2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Here are my totals for the week...I will try to get the scores done before noon tomorrow.

WTD +4

YTD -646

Also wanted to give everyone a heads up that I'm going shopping on Tuesday! Not promising anything though :devil

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it when I close without saving the post! In my defense, the doc gave me a shot yesterday that gave me insomnia, and I'm fading fast tonight. My co-worker may have to wake me up to close the library at 11:00.

WTD: -1

The rest of you can probably shop fearlessly the next couple of weeks. I'm waiting on four, yes four, Joann orders. They need to stop handing out those no minimum free shipping codes and putting their yarn on sale. But it's Christmas, right? I'm adding some staple colors I use all the time and a bunch of new ones. This is, I admit, not exactly in the spirit of the CAL, but it sure is fun! :devil

HAPPY DECEMBER!!!

GOLD MEDAL ~~ Dragonpuck +15

SILVER MEDAL ~~ Crabby Rat +9

BRONZE MEDAL ~~ pineknott +5

Braxxi +4

yarn geek +4

greyhoundgrandma +3

BigPinkPolkaDot +0

prettywoman030981 +0

tnkycrochetnut +0

ddc -1

SHOOT THE MOON ~~ cshort -6

Everyone go buy yarn before the year ends...clean slate coming up with the new year!!! :clap:devil:clap:devil:clap:devil:clap

Well, cshort, as I said, just wait. I have four Joann orders in the mail. Two at least will arrive this week maybe the third, and I FINALLY found RHSS Wildflower at Walmart last night. About 20 minutes officially into Sunday I was already at -8, and doing mostly smallish things that won't give me much in the way of offsetting positive scores. I'm probably on my way to the moon!

Lots of shopping this week!

Way to Bust that Stash!

dragonpuck +11 Gold Medal Winner!!!

pineknott +11 Gold Medal Winner!!!

greyhoundgrandma +4 Silver Medal Winner!!!

prettywoman030981 +4 Silver Medal Winner!!!

Holding Steady!

BigPinkPolkaDot 0 Bronze Medal Winner!!!

crabby rat 0 Bronze Medal Winner!!!

cshort 0 Bronze Medal Winner!!!

saffronangel 0 Bronze Medal Winner!!!

tnkycrochetnut 0 Bronze Medal Winner!!!

More Yarn!

ddc -3

Addicted2patterns -10

lhasaapsolady -16

FrLopLady -20

yarn_geek -30

PBLKNP -33

Braxxi -66 Shoot the Moon Winner!!! -Tag, you're it. :devil

As usual, if I made a mistake or forgot anyone, let me know, and I'll fix it.

I worked a lot of hours and didn't get here to post. The library closed early Wed. the 21st and didn't open again until Fri. afternoon the 23rd. You don't need to change anything as I didn't do much :crocheting the last 2 weeks and no :yarn used (6 way tie :lol). My family didn't get together for Thanks Giving, we did a pot-luck at my sister's on the 24th instead. I did a little :crocheting on the way to/from N.H., that's about all I did for 2 weeks. Now that things have calmed down a bit at the market, I might get some :crocheting done. With Christmas coming, it'll be crazy again in a few weeks. I'll try to get here more often.

Ellie 13

Well, cshort, as I said, just wait. I have four Joann orders in the mail. Two at least will arrive this week maybe the third, and I FINALLY found RHSS Wildflower at Walmart last night. About 20 minutes officially into Sunday I was already at -8, and doing mostly smallish things that won't give me much in the way of offsetting positive scores. I'm probably on my way to the moon!

Hmmmm in that case I might have to do some :shop:shop:shop ing this week :lol

I finished the afghan I've been working on which gave me a score of +9. but..... I went to walmart today and as I passed the yarn aisle this ill-mannered skein of yarn jumped into my cart and refused to get out:grump. So now I'm at +7 but I still have a couple days to try and make it up:crocheting.

Nothing like giving yarn away!! My son needed 2 skeins of yarn to make a scarf on the knitting loom I bought. His father's family is doing handmade gifts this year and he wanted to knit or crochet something. I tried to teach him crochet and he just couldn't get it, so I bought a knitting loom (Martha Stewart/Lion Brand Yarn brand) and he's doing good on that!

So I'm at a +4 for the week. I'm also using parts of the loom(it has several parts that you put together to make different sizes and types of looms) to make a hat. I had to learn how to use the loom so I cold teach my son and I need a new winter hat for if it ever gets cold here (78 degrees here today). I should have more usage by the weekend!!

I'm putting in my totals now, so that I don't forget over the weekend (Christmas party).

I managed to make headway on both my hoodie and the grannie shawl, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +6 YTD -34

:c9:crocheting

Archived