2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We say that every year, then we meet up for some lunch and yarn shopping. One day maybe we will just stick to the lunch part. :lol

What's this "we"? I've never said I wasn't buying yarn...or forcing you to! :rofl

I'm not going to say no to yarn. It just isn't realistic. But I do hope to have a better place to put my yarn where it is more accessible, or at least some of it is. The goal is to look in my stash FIRST before going out and buying. And to only buy what is on sale..ok mostly buy only what is on sale :rofl

Shawl I finished last night

:rabbit vs. :turtle again this year?? :rofl

Shawl is beautiful! What's the yarn? I may need to buy some. :lol

Starting off the new year WONDERFUL everyone!!

I finished up the bobble Alphabet baby blanket! Used up 2 full skeins!

Very cute!!

At least you're honest about it, Sue. :lol :lol :lol

I've always said if you don't want the truth go talk to someone else. :lol

:turtle:vheart

I'm not going to say no to yarn. It just isn't realistic. But I do hope to have a better place to put my yarn where it is more accessible, or at least some of it is. The goal is to look in my stash FIRST before going out and buying. And to only buy what is on sale..ok mostly buy only what is on sale :rofl

Shawl I finished last night

That shawl is gorgeous! I love the colors. What yarn did you use?

2nd day of 2012 so maybe I should start thinking about cleaning up the explosion in my craft room that developed during the holidays.

My goal for this year is to at least finish up one UFO a month :blush which should bring my stash down a bit.

It's a goal.....not a promise :devil

Guess I better get working on that room :yes

Starting off the new year WONDERFUL everyone!!

I finished up the bobble Alphabet baby blanket! Used up 2 full skeins!

Absolutely gorgeous and a great idea....where did you get the pattern for this and doing up the letters? I'd love to make one like this at some point in the future :think

Absolutely gorgeous and a great idea....where did you get the pattern for this and doing up the letters? I'd love to make one like this at some point in the future :think

Thanks so much! It took me working on it off and on (worked on it at least 30 days) since the beginning of November to finish it up.

I found the pattern for it on Ravelry! Just happened to need to make the same name as the example on the pattern and chose similar colors too. :)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bobble-alphabet

It's a goal.....not a promise :devil

With that in mind....my goal is not to buy any yarn "unless" I need something specifically to finish a project. Having said that, I bought two skeins of yarn today. :blush But, they are for my Special Olympics scarves.

What's this "we"? I've never said I wasn't buying yarn...or forcing you to! :rofl

:rabbit vs. :turtle again this year?? :rofl

Shawl is beautiful! What's the yarn? I may need to buy some. :lol

Very cute!!

I've always said if you don't want the truth go talk to someone else. :lol

:turtle is in the lead...that said :rabbit bought 2 skeins today for chemo hats..not like I don't have any yarn around here to use already.... :lol:lol

Oh, I'll start this off right. Three words: Michael's gift card. 4 skeins. 2 days into the new year. Go :turtle:rofl yarn geek is my hero. :)

:rofl

That shawl is gorgeous! I love the colors. What yarn did you use?

My most favorite yarn... James C Brett Chunky Marble colors mc8 and MC3. They kinda compliment eachother..unless you know I think it would be hard to know where one stops and the other starts.

It looks so cozy and warm and pretty. As for the buy only whats on sale I think we all if we just have to buy yarn wish we could just buy what on sale. I don't think thats realistic but a great thing to shhot for.

:think It SOUNDS good :hook

So to help ME keep track... made 3 balls from the shawl, bought 2 skeins today.. so I'm -1. Going to go work on a baby scrap afghan that was leftovers from another baby afghan, and a chemo hat to bring to the cancer center tomorrow where my friend is in treatment

Used up a ball left over from the shawl making this hat making me back to an even 0 :hook

and yes, those are doggie feet from under the blanket..it is almost 11:30 and my little doggie thinks it's past bedtime..welll at least his :lol

post-35596-135897723469_thumb.jpg

Okay, I would like to throw my hat in on this one as well! :) Thank you!

Welcome to the group. If there's any questions, just ask and we will help you out.

:manyheart

Used up my first skein on my own design of a baby blanket. I started from a pattern, and then just did my own thing to it. And it's turning out pretty.

Used up a ball left over from the shawl making this hat making me back to an even 0 :hook

and yes, those are doggie feet from under the blanket..it is almost 11:30 and my little doggie thinks it's past bedtime..welll at least his :lol

That is a very pretty hat.

Since it's the beginning of a new year, I will be posting the scores for the first week. So please have your scores in by Midnight Saturday night so I can get this done.

Thank you.

Love the hat (and doggie feet!). What pattern is that??

Archived