!!!!! and Happy Birthday to Kuddles too!!! Take care everyone! :hug

Hi Anne!!! glad you are getting stronger, keep it up!! :manyheart

I've been busy tidying ends under and doing assembly line puffy stuffing,one more to go and they are out the door tomorrow,managed to clear 2-2.5 gal bags of 6" squares,only three squares didn't make it in,just couldn't get anymore into those puffies

wow you have been a hookin maniac!! Cudos Oh Squaremaker of the world!!!!!!!!!!

How exciting!!! Congratulations!! How did he propose?? I always love these stories! :)

I got married about 4 months ago. It all goes by so quickly. It's such a fun an stressful and wonderful time though. So emotional too. Are you thinking a big wedding? I wanted a small one, but it ended up being about 85 people - invited 160, but it was absolutely perfect.

Have fun planning! Don't stress too much. I was so stressed planning, but now that it's all over, I realize I actually loved planning it. I wish I'd realized that in the process instead of afterward. Would have made DH much less stressed too! :)

His mom has a timeshare in Williamsburg (we're in Richmond, so it's a great long weekend trip) so we headed down there when I got off work two Thursdays ago. That Friday we went to dinner on the resort at just the little bar & grill type place. When we finished, Justin wanted to go for a walk, so we started to circle the property. First we headed toward a pond with a fountain and a big white gazebo out over the water, but two people were fishing off of it. We kept circling and there was another smaller gazebo on not such an amazing pond, so we walked down the dock into the gazebo and there was the BIGGEST SPIDER I have ever seen in my whole life!! We both hollared and took off running. Back to the condo we go. We hang out for a few and Justin asks if I want to go on another walk. Out we go again to the big white gazebo. This time instead of one big spider, there had to have been at least 20! We hollared, took off and went back to the condo again. When we get back, Justin suggests we go for a ride. We drive around Colonial Williamsburg and Justin seems like he's in a big hurry to get back, so back we go. We park and go inside and he says "let's go for another walk." This is all getting odd because we NEVER go for walks! LOL The resort is on a big old colonial plantation, so we walk out to the front of the plantation house. It's dark at this point, but there are big spotlights and we look at the house and the flowers in the landscaping and I can tell something is going on because it's like we're stalling for some reason, but all these cars keep driving by with yelling kids or thumping music. Justin says "let's go see the back of the house," so around we walk. There's a really pretty garden and we walk around in the dark and he starts getting mushy. All of a sudden he says "I think I heard my phone." I'm really confused because I don't think I heard his phone, but I'm in the moment and didn't really think about it. He reaches in his pocket like he's going for his phone, but instead he pulls out a beautiful wooden jewelry box. He grins at me for a minute and drops down on one knee and that's when he asked. :manyheart I absolutely lost it. I think I was sobbing the second I saw the box!!

The picture is the (daylight) spot where it happened- right in front of the bench! And then a picture of us in the garden.

I don't plan on anything too big, fancy or expensive. There will be a lot of DIY happening- I already have DIY Saturdays planned with my girls to take care of a lot of the decorations! I know it's a once in a lifetime thing, but to me it's not all about the money we're spending either. I'd rather save for the honeymoon and a house. :c9

post-11765-13589777689_thumb.jpg

post-11765-135897776894_thumb.jpg

His mom has a timeshare in Williamsburg (we're in Richmond, so it's a great long weekend trip) so we headed down there when I got off work two Thursdays ago. That Friday we went to dinner on the resort at just the little bar & grill type place. When we finished, Justin wanted to go for a walk, so we started to circle the property. First we headed toward a pond with a fountain and a big white gazebo out over the water, but two people were fishing off of it. We kept circling and there was another smaller gazebo on not such an amazing pond, so we walked down the dock into the gazebo and there was the BIGGEST SPIDER I have ever seen in my whole life!! We both hollared and took off running. Back to the condo we go. We hang out for a few and Justin asks if I want to go on another walk. Out we go again to the big white gazebo. This time instead of one big spider, there had to have been at least 20! We hollared, took off and went back to the condo again. When we get back, Justin suggests we go for a ride. We drive around Colonial Williamsburg and Justin seems like he's in a big hurry to get back, so back we go. We park and go inside and he says "let's go for another walk." This is all getting odd because we NEVER go for walks! LOL The resort is on a big old colonial plantation, so we walk out to the front of the plantation house. It's dark at this point, but there are big spotlights and we look at the house and the flowers in the landscaping and I can tell something is going on because it's like we're stalling for some reason, but all these cars keep driving by with yelling kids or thumping music. Justin says "let's go see the back of the house," so around we walk. There's a really pretty garden and we walk around in the dark and he starts getting mushy. All of a sudden he says "I think I heard my phone." I'm really confused because I don't think I heard his phone, but I'm in the moment and didn't really think about it. He reaches in his pocket like he's going for his phone, but instead he pulls out a beautiful wooden jewelry box. He grins at me for a minute and drops down on one knee and that's when he asked. :manyheart I absolutely lost it. I think I was sobbing the second I saw the box!!

