2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

'Ello, all! I managed to use up a skein this week, and while I was at it, I also used up a ball! So a +3 for me....

WTD +3 / YTD + 27

week ending 11/10/12

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't finish any skeins this week. I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year and have put crocheting on the back burner for a month. Unfortunately, I haven't stopped buying yarn, though... :devil

WTD: -8

I have to work tomorrow, so I won't be able to post scores until mid-afternoonish.

I feel you on the NaNoWriMo I'm doing it too. working on my novel instead of busting my stash. but maybe sometime today i can do a few stitches in between words.

Lots of shopping this week! :devil

Way to Bust That Stash!

Braxxi +13 Gold Medal Winner!!!

prettywoman030981 +8 Silver Medal Winner!!!

dragonpuck +6 Bronze Medal Winner!!!

crabby rat +3

Holding Steady!

pineknott 0

saffronangel 0

tnkycrochetnut 0

More Yarn!

cshort -2

ddc -3

greyhoundgrandma -5

yarn_geek -8

BigPinkPolkaDot -9

Addicted2patterns -24

FrLpLady -29 Shoot the Moon Winner!!! - Tag, you're it!:devil

As usual, if I missed anybody or made any mistakes, let me know and I'll fix it. :)

This week (and maybe next) will probably be a yarn buying week for me. I've compiled a wish list for the rest of the year and I may be able to get some of it at the Michael's sale this week since I'll be out that direction anyway. The plan is to just go down in flames this year, then, when I've picked up the wish list, it's cold turkey for next year. Actually it's what I did last year. I bought hardly any yarn, a random skein here and there for specific projects until mid-summer, then I found a couple of great clearance sales and the discipline totally crumbled. Still, had I started this is January instead of mid-July, I would probably have a positive year score, though a small one. Infamy through bad planning :lol

My wish list: A couple newish Pound of Love colors, two color of One Pound I've never had and second skeins of 5 others, 2 or three RHSS I've not had before and, 5 skeins of RH Classic (various purples) if Joann.com has it on sale again, an extra RHSS gold and lemon, and RHSS black and white with all the 40% Joann coupons between now and the end of the year. I'm almost out of them and use them a lot. I won't be able to offset that much so I'll be even deeper in the hole for 2012, but that's the plan! :devil

:hi Hadn't been on here in a while. Hadn't actually crocheted untill Sunday night. I started a scarf for one of the charities. Gonna make some other stuff with left over yarn. I'll see in the next few days if I use up any yarn. I will tell you know In the next week or so I'm gonna be buying some thread for ornament gifts. So hopefully It'll balance out. Well off to :crocheting:hug to all

Aww--- what beautiful silvery gray fur. I want to bury my fingers in it. Congrats on your big win.

Ok. I bought 15 skeins, for a -30, but I have no idea where this is going to end up. I got Vanna's Choice for 1.49, so I got three skeins for a hat/scarf I have to make. I haven't used that brand before, and when I made the scarf actually didn't much like it. If I can do the hat with one, I'll return the third in the next day or two. Also, I got 4 skeins of their Country Loom, but can't decide if the person I'm making the project for will like it, so I may return that. I rarely return things, and even more rarely yarn :eek but if these are unused, I don't want them hanging around in the stash. Also some RHSS and One Pound for the filling in the holes plan.

I need to finish all three hats and scarves by next Tuesday, so I'm working on that. It won't use up much.

Well... I made my first yarn purchase of 2012 yesterday... 2 skeins of yarn for a scoody I want to make. Hope it's enough! LOL Used up a ball yesterday, and I'm hoping to use up enough to even out by the weekend... Wish me luck! :hug

I looked at the marked down shelf at wal-mart today. I left a lot there, but 3 skeins of cotton came home with me--couldn't resist 75 cents apiece. I'm making Christmas dishcloths from a cone this week, so that's not helping my score any. -3 now for the week.

I finished the hat without breaking into the third skein, barely, so I'll be returning 5 skeins. That, with what I've used, puts me at -16 for the week so far.

First this YEAR! That's an awesome way-to-go on stashbusting. I think I deserve a purple heart when I go six weeks without buying anything!

6 weeks? 6 days!!

:bow:fame:lol Thanks!! I was planning to go the entire year without any purchases... and then... I ran across a pattern that I am pretty sure a friend of mine will really like, and her favorite color is purple, and I don't have much purple left at all... and Christmas is coming up... But I did check my stash first!!! :devil:manyheart

:bow:fame:lol Thanks!! I was planning to go the entire year without any purchases... and then... I ran across a pattern that I am pretty sure a friend of mine will really like, and her favorite color is purple, and I don't have much purple left at all... and Christmas is coming up... But I did check my stash first!!! :devil:manyheart

I am in total awe.... and very impressed! I am finding my biggest problem is my stash is to big and scattered between the house and barn that I don't even know what yarn I have to use. I have a pattern I want to make and don't know if I have the yarn to do it and if I knew what I already had I bet I have the yarn to do it :lol

Archived