2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy! Just read the Michael's ad. A bunch of yarn is HALF PRICE! Now, that's hard to resist! Who's going shopping?

:manyheart

Happy New Year everyone!!

Way to start the year off right, both my boys are sick!

CLLinda, I'm NOT because I do not have a Michael's around me (unless you count my 5 year old. :lol)

I am working on two afghans. Just after midnight last night I used up a skein on on of them. It's a big granny square. I also thing I might be able to use up a yellow ww skein on my other one today.:yay:c9 Seems my year is getting off to a great :crocheting start. Patchwork granny with each color being 10 granny squares. I kinda am making both of these to use up yarn. I hope to bless a local charity with them.

Crocheting the day away! I am hoping to use up a skein or two today... we will see... Michaels is having a half off sale on almost all of their yarn and an additional coupon for $5 off of every $25 spent today and tomorrow... I WILL NOT go to town! I WILL NOT go to town!! I WILL NOT go to town!!! :blush

The scores for 2011 are posted now in the 2011 stashbusting thread. Check them out!

Good luck in the new year and the new thread.

I'm designing a baby afghan for the county fair. It's in August!

It's going pretty quickly and using the Vanna Baby in pink that I bought with a coupon and a great sale price. I hope to use about 4 or 5 skeins on this one.

Started on a shawl - actually used up two entire skeins already today. Which is a shocker. But then again, it uses trc so it uses a lot more yarn than my work usually does :lol

I used up two skeins already since midnight last night. I can't believe it.:yay I made 6 yellow granny squares for one of my afghans I'm making. Started on number 7 and got all but one side done and skein ran out. Plan to make 10 squares of each color yellow,green,pink,purple, and if I have any blue. I plan to bless a local charity with it.

Yahoo:yay it is the New Year. My scores for the New Year are WTD: 0 YTD: 0. I really like that YTD score for this year as I ended the old year with a YTD score of -45. I am working on a scarf to go with the cap I finished the other day (December 31). They will go to my church's clothes closet next December though. Between now and then I hope to make a whole lot more caps and scarves. And use up yarn in my stash and not buy any no matter how much I want to. Let's see if I can stick to that "not buying.":shrug

My goal is to use up some of this scrap!! I can't say I'm not going to buy yarn this year cause I'd just be lying! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

We say that every year, then we meet up for some lunch and yarn shopping. One day maybe we will just stick to the lunch part. :lol

Happy New Year everyone :yay

We had a wonderful couple days of hanging out with friends. I made some good progress on my graph ghan and plan to have it finished this week. I'm on the home stretch now since I just have a very little piece of the design left and the rest will be solid black until I reach the border, which I'm still thinking about but know it will be simple since it's for a guy :yes

I'm also thinking I have a bridal shower in March and the wedding in April. So any suggestions on a great afghan or something I can do for the bridal shower????? Which means....yep, you guessed it.....I'll have to buy yarn already :rofl

Yarn geek - I like the way you think, finding loop holes like that :h5

Krazycrocheter - I LOVE seeing everyone's pics and I also love sharing mine as well :yes

Jessica - I hope your boys are feeling better :hug

WTG on the yarn usage already Krazycrocheter, Ravenaier, and Vanessa :clap

I hope you and your families have a wonderful, safe, and healthy 2012 :ghug

I'm not going to say no to yarn. It just isn't realistic. But I do hope to have a better place to put my yarn where it is more accessible, or at least some of it is. The goal is to look in my stash FIRST before going out and buying. And to only buy what is on sale..ok mostly buy only what is on sale :rofl

Shawl I finished last night

post-35596-135897722924_thumb.jpg

I'm not going to say no to yarn. It just isn't realistic. But I do hope to have a better place to put my yarn where it is more accessible, or at least some of it is. The goal is to look in my stash FIRST before going out and buying. And to only buy what is on sale..ok mostly buy only what is on sale :rofl

Beautiful!!! It's so soft and cozy looking that I wish I could wrap up in it right now :wink:manyheart

It looks so cozy and warm and pretty. As for the buy only whats on sale I think we all if we just have to buy yarn wish we could just buy what on sale. I don't think thats realistic but a great thing to shhot for.

Archived