The picture is the (daylight) spot where it happened- right in front of the bench! And then a picture of us in the garden.

I don't plan on anything too big, fancy or expensive. There will be a lot of DIY happening- I already have DIY Saturdays planned with my girls to take care of a lot of the decorations! I know it's a once in a lifetime thing, but to me it's not all about the money we're spending either. I'd rather save for the honeymoon and a house. :c9

Congratulations!!

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

:birthday to Kuddlekubs

I'm finally starting my new job tomorrow. Fingerprints came back, and I'm not an axe murderer!! Anyway, I'm a little nervous, but I'm kinda glad my life will be getting some routine. And some of my WIPs have become UFOs, and I need some yarn, so now I will be able to go on Stash Enhancement Expeditions!

Good Afternoon! Did you all know that there's a series of books called the Crochet Mystery Series? I just started reading the first one.

I'm curious too as to how many squares have been pledged.

Mystery and yarn?!?! I had no idea there was such a thing.

Due to exiting changes in my life I cant go online as regularly as I used to. We launched our business on the 1st of September and have been blessed beyond expectation, but we're putting long hours in, and there is not so much internet time available. Plus we are very tired at night (but in a good way) Hope everyone is doing well and have a super awesome day.:)

fantastic! :cheer

Hi, everyone!!

Sorry I've been MIA for so long! There was vacation, and I had to put my State Fair projects to the top of the priorities until they got finished (just finished a few nights ago! Yay!) and I got engaged about a week and a half ago so now I'm wedding planning! :manyheart

I'm trying to get caught up on posts now and I still have to get Pineknott's squares made and out (hopefully Saturday or Wednesday) and I pledge two squares to Estee! :hug

YAHOOOOO!!!! Congrats!

:bday:birthday:cakeHappy BIrthday goes out to Kuddlekubs!!! Hope you have many happy returns of the day!!

Blessings! Hope this is the best year ever!

We're still plugging along trying to paint and fix up our old house so it'll sell. My nephew is in town doing landscaping for 'curb appeal'. I tell ya I've grown to hate that phrase. :angry Curb appeal...I got ya curb appeal right here buddie....

I did get a square made for Estee. The little bit of crochet I can get in is keeping me sain -ish.

Also - I got 32 squares put together for a ghan for me. It's going to be my anniversary ghan. I crocheted all the way down to the beach for 4 hours and all the way back. Man! Driving with a hook and yarn is hard! LOL! j/k :drive

Anyway - I'm getting it together and it'll be the only blankie I've kept for myself.

Ok- hope everyone has a great weekend if I don't get back on. Lots more painting to do over at the house of horrors.

Good morning all!

Great story Nikki!

Thanks Kim! Congrats on passing the fingerprints! LOL Even when you know nothing will come up, you worry don't you! And Stash E E or SEE? Love it! I need to go SEE soon!

Bubbe......Thanks! And ugh, I know what it is like to prep a place for sale. NOT fun! Hope it goes quickly!

Katie - my BD yesterday was pretty uneventful......I worked and DD went to school. But with the help of a friend, she got me......a Hello Kitty watch and HK earrings! Yes I'm 56, but I love stuff like that! The jewelry is for adults.......and I got french vanilla cupcakes...my FAV! Yummo! So all in all, a good BD!

I did finish one of Estee's squares last nite. Going to work on the other today at lunch. Is supposed to storm so why go out during lunch?

Have a great day all!

kuddles

wow, busy busy people!! I haven't seen Estee post lately here, hope she got my squares by now, or I shall have to call in the Royal Mounted Square Enforcement Agency Place, for help!!! nice job on sending out squares!! Be back later, have a good afternoon!

I know we are supposed to keep charity posts in the charity threads, so please forgive me, Katie! I don't think I'd do very well in Granny Square Jail! :)

I just have to brag on one of our own. I'm now calling Granny Annie my angel because I got the most wonderful box from her this morning! Full of swaddles, hats, scarves, mittens, bibs, and burp cloths. And let me tell you - the absolute most adorable little baby dresses I've ever seen.. EVER. They are so sweet. She's just so generous - she sent so many items!! I can't wait to take them to the shelter. The women and babies will be just so so happy.

Big huge giant hug to you, Ann!!

That does not surprise me! Granny Annie is the most awesome person!

kuddles

Sorry I haven't posted ...been in a funk...also check my mail box only once a week...

Thank you Katy for the beautiful squares...I love that multi color yarn...Your squares are so soft...Do you wash them before sending???

Is everyone pleased with the Drew Peterson outcome??? I am !!! I just pray that the verdict doesn't get reversed upon appeal and that New charges for Stacy's dissappearance are in the works...Do I sound a bit opinionated ???

Got Pathology report back on my stomach problem...No cancer, but suggested surgery as a precaution...Have to go back to my GI doc for followup...Maybe if I have the surgery I'll be able to lose weight more easily...especially if they make my stomach smaller...Will keep you posted as I find more out...

Now about your house Bubbe...I sure hope it doesn't sit on the market for too long...

House sales here are slow and it just seems that the ones that we (my daughter and I) like are way overpriced...Or maybe we just have champagne appetites...

