2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, I'm wishing you all the best. You will get through it - just do it a day at a time. That's a platitude, but still true.

Ok. everyone has permission to go shopping. I'm obviously shooting for the outer solar system. The last JA orders arrived. I hadn't actually counted, and, um, it's a lot of little skeins that were on sale. A LOT of little skeins that were on sale. So the week to date for me is (pulls paper bag over head): -82. I could wipe out a bunch of those, but unfortunately, I'm working on some other things that need to be finished up. They included two or three wonderful new-to-me colors. I can't wait to get to play with them. :D

Ah well, I'll do better next year! :lol

Linda, I'm wishing you all the best. You will get through it - just do it a day at a time. That's a platitude, but still true.

Ok. everyone has permission to go shopping. I'm obviously shooting for the outer solar system. The last JA orders arrived. I hadn't actually counted, and, um, it's a lot of little skeins that were on sale. A LOT of little skeins that were on sale. So the week to date for me is (pulls paper bag over head) : -82. I could wipe out a bunch of those, but unfortunately, I'm working on some other things that need to be finished up. They included two or three wonderful new-to-me colors. I can't wait to get to play with them. :D

I'm proud of you.... :lol:lol and happy :hook:crocheting

Ok. everyone has permission to go shopping. I'm obviously shooting for the outer solar system. The last JA orders arrived. I hadn't actually counted, and, um, it's a lot of little skeins that were on sale. A LOT of little skeins that were on sale. So the week to date for me is (pulls paper bag over head): -82. I could wipe out a bunch of those, but unfortunately, I'm working on some other things that need to be finished up. They included two or three wonderful new-to-me colors. I can't wait to get to play with them. :D

Have fun playing with all that new yarn.

Used up a ball making Victorian texting gloves (fingerless gloves). I had just enough of a beautiful burgundy color and decided this was perfect for my gloves!

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1355378434.jpg

Those are very pretty fingerless gloves.

I was sooooo good on Monday I went to AC Moore and JoAnn and didn't buy any yarn. But....yesterday I was at Walmart and a skein of baby yarn found its way into my cart and then I passed the clearance area and 3 more skeins jumped into my cart. So right now I'm at -8.

I was expecting my order from Joann.com to arrive tomorrow. But when we got home today from getting my hair cut there it was. Six beautiful skeins of Caron One Pounders - 2 Royal Blue, 2 Red, and 2 White. My plan for them is to make some patriotic lapghans. Probably not anytime soon but sometime next year. Here is my first New Year's resolution for 2013 - I will not buy any yarn in 2013 or at least I will wait until November/December 2013 before buying any. We will see. Let's see with my new yarn my count for this week so far is -12.

tnkycrochetnut - I absolutely have to join you in that resolve. I'm ended the year with more yarn than I started with. The One Pound royal blue is a nice color. Yesterday I finished a round ripple with that, kelly green, iris, and white.

Those are really pretty gloves. I love the shell edging.

I used up some dark orchid in a lapghan. So now only -80!

bought 4 skeins, but use up one of those already. Made another hat that used up a complete skein and another rolled into a ball. -3..edit -1! I had to go back and see if I had counted the skein from a hat I didn't finish until Monday

working on another hat tonight!

made a hat in the middle of the night (darn allergy meds anyway) that took up 2 skeins.

Finished a hat that used up one more. Used up another skein on a hat and cowl. +8. And the morning is still young in the nw!

I was asked if I made Christmas stockings, so I got out 4 I had left from last year. My friend took them, but she needs 8. She wants 2 more with red/white stripes, 1 red/green stripes and 1 with green/white stripes. I had red and white I got last week, but I needed green, so she "borrowed" a ball of green from her grandma. I used the green, the white and rolled the red skein down (+4). I got 3 stockings done :cheer. Maybe I can get her to "borrow" some more green :lol. I'm going to Michael's later, so I'll look for Fun Yarn (1.75 oz. skeins) in green.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 100 :woo triple digits!

Ellie 13

I used up a ball, wound a ball into a skein, and finished off a skein this week! And no new yarn has followed me home from anywhere... so... for

Week Ending 12/15/12

WTD +4 / YTD +47

:hug:manyheart

There was some serious shopping going on this week! :lol

Way to Bust that Stash!

Braxxi +38 Gold Medal Winner!!!

Frloplady +8 Silver Medal Winner!!!

dragonpuck +7 Bronze Medal Winner!!!

crabby rat +4

Ellie 13 +3

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

prettywoman030981 +1

Holding Steady!

pineknott 0

More Yarn!

cshort -6

tnkycrochetnut -12

yarn_geek -20

greyhoundgrandma -30

ddc -78 Shoot the Moon Winner!!! -Tag, you're it! :devil

As usual, let me know if I made any mistakes or forgot anyone, and I'll fix it!

Archived