2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

You do not have to count the yarn until it is in your personal possession. :yes

She's right! And the way some companies are shipping lately, it may be a while until you have to count it.

:manyheart

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bought 2 skeins. One wool for an experiment..the other to make a hat for my friend. -4

Made a hat with the end of a skein and finished another and made a ball for a +3

making me -1 so far this week..

I will be even or + this week...I will I will I will.... maybe time to work on the scrap ghan again :cheer

I was making my New Year resolutions, one of which is getting BACK into crocheting and actually finishing some of these blankets I have laying around and finding my apartment under the heaps of yarn I have also laying around, and just remembered this CAL! So count me in. Maybe this will help me to get to all those projects I watn to get to and to actually make the baby something, since I haven't made her anything and she's going to be here soon!

I had to go buy 7 skeins of yarn today. I feel like I'm getting ready for Christmas. I have family coming in down in a month, and I'm on a race to get some stuff done to give them. My yarn ball winder was supposed to arrive today, but I missed it :(, so I have to go get it tomorrow. I got free shipping and it requires a signature!

Woohoo! I used up a skein and a ball yesterday making beanies for the children's hospital over in Knoxville. I have moar skeins with me at work today, muahahahahahahaaaaaa

Whew. Made myself one of the Divine Hats AND finished off the entire skein by making another baby beanie for the box. Which puts me at another +2, so I am already up +5 for the week, woohoo!

I was making my New Year resolutions, one of which is getting BACK into crocheting and actually finishing some of these blankets I have laying around and finding my apartment under the heaps of yarn I have also laying around, and just remembered this CAL! So count me in. Maybe this will help me to get to all those projects I watn to get to and to actually make the baby something, since I haven't made her anything and she's going to be here soon!

:welcome

lol. looks like I'll be back in the negative tomorrow! My 11 skeins should be here tomorrow afternoon! Just got an email from Hobby Lobby that it shipped and I checked and it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow afternoon!

:yay for getting new yarn!! :yes

:ohdear:yuck for having a negative score...

You have plenty of time go get back to the positive side, though!! :hook (I mean, of course, before the end of the year... :rofl)

:yay for getting new yarn!! :yes

:ohdear:yuck for having a negative score...

You have plenty of time go get back to the positive side, though!! :hook (I mean, of course, before the end of the year... :rofl)

It will take me a month or more to get the 2 twin size blankets done. I have limited crochet time (nap times and after baby goes down for the night), so it takes me longer to do stuff than normal. Hopefully I can get some little projects done to use up some of my stash. :shrug

Good afternoon :hi

I didn't get any hook time in last night :( But should tonight :xfin So my score for this week is standing at a big fat '0' :lol

I actually DID get some hooky time in last night! :crocheting I managed to make a 12" neverending square and most of a 6" square. :hook

...still haven't used up any balls or skeins, though... :shrug ...so my score is ALSO sitting at a big fat zero!! :rofl (hey, at least it isn't negative, right? :manyheart)

Oh yay! Hopefully my score is only in the positives this year since I'm too broke to buy yarn! But then... I just told my sister to give me colors she likes for an afghan since she's the only person I haven't made anything for on my side of the family. Hmm... Guess I better start getting that score down so I can destroy it later!

I feel like Freddy Mercury - another one bites the dust! Another Divine Hat, this time for our neighbor's birthday tomorrow, and made another NICU beanie out of the rest of the skein. I'm rolling right along. Gotta keep it up so I don't destroy my score if I need to buy cotton for the potholder swap.

It will take me a month or more to get the 2 twin size blankets done. I have limited crochet time (nap times and after baby goes down for the night), so it takes me longer to do stuff than normal. Hopefully I can get some little projects done to use up some of my stash. :shrug

I know your feeling :lol My two are 17 months and trying to get stuff done in a reasonable amount of time is just... hard. The only reason I have positive scores is because I work the front desk at a motel 2 days a week and its pretty quiet this time of year so I have 8-9 hours fairly uninterrupted crochet time :lol

Finally used up a skein! It was a 7 oz RHSS but it seemed to never end! :lol

Sometimes, they seem to go forever!

And it starts. I've used up one measely skein and purchased seven more. :devil

Just seven? You can do better than that!

Archived