2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I finished my sweetheart ripple!!!!!!! Used up 5 balls and rolled the last skein to a ball, so a +6 for this week!! I'm so happy I'm finished. The only thing I don't like is I don't care for the yarn. It was my first time working with Caron Simply Soft and it has fuzzed up terribly. But the afghan looks amazing!!!

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1347402702.jpg

Very pretty! Great job!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Putting in my totals now, so I don't forget...

This week, there was a SHAMEFUL yarn relapse. My order from The Dizzy Sheep came in...3 skeins of sock yarn (which I'm using to make a granny shawl for a Christmas present), so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -6 YTD +7

:blush :blush :blush

It's a good day here. Son started physical therapy. He did pretty good. And then we went out for breakfast on a gift card. Yay!

And I got to go to my knitting/crochet group. Things are improving!

:manyheart

It's a good day here. Son started physical therapy. He did pretty good. And then we went out for breakfast on a gift card. Yay!

Praying things continue in the upwards way!:cheer

Really glad to hear this. :manyheart

I was at a + 10,then got tired of only two blue choices,either baby blue or soft navy

so went to Michaels,was hoping to pay only 1.50 on a skein 50% coupon,well they had no delft blue,so got a color close to it in loops and threads,still only cost me 1.83

Gee I really hated paying that 2.77 at walmart for that delft blue,but really wanted it

so now I'm at + 6 for the week so far.

I finished my sweetheart ripple!!!!!!! Used up 5 balls and rolled the last skein to a ball, so a +6 for this week!! I'm so happy I'm finished. The only thing I don't like is I don't care for the yarn. It was my first time working with Caron Simply Soft and it has fuzzed up terribly. But the afghan looks amazing!!!

Wow! That pattern is pretty awesome and you did a great job! :cheer As for Simply Soft, I agree. Won't touch it unless it is absolutely necessary.

:clap yes, it does indeed!! Great job!! :manyheart

I actually did some hooking this week! Well, only yesterday for a while, but I'll take what I can get at this point!! :lol

I used up a skein, so I also have a score this week... and we'll be busy the rest of the day ~ I'm posting now so I don't forget! :wink

For Week Ending 9/15/12

WTD +2 / YTD +14

I've been working hard at the market, to tired to get to the library for internet. I did a lot of :crocheting while watching TV though :lol. I used a skein, a ball and rolled a skein down (+ 4) :cheer. I have 1/2 the squares done for an afghan. My friend doesn't need it until Christmas, so I'm putting it on hold and going to make some pumpkin pins. I hope to get here more often.

Ellie 13

WTD: + 4 YTD: + 88

I managed to get back up to +10,two ball and one skein,I was working along and it dawns on me that stack of 6" squares is getting kinda tall,counted and had 27 squares for the evening-- wow

wtd +10 ytd +400

I won't use up anything more today, so I'll go on and post. I ended up taking some sick time from work - arthritis flare up and big case of the blah's to go with it. I finished up a couple of nearly complete round ripples I was making for a co-worker, but didn't feel like doing much else. So my big Finally-Start-Using-It-Up-Week came out to --

WTD: +1

YTD: -109

At this rate, I should be able to work off that deficit by around Halloween 2014! :lol

Horray for finishing projects

WTD +19 YTD +79

next week my Christmas project order arrives-- I may not break +100 this year, but it has been fun:clap

:eek not break 100:eek

you really must have used up all your yarn in previous years

Archived