2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are a member of Ravelry, they have lots of patterns to look through.

Also, There's Crochet Pattern Central, and all kinds of other spots for free patterns.

Good luck.

:manyheart

Oh I've got plenty of patterns, but which one to do first?! :):yay

*whistles and looks around innocently*

*notices the sig line: 2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: --38; YTD; -1152 (12/17/11)*

Um...that would be....576 skeins of yarn.....five hundred and seventy six....holy SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yarn_geek...may I say that you are my HERO!

*notices the sig line: 2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: --38; YTD; -1152 (12/17/11)*

Um...that would be....576 skeins of yarn.....five hundred and seventy six....holy SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yarn_geek...may I say that you are my HERO!

Oops! I forgot to update that; it's actually -1168 (584 skeins of yarn). :devil

Show Off!!!!! :hook

:D

I think she's going for shoot the moon for the year!

Yeah, I shoot the moon in 2010, and I'm probably at least 500 points behind/ahead of the next stashbuilder. So unless somebody goes on a huge yarn buying spree in the next week, I'll get it this year, too.:devil

I have some gift cards and cash just burning holes in my pockets. I see Joann has pounders on sale. I'm tempted to pick some up :lol And some other things too :D Just so I don't blast my score skyhigh by shopping after the start of the year :lol

you can add me to the list

sometimes its the only thing I post all week

You are on the list. Welcome back! :hug

This sounds like a lot of fun. Please count me in. This past year was terribly tight and I am hoping to make a lot of gifts in the new year. This year better work out for me, lol.

Welcome to the group! It's always good to see new people signing up.

Tell us more about the Friendship afghan.

We have a pretty good list going for those who are going to be in on the CAL for stashbusting in 2012. It's good to see returning people, as well as newbies to the group.

Let's all try to really bust some stash in 2012!

Best wishes to all who have signed up!

You can count me in for the new year. I was in it in 2011 but got busy with school and haven't done i much in the past few months. I think I will just wipe the slate clean and start anew in 2012. I really need to stashbust. I have have bag and boxes of yarn. I'm also working on two projects and have some more I need to start on.

Count me in!!!

I think I'd like to jump in this year. I've never joined because I was afraid I wouldn't be very good at keeping my tally :blush

But I find myself with a bunch of yarn that has already been specified for projects and several WIP's already started like 2 years ago :eek I want them done!

So we don't start with the point system prior to the 1st right? So I could go out now and pick up more :devil sounds great in theory, but it just wouldn't happen this week anyways :whew So that also means that we don't start counting what we use until the 1st. So if I have a project that I'm working on now and plan to have finished in the first week. Do I only count for what I actually USE from the 1st on, for instance, The skein in process would end up counting as a ball since half of it was used prior to January? Let me know if I got that right?

Archived