2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

:think Is it too late to join this CAL? I need more motivation to bust my stash; it's getting more than a little out of hand. :(

:crocheting

No, it's not too late. I'll put your name on the list. If you have any questions, please ask.

:manyheart

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:crocheting:crocheting used up another skein and made a ball sooo..

WTD -1 YTD -1

:cheer:cheer:cheer

I will have you know I drove right :eek BY:eek a Ben Franklin..one of my favorite stores to go to...drove right by it..even had the excuse I could go there because I just had to wait for a train anyway (of course I knew it would be less than a minute before it was past..I had just driven past the end :D). BUT! I resisted!!! :yes:yes

sigh... it was better for my score that way :lol:hook:hook

First of all, it has to be a record that so many people have posted their scores this weekend. Keep up the good work,everyone!

And second, it's a lot of people in the Positives this week! Terrific!

And third, I want to welcome everyone who has just joined to the group this year! It's great to see new people join this CAL.

And welcome back to all those from last year. It's good to see familiar names too!

It looks like it will be a terrific year for stashbusting! I just wonder what our numbers will look like at the end of the year!

And the rule is that you are supposed to have your scores in by Midnight on Saturday. You can do so until the scorekeeper does the scores. And if you are late, it's up to the scorekeeper if they want to add you or not. Just a fair warning.

Enough said. Now it's time for scorekeeping!

Stashbusting for

the first week of 2012

Week ending January 7th, 2012

Joyfulghans +24 Gold medal winner!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

Amibel +10 Silver medal winner!:cheer:clap:cheer

greyhoundgrandma +7 Bronze medal winner! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Using up yarn::cheer:cheer:cheer

lhasaapsolady +6

cris +6

fc1123 +6

Ravenaier +6

PBLKNP +6

Shannart +6

prettywoman030981 +5

Pineknott +5

BigPinkPolkaDot +4

Walker 1021 +4

Denevagil +3

Dragonpuck +3

NeedleArts +2

CLLinda +2

Ally +2

Holding steady::cheer:clap:cheer

Krazycrocheter 0

Kraftynkrazy 0

MouseCLP 0

tnkycrochetnut 0

Braxxi 0

crabby rat 0

New yarn to play in: :cheer:clap:cheer

FrLpLady -1

cshort -2

MamaBearCRTE -2

yarn geek -2

Ellie 13 -4

sahm2g1b -10

And the winner of "shoot the moon" is TurtleLvr with a total of -16! Way to go!:cheer:cheer:cheerDon't forget, you are the scorekeeper next weekend!

Have a terrific week, everyone!

One more thing,

It's terrific to see new members win the medals for the first week. Keep up the good work, ladies!

I'm glad we got through the first week of 2012 with the success we did. I'm so glad I wasn't in the negative. Maybe next week I'll be in the positive. Glad so many were in the positive though. Over all I would say it was a great week. :yay:ghug

It was a great week. Keep up the good work, everyone!

Oh, and I might have gotten a bit carried away with color, symbols, etc. on the scorekeeping. When it's your turn, it doesn't have to be fancy at all. Just as long as the scores are there, anything else is extra.

Can't believe I got a medal this week! Hope I can stay in the positives more this year.

I finished an afghan last night, just need to weave in the ends. Making an SBT to put it in, but I don't think even that will finish the skein. Then I'll be starting on an afghan using regular skeins rather than pounders.

I'm sorry I missed it too. Yesterday was insane. My neighbor accidentally started a brush fire and managed to burn a good portion of my back yard, a lot of the brush behind us, and a small part of the hunting park next door to us. 3 Fire Departments were called in. Luckily, no buildings were burned, and no one was hurt. But it was pretty scary. It's amazing how quickly it can happen, and spread. He started it to burn some clippings, and within 30 seconds, it was out of control. Crummy part is, I just put my house up for sale, and now half of my lawn is black, but it'll be beautiful before summer. Too bad I won't be here to see it :)

My score was decent, but I wouldn't have won any awards. Congrats to those who did :)

:fame I feel as if I won an Oscar! :bow

I didn't realize how motivating this would be. I really want an even better score for this week. :woo Although, I find myself playing around on the forums instead of crocheting, because while I can read while I crochet, I find that I can't type at the same time. :P

Onward to next week! :yay:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting

Sorry for the smilie-mania. They're just too cute to play with! :blush

Am I the only one who has a yarn closet? :blush:devil

My closet is filled with "card making" supplies. I have enough to put Hallmark out of business. If only I would actually make cards. :blush

It's my understanding that if counts when it's received, not when it's ordered. Linda will have to be the judge on this. :think

I have a "woman cave". :devil

:turtle:vheart

I like that term "Woman Cave"..... :yes

I was going to share the pic of my graph ghana that I finished just in time yesterday to get a little shut eye before the bay boys gf picked us up to help decorate. I'm on my iPad and when I open the attachment window it doesn't allow me to upload from this so I'm not sure how to do it yet.

I think in future weeks I'll post my score on Friday since I don't usually get on during the weekend and I'll only keep missing the deadline :( the weekends are usually busy around here.....but may die down with football season :think

I hope everyone's having a great weekend and I'll 'see' y'all on Monday.

I'm sorry I missed it too. Yesterday was insane. My neighbor accidentally started a brush fire and managed to burn a good portion of my back yard, a lot of the brush behind us, and a small part of the hunting park next door to us. 3 Fire Departments were called in. Luckily, no buildings were burned, and no one was hurt. But it was pretty scary. It's amazing how quickly it can happen, and spread. He started it to burn some clippings, and within 30 seconds, it was out of control. Crummy part is, I just put my house up for sale, and now half of my lawn is black, but it'll be beautiful before summer. Too bad I won't be here to see it :)

My score was decent, but I wouldn't have won any awards. Congrats to those who did :)

WOW---I'm glad you and your home were not hurt :hug

WOO HOO!!! I win!! :lol

I will post next week, but I do work Sundays so it will be early evening before I can get them in...unless I get up early and have time before work. :)

:turtle:vheart

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay Just finished my second UBW cap today using two skeins of RHSS Dress Blues. The two skeins I was using on can now be rolled into two balls. So my score starting the week of January 8th isWTD +2

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay I am so proud of me. Joann.com had all of their yarn 30% off and free shipping on $50 or more order. It ended at 11:59 p.m. yesterday. All day I kept thinking about placing an order. After all I had my Christmas money I could spend. There RHSS 7oz. skeins were $2.09. That is the lowest (other than a A. C. Moore ad I saw online where they were $1.97) I have seen RHSS in a long while. It was so tempting. There were some colors that although I have some of each color I wanted more. But I was finally able to talk myself out of ordering. My plan is to go on and use up those pretty colors. Then after I go through my stash that I can't get to right now there may be other colors that I would like to buy also. Ones that would compliment what is in my stash. Then I can buy the others at that time too. So I suspect I will be having a negative total sometime later this year. But oh the fun I will have.

Yarn "counts" when you receive it. I don't think you should count it when ordering it until it actually gets in your hands. Sometimes, the mail order companies take a week or two before you actually get the yarn in your hands.

I hope this helps.

Well, I got my new year off to a very slow start as I injured my neck and shoulder on Wednesday and have been unable to use my arm very much (no crocheting :( ). Oh well, since I also have made a personal goal to buy NO YARN for the first half of 2012 (unless it is for a swap), I wound up with a great big nothing this week!

Week Ending 1-7-2012:

WTD = 0 YTD = 0

:hug Take care! Those neck and shoulder injuries are nothing to mess with.

:eek Thank goodness no one was hurt! It sucks that it happened while you're trying to sell your house though.

Archived