2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to our local yarn shop to buy a Christmas present for a friend. She's been on a really strict budget for a long time; I don't know WHEN the last time she's splurged for herself on a really nice "snob yarn" would be.

So it was the first time I've been in there for a long time letting myself browse the yarn. With no real mental limits in place.

And for some reason they had a box full of Knitpicks and Lion Brand and other yarns (which they don't normally carry!) for $2 a skein. I got 8 balls of Lion Suede. I loved Lion Suede! And then a pair for socks for my little boy, and then THREE skeins for my friend... I couldn't decide!

So yeah... my new score is

wtd -24, ytd -25

I was so sure I wasn't going to buy more yarn before the end of the year! Oh well.... :shrug:shop:D

This week score is the same as it has been the last several weeks even though I have been doing more crocheting. I am just not using enough yarn to count. Here goes:

WTD:+0

Next week there will be a change in my score. Whether its a good or bad change depends on how you look at it.:think You see I ordered some yarn from Joann.com this week and it should be here next week. Luckily I just ordered 6 skeins. But they are Caron's One Pounders which means it will take a long time to use them up. It looks like I am going to end 2012 with a larger negative balance than I ended 2011 with. Oh well.:shrug

I'm posting my score for the week now and as reigning Shoot The Moon queen or astronaut, I'll be back tomorrow to post the weekly scores. I'll probably post scores in the afternoon since I need to be at church at about 7:30 a.m. to watch DGS while DD helps with DGD's Christmas music program. I finished up a couple of shawls I was working on for Christmas so I made up the 2 points for the skein that came home with me the other day.

wtd +9, ytd 0

I finished up a WIP (a scarf using "fancy schmancy" yarn so very small skeins) which used up 3 skeins, plus I wound two skeins to balls and used up a ball... very happy!! :lol My score for...

Week ending 12/8/12

WTD +9 / YTD +43

And a tie for the Gold Medal Winner!!

crabby rat +9

cshort +9

Tie for silver!

Frloplady +6

PBLKNP +6

And the Bronze winner!

prettywoman030981 +4

pineknott +3

lahasaapsolady +2

Holding steady!

saffronangel

BigPinkPolkaDot

greyhoundgrandma

tnkycrochetnut

Yummy new yarn!

Ellie 13 -1

dragonpuck -19

vikingrunnergirl -24

ddc -32

Braxxi -44

And the shoot the moon winner!!

Yarn Geek -48

I didn't get to post the last 3 weeks, but my score was 0. Yesterday, I went to Boston to have lunch with my parents. Before lunch, I went to Michael's and got red and white :yarn (-4), but couldn't find the right green. I went to another Michael's on the way home (still no green). On the trip to/from Boston I :crocheting wreath pins. I used up 2 small balls of green (+2), hope I have enough pins until I can get more green. I made a wreath for my door with RH Fiesta - light sage and rolled the skein down (+1). So I'm starting out negative this week (hope I don't "shoot the moon" :lol).

WTD: - 1 YTD: + 97

Ellie 13

I didn't get to post the last 3 weeks, but my score was 0. Yesterday, I went to Boston to have lunch with my parents. Before lunch, I went to Michael's and got red and white :yarn (-4), but couldn't find the right green. I went to another Michael's on the way home (still no green). On the trip to/from Boston I :crocheting wreath pins. I used up 2 small balls of green (+2), hope I have enough pins until I can get more green. I made a wreath for my door with RH Fiesta - light sage and rolled the skein down (+1). So I'm starting out negative this week (hope I don't "shoot the moon" :lol).

WTD: - 1 YTD: + 97

Ellie 13

if its hunter green you are looking for,its hard to find in Va.also,have been looking for it since before Thanksgiving,not at Michael's or area Walmarts

It's the end of the year crunch time to get a good score for the last time in 2012! Good luck to everyone and I hope you all finish strong.

Chemo is starting on Wednesday. It's going to be a long year in 2013.

I'll try to come back when I can. But good luck to everyone, for the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013!

:manyheart

It's the end of the year crunch time to get a good score for the last time in 2012! Good luck to everyone and I hope you all finish strong.

Chemo is starting on Wednesday. It's going to be a long year in 2013.

I'll try to come back when I can. But good luck to everyone, for the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013!

:manyheart

:hug:ghug:manyheart:ghug:hug

Archived