That's it for now...Looks like rain...good time to be hookin...((((HUGGS))) ST

I'm on a square break. My dd loves to watch dh play Zelda so much that she has been walking around for days with a Link I made out of Legos (toy blocks). It frequently breaks apart (like I JUST heard it do!) so I decided a yarn Link was in order. I've got the head and the hair done, now I'm working on the hat. This is the first doll I've ever crocheted! Unfortunately, the pattern is a little wonky so I've done a lot of frogging to get it right.

I hope to finish weaving in ends on my ghan and eeking out Estee's two squares by the end of the month. So sad that it probably will take me all that time!

Sorry I haven't posted ...been in a funk...also check my mail box only once a week...

Thank you Katy for the beautiful squares...I love that multi color yarn...Your squares are so soft...Do you wash them before sending???

Is everyone pleased with the Drew Peterson outcome??? I am !!! I just pray that the verdict doesn't get reversed upon appeal and that New charges for Stacy's dissappearance are in the works...Do I sound a bit opinionated ???

Got Pathology report back on my stomach problem...No cancer, but suggested surgery as a precaution...Have to go back to my GI doc for followup...Maybe if I have the surgery I'll be able to lose weight more easily...especially if they make my stomach smaller...Will keep you posted as I find more out...

Now about your house Bubbe...I sure hope it doesn't sit on the market for too long...

House sales here are slow and it just seems that the ones that we (my daughter and I) like are way overpriced...Or maybe we just have champagne appetites...

Hugs to your funk! I was there last month, better now AND I have your squares ready to send out next week! Woot!

I live in Chicagoland and everyone I've talked to is so happy that Peterson got the guilty! No you aren't opinionated....just stating how you feel!

I'm sewing today.....making myself yet another new purse.....one of StudioKat's patterns.

Off I go to finish up some housework and get to sewing! Then later some more squares while watching a bit of TV!

Have a GREAT day all!

kuddles

First day of work went good and bad. They said I did really well, but I had one of my top 10 worst migraines by the end of my shift. I was sick all night, and I still don't feel great today. Not sure if I'll get any crocheting done.

I've gone through crocheting funks. Last summer I went through one and didn't crochet for a whole month.

Good news is I have a new great nephew! His name is Seth Michael, and he weighed 8lb 5oz and is 22" long :)

post-54847-135897777234_thumb.jpg

Hi Estee, welcome back, we missed ya! no, i don't wash them first, i think the ones I sent were hobby lobby's I love this Yarn, and that is so soft to start out with... Not sure, without seeing them, he he he.. Glad they will work for you!

And glad your tests came out ok too!

I'm on a square break. My dd loves to watch dh play Zelda so much that she has been walking around for days with a Link I made out of Legos (toy blocks). It frequently breaks apart (like I JUST heard it do!) so I decided a yarn Link was in order. I've got the head and the hair done, now I'm working on the hat. This is the first doll I've ever crocheted! Unfortunately, the pattern is a little wonky so I've done a lot of frogging to get it right.

I hope to finish weaving in ends on my ghan and eeking out Estee's two squares by the end of the month. So sad that it probably will take me all that time!

wow, ambitious little hooker aren't you, lol I remember several years ago, more like 10, lol when my daughter got her first car, she named it Link, after that character/game!! lol good times, huh! We have always named our cars, mine are always girls names though!

Hugs to your funk! I was there last month, better now AND I have your squares ready to send out next week! Woot!

I live in Chicagoland and everyone I've talked to is so happy that Peterson got the guilty! No you aren't opinionated....just stating how you feel!

I'm sewing today.....making myself yet another new purse.....one of StudioKat's patterns.

Off I go to finish up some housework and get to sewing! Then later some more squares while watching a bit of TV!

Have a GREAT day all!

kuddles

love to see a pic of that new purse!! I bet it is gorgeous, as all your purses are!!

First day of work went good and bad. They said I did really well, but I had one of my top 10 worst migraines by the end of my shift. I was sick all night, and I still don't feel great today. Not sure if I'll get any crocheting done.

I've gone through crocheting funks. Last summer I went through one and didn't crochet for a whole month.

Good news is I have a new great nephew! His name is Seth Michael, and he weighed 8lb 5oz and is 22" long :)

Oh you poor thing, good on the job, and then a migraine, that sucks, I have only gotten Id say six maybe in my life so far, and I tell ya, one is too many, hope you feel better soon! The baby is adorable!! Love the name too!!

As for crochet funk, do something different for a while, or do nothing at all for a while. we all go through these, but i find even on the days i am in crochet funkland, i still like to be near my yarn, so sometimes i just sort and stuff, and organize things! then I have a nice clean organized room to back to, when the hookin fever hits me again, lol

Normally I try to clean up after every session, I keep a handy hand vac under my easy chair, to just vac up bits and nibs of yarn, and I put needles back, and hooks away, and take out my pop can, or water bottle. It helps to have it looking all in order, to encourage me to hook again!!

Hope everyone had a great day today, and tomorrow too...:hug

Archived