2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I bought two skeins after posting last week's score in the 2011 Stashbusting, but used them up. Went to ACMoore AND my LYS today and BOUGHT NO YARN!!! :eek:yay

WTD 0

YTD 0

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished my UBW cap. Have started another one using same two skeins of RHSS Dress Blues. But have not used up enough yarn to count so my score is a:

WTD: 0

I have been crocheting :crocheting away but just not using up enough yarn :yarn to count. Boy, talk about being frustrated. :thair:bang:rant But I guess I will keep plugging, excuse me, crocheting :crocheting away. :shrug

Scores are looking good, everyone! So far, Amibel is at gold with a +10! Can anyone beat that?

:manyheart

Add me too. I haven't been here since Christmas. I was :sick, so I didn't get to the library to post my scores. I :crocheting though :manyheart. Since it's 2012, I'll forget that. I bought 6 skeins (-12) for the Vanna White contest on Tue. I've used 1 and rolled down 6 skeins (+8).

WTD: - 4 YTD: - 4

Ellie 13

P.S. If I Shoot The Moon, I can't post scores. Can someone else do it?

The skein I am working off right now is a pounder; I'm not even seeing anything I could whip up real quick right now and use up a skein or a ball... so, I'll go ahead and post my score. :) I did buy yarn after Christmas, but it was BEFORE the new year, cha-ching! LOL I'm starting to regret always going after the great big skeins, however!! :rofl

FOR WEEK ENDING JANUARY 7, 2012:

WTD 0 / YTD 0

Need to post scores actually in a post. Someone a page or 2 back gave an example. We put it in larger type and in color so that helps the person trying to keep score to find it more easily

Thank you, Mary!:)

I used up two skeins on granny squares and finger puppets but had to buy three skeins to make more finger puppets. So I'm starting the year in the hole. Oh well, what a way to go. :c9

wtd -2/ytd -2

I have a "guest room"...... *coughs*

Yes..Half my craft room is full of plastic bins and boxes of yarn :eek. I enjoyed the pics of people's stash. My camera broke and I cannot take pics of yarn or projects right now!

My goal is to have a better score this year than last year.

Mary...your prayer shawl and hat are gorgeous ;). Everyone who included pics of their completed projects...you all do such beautiful work :cheer

I have finished booties/hats for newborn twins. Hat for my best friend, working on the matching scarf. Scarf #2 & part of #3 for the Special Olympics. 2 bootie/hat sets for charity...working on a 3rd. As well as bits & pieces on my African Flower Hexagon Afghan for mom & dad.

Busy, busy crochet week...but using mostly skeins.

Used 1 skein, 1 ball, and turned 3 skeins into balls:

WTD= +6 YTD= +6

:think Is it too late to join this CAL? I need more motivation to bust my stash; it's getting more than a little out of hand. :(

:crocheting

:welcome It's never too late to join! The rules are in the first post of the thread. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask; we're a friendly and helpful bunch. :)

I managed to use up 2 skeins today (one on a afghan I'm working on & one on a hat). :clap But, I went shopping today & came home with 18 skeins:yarn:yarn! :eek So, my previous +22 is now:

WTD -10 / YTD - 10

I :manyheart having new :yarn to play with & :crocheting. :c9

:welcome It's never too late to join! The rules are in the first post of the thread. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask; we're a friendly and helpful bunch. :)

:woo

:day or night! :clap

Thank you for the welcome. I did read the first post, but it wasn't explicit concerning how long you had to sign up. So, I wanted to make sure it wasn't too late. It would have been embarrassing to screw things up on my first post. :blush

I used up twelve skeins, so +24, bought none!

That makes my

Jan 1st -> 7th total: +24

Entered 2012-01-07 at 23:48

... better add that to my signature now! I joined a CAL! :jumpyay

Well, I got my new year off to a very slow start as I injured my neck and shoulder on Wednesday and have been unable to use my arm very much (no crocheting :( ). Oh well, since I also have made a personal goal to buy NO YARN for the first half of 2012 (unless it is for a swap), I wound up with a great big nothing this week!

Week Ending 1-7-2012:

WTD = 0 YTD = 0

Archived