Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well. :hug

Ive been trying to catch up reading the posts on here, but my eyes are so sore. I just finished doing 3 tattoos for a friend. :) they look awesome !! :woo

Well GoodNight and I will (hopefully) see you all tomorrow.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, no kidding, Im very interested in seeing it, being all cotton, as I am wanting to try one, so many questions for you, and looking forward to seeing it!!

Ask away, lol. I've got 42 of 49 squares put together. Best part #1: The last 7 squares are sewn together, so I just need to attach one long strip to the bottom. Best part #2: As of right now, I have no ends to weave in!! And that's such a great feeling! I love the sense of almost accomplishment I feel.

I received two more squares today

thank you Abigail1280 :hug,one in greenish blue and the other in maroon white and hunter green

Yay! I'm glad you got them :)

Um, VikingRunnerGirl, tell that little voice in your head that it's lying, it is only August 17 and you have plenty of time to finish!!!! I had to stop and look at the calendar myself when I read your post! Had me a little worried! Hope your weekend goes better than your week!

Tomorrow I am going to the post office and put some puffies in the mail! I have two for sure, maybe three depending on how much work I do at the church tonight!

Everyone have a great day!

Score!!! I found two $1 stamps in my desk drawer! :clap It isn't enough to send Pineknotts' squares but it is enough to send MrsMcKee's! So, Chickie, keep a look out next week because a puffy is headed your way! BTW, you might recognize the envelope. Its the same one you sent to me! Otherwise, I wouldn't have had money for an evelope either. I guess its true! Give and you shall receive! :lol

Well, I put the 2 in square into place. Now I'm just waiting for the 6 inch ones to finish up the side.

:c9 I received two pkgs today,each containing 2 squares each

one from Estee with a nice flower themed square,the other one with yarn I'll have to hunt down,its delightfully bright

the second pkg. is from Mrs.McKee,again a delightful flower square and a circle in a square pattern,thank you ladies so much,I was kinda down in the dumps,but these pkgs. perked me right back up

Oh and Mrs McKee,where did you find that industrial strength tape,I had a heck of a time getting into that pkg.,lol

so that brings my total to 17 on the 17th of Aug.

wow how cool!!! averages out to one a day, for August so far!!!!!!!!!!!! cool!

and thank you for posting, I love how you put that up for everyone to see on your siggy, I love to see that on everyone's siggy that's done it, it helps so much!!!!!!!

Hi all! Snuck on here at work, only 5 minutes to go. TGIF! Long hard week so I'm glad it is Friday AND our Chicago weather is mid 70s and sun all weekend! Woot!!!!!

Hope you all have a great nite!

kuddles

Lots of reading to catch up on. Glad to see all are basically well and houses are coming along and squares are getting to their new homes.

Just got in from our first vacation in 5 yrs. We celebrated our 30th anniversary at the beach for a week. Perfect weather and so much fun.

Now to start washing all the sand out of clothes......I tell ya I had sand in places I didn't know that I had places! :blush

I got a ton of crochet done in the car down and the drive back. Passed the time on the 4 1/2 hours there. I think I got 12 eight inch squares done and two 12 inchers...and did a little on a birthday project.

Now to go and stare into space and zone out with good memories of the beach.

Birthday party today for my 12 yrold niece, then a BBQ tomorrow with some friends at the park. Hope to get part of my ghan stitched together by tomorrow night. Im still collecting, :) but im getting closer :hug

It's finished! I finally finished my cotton ghan last night. I didn't end up putting as an elaborate border on it as I originally planned, but I'm still happy with the way it turned out. It was really difficult to get good pics of it. The room is too small. One day I'll have my own house and I can put it on my own bed, but for now, it will be packed away until I'm not sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

post-54847-13589777382_thumb.jpg

post-54847-135897773823_thumb.jpg

post-54847-135897773826_thumb.jpg

Skoggy

the wait is over,your squares arrived today,such a nice pattern called arches

one in pumpkin and the other in cherry red,also a note,thank you:hug

Yay! :cheer so glad they have arrived. :hug

Lazy day here but I need to get my butt into gear. I just got 2 orders from my Etsy shop last night and I need to get them finished and in the mail by Monday!

