2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Okay, going to attempt to do this via the iPad...congrats to the winners!!!

:cheer:clap:c9

Gold Medal Winner = dragonpuck +13

Silver Medal Winner = Yarn_geek +6

Bronze Medal Winner = prettywoman030981 +5

Stash-Busting!!!

jollyrancher418 +4

crabby rat +3

unicorn37757 +2

Staying the Course!

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

cshort 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

PBLKNP 0

pineknott 0

tinycrochetnut 0

Oops, I did it again!!!

Ellie 13 -1

FrLopLady -4

SHOOT THE MOON!!! ddc -7

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

leaving tomorrow for 10 days going to Wichita, KS for http://www.heartland2012.com/ the American Rabbit Breeders Assoc annual Convention.

If you are on facebook and care to follow my travels with my fellow CW Rabbiteers we have a page by that name (CW Rabbiteers). and CW stands for....

Crazy Women!!

Mary--Good luck with all those rabbits! Have fun!

Linda--Prayers going out for your surgery and quick recovery.

I'm going into the fourth week with no crocheting---at the trying to catch up with everything and too tired to crochet stage now. Hope to be back to working on Christmas presents soon.

This is the last week of the month, so we'll be posting YTD scores along with the usual WTD this week.

Used up a skein making a doily with yarn instead of thread. I love how it came out!

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1350948481.jpg

Very pretty! That looks like it might be a good size for a doll afghan.

Finally! A week that's going to come in with a positive score! I figured it out - just give it to Goodwill! :lol

I have started several patterns with RH Classic Wedgewood, and hated all of them. I frogged the last attempt and dumped the new and what wasn't crocheted to death in a Goodwill box, the rest in the trash. Good-by and good riddance! The colors in it are very nice, but I just don't like variegated with darks and white. They come out just looking like a splotchy mess to me. So five skeins out of the stash for +10. Two balls back into the stash that I had counted in that project (-2), but finished a ball today in another project (+1).

So, so far, +9! I hope to use up a little more before the end of the week as well.

Trying to be patient and take it easy, but I'm tired of being tired! Finished a pot holder, but no yarn used up. My projects just aren't calling louder than my book and the couch!

Reminder: Please post WTD and YTD scores this week. I'll be posting the YTD scores after the WTD ones are posted on Sunday.

Trying to be patient and take it easy, but I'm tired of being tired! Finished a pot holder, but no yarn used up. My projects just aren't calling louder than my book and the couch!

Reminder: Please post WTD and YTD scores this week. I'll be posting the YTD scores after the WTD ones are posted on Sunday.

Me neither. Doing several projects at a time so haven't been able to use up anything yet :/

I started a couple of new round ripples, so only bits so far on those, and on one of them, I backtracked and changed out a color. So I haven't accomplished anything more for here either.

greyhoundgrandma - get some rest. Sometimes nothing beats a book.

I'm putting in my totals NOW so that I don't get sidetracked, preparing for the upcoming storm and all...

I managed to use up a skein this week, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD -11

:c9 :clap:manyheart

Me neither. Doing several projects at a time so haven't been able to use up anything yet :/

Added you to the list. Welcome to the group!

:manyheart

I just looked at my project bags and I'm not very close to finishing off any skeins. Besides, I need to get my potted plants moved inside this afternoon since it's going to be in the 30's tonight. So I again have the same score for the fourth week...

WTD 0 / YTD -86

Linda--good to see you on line; hope you are having a fast recovery!

Again, not much crocheting. We are right in the path of this storm, so we're cleaning up, tying down and packing in. My husband's off for a bottled water run and we've gathered the wood, the matches, the kerosene lamps, flashlights, batteries, camp stove and propane. We still need a cell phone charger for the car and I'm making some treats because our oven is electric as well. They'll be here if/when we lose power. I've heard reports to be prepared for no power for seven to ten days. I think my husband and I will be okay, but pray that our teenagers will keep their cool and not go absolutely bonkers! LOL

Blessings everyone. Take care, be safe and know that God will bring good out of bad.

For week ending Oct. 27, 2012:

WTD: 0 / YTD: +10

I had to wait till the mail came to post my score

I worked hard on busting the stash this week,because someone was sending 5 skeins of wool,it came today, score went from +17 to + 7 wtd +7 ytd +429

Used up a skein making a doily with yarn instead of thread. I love how it came out!

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1350948481.jpg

Love it! I made a small doily pattern in yarn, then worked it into a square. Some doilies make nice squares for afghans.

This week I used 2 balls and rolled a skein down (+3) :cheer. I only need 6 more squares for the afghan. I hope I don't need more :yarn.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 96

Ellie 13

Archived