2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter has a friend who has found out she's pregnant. Will be looking to make her a blanket. Maybe I'll have to go get more yarn, if I don't have enough of one color.

:manyheart

Well, I just had 15 skeins of yarn arrive on my porch (thank you UPS)! But, it was bought & paid for "before" the end of the year...so it doesn't count against me! :clap

I guess that's ok. :h5 CLLinda Hope you have enough yarn. Congrats on the pregnancy to your daughters friend.

Since it's the beginning of a new year, I will be posting the scores for the first week. So please have your scores in by Midnight Saturday night so I can get this done.

Thank you.

:manyheart

CLLinda, is there a specific place we send in our scores? :think Or does the person keeping track have to go through all the posts and record the siggy line? :) Thank you!!

CLLinda, is there a specific place we send in our scores? :think Or does the person keeping track have to go through all the posts and record the siggy line? :) Thank you!!

I'm not Linda, but I can answer your question. You post your score directly to this thread, and yes, the person tracking the scores has to go through all the posts. However, to make it easier on the list maker, we make our scores big and colorful- something like this:

WTD: +4; YTD: -18

(The instructions are also in the first post of this thread.)

Also, you only have to post your YTD score at the end of the month, but some people like to post it every week.

Hope this helps!:)

I have you beat.. have 4 tubs and several little boxes of yarn. :eek

I really need to stop.

Help Me!!!

:rofl:lol:think:think:eek:eek:eek:eek

If you only knew... talk to some of us..yarn geek especially, but I can't say much myself. Check out last years scores... those minus numbers?? they equate a skein of yarn for every -2...I was -596.... that is ALMOST 300 skeins of yarn :lol:think:eek:eek:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

We aren't ever sure in this CAL who are the winners or losers..so we figure we are all winners!:crocheting:crocheting

Only 4 tubs LOL I have 10 tubs full of yarn!!! I am determined not to buy until I'm down to at least 5 tubs....we'll see how long my resolve lasts :hook

Am I the only one who has a yarn closet? :blush:devil

Love the hat (and doggie feet!). What pattern is that??

:turtle:vheart

Beautiful cap. Love the colors. Where did you find the pattern for the cap? Smart doggie.:yes He knows when its his bedtime. Can't tell me animals are dumb. I've seen 'em do too many smart things. Hope to finish my scarf today. I am crocheting away but not using up enough yarn to count. :bang Oh well. :shrug

The Divine hat is a great pattern! 1/2 way through another one. http://www.rheatheylia.com/index.php?page=patterns&id=10 is the pattern

Used up a ball left over from the shawl making this hat making me back to an even 0 :hook

and yes, those are doggie feet from under the blanket..it is almost 11:30 and my little doggie thinks it's past bedtime..welll at least his :lol

I was doing great! I was at 0, bought 2 skeins and already made one into a ball with plans on putting on a scrap ghan tonight. When at the cancer center today to be with a friend in Chemo she gave me 5 skeins..rhss...ugh :lol So I made another hat with some of that. I had brought 3 hats, made one while there (the ball above) and another ubw hat. By the time I left there was only one hat left of the 5..It was so cool!!

all that said I am now at -9... I wanted to be in the + for this week or at least even..I have a bunch of hooking to do to do that!! :lol:lol

My granddaughter has requested a scarf, not that we use them very often in south Florida, but of course I can't say no. So we went to Joanns last night and she picked Red Heart Kids, I think the color is called Playful, it's a fun variegated yarn. I purchased 2 skeins, so that is a -4 for my score.

Well, I just had 15 skeins of yarn arrive on my porch (thank you UPS)! But, it was bought & paid for "before" the end of the year...so it doesn't count against me! :clap

It's my understanding that if counts when it's received, not when it's ordered. Linda will have to be the judge on this. :think

I have a "woman cave". :devil

:turtle:vheart

One skein used on the flannelghan. Another one should bite the dust tonight :cheer

I have a yarn dresser in the spare room. Then the toy room, well, we just won't talk too much about that. There is more yarn for grandma in this room than there are toys for the grands. I know..pretty sad ;)

I'm not Linda, but I can answer your question. You post your score directly to this thread, and yes, the person tracking the scores has to go through all the posts. However, to make it easier on the list maker, we make our scores big and colorful- something like this:

WTD: +4; YTD: -18

(The instructions are also in the first post of this thread.)

Also, you only have to post your YTD score at the end of the month, but some people like to post it every week.

Hope this helps!:)

:hug Yes, this does help, :ty

I'm new, :devil if you couldn't tell... :lol should I also put a title in, something that says it's my score for the week? I just want to make it as easy as I can... :wink

Thanks again!! :manyheart

No, you're not! Mine is a really small closet (1925 house) where the clothes bar runs front to back instead of side to side. I added shelves. But unfortunately it doesn't begin to hold all my yarn!

So my crocheting stash. Well I don't really know how much yarn I have. Ok my great-grandmother (granny) crocheted, my grandma (nana) crochets, my cousin (Tori) crochetes, and I crochet. It's like all the yarn is all of ours and it's all over the place. So we have my bag of yarn and projects it's with me. My nana also has a bag of yarn, she doesn't crochet much any more though. My cousin doesn't have a bag yet, she is only 12 and hasn't been crocheting long. So I basically have two bags of yarn ok. We also have a big clear tote full of yarn. Other than that there is tons of yarn stuuffed every where. Some in the side pockets of chairs, some under various beds, some stuck in Wal-Mart sacks just thrown around. So no definate place for it. Just a whole bunch of yarn all over 3 houses in allmost every room. I say 3 houses because my nana is staying at her moms house my granny's house to get everything in order. She passed away in early 2011. So Thats my Stash.

:(I dont even have a box yet hehe

Don't worry, that will change soon enough :yes:devil

The Divine hat is a great pattern! 1/2 way through another one. http://www.rheatheylia.com/index.php?page=patterns&id=10 is the pattern

Thanks for sharing this pattern :hug

So my crocheting stash. Well I don't really know how much yarn I have. Ok my great-grandmother (granny) crocheted, my grandma (nana) crochets, my cousin (Tori) crochetes, and I crochet. It's like all the yarn is all of ours and it's all over the place. So we have my bag of yarn and projects it's with me. My nana also has a bag of yarn, she doesn't crochet much any more though. My cousin doesn't have a bag yet, she is only 12 and hasn't been crocheting long. So I basically have two bags of yarn ok. We also have a big clear tote full of yarn. Other than that there is tons of yarn stuuffed every where. Some in the side pockets of chairs, some under various beds, some stuck in Wal-Mart sacks just thrown around. So no definate place for it. Just a whole bunch of yarn all over 3 houses in allmost every room. I say 3 houses because my nana is staying at her moms house my granny's house to get everything in order. She passed away in early 2011. So Thats my Stash.

Oh boy, I had to put my thinking cap on for this :lol

Archived