ddc 0

dragonpuck 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

pineknott 0

saffronangel 0

walker1021 0

More Yarn!!

Izabelka -10 Shoot the Moon Winner!!! -Tag. You're it!:devil

If I missed anyone or made any mistakes, let me know and I'll fix it. :)

Due to my son's accident (falling out of a tree) and my own possibility of breast cancer, I am looking for someone to take over the scorekeeping for the year of 2013.

It involves setting up the new thread (Beginning of January), keeping up with the new people who join during the year (name page)and then doing the once a month YTD scores.

Please let me know if you are willing to help me out.

Thank you in advance.

:manyheart

Is there any interest at all to keep this group going next year?

Is there any interest at all to keep this group going next year?

I'm sure interest will pick up as the weather gets colder and Christmas gets closer. ;) I've been toying with the idea of taking next year off, but I can take over if no one else is interested. However, I work every other weekend and tend to sleep in on my weekends off, so YTD scores would be posted in the afternoon or evening.

:faint I forgot to post my score yesterday. So sorry. But since last Wednesday this has been a very sad week for my DH and I. On Wednesday I had two medical appointments. We left the house around 7:30 and did not get back home until a little after 12 noon. We were sitting at the table tired, before fixing our lunch, when phone rang. It was our church's secretary with the very sad news that our pastor had a massive heart attack and died Tuesday evening. He was not only our pastor but a good friend. My husband and him had been co-workers years ago. Even after they were working in separate departments they still remained friends. They would have lunch together quite often through the years. When we bought our house our friend (not our pastor at that time) came and helped us paint. He also helped us move. He has been a good friend to us both through the years. About five years ago we joined the church where he was the pastor. He was well loved by our church and everyone is very sadden by his death. It has been especially hard on my husband as this was the second good/best friend he has lost this year. I just had his memorial service on my mind yesterday and forgot about posting my score completely. I will just add it to next week's as all it was was a +1.

I haven't decided about next year yet. I would do it, but I'm not very good at keeping up with things week after week, especially when they involve counting and keeping track of things. I tend to be a dropout of year long challenges. So, true confession of a sad character trait. I just don't do those kinds of things well anymore. :blush Even August to the end of December this year will be a challenge.

I'm not unwilling to help as such, and if I continue, I would certainly fill in if someone needed some assistance, but I think I would end up being a pretty poor moderator over all, especially at being sure that all the names were in and up to date.

If someone could do that part, I would consider sticking around and compiling the monthly YTD scores. I know this is a pretty half-hearted response, but I'm also realistic enough to know my limitations.

Starting the week off in the hole. I wanted to go to Walmart tonight to see if they have the new RHSS charcoal gray, but didn't think my extra gimpy knees would make it tonight. Then I remembered that Joann had free shipping for orders over 14.92 (a co-worker had to explain that weirdness to me -- 1492, Columbus Day...). Ah -- just let them bring it to me! I ordered three charcoal and two of the newish Grape Fizz that I've also been salivating over when I see it in the stores.

So, I'm starting -10 already for the week, but I'm off three, maybe four days, so maybe I can work off the binge by next Saturday. I can't wait to get the gray. I have a new pattern I'm eager to try and want to use it with that.

Edit -- oh, wait! It won't come until the following week! Home free for this week at least! :lol

I definitely want to be a part of this CAL next year. I have had so much fun with it this year. I really stop and think :think before buying :yarn now. Do I really want/need that :yarn bad enough and have to go into the hole with my score. :yes or :no Be a :devil and buy. Then :2blush when I have to confess to buying more :yarn. :shrug

After giving it careful consideration I pm'd Linda yesterday afternoon and said I would be glad to be the moderator of this thread next year. So girls we will be stashbusting or stashbuilding again next year. :yay

Guess I'm at a +2, thanks to a puppy that was mad we didn't let him in our room this morning so he got into my yarn basket (that he had to climb onto a table to get to) and DESTROYED a skein of sock yarn I was using to make myself socks. I'm so mad right now. It was the first splurg on myself that I've done in a long time and now a $5 tiny skein of pretty yarn is junk.

started off the week with a -8 and already used up all the skeins except one little ball. I may just have to add that to the scrap ghan just to get rid of it! so -1 right now

So I finish up a skein last night..and then buy another one :think Is life :lol

I definitely want to be a part of this CAL next year. I have had so much fun with it this year. I really stop and think :think before buying :yarn now. Do I really want/need that :yarn bad enough and have to go into the hole with my score. :yes or :no Be a :devil and buy. Then :2blush when I have to confess to buying more :yarn. :shrug

After giving it careful consideration I pm'd Linda yesterday afternoon and said I would be glad to be the moderator of this thread next year. So girls we will be stashbusting or stashbuilding again next year. :yay

Thank you thank you!!

I am willing to help out if/when I can. I would even be willing to keep track of new members?? Anything to help you, because I am going to be here next year too! :cheer:cheer

this sure sounds like last week,started with + 4 was gifted two skeins back to 0

only thing is its earlier in the week,and I'm making scarves from assorted yarn balls,so I should recover my score,I hope

I will be sooo glad when my grandma gets out of the hospital in Madison...so I can stop going to the JoAnn super center they have there...LOL! :devil Another 14 skeins of yarn followed me home from there today!

Archived