2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I am posting my scores early. Going to a Polish dinner at the church tonight. It's so much fun and the food is soooooo good. It's a sold out crowd of 250 people. They do pretty good at this dinner.

WTD=-4 YTD=-2

:manyheart

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been :crocheting away but haven't used up any more skeins. One of my DD's did raid my stash again & took 1 full skein & 2 balls, so adding another +4 to my total. Hopefully, I'll finish off a few more skeins myself by tonight.

Ya know, I have 2 daughters who are constantly raiding my stash (mostly scraps) but I still end up in the negative since I tend to buy lots of yarn! :devil

WHAT???? We can count when our kids take from our stash? My DD just took 3 skeins out of my stash to make hats for her friends! :) YAY!! I'll have to get her to send me pics of the last hat she made. She did a great job!

Yay!! That means I get to take 6 off my negative score!!

Added Stephanie to the list. Welcome!

Have I missed anyone else? The list is on page #6.

It's sometimes hard to keep reading this thread when it can grow pretty rapidly.

HOORAY!!!!! I managed to use up half of each of 3 skeins!! I have one blanket 1/4 of the way finished and I just started yesterday afternoon! GO ME!! So far have like 6 hours put into the blanket. :hook:crocheting:yay

Here's the blanket so far:

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1326573814.jpg

and a close up:

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1326573713.jpg

I'll go ahead and post my score for this week since I have a busy afternoon ahead of me and I won't get anymore crocheting done until late tonight.

Week ending 1-14-12

WTD: -9 YTD: -4

I finished a bag and got two more skeins rolled into balls.

WTD +4

You are doing good! Staying positive!

Well, I got my yarn order today...most of it, so I'm counting all of it.

WTD -50

YTD -50

WHAT???? We can count when our kids take from our stash? My DD just took 3 skeins out of my stash to make hats for her friends! :) YAY!! I'll have to get her to send me pics of the last hat she made. She did a great job!

Yay!! That means I get to take 6 off my negative score!!

Any way that yarn leaves your stash is good for positive points, whether your kids take it, you gift it or you take it out to the trash and burn it! So if I were to send you 5 skeins, I'd get +10 and you'd get -10.

This week I gifted 13 skeins to another crocheter and rolled 3 skeins to balls so

WTD +29

YTD +29

It's been a good week! Classes don't start until next week, so I've had my evenings to crochet! :hook Plus, I'm working on a pattern that uses an "N" hook & two strands of yarn! :devil Here's my scores for this week:

WTD: +16 YTD: +12

Let's see. I finished off 2 balls and an entire skein today alone, making hats. Sheesh, my wrist is starting to kill me :lol I think I need to take a break tonight.

Week ending 1/14/2012

WTD: + 11 ; YTD: +21

I finished up some finger puppets and made a baby bearghan this week. I also made a few squares for HeartMade Blessings. I had to buy two skeins of yarn for a puppy dog that I'm starting on tomorrow for my son. But I still ended up in the positive. :clap

wtd +3/ytd +1

Isn't it amazing how :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn just seems to "Jump" into your basket when you're shopping? :yes We went to Joann's because DD was needing some yarn for a scarf that she is making for someone and, well..... I ended up with 4 skeins of Vanna's Choice "Wild Berry". I think it's my all time favorite color! It's just so pretty! I love it! This yarn will be set aside for ME! Just me! I'm going to make myself a matching hat & scarf set. I hardly ever make something for myself.

WTD +0 / YTD - 10

Maybe next week I'll stay in the positive. I'm not holding my breath! :devil

I have cotton coming in from Joann's online (since I'm not driving to Knoxville to go to the store) so my score next week will likely be in the negative, unless I kick myself into gear :lol:

HOORAY!!!!! I managed to use up half of each of 3 skeins!! I have one blanket 1/4 of the way finished and I just started yesterday afternoon! GO ME!! So far have like 6 hours put into the blanket. :hook:crocheting:yay

Here's the blanket so far:

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1326573814.jpg

and a close up:

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1326573713.jpg

I love this pattern and am thinking of doing a blanket in this when I finish the afghans I'm working on. Tomorrow I may finish up my African flower hexagon for mom and dad :clap

Use 10 balls of yarn this week, but gained 4 balls as I slowly frog an ugly unfinished afghan from years ago...since I am obviously not going to finish it, I am re-claiming the yarn!

WTD +6 YTD +12

Archived