2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:drool I would love to have a stash that large! I'm going to show my DH so that I can say "SEE, I don't have that much yarn...let's go buy some more!" :lol

Mine would kill me if I had that much yarn. He thinks I have enough.

:manyheart

:drool I would love to have a stash that large! I'm going to show my DH so that I can say "SEE, I don't have that much yarn...let's go buy some more!" :lol

Mine yelled at me last week that I had too much yarn. I told him "at least I don't spend hours on end starting at wrestling websites. Want to try again?" He shut up after that. Doesn't help that I have a feeling I'm going to be the shoot the moon winner next week :lol But at least I do have a project in mind for two thirds of the yarn I ordered.

well ..stash sizes...you know one day you wake up and it's just all..well...its THERE?? yah know?? It just appears out of nowhere and and ..well you know..it kinda..well....

OK I'M A YARN JUNKY AND I HAVE COME TO THIS CAL AGAIN FOR HELP....pant, pant..ok I did, I said it..I ADMITTED it!!

:neener

well ..stash sizes...you know one day you wake up and it's just all..well...its THERE?? yah know?? It just appears out of nowhere and and ..well you know..it kinda..well....

OK I'M A YARN JUNKY AND I HAVE COME TO THIS CAL AGAIN FOR HELP....pant, pant..ok I did, I said it..I ADMITTED it!!

:neener

Welcome, FrLopLady! I'm a yarn addict as well! You're among friends here because, regardless of our stash size, we're all in the same boat: we want to bust our stashes.

:think Probably so we can build it back up, of course. :eek:devil:manyheart

What a drool-worthy stash! :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool I think I'm in love with your stash! :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

I wish my stash was that organized. Mine is spread throughout the house (basement, two bedrooms, and temperature-controlled attic). By the way, those pop-ups are great. I've used pop-up hampers to corral some of my yarn when it's waiting for scrap projects. The rest of my yarn is stored in vacuum-sealed space bags. That way I can store two to three-times as much yarn in the same amount of space. :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Your stash is awesome! Now, you need to get moving to bust it. :devil

This is not one of my good weeks for stash busting. I've only used up five skeins so far (so +10), but I've finished three afghans. Go figure! At least I'm in positive territory and getting WIP's completed.

Thank you!! My yarn is NOW that organized. I had to sort it all out to take the pictures!! :lol And yes, the plan is to bust through some of it. I don't take the time to sit and hook as much as I would like; life is just like that for me, ya know? I am broke, though, so not buying any more (especially after pulling it all out for it's photo op) is very easy for me!! :yes

I did work on the burgundy and cream afghan today, I'm working that with 2 strands of yarn held together, so I use up 2 skeins at once. I only have about maybe half of the two skeins gone so far, though. :yarn

All I can say is WOW! :eek That is the biggest stash I've ever seen!

Oh, my - I need to find a link to a blog I've seen. A lady shows off her Mother-in-Law's stash, and it's an entire (huge) room with shelving units all over and each shelving unit is FULL. Absolutely beautiful!! :hug

...and my husband thinks I have a lot of yarn! Lol. I'm so jealous! I know I have over 100 skeins in my stash, but it's mostly in a very large tote, in the back of my car. My house is up for sale, so I decided I'd put it there so I can still get to it. I do have a basket in my closet that has some colors that I'm currently working with in it though.

:yes I know, I have a lot more than I realized... :lol

Nice stash Melanie :drool I don't really have much compared to you ladies...but I'm also on a yarn buying hiatus since I'm broke so unless I need it for a specific project, it stays put :( Plus, I'm currently living with my sister and her bf so don't want to overwhelm him :lol

I worked some squares last night and my ghan is going to be 12 instead of 20 so will be 3'x4' prior to the border. Still didn't finish my skein though :shrug

Thank you!! :hug

:rofl I'm not trying to be an enabler here, honest!! :angel Of course, if you can get away with it, I'm all in!! :devil

Here is the original post ~ http://mochimochiland.com/2007/07/the-worlds-biggest-stash/

And here is the "update" to that particular post ~ http://mochimochiland.com/2011/01/worlds-biggest-yarn-stash-update-and-interview/

So, my little stash looks nice and reasonable now, doesn't it?? :rofl

Welcome, FrLopLady! I'm a yarn addict as well! You're among friends here because, regardless of our stash size, we're all in the same boat: we want to bust our stashes.

:think Probably so we can build it back up, of course. :eek:devil:manyheart

Am I the only one that's proud of their stash?? :rofl

:turtle Vs. :rabbit 2012 :lol

:turtle:vheart

Am I the only one that's proud of their stash?? :rofl

:turtle Vs. :rabbit 2012 :lol

im being good so fz

Im being good, kinda, so far. The biggest problem is i had someone giving me yarn lol. But i know there is a H)L run in my future soon. My friend going through chemo is making tie fleece blankets instead of smoking and shed love to go look for more fleece lol. Thats my excuse and im sticking to it!

Here is the original post ~ http://mochimochiland.com/2007/07/the-worlds-biggest-stash/

And here is the "update" to that particular post ~ http://mochimochiland.com/2011/01/worlds-biggest-yarn-stash-update-and-interview/

WOW :eek My stash is miniscule compared to that! I am impressed! :nworthy

No hooking for me last night :no But, I have high hopes for tonight :lol

WOW :eek:rofl That is a LYS, not a stash :think

Turned a skein into a ball. :)

Nope!! I love mine! But my DH thinks I have way too much yarn. I don't see it though. Other people have way more than I do. I mean it's only like 130 skeins or so ....:hook

WOW! :eek

And I thought I had too much yarn.

I'm just going to have to try harder.:rofl:rofl

I don't think that there will be any crocheting for me this week. Too many things scheduled after work and just not enough time.

Well, I've managed to use up 1 more skein so far, but I got 16 more in the mail yesterday! So I'm going from +22 to -10!!! :devil I'm finishing up an afghan & hope to finish off a few more skeins in the next couple of days. If I don't finish them off, I'll at least get to count the partial skein I did use up. I'd love to at least come out even!

BARELY finished another football [This one with braids in ARKANSAS RAZORBACK colors!!! WPS!!!] I was so afraid I wasn't going to have enough Brown, and I didn't have enough for the brown row of SC at the bottom, so I switched it out for Burgandy!

This puts me at +3 for the week.

post-46820-135897728393_thumb.jpg

Archived