2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm not going to get this latest skein finished, so I'll just post my numbers now. I didn't get a lot finished this week, but I still used up a lot of yarn! :woo

WTD: +38, which brings my YTD TO +62

I need to do better on completing projects next week. Using up yarn is great, but I need to get some WIP's cleared out. :wink I really want to start more! :devil

Now for my weekly, gratuitous usage of smilies to get it out of my system for another seven days:

:ghug:flower:laughroll:U:2hug:angel:mail:bounce:h5:idea:waving:tup:faint:goodorbad

Finished up the crown of thorn afghan this week, it's pretty, but it took some time. Posted a picture of it yesterday. Started a shell afghan and it's one piece so will work up much faster. WTD+10

Your Crown of Thorn afghan is beautiful! :clap Is it your original pattern or is it from a book? I would love to make one for my grandmother for her birthday; plus, it would use up more of my stash.

I love this pattern and am thinking of doing a blanket in this when I finish the afghans I'm working on. Tomorrow I may finish up my African flower hexagon for mom and dad :clap

When I first saw this pattern I thought that it would be difficult and I would regret trying it out, but it's actually pretty neat. Only think I don't care for is all the TAILS TO WEAVE!! Doing a color change every other row is leaving a TON of tails! But it's really pretty!

All the well laid plans of mice and men...i bought a skein today..grrr but i did make 2 balls on a shawl. I might get one of them used up yet. So im still at -1 lol. If only i hadnt bought that skein today. Sigh..

And that is where I will end this week...

WTD: -1 YTD: -10

how did I get 10 in the hole already? :think:think:eek:eek I bought yarn!??? :cheer:cheer:cheer:lol:lol:lol:hook

It's late, and that's because I was DETERMINED to get in the positive this week!! And I did it! I used up a 5 oz skein making squares, and rolled a partial skein into a ball!! :woo My score for

Week ending 1-14-2012 is WTD +3 / YTD +3

When I first saw this pattern I thought that it would be difficult and I would regret trying it out, but it's actually pretty neat. Only think I don't care for is all the TAILS TO WEAVE!! Doing a color change every other row is leaving a TON of tails! But it's really pretty!

Did one of these years ago for hubby in shades of green. Yes, there are a lot of little tails, but it is so worth it. It is one of his favorite afghans.

You picked a great color scheme for yours. Can't wait to see it all done. :)

Stashbusting for

Week ending January 14th, 2012

Joyfulghans +38 Gold medal winner!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

MouseCLP +29 Silver medal winner!:cheer:clap:cheer

HollyzHobbyz +16 Bronze medal winner! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Using up yarn:

:cheer:cheer:cheer

dragonpuck +15

pineknott +12

Amibel +11

lhasaapsolady +10

cshort +6

krodrig99 +6

Shannart +6

greyhoundgrandma +4

TurtleLvr +4

PBLKNP +4

cris +3

MamaBearCRTE +3

crabbyrat +3

tnkycrochetnut +2

fc1123 +2

jessicali +1

Ellie13 +1

saffronangel +1

marpan79 +1

Holding steady:

:cheer:clap:cheer

Cathoms 0

walker1021 0

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

sahm2g1b 0

kraftynkrazy 0

New yarn to play in:

:cheer:clap:cheer

FrLpLady -1

Ravenaier -2

Stephanie -2

CLLinda -4

prettywoman030981 -9

TrinaLRose -9

Abigail1280 -10

yarngeek -12

And the winner of "shoot the moon" is Braxxi with a total of -50! Way to go!

:cheer:cheer:cheerDon't forget, you are the scorekeeper next weekend!

Have a terrific week, everyone!

I hope I didn't forget anyone.

:)

:turtle:vheart

Great job on the scorekeeping, TurtleLvr!

Now, we all need to Bust through some yarn this week, right?

:manyheart

Surprise, surprise...NOT! LOL! I will post scores next Sunday morning. Getting hookin' everyone!

Surprise, surprise...NOT! LOL! I will post scores next Sunday morning. Getting hookin' everyone!

I'm hoping to get through some yarn this week....starting today. I'm almost finished a pounder on a shawl I'm making for a co-worker....now just to get away from the computer, and get hooking! :cheer:hook

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay :wooCongratulations everyone. Let's keep those :hook s flying this coming week. Let's see how much :crocheting we can do this coming week. But I must admit I am just a little envious of Braxxi's "Shoot the Moon" score of -50. That's 25 whole skeins of new yarn to play with.:drool I understand :yes what Ravenaier means about getting away from the computer :ccomputer. I would get more :crocheting done if I just stayed away from the :ccompute.

:woo:bounce:2eek:whew

:fame:party:bow:day:ty:nworthy:bheart

I think those scores deserve some gratuitous smilies!

All those positive numbers are awesome! :applause:applause:applause I am jealous of everyone who has help busting their stashes, although it must be painful to part with that yarn! :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

I do have one possibly weird question: :think I find it motivating to save the wraps from my finished skeins and keep them in a bag. Every week I take a picture of the bag as it fills. :gallery Could I post the picture here with my weekly scores or is there another more suitable location? The finished projects are easy, since they can be pictured in Show-and-Tell. But, the pictures of that bag slowly filling last year was such a motivator!

Oh, just realized it might help to illustrate what I mean. That's a picture of my bag of wrappers from skeins I've used up since 00:00/midnight New Year's Eve through sometime last evening. Yeah, it's weird, but it helps keep me on track.

post-57183-135897726882_thumb.jpg

Great job on the scorekeeping, TurtleLvr!

Now, we all need to Bust through some yarn this week, right?

:manyheart

Thanks. I just "stole" your post from last week and changed the names! :lol

Bust? I doubt it. Hitting Joann's tomorrow. My last day "off" for awhile since classes start back up Wed. I'm going shopping!! I still have a gift card left over from Christmas burning a hole in my pocket! :lol

:turtle:vheart

I finished a baby blanket I was making for the new grandbaby this morning. I think the little turkey is just waiting to come until he thinks I have used up a sufficient amount of yarn on him. :lol He is already 4 days late, so I hope this satisfies him. :D

Anyway, used up one skein and rolled another down to a ball for a +3 so far this week. :yay

Archived