2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, I know that I don't have a HUGE stash, but I'm new to this and we are on a budget so I don't get to buy yarn as much as I would like to. But I organized my stash today and took a pic. lol. And this doesn't include the 10 skeins I have for the ripple afghan or the 2 I have for my spiral lapghan. :D:crocheting

post-55092-135897724224_thumb.jpg

WooHoo!! I finished out a skein of Grey, & White making these 2 hats!!

So if I understand correctly - I'm in the positives right?

So my Score would be

WTD; +4 YTD; +4?

I can't tell which is cuter; your hats or your model.:lol

Ok so i really dont have much of a stash as i stated but it did start to grow this week with the buyin of 14 skeins of yarn. One for an elephant and panda bear im making for my youngest daughter, Harmony's 2 friends and the rest for the mystery afghan. so i have added 14 to my stash.

Ravelry has a thread called Flash Your Stash 2011. If you are on Rav, here is the link http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/yarn/1457075/1-25

Yeah, I meant to flash my stash, but I never got around to it. I plan on flashing this year- probably just a couple of pics in the thread and then a link to the whole thing since I ended up with eighteen pics last year. I'm sure I'll end up with more this year! :lol

I'm yarndweeb on Rav. Here's the link to last year's stash if anyone's interested. http://www.ravelry.com/people/yarndweeb/stash/stash-3-10-11

Now, I know that I don't have a HUGE stash, but I'm new to this and we are on a budget so I don't get to buy yarn as much as I would like to. But I organized my stash today and took a pic. lol. And this doesn't include the 10 skeins I have for the ripple afghan or the 2 I have for my spiral lapghan. :D:crocheting

Awww... Look at the little stashlet! Keep a close eye on it; it'll multiply on you when you're not paying attention to it. :lol

WooHoo!! I finished out a skein of Grey, & White making these 2 hats!!

So if I understand correctly - I'm in the positives right?

So my Score would be

WTD; +4 YTD; +4?

Yup, for every skein used you get +2. For every skein purchased, -2.

For every ball used, +1. For every ball received, -1

BTW - CUTE HATS!

Ok so i really dont have much of a stash as i stated but it did start to grow this week with the buyin of 14 skeins of yarn. One for an elephant and panda bear im making for my youngest daughter, Harmony's 2 friends and the rest for the mystery afghan. so i have added 14 to my stash.

Not sure if it's reflected in your score, but remember, each whole unit (skein- or ball as some manufacturers call them), as it was originally packaged, counts as two points. So, adding fourteen skeins to your stash would look like this: 14 skeins x 2 points each= -28 points

For every whole skein you remove from your stash (use up, give away, or throw away- the horror!), you get to add two points to your score.

For every skein that you've partially used and rolled into a ball, you get one point.

For every ball you use, you get one point.

Clear as mud? :lol

I finished a scarf today. It matches the cap I finished on December 31 - RHSS Magenta and Petal Pink. But there is plenty of each skein left that I can't make a ball out of either one. So my score so far this week is still a big fat zero. I have started a UBW cap. Since you use two strands of yarn held together to make these I am using two skeins of RHSS Dress Blues. Two brand new skeins from my stash. So even if I finished this cap tomorrow my score will remain the big fat zero. Joann.com has all of their yarn at 30% off and free shipping for $50 or more order. It really has been tempting but so far I have resisted.

Welcome to my woman cave. :hook

So here's my stash of new skeins...

post-28075-135897724565_thumb.jpg

And all those drawers are mostly full of partials, but there are quite a few full ones...

post-28075-135897724569_thumb.jpg

And finally the ones that haven't even made it out of the bags! :lol

post-28075-135897724572_thumb.jpg

:turtle:vheart

[ATTACH]49828[/ATTACH]

And all those drawers are mostly full of partials, but there are quite a few full ones...

[ATTACH]49829[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]49830[/ATTACH]

Nice! I love the shelving units with the cloth bins!

I was having a really good week, and used up 7 points of yarn. Then my Knitting magazine came and I found an adorable christening gown to make for the county fair. So I went out and bought some nice white cotton, three skeins. So now I'm at a +1. Oh well.

:manyheart

[ATTACH]49828[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]49829[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]49830[/ATTACH]

Love it! Wish I had that much space to store yarn in!

Well, it's been a good day for points for me! My girls raided my stash & took 14 skeins! :cheer That turns my -8 into +20!!!!!! :yay I'm thrilled! That means yarn shopping, right?:devil

Okay, I need to go fix my score then. Personally I would have had it the opposite way, where if you bought some, your score went + and if you used it went -, since you'd be subtracting from your stash. So I need to fix mine since I finished up the shawl with all but like half a yard of yarn from 5 skeins used on it, not even enough for a ball or magic ball afghan piece.

But now I'm not going to be so confused :lol

Here are a few pics of my stash. My daughters were both looking for some yarn & I ended up dragging it all out so, while it was out, I reorganized it a bit & took a few pics. This isn't everything, but it's most of it. Not near as impressive as other members, but it's mine and I :manyheart it! The last pic shows one of my fur babies checking it all out. She thought I'd pulled it all out for her! Silly kitty!

post-20325-135897724589_thumb.jpg

post-20325-135897724593_thumb.jpg

post-20325-135897724596_thumb.jpg

post-20325-135897724599_thumb.jpg

Here are a few pics of my stash. My daughters were both looking for some yarn & I ended up dragging it all out so, while it was out, I reorganized it a bit & took a few pics. This isn't everything, but it's most of it. Not near as impressive as other members, but it's mine and I :manyheart it! The last pic shows one of my fur babies checking it all out. She thought I'd pulled it all out for her! Silly kitty!

And my hubby thinks I have a lot of yarn ... I only have one tote full. Granted, it's a very LARGE tote ...

I finished this today, but I didn't use up any skeins.

Very pretty!

I wish I could have open storage like that and be able to really see the yarn. Too much critter fur here!

Archived