2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

:lol I bought yarn today, and I don't have to count it!! :nahnah:neener I bought one skein for my son to use, so I got all the pleasure of a yarny purchase and no guilt for adding to my score! :cheer:rofl:devil

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won again! Sort of....

It was bad timing for score keeping. I don't have internet at home and today is my last day at work until Jan 2 :clap

Could someone volunteer to post the scores next week? I'll owe you a score posting next year.

I also won't be able to post my year end total. It will be in my signature is whoever posts those thinks of it. If not, it's not exactly in medal territory anyway, is it? I'll be using a lot of yarn while I'm off, but not that much! I can update it when I get back, or maybe just delete it and pretend it never happened :lol

Thanks, greyhoundgrandma! I'll think of you kindly next Sunday and have a Christmas brownie and cup of tea in your honor!

Have a great holiday, everyone!

:wreath

I finished up a skein on the border of a throw. If I'm lucky it will take another one to finish it. +2

Wed. p.m.: I finished up DIL's afghan except for weaving in the ends (lots of them) and used up another skein. +4

Nothing else I have to get finished before Christmas, thank goodness!

...I bought 2 more skeins Tuesday, this time for me... and haven't used up any yet this week... LOL I also won 3 skeins from a contest online, but since they haven't arrived yet I don't have to count them yet... yet being the operative word there, of course. LOL

So I went to Bi-mart a local chain and they have rhss at a good price even not on sale ($2.57) and I wanted to make a blanket and you know it easier to buy than to look through stash... :rolleyes

5 skeins there. I have used up 1 skein on a hat and rolled 2 balls on other hats. -7so far this week

I'm putting in my totals now, as I know we're going to be busy with last-minute Christmas tasks...

I've been knitting and crocheting away, but I did have to get some extra yarn for the hoodie I'm making, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -4 YTD -30

:blush :blush :blush

I finished all the Christmas stockings :cheer. I got a small skein of green last week (-2). I used up the green skein, a ball of red and some 2 to 4 ft. pieces of white, enough to call a small ball (+4) :clap. My friend paid me $5 each for the stockings ($40 = more :yarn:lol). Where do I sign up for next year :think?

WTD: + 2 YTD: +102

Ellie 13

:wreath Happy Holidays! :santa

All I have to report is the two skeins I bought earlier this week; I was hoping to use them up on the trip to Indianapolis we made yesterday, and while I did make some headway, I didn't use up enough to count them yet... so... my score for

week ending 12/22/2012

WTD -4 / YTD +43

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

:2snowman

:manyheart:ctree:wreath

:grinch:gift:2snowman

:2snowman

Gold Medal Winner: Braxxi +26

Silver Medal Winner: dragonpuck +7

Bronze Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +4]

Using up stash:

cshort +3

Ellie 13 +2

Holding steady:

pineknott

BigPinkPolkaDot

yarn geek

tnkycrochet

Shoot the Moon Winners:

PBLKNP -4

crabby rat -4

Congratulations to our winners.:yay But I must say "Shoot The Moon" winners won with a -4. In all the years I have been crocheting:crocheting I don't ever remember buying just two skeins of yarn.:shrug I guess with me its all or nothing.:shrug

Archived