Also, I realized this a.m. that half my battle in sending Pineknott's squares is actually not an issue. I thought I would need to buy an envelope but that won't be necessary because I have a 15"x10" that I can use instead! I didn't want to waste such a big envelope for squares but, since I need 2 separate envelopes (I still have one other square to send out), I can just cut it in half! Problem solved! Now to scrape up a couple of dollars for postage.....

wow, that looks fab Kim! Nice job!! Im glad Linda you are still collecting for AUg biggest Square, you've got about half a month left, then the crown will go to another deserving person, who will it be next time?? :think

You all do know, that I chose at random, assigning the month's elligible (those that have not won yet and are still active) members each a number, then running the random number generator! In the event that the member chosen is not interested (what!!):eek or doesn't reply to my email, I would move on to the second number chosen as back up! :clap

The member numbers are never the same as i mix um up each time, so everyone has an equal chance!

Just sayin. lol Have a great weekend everyone!!! :cheer

It's finished! I finally finished my cotton ghan last night. I didn't end up putting as an elaborate border on it as I originally planned, but I'm still happy with the way it turned out. It was really difficult to get good pics of it. The room is too small. One day I'll have my own house and I can put it on my own bed, but for now, it will be packed away until I'm not sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

Your afghan is beautiful!

I think I finally got my gauge back,thank goodness,I was getting tired of all those wonky size squares.

I'll just throw this question out there,as I'm curious

some people on the list never seem to post at all,is it just that they are active on crochetville,or active on this thread,say once a month??

well, that is a good question..I hate to weed anyone out just cause they don't post too often, truth is, I may not see it, so I update now and again, and check out when they were last on the Ville at all, doesn't matter what thread or post, just so that they are still out there, and I will get a confirmation email back. lol thanks for asking that question, it's hard to keep track of everyone so I may miss someone posting on this thread, or when they post, just active on the ville, I guess is my point. Anywho, hope that helps! I usually check after a member has been chosen, and if they hadn't been seen on the ville for a couple months, I would probably TRY an email, and then if no answer, would move on to my back up numbered member.... Does that help at all, lol

Hi gals! Great weather here so Baby K and enjoyed two walks and going to the Farmers Market! Play date tomorrow to the Greek Fest...should be fun! It is within walking distance to our new place so that is cool!

Have a great evening all!

kuddles

well, that is a good question..I hate to weed anyone out just cause they don't post too often, truth is, I may not see it, so I update now and again, and check out when they were last on the Ville at all, doesn't matter what thread or post, just so that they are still out there, and I will get a confirmation email back. lol thanks for asking that question, it's hard to keep track of everyone so I may miss someone posting on this thread, or when they post, just active on the ville, I guess is my point. Anywho, hope that helps! I usually check after a member has been chosen, and if they hadn't been seen on the ville for a couple months, I would probably TRY an email, and then if no answer, would move on to my back up numbered member.... Does that help at all, lol

thanks for answering,oh thats right some don't have easy access to a computer and I guess you never know whats going on in their lives that keeps them away.

Wow Kim, that is beautiful!

I also want to say "hi" to everyone. I know I haven't been around much. I'm still trying to get back on my feet. At least I've managed to stay out of the hospital so far this month, LOL! But I think I'm going to have to call it quits for the group for now, I'm sad to say. Maybe once I get stronger I'll be able to get back into it, but for now I have to concentrate on other things. I do have a few squares done up that I need to get out. I'll try to send those soon. Take care everyone and thank you to all that have sent me squares. When I (ever) get mine blanket put together I'll post a pic! :hug

Wow Kim, that is beautiful!

I also want to say "hi" to everyone. I know I haven't been around much. I'm still trying to get back on my feet. At least I've managed to stay out of the hospital so far this month, LOL! But I think I'm going to have to call it quits for the group for now, I'm sad to say. Maybe once I get stronger I'll be able to get back into it, but for now I have to concentrate on other things. I do have a few squares done up that I need to get out. I'll try to send those soon. Take care everyone and thank you to all that have sent me squares. When I (ever) get mine blanket put together I'll post a pic! :hug

Sorry to hear that you are leaving the group Ann but the reasons are totally understandable. I wish you all the best and hope you get your strength back soon and you come back to us. Big hugs from your friend in the UK :hug

Archived